End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 07:02:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

North Korea threatens South with "final destruction" "WAR 'imminent"

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: North Korea threatens South with "final destruction" "WAR 'imminent"  (Read 16263 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2013, 03:47:03 am »

Is North Korea about to start World War 3? The truth behind rogue state's fighting talk

With a 900,000-strong army, a terrifying chemical arsenal and a leader with an itchy trigger finger, it could explode into a devastating war

IT is easy to see North Korean leader Kim Jong-un as a joke figure, and to dismiss his puffed-up posturing about bombing the US as bluster.

And it is true there is no chance of a North Korean nuclear missile flattening New York, Manhattan, Washington or LA any time soon.

But with a 900,000-strong army, a terrifying chemical arsenal and a leader with a very itchy trigger finger, the fragile situation in Korea could explode into a devastating war.

And international concern is mounting.

UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, himself a former South Korean foreign minister, has called for direct talks with North Korea to contain the situation.

The United States responded to North Korean threats with a quiet demonstration of its enormous military might, sending B-52 and B2-stealth bombers for training flights over North Korea.

These are platforms for US strategic nuclear weapons, sending an unmistakable signal that the regime is playing with fire.

The US also deployed F-22 stealth bombers and moved an Aegis-class warship to the region.

The battleship is equipped with the capability to intercept ballistic missiles.

Yesterday North Korea announced that it was restarting the Yongbyon nuclear reactor, shut down in 2007.

The reactor produced the plutonium for the country’s nuclear devices.

Although it will take up to a year to restart, the announcement is significant because currently North Korea only has enough plutonium for about six nuclear devices.

It wants to make clear it will develop its nuclear arsenal, integrate it fully into its defences and will not give up nuclear weapons.

In Washington and South Korean capital Seoul, the atmosphere remains calm. There is no evidence North Korea is mobilising its forces.

Every day South Korean workers travel to the special industrial zone in Kaesong across the border as if nothing had happened.

Washington and Seoul remain convinced that North Korea cannot afford to start a major conflict which could only end with the destruction of its regime.

But the risk of war is real. There are 900,000 North Korean soldiers deployed across the demilitarized zone (DMZ) between the two Koreas.

They are equipped with more than 17,000 artillery pieces and 3,500 main battle tanks.

In the event of armed conflict, the Korean People’s Army will be raining artillery projectiles on to downtown Seoul while advancing across the DMZ.

The North also possesses significant quantities of chemical weapons.

While it cannot win a war, it can cause enormous damage and loss of life even without nuclear weapons. It also has about 100,000 special forces trained to infiltrate the South in the event of war.

The current crisis is dangerous because both sides have already reached the limit of what can be achieved through military signals, and have no way to reduce tensions.

Washington and Seoul do not want to reward Kim Jong-un with any concessions or even talks as they have done previously.

Normalisation of relations remains off the table as long as North Korea maintains brutal prison camps where 200,000 of its political opponents are incarcerated and denies basic human rights to its own population.

In the mid-90s a severe famine resulted in the deaths of three million people in the North while its government did nothing at all to alleviate their suffering.

In the past, North Korea has used small-scale attacks, such as the killing of American soldiers in the DMZ or the sinking of the South Korean frigate Cheonan and artillery attacks on Yeonpyeong island in 2010 to reinforce the diplomatic pressure.

Since then, the South Korean military has changed its policy.

It is determined to respond to any attack by North Korea with a much larger military response targeted both at the units that fired and command centres in the capital Pyongyang.

North and South Korea are still technically at war as there is no peace treaty and South Korea never signed the ceasefire agreement at the end of the Korean War.

Any miscalculated step could trigger a military conflict that could spiral out of control.

Many are now looking to China for keeping its “client state” under control. China rescued North Korea from total defeat in the Korean War in the 50s.

At that time General MacArthur wanted to use nuclear weapons against targets in China to force their withdrawal from the war but was overruled by President Truman and removed from command.

Although China has provided a security guarantee for North Korea since then, it is no longer the case that it will support North Korea’s military adventures.

Thus, China has called for calm and restraint on all sides.

In  the past China temporarily suspended shipments of oil and food to North Korea. So why not now?

The answer is that Beijing is concerned about the outbreak of a major conflict on the Korean peninsula that could result in millions of refugees flooding into China.

Worse still, it could suck China itself into a military conflict with the United States.

Beijing is treading very carefully now because it fears further pressure on North Korea will cause the situation to get out of control.

So far there has been no clear indication of what Kim Jong-un wants to achieve.

The most likely explanation is that there are serious divisions within the leadership.

By responding harshly to the condemnation of his missile and nuclear tests in the United Nations Security Council, Kim is demonstrating that he is up to the job of confronting the United States and South Korea.

Ban Ki-moon is right. China and the United States need to work together to establish some framework for dialogue with North Korea to defuse the crisis.

This might be enough for Kim Jong-un to declare victory without achieving any substantial concessions and allow for renewed engagement with North Korea.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/north-korea-start-world-war-1806119
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2013, 04:03:14 am »

Why did North Korea really threaten to launch nuclear attacks on the U.S.? Is Kim Jong-un just crazy or is there something bigger at play here?

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2013, 07:24:52 am »

U.S. MISSILE DEFENSE TO GUAM...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22021832

Warplanes moved to Philippines...
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/04/us-philippines-usa-military-idUSBRE9330BC20130404

American Troop Poised at Border...
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/04/u-s-troops-stand-poised-to-respond-at-north-korea-border/

'Could make preemptive strike'...
http://thehill.com/video/house/291579-rep-king-us-could-make-preemptive-strike-on-north-korea

Kim Jung-Un Losing Control?
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Military/2013/0403/Kim-Jong-un-Can-US-trust-North-Korea-leader-to-act-rationally?nav=87-frontpage-entryNineItem

China miffed at NKorea...
http://koreajoongangdaily.joinsmsn.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=2969614&cloc=joongangdaily|home|newslist1

PYONGYANG PREPS MISSILES
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20130404/DA5ELC3G1.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2013, 07:30:04 am »

Just remember, Amerika is NOT an END TIMES player. The Antichrist becomes Israel’s protector, just how do you think that happens? Something has to happen to Amerika, this could be it...Need to prepare for the worst... 
Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2013, 11:59:15 am »

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/29/korea-north-russia-idUSL5N0CL0JG20130329?feedName=OutloudFeed&feedType=RSS
3/29/13
Russia warns against military activity near North Korea

(Reuters) - Russia said on Friday that heightened military activity near North Korea was slipping into a "vicious cycle" that could get out of control, implicitly criticising U.S. bomber flights that followed threats from Pyongyang.

Foreign Ministry Sergei Lavrov suggested that North Korea should also cool down, calling on "all sides not to flex their military muscle" and avoid the danger of a belligerent response.

"We are concerned that alongside the adequate, collective reaction of the U.N. Security Council, unilateral action is being taken around North Korea that is increasing military activity," Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said.

"The situation could simply get out of control, it is slipping toward the spiral of a vicious cycle," he said when asked about tensions on the Korean Peninsula at a joint news conference after talks with his Ukrainian counterpart.

more
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2013, 03:36:42 pm »

US chemical battalion in South Korea:The United States has deployed a battalion equipped to deal with nuclear, biological and chemical attacks in South Korea after North Korea threatened to attack the US with ‘nuclear weapons.’ 

http://presstv.com/detail/2013/04/04/296464/us-chemical-battalion-in-south-korea/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2013, 04:01:00 pm »

Just remember, Amerika is NOT an END TIMES player. The Antichrist becomes Israel’s protector, just how do you think that happens? Something has to happen to Amerika, this could be it...Need to prepare for the worst... 

Not that I endorse SBC President Fred Luter nor Rick Wiles(that end times radio talk show host who's proven to be a heretic, and has a lot of Catholic listeners), but Luter was on Wiles's show recently, and he suggested to Wiles that b/c same-sex marriage is really being pushed in this country, God has brought judgment by putting that madman there in North Korea.

Again, I don't endorse anything they say(I've crossed paths with Luter once when I lived in New Orleans - the guy's a fake, and he's also a member of the city's Interfaith group at the RCC archdiocese), but nonetheless the enemies(which I believe Luter and Wiles work for) will occasionally telegraph stuff to the public like this as they know what's going on behind the dark curtains.

So yeah, who knows, this could be the event that brings Amerika down.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2013, 04:13:33 pm »

Not that I endorse SBC President Fred Luter nor Rick Wiles(that end times radio talk show host who's proven to be a heretic, and has a lot of Catholic listeners), but Luter was on Wiles's show recently, and he suggested to Wiles that b/c same-sex marriage is really being pushed in this country, God has brought judgment by putting that madman there in North Korea.

Again, I don't endorse anything they say(I've crossed paths with Luter once when I lived in New Orleans - the guy's a fake, and he's also a member of the city's Interfaith group at the RCC archdiocese), but nonetheless the enemies(which I believe Luter and Wiles work for) will occasionally telegraph stuff to the public like this as they know what's going on behind the dark curtains.

So yeah, who knows, this could be the event that brings Amerika down.

This country has been under Judgment for a while. Eventually we will be punished, what better time than now.
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2013, 05:08:25 pm »

I agree that scripture doesn't mention America, at least it seems not to, but I'm not willing to go so far as to say they aren't an end times "player". I don't believe there is any indication that America won't be around as a country till the end, unless you go by events in the world itself, which seems to suggest America is being taken over and changed to conform to the New World Order of world government. For that to happen, they had to break the US politically, somehow remove the Constitution from the equation, and I believe they have done that as evidenced by all the politicians who are complicit in the passing of unconstitutional tyrannical laws and the various other actions that shows it's clear those people are not friends of the Constitution and US sovereignty.

If I were to guess, I'd venture that the US will be brought into the global fold of world government, and may even be outright changed constitutionally away from a republic to a full blown democracy, even to the point of basically a coupe of sorts claiming the country has been mishandled and they are taking the country back for "Americans, blah, blah, blah".

Total collapse? For some reason, I just don't see it. MAJOR trouble, even public uprisings, I don't doubt, and even expect it, but it won't destroy the country, but instead set the stage for political powers to step in and "save the day".

"...let God be true..."
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2013, 06:00:24 pm »

but I'm not willing to go so far as to say they aren't an end times "player"

oh i do, right now and for the last 60 years Amerika has been Israels sole protector, besides the Lord of course. During the END TIMES, it will be the antichrist and his European allies. NOT Amerika. So something has to happen. Just imagine how quickly support for Israel would drop if there were no Christians around, IE: the Rapture.

But a more easily one to see is Amerika being taken out by a couple 3rd world nations, Heck i could do it if i was in charge of N Korea. Its not like we are a defended nation with anti missile batteries on the shores. We arent like other countries, we have no defenses at the ready. I can fully see that happen, and its not like we are a God Fearing nation. And i fully believe that we are under Judgment, and punishment is coming, and I fully believe it will happen BEFORE the end times start.

There are only a couple of nations guaranteed to make it to the end times, and well Amerika isnt one of them.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2013, 06:45:33 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/nkoreas-twitter-account-hacked-amid-091726564.html
NKorea's Twitter account hacked amid tension

NKorea's Twitter account hacked amid tension; Anonymous allegedly grabs NKorea data

4/4/13

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) -- Hackers apparently broke into at least two of North Korea's government-run online sites Thursday, as tensions rose on the Korean Peninsula.

The North's Uriminzokkiri Twitter and Flickr accounts stopped sending out content typical of that posted by the regime in Pyongyang, such as photos of North's leader Kim Jong Un meeting with military officials.

Instead, a picture posted Thursday on the North's Flickr site shows Kim's face with a pig-like snout and a drawing of Mickey Mouse on his chest. Underneath, the text reads: "Threatening world peace with ICBMs and Nuclear weapons/Wasting money while his people starve to death."

Another posting says "We are Anonymous" in white letters against a black background. Anonymous is a name of a hacker activist group. A statement purporting to come from the attackers and widely circulated online said that they had compromised 15,000 user records hosted on Uriminzokkiri.com and other websites. The authenticity of the statement couldn't be confirmed, but the North's official website did not open Thursday.

Tweets on the North's Twitter account said "Hacked" followed by a link to North Korea-related websites. One tweet said "Tango Down" followed by a link to the North's Flickr page.

more
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2013, 10:44:50 pm »

Instead, a picture posted Thursday on the North's Flickr site shows Kim's face with a pig-like snout and a drawing of Mickey Mouse on his chest. Underneath, the text reads: "Threatening world peace with ICBMs and Nuclear weapons/Wasting money while his people starve to death."

Kim is the most hated person in the world right now
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2013, 10:52:34 pm »

Well, we'll see how this turns out - the MSM seems to be pushing this a bit now. Saw a bit of CNN tonight, and Gingrich was discussing this on Piers Morgan. Apparently too, this is one of the hot-potato NWO agendas of the Illuminati.

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2013, 06:10:02 am »

North Korea asks Russia to consider possible evacuation of Russian embassy staff in Pyongyang; Russia says no plans at this point - @Reuters

that really bothers me
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2013, 09:27:36 am »

Get out of North Korea, now! ALL embassies told to evacuate staff from Pyongyang after madman dictator warns he 'cannot guarantee safety of foreigners'

Rogue communist state issued a deadline of April 10 to every government
Russia in 'contact with U.S., China and South Korea' about staff safety
About two dozen countries, including the U.K., have embassies in North Korea - although the U.S. has no diplomatic relations
N Korea has moved second Musudan missile with 3,000km range
South Korea deployed two warships with missile-defence systems

All government embassies have been instructed to evacuate staff from Pyongyang after dictator Kim Jong-un warned he could not 'guarantee the safety of foreigners.'

The rogue communist state issued a deadline of April 10 to every government that is represented in North Korea in a dramatic new escalation of the nuclear crisis.

Today the British Foreign Office confirmed it had been told its staff were at risk while Russia said it was in 'close contact with the U.S, China and South Korea' about airlifting workers out.

Advice for tourists is set to change after North Korea moved a second missile to its east coast, according to South Korea's Yonhap news agency.

Scroll down for videos

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2304287/North-Korea-latest-Get-ALL-embassies-told-evacuate-staff-Pyongyang-Kim-Jong-Uns-warning.html#ixzz2PbDNxDLY

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2013, 11:45:35 am »

http://rt.com/news/earthquake-russia-korea-china-395/
6.2 magnitude earthquake shakes Russia's Far East, close to China and North Korea

An earthquake of 6.2 magnitude was registered in the border area between Russia, China and North Korea, the US Geological Survey said Friday.

The epicenter of the quake was 9km from the Russian village of Zarubino, about 60km northeast of the North Korean city of Aodzhiri and approximately 608 km from the capital Pyongyang. No casualties or damage have been reported.

The earthquake struck at a depth of 561.9 km.

As the epicenter of the quake is not within North Korea itself, the South Korean Defense Ministry said that the quake did in fact result from natural causes, and not a nuclear test.

Both earthquakes and nuclear tests create seismic waves, and the earthquake comes as Pyongyang has recently threatened to launch a nuclear strike against the US.

On Friday, North Korea warned that it would be unable to guarantee the safety of embassies and international organizations in the country in the event of conflict starting from April 10.

In March, a 6.1-magnitude earthquake shook the northern part of Russia's Kamchatka Peninsula in the country’s Far East, and a 6.9 earthquake struck south of the peninsula in late February

Neither resulted in causalities or significant damages.

An underground formation in the area known as the Kuril-Kamchatka arc is one of the most seismically active regions in the world.

The USGS says that since 1900, seven massive earthquakes registering 8.3 on the Richter Scale or higher have occurred along the arc.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2013, 03:59:20 pm »

North Korea asks Russia to consider possible evacuation of Russian embassy staff in Pyongyang; Russia says no plans at this point - @Reuters

that really bothers me

NK's blustering history really makes me hesitate to consider this serious, yet. But things like this seem to be a bit more than the past, and yes, that's bothersome. But it's a head-scratcher. Why now? Why NK? It's like a little yapping old dog with no teeth. Who could they really mess with and why? They, by all indications, would lose BIG time, and fast. You start tossing around the word "nuclear" and suddenly you got everybody's serious attention. It's one thing to be running your mouth back and forth over two fishing vessels that bump each other fighting over some boundary in the water, but this is another level of stupid.

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have [it] more abundantly." John 10:10 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2013, 02:11:12 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/north-korea-asks-embassies-consider-moving-diplomats-022658803--business.html
Embassies staying put in North Korea despite tension
4/6/13

By Jane Chung

SEOUL (Reuters) - Staff at embassies in North Korea appeared to be remaining in place on Saturday despite an appeal by authorities in Pyongyang for diplomats to consider leaving because of heightened tension after weeks of bellicose exchanges.

North Korean authorities told diplomatic missions they could not guarantee their safety from next Wednesday - after declaring that conflict was inevitable amid joint U.S.-South Korean military exercises due to last until the end of the month.

Whatever the atmosphere in Pyongyang, the rain-soaked South Korean capital, Seoul, was calm. Traffic moved normally through the city center, busy with Saturday shoppers.

South Korea's Yonhap news agency quoted a government official as saying diplomats were disregarding the suggestion they might leave the country.

"We don't believe there's any foreign mission about to leave Pyongyang," the unidentified official was quoted as saying. "Most foreign governments view the North Korean message as a way of ratcheting up tension on the Korean peninsula."

North Korea has been angry since new U.N. sanctions were imposed following its third nuclear weapons test in February. Its rage has apparently been compounded by joint U.S.-South Korean military exercises that began on March 1.

China's Xinhua news agency on Friday had quoted the North's Foreign Ministry as saying the issue was no longer whether but when a war would break out.

Most countries saw the appeal to the missions as little more than strident rhetoric after weeks of threatening to launch a nuclear strike on the United States and declarations of war against the South.

But Russia said it was "seriously studying" the request.

A South Korean government official expressed bewilderment.

"It's hard to define what is its real intention," said the official, who asked not to be identified. "But it might have intensified these threats to strengthen the regime internally or to respond to the international community."

The United Nations said its humanitarian workers remained active across North Korea. Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon, however, remained "deeply concerned" about tensions, heightened since the imposition of U.N. sanctions against the North for its third nuclear arms test in February.

Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi repeated Beijing's calls for dialogue to resolve the tensions in a phone call with Ban.

"We oppose provocative words and actions from any party in the region and do not allow troublemaking on China's doorstep," a statement on the ministry's website said, citing Wang.

The appeal to diplomats followed news reports in the South that North Korea, under its 30-year-old leader Kim Jong-un, had moved two medium-range missiles to a location on its east coast. That prompted the White House to say that Washington would "not be surprised" if the North staged another missile test.

Kim Jong-un is the third member of his dynasty to rule North Korea. He took over in December 2011 after the death of his father, Kim Jong-il, who staged confrontations with South Korea and the United States throughout his 17-year rule.

North Korea has always condemned the exercises held by U.S. forces and their South Korean allies. But its comments have been especially vitriolic this year as the United States dispatched B-2 bombers from its home bases to stage mock runs.

"MADCAP NUCLEAR WAR"

North Korea's government daily newspaper said tension remained high because the United States was "waging madcap nuclear war maneuvers".

"This is aimed at igniting a nuclear war against it through a pre-emptive strike," the Minju Joson said in a commentary. "The prevailing situation proves that a new war, a nuclear war, is imminent on the peninsula."

A television documentary broadcast on Friday quoted North Korean leader Kim as saying, during a provincial tour last month, that the country needed to "absolutely guarantee the quality of our artillery and shells to ensure a rapid pre-emptive attack on our enemies".

But some commentators examining the outcome of meetings in Pyongyang last week - of the ruling Workers' Party and of the rubber-stamp legislature - concluded that Kim and his leadership were more concerned with economic than military issues.

Internet site 38 North, which specializes in North Korean affairs, cited the reappointment of reformer Pak Pong Ju as prime minister, the limited titles given to top military and security officials and the naming of a woman to a senior party post.

"These personnel appointments make a great deal of sense in the context of Pyongyang's declarations ... that its economic policy will be modified by introducing systemic reforms while also continuing the development of nuclear weapons," 38 North commentator Michael Madden wrote.

"(They) appear to be important steps in moving key economic development products and production away from the control of the military to the party and government."

North Korea has not shut down one symbol of joint cooperation, the Kaesong industrial zone just inside its border. But last week it prevented South Koreans from entering the complex and about 100 of them who have since remained were due to return home on Saturday, leaving a further 500 there.

The barrage of North Korean threats has created jitters in South Korea's financial markets.

Shares slid on Friday, but analysts said much of the decline was linked to the Bank of Japan's monetary easing policies and one analyst said further major falls were unlikely.

"In a sense, for now the yen is of greater concern than the North Korea risk," said Ko Seunghee, a market analyst at SK Securities. "There is a sense that the KOSPI (index) will not fall sharply or drop below the 1,900 level unless big news about North Korea breaks out."

(Additional reporting by Michael Martina in Beijing, Writing by Ron Popeski; Editing by Robert Birsel and Stephen Powell)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 02:23:23 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2013, 02:22:47 pm »

http://news.sky.com/story/1074718/north-korea-us-deploys-spy-plane-to-japan
North Korea: US Deploys Spy Plane To Japan
The US brings forwards its drone deployment to Japan after North Korea moves two missiles on mobile launchers to its east coast.

Tensions remain high on the Korean Peninsula amid reports the US has deployed an unmanned spy plane to Japan to boost its surveillance after North Korea readied missile launchers on its east coast.

The Global Hawk will be stationed at the US airbase in Misawa, northern Japan, in the first ever deployment of the aircraft in the country, the Sankei Shimbun reported, quoting government sources.

The US military informed Japan last month about plans to deploy the plane between June and September but has brought the date forward.

It comes after North Korea warned foreign diplomats they may not be safe in the country if war breaks out.

Pyongyang asked foreign embassies whether they were considering evacuating staff, saying the government could not guarantee their safety in the event of conflict from April 10.

The British Foreign Office dismissed the warning as "rhetoric".

However, an urgent international effort to defuse the situation is under way.

The heads of EU missions are to meet to hammer out a common position on the crisis, while the US works its diplomatic channels to resolve the stand-off with Pyongyang.

US Secretary of State John Kerry has been holding talks with officials in South Korea, as well as China - historically North Korea's ally - to see if the Chinese can put any more pressure on North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un to back down.

Reporting from the South Korean capital Seoul, Sky's Asia Correspondent Mark Stone, said: "In the skies above the Korean Peninsula there are spy planes operating.

"There will be drones - American drones - operating before long from a base in Japan.

"They are trying to get as much of a sense as possible of what it is that Kim Jong-Un is doing on the ground with his weaponry.

"We know he has some pretty sophisticated weaponry.

"There are artillery rounds just over the border. They could in theory hit Seoul. That's a big concern for South Korea.

"That's why they are trying to put these intelligence reports together, as well as the diplomacy behind the scenes, to try and work out what Kim Jong-Un might be up to."

He continued: "The diplomats were warned by Pyongyang to leave by April 10 - no one quite knows why that date should be significant.

"It seems pretty clear, certainly speaking to western diplomats based in Pyongyang, their belief is this is just the latest round of rhetoric from North Korea.

"You would assume that if North Korea was planning some sort of war, it would actually want the diplomats from foreign countries to remain there so that they could be used as some sort of a bargaining chip - not kicked out of North Korea.

"I think it is alarming, but I think it's also probably just more rhetoric," he added.

Most governments have made it clear they have no immediate plans to withdraw personnel from the area.

Western tourists returning from organised tours in Pyongyang - which have continued despite the crisis - said the situation on the ground appeared calm, with life going on as normal.

"We're glad to be back but we didn't feel frightened when we were there," said Tina Krabbe, from Denmark, arriving in Beijing after five days in North Korea.

The embassy warning on Friday coincided with reports that North Korea had loaded two mid-range Musudan missiles on mobile launchers and hidden them in underground facilities on its eastern coast.

The Musudan have never been tested but are believed to have a range of around 3,000km (1,860 miles), which could theoretically be pushed to 4,000km (2,485 miles).

That would cover any target in South Korea and Japan, and possibly even reach US military bases located on the Pacific island of Guam - which Pyongyang has threatened to strike.

Tensions have soared on the Korean peninsula since December, when the North test-launched a long-range rocket. In February, it conducted its third nuclear test and drew fresh UN sanctions.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2013, 02:35:26 am »

Most governments have made it clear they have no immediate plans to withdraw personnel from the area.

If that is true, then this whole thing is a media sideshow. If diplomats aren't going anywhere, I'd say it's a pretty good bet NK is just rattling the media.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2013, 09:37:11 am »

If that is true, then this whole thing is a media sideshow. If diplomats aren't going anywhere, I'd say it's a pretty good bet NK is just rattling the media.

This is no different from the days of our "battle" with Communism with the Soviet Union - despite all the talk of "nuclear destruction", it never happened, and it turned out it was nothing but Hegelian Dialectic talk. What we're seeing here is likely no different.

Personally, the way I see the end times scenario playing out is not necessarily world war(or any kind of war), but the entire world being in a state of confusion and fear, where they are BEGGING for some kind of "global leader" to help them. We actually saw shades of that in the late 80's prior to communism falling.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2013, 02:03:07 pm »

http://www.ynetnews.com/Ext/Comp/ArticleLayout/CdaArticlePrintPreview/1,2506,L-4364583,00.html
North Korea increases artillery production

Documentary shows Kim Jong-un telling industry chiefs to prepare for 'preemptive strike', according to South Korean news agency

The situation in North Korea  continues to escalate: Leader Kim Jong-un has recently ordered to increase production of artillery in expectation of the coming hostilities.

"When war breaks, we'll have to wipe out the enemy's bases and institutions in one blow," Kim said in a video released on Saturday.

"We have to be sure we posses quality artillery and shells," he added.

more
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2013, 12:15:48 am »

As North Korea readies missile launch, fear growing of major cyber attack to disable US computer networks this week...

The North Korean media continued to describe the standoff in dramatic terms at the weekend, accusing the US and South Korea of "waging madcap nuclear war manoeuvres".

"This is aimed at igniting a nuclear war against it through a pre-emptive strike," the Minju Joson, a government daily newspaper, said. "The prevailing situation proves that a new war, a nuclear war, is imminent on the peninsula."

The prospect of a North Korean missile test is causing concern in Japan, which is easily within range. In Tokyo, Yoshihide Suga, a government spokesman, said that Japan was preparing for a "worst-case" scenario, and urged China and Russia to play "significant roles" in defusing tensions. Experts and officials have dismissed Pyongyang's threats to launch nuclear strikes against the US, given the rudimentary state of its weapons capability. But it could cause widespread disruption with a cyberattack, according to a defector who worked for the regime's 3,000-member cyberwarfare unit.

The regime's next move could be to break into US computer networks to steal information and spread viruses, Jang Se-yul, who defected to the South in 2008, told the Observer. North Korea's hackers are suspected of being behind recent cyberattacks that paralysed computer networks at several South Korean banks and broadcasters.

"It would demonstrate that North Korea is a strong cyberpower," Jang said. "Their prime target is the US, and they've been preparing for something like this for years, including when I was there in the 1990s. I can't say how successful they would be, but it's a possibility."

http://redflagnews.com/headlines/as-north-korea-readies-missile-launch-fear-growing-of-cyber-attack-to-disable-us-computer-networks-this-week
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2013, 01:58:43 pm »

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/north-korea-cuts-off-economic-ties-south-tensions-145102720.html
North Korea Cuts Off Economic Ties With South as Tensions Escalate
4/8/13

North Korea announced Monday that it would pull all workers and suspend operations from the joint-Korean Kaesong industrial zone, one of the last relics of cooperation between North and South Korea.

In a statement released by the state-run North Korean News Agency, Kim Yang-gon, secretary of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea, claimed that South Korea is attempting to turn the industrial zone “into a hotbed of confrontation between compatriots and war against the DPRK, hurting its dignity.”

More than 50,000 North Korean workers will be recalled from the zone. There are currently 475 South Korean managers in the industrial area that is located north of the 38th parallel but their situation is unclear.

The Kaesong industrial zone combines South Korea’s technological prowess with North Korea’s cheap labor and provides Pyongyang with $90 million in annual wages. Around 123 companies operate in the zone and mostly produce cheap clothing and footwear.

The announcement comes after a barrage of nuclear tests by North Korea and escalating tension between the two countries. North Korea’s young leader, Kim Jong-un, has threatened both South Korea and the United States with missiles and other provocative actions over the past weeks.

North Korea’s aggression is particularly difficult to respond to says Paul Carroll, program director of Ploughshares Fund.

“We don’t know, and that’s really the crux of the problem,” he says in an interview with The Daily Ticker. “We just don’t know what it is they want because we don’t have a continuous conversation with them. Everyone is speculating that this is about Kim Jong-un consolidating his power, showing that he’s strong, and getting internal domestic support behind him."

This sudden aggression could also be North Korea’s way of sending a message to China to continue sending monetary and trade support to Pyongyang. Chinese president Xi Jinping said on Sunday that "no one should be allowed to throw a region and even the whole world into chaos for selfish gain," which has been interpreted as a thinly veiled rebuke at North Korea.

Carroll says the U.S. should not fear a nuclear fallout.

“I don’t think we should take the threats about nuclear attack very seriously, but we need to take the situation on the Korean peninsula much more seriously than we have,” he explains. “North Korea really should be getting more respect from Washington and Beijing. Yes they are impoverished, yes they are a dictatorship, but they’ve detonated three nuclear weapons.”

North Korea’s rhetoric may be over the top but their weaponry is becoming more sophisticated and warrants a closer eye, he adds.

Carroll’s sentiment closely follows Ian Bremmer's, president of the Eurasia Group. Bremmer told The Daily Ticker that while most of North Korea’s threats are “classic propaganda,” we shouldn’t discount them entirely.

Secretary of State John Kerry is expected to make a trip to the Korean peninsula next week where he is scheduled to address the rising tensions in the area. “I think sending the Secretary of State to the area is a lot better than sending B2s and B52s,” says Carroll.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2013, 03:05:29 pm »

Sometimes maybe one way to examine a situation is to step back and observe what is not being said or discussed. What's missing in this? No clearly defined reason given for NK's actions. Articles have briefly mentioned the North is upset about military exercises, but they do those type things all the time, so why the dust up now? It seems like they just gloss over why North Korea is acting up, which I think that means somebody ain't telling the whole story in the media. Propaganda is a two-sided coin.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2013, 04:11:03 am »

I really doubt if the media would tell us the truth anyway.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2013, 08:16:18 am »

Warns Foreigners to Leave South Korea...
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/09/us-korea-north-idUSBRE93408020130409

North Korea intensified threats of an imminent conflict against the United States and the South on Tuesday, warning foreigners to evacuate South Korea to avoid being dragged into "thermonuclear war".

Japan Deploys Patriot Missiles to Defend Tokyo...
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/454992/20130409/north-korea-missile-japan-interceptor-tokyo-pyongyang.htm

NKOREA 'TO LAUNCH MISSILE TOMORROW'
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/390452/North-Korea-to-launch-missile-TOMORROW-after-warning-foreigners-to-evacuate-South??
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2013, 12:20:26 pm »

Let them launch it, if what the media has been saying is true. That would mean they have about 1 and a half missiles left, and that ain't enough to blow up anything really, based on the size it's claimed they might be able to make. Maybe make a real big mess in some small town, but that's it for a 1 megaton. Those people don't care about loosing a few lives for the sake of the "collective", so I'm not seeing them getting overly bothered with these threats.

It's like a person standing about 100 yards away pointing a single shot .22 cal revolver at you, threatening to shoot you. I'd take my chances on that all day long. Good luck even hitting the target, much less doing any real damage. Besides, we have Jesus on our side, so they could put it to my forehead if they want, nothing will happen to us unless God says so, and even then, all that will happen is that we are taken from this temporal world at His will, but we are still His sons.

This also is another verse that proves one cannot lose salvation! But one must believe it with all their heart...

"For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's." Romans 14:8 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2013, 03:35:41 pm »

Video: 1/3 Of US Air Force Grounded: ‘Sequester’ N. Korean Nuclear False Flag On The Horizon?

Something isn't right here! For YEARS and years the US government has found a way to print enough money to make sure that they could build a thousand more bombs and for some reason, the Department of Homeland Security has found enough money to buy BILLIONS of rounds of hollow point bullets but, in this hour of potential WORLD CRISIS, the US government can't find enough money to fund an entire ONE-THIRD of the United States Air Force because of the 'sequester'? Something stinks to high heaven as North Korea gets ready for a missile fired over Japan and has notified that they may soon conduct another nuclear test. This breaking story below from Asbury Park Press stinks to high heaven.

NORFOLK, VA. — The Air Force is grounding about a third of its active-duty combat aircraft because of automatic spending cuts.

The stand-down will affect units stationed in the U.S., Europe and the Pacific. Those units include fighter, bomber, aggressor and airborne warning and control squadrons.

Air Combat Command at Joint Base Langley-Eustis in Hampton, Va. made the announcement Tuesday.

Some units deployed that include F-16s, F-22s, A-10s and B-1s will stand down after they return home from their deployments. Other units began Tuesday.

http://beforeitsnews.com/global-unrest/2013/04/13-of-us-air-force-grounded-sequester-n-korean-nuclear-false-flag-on-the-horizon-2454622.html
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2013, 11:55:41 am »

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/11/world/asia/koreas-tensions/index.html
North Korean missile in upright firing position, official says
By Jethro Mullen. Barbara Starr and Joe Sterling, CNN

updated 12:47 PM EDT, Thu April 11, 2013

(CNN) -- North Korea has raised at least one missile into its upright firing position, feeding concerns that a launch is imminent, a U.S. official told CNN Thursday.

This comes amid another round of daily tough talk from the North. A government agency is quoted by the state-run media as saying that "war can break out any moment."

So far, South Koreans -- who've heard the cross-border bombast before -- are taking the swagger in stride. Washington regards much of the North's saber rattling as bluster.

But no one is taking any chances as the daily clamor of threats from North Korean leader Kim Jong Un's government shows no sign of letting up.

War of words escalates - Timeline of a crisis

After the raising of the missile Wednesday, it was not clear why the North Korean government did not proceed with the firing.

The U.S. official cautioned that the raising of the missile could have been just a trial run to ensure the equipment works or an effort to "mess" with the United States and the allies that are watching for a launch at any time.

The official declined to specify what type of intelligence led the United States to conclude the medium-range missile -- a Musudan -- was in a firing position.

Should I stay or should I go? Expats mull future as Korean tensions rise

The Musudan is an untested weapon that South Korea says has a range as far as 3,500 kilometers (2,175 miles).

It could reach as far as Guam, a Western Pacific territory that is home to U.S. naval and air bases, and where the United States recently said it was placing missile defense systems.

The United States and South Korean militaries have been monitoring the movements of mobile ballistic missiles on the east coast of North Korea. Japan has deployed defense systems.

Opinion: Why North Korea worries Dick Cheney

The mood in South Korea? 'Very ordinary'

Life is generally continuing as normal in the region, however, despite the North's barrage of recent threats, which have included warnings to foreigners on the peninsula about their safety in the event of conflict,

South Koreans, who have experienced decades of North Korean rage and posturing -- and occasional localized attacks -- have gone about their daily business without alarm.

"South Korea has been living under such threats from the past, and we are always prepared for it," South Korean Unification Minister Ryoo Kihl-jae told CNN Wednesday. He called the current climate "a very ordinary situation."

Tourist visits to the North appear not to have been significantly affected by the situation. China says that while some tour groups have canceled trips, the border between the two countries is still operating normally.

Chinese tourism: The good, the bad and the backlash

Foreign athletes are expected to compete in a marathon Sunday in Pyongyang, one of many sporting events organized by North Korean authorities to celebrate the 101st anniversary next week of the birth of Kim Il Sung, the founder of North Korea and the grandfather of leader Kim Jong Un.

"Our group just boarded a full plane for #Pyongyang," Uri Tours, a U.S.-based travel agency that arranges trips to North Korea, tweeted late Wednesday.

North Korea's missile capabilities

South urges dialogue over industrial zone

The difficulties at the Kaesong industrial zone, a key symbol of inter-Korean cooperation, are among the few tangible signs of the tensions.

Pyongyang repeated a threat to permanently close the industrial zone, which it jointly operates with the South, accusing South Korean President Park Geun-hye of putting the manufacturing complex at risk.

The South Korean government, meanwhile, urged Pyongyang to work to resolve the situation through dialogue.

"Pyongyang should come to the bargaining table immediately," Ryoo said.

North Korea has pulled its more than 50,000 workers out of the complex, which is on the northern side of the heavily fortified border that divides the two Koreas, and blocked personnel and supply trucks from entering it from South Korea.

In a statement reported Thursday by state-run media, the North Korean government said that what happens at the complex in the coming days "entirely depends on the attitude of the South Korean authorities."

DMZ: Tensions high at knife-edge of Korean conflict

U.S. intelligence cites direct threats

The dangers posed by North Korea came up Thursday at a House Intelligence Committee hearing about worldwide threats.

James R. Clapper, director of U.S. national intelligence, said the United States believes the primary objective of Kim's bellicose rhetoric is to "consolidate and affirm his power" and to show he is "in control of North Korea."

Clapper said he doesn't think Kim "has much of an endgame" other than to get recognition from the world as a nuclear power which "entitles him to negotiation, accommodation and, presumably, aid."

But in a statement for the record before the committee, Clapper reiterated that the nation's "nuclear weapons and missile programs pose a serious threat to the United States and to the security environment in East Asia."

Since December, North Korea has put a satellite in orbit atop a long-range rocket; conducted a nuclear bomb test, its third since 2006; and claimed to be prepared for pre-emptive nuclear attacks on the United States, though most analysts believe it does not yet have that capability.

Its most recent nuclear test, in February, resulted in tougher U.N. sanctions, which infuriated Pyongyang, prompting it to sharpen its threats.

Annual military exercises in South Korea by U.S. and South Korean troops, which often upset the North, have added to the tensions, especially when the United States drew attention to shows of strength such as a practice mission by B-2 stealth bombers.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: