End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 05:15:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

I Accept Jesus - Now What?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Accept Jesus - Now What?  (Read 2586 times)
Kilika
« on: February 25, 2013, 04:10:48 am »

Due to recent events, I looked and noticed we didn't have a thread for new believers to get started with. One that lays out some things for new believers to get started learning in their new life. Obviously a child needs to be raised up the right way, by the Word.

Here the new babe in Christ can get an idea about where to start and how to go about it growing in faith and understanding without being misled by churchianity.

The most important thing is to spend time in fellowship with brethren, especially elders in the Word.

"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some [is]; but exhorting [one another]: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." Hebrews 10:25 (KJB) 

And simply spend time in the Word...

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15 (KJB)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 02:35:42 am by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 09:49:42 am »

Start by reading any of the 4 gospels FIRST in the New Testament, and Genesis in the Old Testament(b/c that's when God's creation starts). One chapter each of Psalms and Proverbs(2 of the big wisdom books in the entire bible).

For a new believer, I wouldn't YET start with one of the smaller epistles in particular like Peter, I/II/III John, and James, as well as one of the bigger ones like Hebrews b/c it's more on the spiritual meat side, and new believers need to be filled with spiritual milk first.

For example, take this passage in I John...

1Jn 2:15  Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
1Jn 2:16  For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Does this passage mean if, let's say, a born again believer watches football, basketball, or race car games(I'm a fan of the first 2 myself) regularly, he or she wasn't somehow saved to begin with? Of course not! Won't go into further study on this, but for anyone that READS AROUND this passage in I John 2, you will see the CONTEXT of what this passage is trying to tell you. But nonetheless a new believer may read this and automatically think something like, "Oh no! I get lustful thoughts seeing such and such movie star, or am too big of a fan of baseball, or I somehow happened to fell in love with xmas displays at Wal-Mart, that I may not be a lover of God!". See the point here?

Also, when they get to Acts, it has to be read VERY carefully b/c this leans more on the HISTORICAL side(as it's more of a transition book when the gospel is first given to the Apostles to preach in Israel) - so it may not be a bad idea for a new believer not to dive into it too soon.

But yeah...my personal tips is each day for a new believer, start with a chapter of the 1st 4 gospels, a chapter of Genesis(the book that started it all), and a chapter in Psalms and Proverbs. And maybe after a couple of weeks or so, they can go into one of the major epistles like Romans.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 10:50:16 am »

One more thing - PATIENCE. I'll admit, 4 years ago when I started getting into the KJV, I started putting too many hours in it per day(at one point I was trying to read it like I was trying to read the entire John Grisham book collection in 1 week).

While I was very excited, it came to a point a couple of months later where the breaks in my brain was just BEGGING to be put on. Ultimately, this isn't some Grisham novel, or for that matter studying for exams in college where our time becomes limited, b/c this is GOD'S BOOK we're talking about here...even a mere 1-2 chapters AT A TIME can be suffice(at the time, that is) in terms of being fed our meal from the Lord. Trying to read too much at one time is alot like trying to either eat 2-3 meals at one time or trying to eat down your meal without chewing it. For example - when I'm in church in recent times, I've done my best to tune out the pastor's sermon(b/c they've gotten pretty lukewarm over time), so I decided to read a couple of chapters to pass the time. Ultimately, these mere 2 or so chapters in the bible ends up giving me some nice meat for the remainder of the day.

This is also another big problem with Churchianity - they act like you need to do this and that 24/7, pray and read your bibles for a certain number of hours per day. Make sure you can't sin or do it at a minimum. And they'll even point to "esteemed men" as examples.

Ultimately, isn't it amazing how POLAR OPPOSITES the world's ways and Jesus's ways are? The world says, "You must WORK HARD 24/7", while Jesus says "Be patient..." and "Let your MODERATION be known under others...".

Isaiah 55:8  For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Isaiah 55:9  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:10  For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 04:35:04 pm »

Wise advice. I agree there needs to be moderation. As you mention, the carnal body can take only so much...

"Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it." Proverbs 25:16 (KJB)

12  For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which [be] the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
13  For every one that useth milk [is] unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
14  But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, [even] those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
Hebrews 5:12-14 (KJB)

So it depends on the individual as to what they are ready to receive, and the Spirit knows what we can handle, not giving us any more than we can bare.

