End Times and Current Events
April 19, 2024, 08:49:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Focus on the Family President wants abortion-rights advocates to help make abort

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Focus on the Family President wants abortion-rights advocates to help make abort  (Read 260 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2013, 01:46:11 am »

Focus' Daly wants abortion-rights advocates to help make abortion less common
2/12/2011
THE DENVER POST
Focus on the Family president Jim Daly on Friday said he will bridge a great divide by asking abortion-rights advocates to work with his conservative Christian ministry to make abortion less common.

Reproductive-rights supporters say they want abortion to be legal, safe and rare, Daly said, and so his Colorado Springs-based media powerhouse will try to walk that common ground with them — lessening demand for abortion.

The “let’s talk” offer to reproductive-rights groups signals a sea change in Focus’ uncompromising approach to the abortion issue. It is bound to engender controversy about whether detente advances or hinders Daly’s ultimate goal of making abortion illegal.

However, it is in keeping with his makeover of the house that James Dobson built. Daly has said he wants the ministry, which it says reaches 220 million listeners worldwide with its daily broadcasts, to have more conversations and fewer fights.

And Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains said it is willing to listen

“As I think about this,” Daly said during his Friday broadcast, “I think about the babies that we’re losing right now because we cannot sit down and say, ‘You want to make it rare — tell us how.’ We won’t agree that (abortion) is safe. We certainly will fight for the day that we can overturn Roe vs. Wade, because we want every life to be sacred.”

In the meantime, Daly said, he wants to work with people who may disagree with Focus but with whom “we can eliminate 10,000, 20,000 or 30,000 of 1.2 million babies lost every year.”

The 1.2 million figure, reported in 2008 by the Guttmacher Institute, originally a division of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, is widely accepted by both abortion-rights advocates and abortion foes.

Guttmacher also reports that 22 percent of all pregnancies, excluding miscarriages, end in abortion.

'Welcome any opportunity'

Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains spokeswoman Monica McCafferty said the organization has been working for more than 90 years to improve women’s options.

“We certainly welcome any opportunity to work with anyone who wants to work on the root causes of unintended pregnancies,” she said. “Most of what we do is prevention.”

Planned Parenthood, McCafferty said, takes a comprehensive approach to preventing unwanted pregnancies through education and improving access to affordable birth control. But abortion, she said, must remain legal.

“We certainly never want to see the day when women can’t make this personal, private decision for themselves,” she said.

Michael Cromartie, vice president of the conservative Ethics and Public Policy Center, said Daly’s outreach is a bold move and likely to be misread by many conservatives.

“I suspect he will take a hit on this,” Cromartie said. “People on the right will say he is giving up. But I think it could be effective.”

Cromartie said Daly just might convince people there are too many abortions in the country.
“I think it’s the kind of step the movement needs to make,” he said.

Focus spokesman Gary Schneeberger said the ministry doesn’t yet have the list of abortion-rights supporters it will contact, but Focus will reach out to that movement.

It’s something (Daly) is clearly very passionate about,” Schneeberger said. “It’s a ‘Schindler’s List’ moment for us: How many lives can we save on the way to our goal of ending abortion? We don’t know how it will be received.”

Schneeberger said Focus accepts the opposition’s word that it wants to reduce the numbers of abortions.

“I suspect things will happen very quickly. Within the next month, we certainly will have some conversations,” he said. “This is a legitimate attempt to see if there isn’t some overlapping goal.”

Read more at The Denver Post.

Read more: http://www.gazette.com/articles/abortion-112763-common-daly.html#ixzz2PTSv21dz
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 02:01:07 am »

http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/onfaith/godingovernment/2009/06/by_jacqueline_l_salmon_below.html
06/22/2009
Dobson's Successor Praises Obama, Looks for Common Ground

Excerpt:

What did you think of the fatherhood presentation this afternoon?

It was outstanding. There wasn't anything lacking in the president's presentation. He reaffirmed the importance of fathering and the damage done when fathers are lacking in the home. And it's something that is core to Focus on the Family as well. Thought it was gracious for the White House to extend an invitation to Focus on the Family. We're certainly going to have enough areas to disagree on certain policies. But one of the things I want to do as president of Focus is when there is common ground that , we can pull together and say, "This is good. This is a good thing." And personally, I am 47, like the president. I also didn't have a father. So I can identify with what he describes as that hole in your heart. Anything we can do to help kids fill that void, I applaud. It's something we're trying to do every day at Focus and I think it's wonderful for the government to also lend its support in that way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uploaded on Mar 31, 2008 Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 02:03:17 am by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 05:59:27 am »

Planned Parenthood, McCafferty said, takes a comprehensive approach to preventing unwanted pregnancies through education and improving access to affordable birth control. But abortion, she said, must remain legal.

“We certainly never want to see the day when women can’t make this personal, private decision for themselves,” she said.

These demons really know no shame in promoting killing babies. Yes, it's a woman's decision about her own body, and that responsibility starts with the decision not to have sex because they don't want a baby.

Murder a defenseless baby because the woman wanted sex but not a kid? I can't even verbalize how wicked and selfish that is.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: