End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 04:49:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Book of Enoch, Jasher, others

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Book of Enoch, Jasher, others  (Read 563 times)
Phord

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2013, 12:42:19 am »

Okay doing thhis from phone, but does anyone here support the book of Enoch or Jasher? I know they are not scripture for sure, but I know Scott uses Enoch a lot and recently used Jasher. i have read Enoch myself.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Phord

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 12:50:50 am »

I did download book of Jasher yesterday for first time to check it out, and i did read some of it when i got home, but there were some whacky things said in it. Things like "Abraham" worshipped the Sun and Moon and stars and other things before worshipping the true God. while its not scripture the word of God does mention the book of Jasher. so i am wondering all your thoughtss on forum here. I mean book of Enoch does support and talk alot abbout like the "Giants" and stuff, but here is my thought. Satan knows all that, and word of God better than any of us. so could he of inspired any of these books. at least Enoch and others that is.
Report Spam   Logged
Phord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 12:58:29 am »

The big problem i see with these books is that, while they may have some truth they also have lies mixed in with them, and never seem to point you to "Jesus Christ" and how to get saved or the Gospel. they

also can get you done the wrong path into like oher books such as the "Gospel of Thomas or Peter, etc"

I also found out that these books were supported by men like "Clement, Origin" among others of "Alexandria" egypt supported these books.

now should we be trusting anything that comes out of Alexandria egypt, honestly? lol
Report Spam   Logged
Phord

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 01:08:32 am »

I found this one site listing all these like "extra-biblical" books on it, like the lost books of Eden of Adam and Eve. yeah okay sure lol. I will need to check email to get sites correct name but its like "sacred texts.org or com or something. they havve all kinds of these books on there including like Gospel of Mary and Barnabus. The letter to laodacians among others. they also have the Koran among so many other false books, and nostradomus.....I sent site to Scott so he could explore and expose it posssibly if he chooses. But its one crazy place. they have the 151st psalm, the "odes" of solomon and all these supposed "lost" books. they also have the apocrafa. it reminds me of the Catholic Church. i am surprized they dont have these books in thier bibles lol.
Report Spam   Logged
Phord

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 01:35:14 am »

Okay found name of site and its called

www.sacred-texts.com

it should be called "one world religion textss" i just noticed on there they have like texts from "necromancy" and "occult" and "native american"
they have this one book on there called "book of shadows" oh boy! i need that book lol. they have stuff on atlantis....neo paganism, i mean EVERYTHING, its bad.

Scott should expose this hard if he has time. 
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 01:54:29 am »

The books called Enoch and Jasher, as well as several other books that are part of what is called the Apocrypha are not canon. They are Gnostic false books. They are true leaven. They are not the Word of God, so I cannot advise reading them, and in fact discourage people from reading that junk.

Very simple. Stick to the bible. Forget all those other books out there, as enticing as they may be. The only reason one would go to other sources trying to find info is lack of patience on the Holy Ghost to teach you from His Word.
Report Spam   Logged
Phord

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 03:30:35 am »

I was not implying they were scripture, and even sstick to same view as Scott Johnson that they are not canon, but use to think you could get some value out of the book of Enoch, and book of enoch only. However I dont feel that way about it or anymore, and havent for some time. infact its probablyy been 1 maybe even 2 years since I have read book. I got convicted by the Lord a long time ago to stay away from the stuff. I know Scott uses it, and while i tried to intreat him he wouldnt budge. i leave it in the Lords hands

while i did pick up book of Jasher it was only to see if verse Scott used in teaching actually said that, but after reading some of it i didnt feel too comtorable and wil delete it.

I listed site only to warn others and expose it. Like i said i dont really agree with Scott using them, and is probably one of my only major big issues that i have with him. Howeverr its in The Lords hands.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 03:40:09 am »

The book of Enoch is not in the Bible, and it uses words and phrases that existed thousands of years AFTER it would have been written. The book of Jasher, isnt in the Bible either and is clearly written after the time it is claimed to have been written.

using them as a historical text of what the people believed at the time is one thing, using them to base any canonical belief is wrong on so many levels. oh, and Jesus never once quoted the book of Enoch, the only quote that any one an claim is from Jude.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Phord

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 03:56:58 am »

I always wondered why it had like modern words or phrases in it. suppose that explains it a little better. I stick to 66 books of Gods word, but I came across book of Enoch, because the man who oringally witnessed to me who was a christian friend told me about "steve quayle" and the "giants" and than book of Enoch later.

Than when I started to listen to Scott Johnson in late 2010 i discovered he used it.

you might remove that link to that site ad reference to it so no one goes to it,  as i dont want to lead anyone astray.

the only one i put any true stock in NOT as scripture but just as extra info or history was book of Enoch.
Report Spam   Logged
Phord

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 04:05:43 am »

I know none of its Gods word, and stay away from it as much as posssible as the Catholics have their Apocphra garbage in their bible. I guess now that i think about it thats why translators removed it later out of KJV because they knew it was garbage and heresy.

One thing i have always said to myself is that all of Gods word was "penned" or wrote down by the Jews. Both Old and New Testaments.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 04:17:08 am »

Enoch and Jasher is not part of the apocrypha, they are strictly extra Biblical books. The Apocrypha are heretical books the Catholic church use to help propagate their demonic beliefs. The Translators of the AV, never intended the apocrypha to be included in the AV Bible. It was added by jesuit spies and the jesuit paid publishers. That is why it was quickly removed.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Kilika
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 04:06:12 pm »

I stand corrected. Enoch and Jasher are not Apocrypha. All those false books tend to blend together!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: