End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 04:54:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Police Encounters - The Mind Of Law Enforcment

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Police Encounters - The Mind Of Law Enforcment  (Read 6255 times)
Kilika
« on: April 29, 2013, 05:06:38 am »

It is pretty much guaranteed, at least once in your life in this world, you will encounter a law enforcement officer that is confronting you in some official capacity, be it a traffic stop, as a witness, etc., so it is wise that you get an idea of just what your rights are as a "Roman citizen". The Apostle Paul knew what his rights were under Caesar, and exercised it too, and because he was correct about what his rights were as a Roman citizen, they had to comply.

Well, at least Roman law said they had to, but the law hasn't ever stopped officials before. Police will for the most part go by the law, but they also tend to have a mentality of using the law against the ignorant public, and laugh about it. Check out this comment from a so-called police forum based the encounter in the video...

I've learned most people just don't know the law. like consent to search. When I ask to search their car, they usually just agree because they think I'm allowed to without consent. same with ID.

I've had also had people where they want to report something (they are the victim) and when I ask for their DL (so I can put them on the report) they don't want to give me their DL. most of the time I can pick it up from the info they give on the witness statement but...

in that case, most officers don't know it's legal to open carry while fishing. so you will get hassled about it. few (like myself) know it's legal, so I wouldn't approach him about it. I might just give him that 'wave' if he acknowledges me, or even go make a citizen contact about it. knowing he is probably trying to challenge me (and i'm aware of these challenge videos) I might talk about guns, what he's carrying, caliber and just talk guns and let him be on his way. then if I must for investigative purposes run his tag.

being in FTO though, I think my FTOs would handle it like the majority.

now what would be really funny is if he's fishing from a bridge that has a city/county ordinance that doesn't allow you to. (we have 1 bridge like this) now he is committing a crime WITH a weapon. he's going to jail, and his gun will be taken away. LOL

Last edited by 11B250; 10-06-2012 at 07:49 PM.

http://forums.officer.com/t181675/

Browsing their forums might give some insight as to the mentality of law enforcement and how they think.

Many come into the situation with an adversarial attitude that your their opponent or enemy, and take a "tactical" attitude, trying to "out flank" you with mind games and trying to catch you in your words. To some of them, it's a game, a contest that amuses them, as evidenced by the above post. He literally thinks it's funny to trap a citizen into getting arrested. That is one type out there walking around with a badge and a gun, and is the very reason Jesus tells us...

"Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison." Matthew 5:25 (KJB)

This I believe follows what He tells us even in the Old Testament...

"Pride [goeth] before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall." Proverbs 16:18 (KJB)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 05:17:55 am by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 10:43:42 am »

Very interesting...yeah, it seems like the perception among the masses is that cops are good, law-enforcing people that we should obey at all costs. But nonetheless how many times have they tried to manipulate you into letting them come into your house, look around your car, etc. It's not like the police departments can fire them, b/c if they do, it means they'll have to hire someone else and have to take their time training them to boot, and that person they hired could be pulling off the same games the previous guy did(which is why workforces generally don't fire anyone unless they do anything criminal). And then the entertainment media et al have conditioned the masses to accept these kinds of tactics as such - look at shows like "NCIS", where they constantly are invading people's property to search things without a warrant like they're given power to.

Eph 6:12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Mat 15:18  But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
Mat 15:19  For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
Mat 15:20  These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

And let's not forget about the Romans 13 passage - these cops that are playing mind games with others aren't bearing the sword against evil, not even close.

Rom 13:3  For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
Rom 13:4  For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 06:00:43 am »

Veterans arrested during evening vigil at NYC Vietnam War Memorial

NEW YORK CITY, NY — Veterans and supporters stood around the 70-foot granite wall, reading the list of names of men killed in action during the invasion of Vietnam.  As they read names from the wall, police began to arrest the attendees, many of them senior citizens, and shove them into a paddy wagon.

"This disgraceful act took place last night, October 7, on the 12th anniversary of the American war campaign against Afghanistan.  In 2001, not even a month after the three World Trade Towers fell, the United States began bombing Afghanistan and preparing for its ground invasion, despite the fact that 92% of Afghanis have never heard of the 9/11 attacks.  The attendees, some of whom wore clothing emblazoned with various war protest slogans, were calling for an end to the current interventionist wars, but were silenced because their vigil went past 10:00 p.m.  NYPD enforcers stood ready to pad their monthly quotas by making some arrests.

Names of veterans who died at war still being read as arrest happening.  People singing “which side are you on?”

The total number of arrestees has not yet been released.  Their peaceful disobedience turned out to bring more attention to their cause than ever could have been achieved by obeying the enforcers’ demands to leave a public park.

The wall was dedicated to veterans in 1985 on the tenth anniversary of the end of the Vietnam occupation.  It was put up with tax dollars and dedicated by the NYC mayor.  But nearly 30 years later, no veterans’ vigil is going to stand in the way of police racking up some arrest numbers.  The right to peaceably assemble on public property evidently does not exist after 10:00 p.m."

http://www.policestateusa.com/2013/veterans-arrested-evening-vigil-nyc-vietnam-war-memorial/

Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 12:06:27 am »

Police shot unarmed man, drove an armored truck through his door when he did not exit his property on command

SPRINGFIELD, VA — A paramilitary force was dispatched to a townhouse after a woman reported a domestic dispute between her and her boyfriend.  When her boyfriend stubbornly chose to stay inside his home, police shot him and drove an armored truck through his front door.

The situation began on August 29th around 2:40 p.m. when John Geer — a 46-year-old kitchen designer and installer — was told by his girlfriend that she had decided to leave him.  The couple had two daughters together, ages 13 and 17.  Emotionally distraught over the breakup, Geer exacerbated the situation by throwing her belongings onto the lawn of their townhouse.

This led to her calling the police.  She informed the dispatcher that he owned a firearm.  A SWAT team was sent to the quiet cul-du-sac.

Geer’s home was surrounded by armored vehicles and uniformed personnel.  A police sniper was photographed lying prone in a neighbor’s yard aiming toward Geer’s residence.  Men in helmets and military fatigues cordoned off the neighborhood.  Police began making their demands.  An armored truck a topside gun turret parked in his yard and prepared for a strike command.  As time went on, helicopters whirred overhead and K-9 units were seen by neighbors.

“We’re just here to help you — come out with your hands up,” recounted neighbor Edith Eshleman, of the police negotiations.

Fairfax County police officers spent approximately 40 to 50 minutes communicating with Geer, insisting that he either let them in his home or that he exit into their custody.  He did neither.  Geer was “a very stubborn man,” according to one of his relatives.

Geer’s girlfriend and two teenage daughters had already left when the negotiations came to an abrupt conclusion.  An officer shot Geer through a screen door as he stood facing outward at them.  Geer closed the door and retreated into his house.

Around 4:30 p.m., with Geer sill “barricaded” inside his home, police used their $250,000 armored Lenco Bearcat to drive a long battering ram through the front door.  SWAT team members made entry and ultimately found Geer deceased in his home.

Don Geer — the victim’s father — watched the scene unfold from the front lawn of the townhouse where officers positioned themselves with their guns trained on his son. He confirmed that his son’s hands remained empty and resting on top of a screen door throughout the confrontation with police. When John lowered his hands about six inches, according to Don Geer, one of the officers fired a shot and hit John, causing him to retreat.

Police did not immediately say whether John Geer was armed or why the officer decided to open fire, nor would they discuss the details of the conversation between the officers and Geer before the shooting. Geer’s father says that he was too far away to hear the conversation, but claims that a detective assigned to investigate the case told him that his son that his son was not holding a gun at the time of the shooting and that he did not have one on his person.

“It was very scary because I’ve never seen coming down the street a SWAT team — I mean, a SWAT team?!” exclaimed neighbor Valerie Findley.

Neither Geer’s father nor his good friend understand why the standoff ended in the death of a man with no prior convictions for violence. They do not believe that John was armed at the time, though both acknowledge that he owned a gun. Geer’s father said that the detective in charge of the investigation told him that a holstered handgun was found on the stairway landing a “couple of steps” from the front door where he was shot.

“If he doesn’t have a weapon in his immediate possession, the officer should not have fired,” Don Geer said. “He would have to have turned around, bent over and then picked up the gun to present a threat. It’s pretty hard to say the shooting was justifiable.”

The officer involved was placed on routine administrative leave while the investigation continues, and police are remaining tight-lipped about the details of the incident.  Fairfax County Police Chief Ed Roessler said that the shooting is still an active criminal investigation adding that he could not provide more information about what happened, or address neighborhood concerns just yet.  They have not yet revealed what justification, if any, their officer had for shooting Geer.  The police said in a written statement, “Precise movements, contents of the discussion between officer [and the] man, and all pertinent matters relating to the incident are under investigation.”

“It’s my goal when I can legally share that information with the community, I will,” Roessler told News4.  In September, investigators confirmed that Geer had been unarmed, according to WJLA.

The police response arguably escalated the situation instead of defusing it.  This is a recurring theme in a string of examples of how police suffer from a dearth of training in how to deal with unarmed, uncooperative citizens who had not been charged with committing any crime. What police lack in empathetic response, they more than compensate for with an excess of military toys and the use of force.

Their unsubstantiated concern for the safety of the public notwithstanding, the police are required to seek a warrant from an impartial magistrate before engaging in the search of private property and seizing of persons.  The allegation by an equally emotional girlfriend that John Geer was an owner of firearms does not constitute probable cause to violate his rights and ultimately end his life.  As John Geer had not yet committed any offense to warrant his arrest, and with his family already off-site, police should have defused the situation by themselves leaving the scene.

Refusing to be forced from your home or to allow agents of the state to enter without a warrant is not an offense punishable by execution. And though his mental state was, in the words of his friend Jeff Stewart, “emotionally wrecked that day,” the antagonistic response from the state cannot be touted as a positive outcome by any reasonable standard."

http://www.policestateusa.com/2013/john-geer-shot-by-police/
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 07:43:32 am »

Police Chief’s Creepy Threat to Citizen Who Complained on Department’s Facebook Page: ‘We Will Work on Finding You’

Interim Police Chief Ruben Santiago, with the Columbia Police Department in South Carolina, is under some scrutiny after making an apparent arrest threat to a Facebook user who was critical of a marijuana bust.

On Thursday, CPD first published a post about its “40K of marijuana” seized from an apartment in Columbia, prompting resident Brandon Whitmer to criticize the arrest of “a stoner that’s not bothering anyone.”

I'm gonna git ya sucka

“Maybe u should arrest the people shooting people in 5 points instead of worrying about a stoner that’s not bothering anyone,” he wrote. “It’ll be legal here one day anyway.”

It certainly was a critical and snarky comment by Whitmer, but was it enough “reasonable suspicion” for police to believe he “might be a criminal?” That’s what Santiago claimed in a reply:

“@Brandon whitmer, we have arrested all of the violent offenders in Five Points. Thank you for sharing your views and giving us reasonable suspicion to believe you might be a criminal, we will work on finding you.”

The post was quickly deleted, but followed up by a clarifying post:

The website PopeHat.com reportedly received the following statement from CPD on Friday:

Chief Santiago did write those two posts. I believe the original comment was misconstrued. I appreciate you reaching out to CPD.

Chief was trying to say that he puts would-be-criminals on notice — if you commit a crime or plan to commit one, CPD will work hard to investigate and press charges according to the law.

It’s easy for social media posts to be misunderstood. The man who was so-called threatened openly admitted that he was not offended and appreciated the work of CPD.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11/01/police-chiefs-creepy-comment-to-citizen-who-complained-on-departments-facebook-page-we-will-work-on-finding-you/

Bet he goes in all guns blazing!! Shoot first never so you never have to answer questions kind of guy, bet he kicks puppies too, because he would probably just shoot a grown dog
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 11:17:20 am »

7 Cops Watch Man Die Then In Frenzied Craze Beat Dead Body (Graphic Video)

While there are hardworking, brave police around the US, there are also the examples shown below of cops completely out of control, beating handcuffed suspects with billy clubs and fists, kicking suspects while they are down and in one case, 7 cops watching a man die then in a “frenzied craze’ beat the dead body.
We, as a country, criticize other countries brutality against their citizens but in the video compilation below we see that we definitely shouldn’t be throwing stones while we live in our little glass houses.

Via the YouTube details from David Vose:
Anglo American governments created police force in 1829. Rome did not have any police. No past empire ever policed humans and imprisoned people for being angry or for being on drugs or mentally ill. Russia and China do not imprison people for social behavior or being poor. The American police state is almost perfected. The only thing left is the mark on your forehead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWej7sRVmOs&feature=player_embedded
Report Spam   Logged

Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 03:38:24 am »

US Police Have Killed Over 5,000 Civilians Since 9/11

Statistically speaking, Americans should be more fearful of the local cops than “terrorists.”

"Though Americans commonly believe law enforcement’s role in society is to protect them and ensure peace and stability within the community, the sad reality is that police departments are often more focused on enforcing laws, making arrests and issuing citations. As a result of this as well as an increase in militarized policing techniques, Americans are eight times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist, estimates a Washington’s Blog report based on official statistical data.

Though the U.S. government does not have a database collecting information about the total number of police involved shootings each year, it’s estimated that between 500 and 1,000 Americans are killed by police officers each year. Since 9/11, about 5,000 Americans have been killed by U.S. police officers, which is almost equivalent to the number of U.S. soldiers who have been killed in the line of duty in Iraq.

Because individual police departments are not required to submit information regarding the use of deadly force by its officers, some bloggers have taken it upon themselves to aggregate that data. Wikipedia also has a list of “justifiable homicides” in the U.S., which was created by documenting publicized deaths.

Mike Prysner, one of the local directors of the Los Angeles chapter for ANSWER — an advocacy group that asks the public to Act Now to Stop War and End Racism — told Mint Press News earlier this year that the “epidemic” of police harassment and violence is a nationwide issue.

He said groups like ANSWER are trying to hold officers accountable for abuse of power. “[Police brutality] has been an issue for a very long time,” Prysner said, explaining that in May, 13 people were killed in Southern California by police.

As Mint Press News previously reported, each year there are thousands of claims of police misconduct. According to the CATO Institute’s National Police Misconduct Reporting Project, in 2010 there were 4,861 unique reports of police misconduct involving 6,613 sworn officers and 6,826 alleged victims.

Most of those allegations of police brutality involved officers who punched or hit victims with batons, but about one-quarter of the reported cases involved firearms or stun guns.

Racist policing

A big element in the police killings, Prysner says, is racism. “A big majority of those killed are Latinos and Black people,” while the police officers are mostly White, he said. “It’s a badge of honor to shoot gang members so [the police] go out and shoot people who look like gang members,” Prysner argued, giving the example of 34-year-old Rigoberto Arceo, who was killed by police on May 11.

According to a report from the Los Angeles Times, Arceo, who was a biomedical technician at St. Francis Medical Center, was shot and killed after getting out of his sister’s van. The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department says Arceo “advanced on the deputy and attempted to take the deputy’s gun.” However, Arceo’s sister and 53-year-old Armando Garcia — who was barbecuing in his yard when the incident happened — say that Arceo had his hands above his head the entire time.

Prysner is not alone in his assertion that race is a major factor in officer-related violence. This past May, a study from the the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement, an anti-racist activist organization, found that police officers, security guards or self-appointed vigilantes killed at least 313 Black people in 2012 — meaning one Black person was killed in the U.S. by law enforcement roughly every 28 hours.

Prysner said the relationship between police departments and community members needs to change and that when police shoot an unarmed person with their arms in the air over their head, the officer should be punished.

Culture of misconduct

“You cannot have a police force that is investigating and punishing itself,” Prysner said, adding that taxpayer money should be invested into the community instead of given to police to buy more guns, assault rifles and body armor.

Dissatisfied with police departments’ internal review policies, some citizens have formed volunteer police watch groups to prevent the so-called “Blue Code of Silence” effect and encourage police officers to speak out against misconduct occurring within their department.

As Mint Press News previously reported, a report released earlier this year found that of the 439 cases of police misconduct that then had been brought before the Minneapolis’s year-old misconduct review board, not one of the police officers involved has been disciplined.

Although the city of Minneapolis spent $14 million in payouts for alleged police misconduct between 2006 and 2012, despite the fact that the Minneapolis Police Department often concluded that the officers involved in those cases did nothing wrong.

Other departments have begun banning equipment such as Tasers, but those decisions were likely more about protecting the individual departments from lawsuits than ensuring that officers are not equipped with weapons that cause serious and sometimes fatal injuries when used.