If they don't have one, the new believer needs to arm themselves with the "sword of the spirit", obtaining a real KJB so they can "search the scriptures" daily.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 09:03:15 pm »

Another thing  - for a new believer, maybe it would be better to balance it b/w reading a chapter in the 1st 4 gospels one day, and a chapter in the epistles b/w Romans and Jude the next day. Suggesting this b/c from my own experiences when I was a new believer a few years ago, I ended up having these misperceptions that all of the healings Jesus did in Matthew - John(for the sick and demon possessed) is something that could be applied to all of the churches today...when in fact that it was a SIGN to the JEWS/Pharisees during the time of Jesus's earthly ministry. And to make matters worse, the modern-day "church" system folks just don't seem to have a full understanding of this either(ie-the stuff you hear in these buildings today are "You see what Jesus did to heal the sick and drive out people's demons? It shows God has a purpose for your life!").

But when you read the epistles b/w Romans - Jude - where in these passages do they say anything about demon possession? If you include the book of Revelation, ONLY the passages talking about the Antichrist and False Prophet in the end times. So what I'm suggesting is that especially for new believers, having a balancing act in terms of studying the scriptures is important. Not all of the epistles lean on the spiritual meat side - Colossians, in particular, is a short book that heavily talks about salvation and charity for the brethren.

And also, once Genesis is completed reading through once, the next likely book in the OT to read is Leviticus, so that the new believer can get a good understanding of the OT Levitical law/1st covenant, so that when they proceed to read other OT books, they'll have a good understanding in terms of discerning the 1st covenant and the new covenant of grace we're under.

As for Revelation - well, Churchianity says this book is for "mature Christians". So pretty much anything they say, the opposite is true. Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Act 28:25  And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,
Act 28:26  Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
Act 28:27  For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them
Act 28:28  Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 02:16:34 am »

Wise advice. I agree there needs to be moderation. As you mention, the carnal body can take only so much...

"Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it." Proverbs 25:16 (KJB)

12  For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which [be] the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
13  For every one that useth milk [is] unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
14  But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, [even] those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
Hebrews 5:12-14 (KJB)

So it depends on the individual as to what they are ready to receive, and the Spirit knows what we can handle, not giving us any more than we can bare.

If they don't have one, the new believer needs to arm themselves with the "sword of the spirit", obtaining a real KJB so they can "search the scriptures" daily.

oh yeah the real KJB is a must! i've seen too many "modern christians" go amiss. i recommend that they read as much of the KJV as they can and get answers to their questions
Report Spam   Logged
RickStudy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 06:35:38 am »

I finally got around to looking over this thread and this is a good topic that in my view should be revisited.

When I make a recomendation to a novice Bible reader I always advise them to read Romans and 1st John. These two books clearly explain what a Christian is and how to obtain Christianity. Much of what is there is both beautiful and easily understood.

I love the 4 gospels but one must master some of the knowledge in the book of Romans in order to understand the gospel. The Roman road is the Baptist way and it is the correct one.

I`m surprised it wasn`t your pick  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2015, 12:00:45 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2016, 03:29:34 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2016, 10:12:16 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 07:00:16 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2017, 08:01:11 pm »

Sorry to bump this old thread, but noticed something...

It's NOT "accept" Jesus - it's to RECEIVE him, and BELIEVE ON his name!

John 1:12  But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13  Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Yes, BIG difference! Please don't fall for the Just "accept" Jesus lie!

1 Timothy 1:16  Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2017, 08:21:30 pm »

I just did a word search for accept/acceptance/accepted in the KJB e-sword. And of the few verses in the NT with this word, this is the closest thing that I saw (in terms of salvation)...

2 Corinthians 11:4  For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

I believe the context of the word accepted is born-again believers welcoming a false gospel contrary to the scriptures.

Other than this (again, do the word search yourself) - there's NO verse in the KJB scriptures that say to "accept" Jesus Christ for salvation. NONE. If there are, please rebuke and exhort me.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2017, 11:24:18 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2017, 11:31:06 am »

Report Spam   Logged