To ensure officers are properly educated on how to use their weapons and are aware of police ethics, conflict resolution and varying cultures within a community, police departments have historically held training programs for all officers. But due to tighter budgets and a shift in priorities, many departments have not provided the proper continuing education training programs for their officers.

Charles Ramsey, president of both the Major Cities Chiefs Association and the Police Executive Research Forum, called that a big mistake, explaining that it is essential officers are trained and prepared for high-stress situations:

“Not everybody is going to be able to make those kinds of good decisions under pressure, but I do think that the more reality-based training that we provide, the more we put people in stressful situations to make them respond and make them react.”

GI Joe replaces Carl Winslow

In order to help local police officers protect themselves while fighting the largely unsuccessful War on Drugs, the federal government passed legislation in 1994 allowing the Pentagon to donate surplus military equipment from the Cold War to local police departments. Meaning that “weaponry designed for use on a foreign battlefield has been handed over for use on American streets … against American citizens.”

So while the U.S. military fights the War on Terror abroad, local police departments are fighting another war at home with some of the same equipment as U.S. troops, and protocol that largely favors officers in such tactics as no-knock raids.

Radley Balko, author of “Rise of the Warrior Cop,” wrote in the Wall Street Journal in August:

“Since the 1960s, in response to a range of perceived threats, law-enforcement agencies across the U.S., at every level of government, have been blurring the line between police officer and soldier.

“Driven by martial rhetoric and the availability of military-style equipment—from bayonets and M-16 rifles to armored personnel carriers—American police forces have often adopted a mind-set previously reserved for the battlefield. The war on drugs and, more recently, post-9/11 antiterrorism efforts have created a new figure on the U.S. scene: the warrior cop—armed to the teeth, ready to deal harshly with targeted wrongdoers, and a growing threat to familiar American liberties.”

As Mint Press News previously reported, statistics from an FBI report released in September reveal that a person is arrested on marijuana-related charges in the U.S. every 48 seconds, on average — most were for simple possession charges.

According to the FBI’s report, there were more arrests for marijuana possession than for the violent crimes of murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible ****, robbery and aggravated assault — 658,231 compared with 521,196 arrests.

While groups that advocate against police brutality recognize and believe that law enforcement officials should be protected while on duty, many say that local police officers do not need to wear body armor, Kevlar helmets and tactical equipment vests — all while carrying assault weapons.

“We want the police to keep up with the latest technology. That’s critical,” American Civil Liberties Union senior counsel Kara Dansky said. “But policing should be about protection, not combat.”

According to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, there are more than 900,000 sworn law enforcement officers in the United States. In 2012, 120 officers were killed in the line of duty. The deadliest day in law enforcement history was reportedly Sept. 11, 2001, when 72 officers were killed.

Despite far fewer officers dying in the line of duty compared with American citizens, police departments are not only increasing their use of protective and highly volatile gear, but are increasingly setting aside a portion of their budget to invest in new technology such as drones, night vision goggles, remote robots, surveillance cameras, license plate readers and armored vehicles that amount to unarmed tanks.

Though some officers are on board with the increased militarization and attend conferences such as the annual Urban Shield event, others have expressed concern with the direction the profession is heading.

For example, former Arizona police officer Jon W. McBride said police concerns about being “outgunned” were likely a “self-fulfilling prophecy.” He added that “if not expressly prohibited, police managers will continually push the arms race,” because “their professional literature is predominately [sic] based on the acquiring and use of newer weapons and more aggressive techniques to physically overwhelm the public. In many cases, however, this is the opposite of smart policing.”

“Coupled with the paramilitary design of the police bureaucracy itself, the police give in to what is already a serious problem in the ranks: the belief that the increasing use of power against a citizen is always justified no matter the violation. The police don’t understand that in many instances they are the cause of the escalation and bear more responsibility during an adverse outcome.

“The suspects I encountered as a former police officer and federal agent in nearly all cases granted permission for me to search their property when asked, often despite unconcealed contraband. Now, instead of making a simple request of a violator, many in law enforcement seem to take a more difficult and confrontational path, fearing personal risk. In many circumstances they inflame the citizens they are engaging, thereby needlessly putting themselves in real and increased jeopardy.”

Another former police officer who wished to remain anonymous agreed with McBride and told Balko,

“American policing really needs to return to a more traditional role of cops keeping the peace; getting out of police cars, talking to people, and not being prone to overreaction with the use of firearms, tasers, or pepper spray. … Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been in more than my share tussles and certainly appreciate the dangers of police work, but as Joseph Wambaugh famously said, the real danger is psychological, not physical.”

http://www.mintpressnews.com/us-police-murdered-5000-innocent-civilians-since-911/172029/
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 12:58:01 am »

What's new in San Diego County

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 11:56:23 am »

‘Are You Aware Your Daughter Is With Two Black Men?’ Police Accused of Racial Profiling After Taking White Teen From Black Legal Guardian

An Oklahoma teen’s parents are accusing police in Houston of racial profiling after the girl and her companions for a dance event were stopped by authorities and she was taken to child protective services.

According to KHOU-TV, the incident happened Sunday when 13-year-old Landry Thompson from Tulsa, Okla., was in Houston to film a hip-hop dance video. Thomson was accompanied by her dance instructor, 29-year-old Emmanuel Hurd, and her dance partner, 22-year-old Josiah Kelly. Thompson is white and the two men are black.

The trio was stopped around 3 a.m. at a gas station in Texas while they were using GPS to locate a nearby hotel.

“They were convinced I was a runaway,” Thompson told KHOU.

Destiny Thompson, Landry’s mother, received a call from authorities.

“’Are you aware your daughter is with two black men?’ When I said ‘Yes, I’m aware of that,’ he called into questioning our parenting,” the mother told the news station.

All three of the dancers were handcuffed and Landry Thompson eventually was taken to child protective services.

“[The officer] puts the handcuffs on very, very tight [and] throws me in the back and does the same to Josiah,” Hurd told ABC News. “All the while I’m looking at Landry. She’s terrified.”

The two men were released and then waited for the teenager — outside CPS because they had been asked to leave the lobby — until she was released six hours later.

Destiny Thompson said she sent her daughter to Texas for the shoot with all the documents she thought she might need.

“Emmanuel had a letter signed by us, had every contact number they could’ve possibly needed, he had her insurance card, he had her original birth certificate, not a copy,” Destiny Thompson told KHOU.

In a separate report from KHOU, Hurd said he told officers he had “a notarized letter from her parents stating that we have full guardianship over her while we’re here.”

Mon Dec 02 20:51:41 PST 2013

HPD responds to accusations of racial profiling with Oklahoma teen, dancers

The Houston Police Department is responding to charges of racial profiling after handcuffing a teenage white girl and removing her from the care of two black men. view full article
Houston police said in a statement that “given the age discrepancies … and the child had no relatives in the area, officers in an abundance of caution, did their utmost to ensure her safety.”

Destiny Thompson, Hurd and Kelly don’t fault the officers for initially asking questions about the situation, but consider it racial profiling that the teenager was not released when the appropriate documents were produced and confirmation was given by her mother.

Destiny Thompson told ABC the men are “close family friends that we trust explicitly with our children.”

“They just happen to be black,” she continued.

The teen’s mother and Hurd are considering taking legal action for the incident.

KHOU also reported that Destiny said she would still “love an apology” from authorities.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/04/are-you-aware-your-daughter-is-with-two-black-men-police-accused-of-racial-profiling-after-taking-white-teen-from-black-legal-guardian/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 05:36:11 am »

Texas cops handcuff man after he gave change to homeless person

You may want to think twice next time you consider giving a homeless person some change, if one Texas man’s experience is any indication.

Houston resident Greg Snider claims he was arrested and held for more than an hour after local police mistakenly targeted him as a criminal, all for giving a homeless man a few quarters.

Snider said he had pulled into a local parking lot in order to make a phone call when a homeless man came up to him and asked for some spare cash. Snider claims he gave the man 75 cents and left to continue on his way.

"I had no idea at all what was about to happen," he told KPRC Local 2 News.

As soon as Snider merged onto a local freeway, however, police followed him with flashing lights and sirens, ordering him to pull over.

“He's screaming. He's yelling. He's telling me to get out of the car. He's telling me to put my hands on the hood,”Snider said to KPRC. “They're like, 'We saw you downtown. We saw what you did.’ And I was like, 'Are you kidding me? I gave a homeless man 75 cents.'"

Police reportedly said they saw Snider give the homeless man drugs and asked to search his car. Snider was placed in handcuffs and held in the back of a police car for an hour or so while ten other police vehicles arrived at the scene and used dogs to search his car.

Once the search failed to uncover any illegal substances, Snider was freed and told the situation was a misunderstanding.

Houston police have declined to comment on the incident, though they did confirm that Snider has filed a complaint.

Prosecution of the drug war has come under scrutiny lately as more Americans question the overall effects of police behavior. In two particularly disturbing cases, New Mexico men were pulled over and suspected of carrying drugs in their anal cavities. The men were then taken to hospitals outside of police jurisdiction where doctors performed invasive medical procedures that failed to turn up any drugs.

One man, David Eckert, was subjected to multiple enemas and rectal finger examinations. This week, he was awarded $1.6 million as the city and county involved settled their portions of the lawsuit.

http://rt.com/usa/texas-police-handcuff-change-homeless-795/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 06:25:08 am »

Jackson: Gun owner unarmed, unwelcome in Maryland

John Filippidis, silver-haired family man, business owner, employer and taxpayer, is also licensed to carry a concealed firearm.

He'd rather he didn't feel the need, “but things aren't like they used to be. The break-ins, the burglaries, all the crime. And I carry cash a lot of the time. I'm constantly going to the bank.

“I wanted to be able to defend my family, my household and the ground I'm standing on. But I'm not looking for any trouble.”

Filippidis keeps his gun — a palm-sized Kel-Tec .380 semiautomatic, barely larger than a smartphone in a protective case — in one of two places, always: in the right-hand pocket of his jeans, or in the safe at home.

“There are kids in the house,” Filippidis says, “and I don't think they'd ever bother with it, but I don't want to take any chances.”

He's not looking for any trouble, after all.

Trouble, in fact, was the last thing on his mind a few weeks back as the Filippidises packed for Christmas and a family wedding in Woodridge, N.J., so he left the pistol locked in the safe. The state of Florida might have codified his Second Amendment rights, but he knew he'd be passing through states where recent U.S. Supreme Court decisions affirming the rights of individuals to keep and bear arms have been met by hostile legislatures and local officials.

“I know the laws and I know the rules,” Filippidis says. There are, after all, ways gun owners can travel legally with firearms through hostile states. “But I just think it's a better idea to leave it home.”

So there the Filippidises were on New Year's Eve eve, southbound on Interstate 95 — John; wife Kally (his Gulf High sweetheart); the 17-year-old twins Nasia and Yianni; and 13-year-old Gina in their 2012 Ford Expedition — just barely out of the Fort McHenry Tunnel into Maryland, blissfully unarmed and minding their own business when they noticed they were being bird-dogged by an unmarked patrol car. It flanked them a while, then pulled ahead of them, then fell in behind them.

“Ten minutes he's behind us,” John says. “We weren't speeding. In fact, lots of other cars were whizzing past.”

“You know you have a police car behind you, you don't speed, right?” Kally adds.

Says John, “We keep wondering, is he going to do something?”

Finally the patrol car's emergency lights come on, and it's almost a relief. Whatever was going on, they'd be able to get it over with now. The officer — from the Transportation Authority Police, as it turns out, Maryland's version of the New York-New Jersey Port Authority — strolls up, does the license and registration bit, and returns to his car.

According to Kally and John (but not MTAP, which, pending investigation, could not comment), what happened next went like this:

Ten minutes later he's back, and he wants John out of the Expedition. Retreating to the space between the SUV and the unmarked car, the officer orders John to hook his thumbs behind his back and spread his feet. “You own a gun,” the officer says. “Where is it?”

“At home in my safe,” John answers.

“Don't move,” says the officer.

Now he's at the passenger's window. “Your husband owns a gun,” he says. “Where is it?”

First Kally says, “I don't know.” Retelling it later she says, “And that's all I should have said.” Instead, attempting to be helpful, she added, “Maybe in the glove [box]. Maybe in the console. I'm scared of it. I don't want to have anything to do with it. I might shoot right through my foot.”

The officer came back to John. “You're a liar. You're lying to me. Your family says you have it. Where is the gun? Tell me where it is and we can resolve this right now.”

Of course, John couldn't show him what didn't exist, but Kally's failure to corroborate John's account, the officer would tell them later, was the probable cause that allowed him to summon backup — three marked cars joined the lineup along the I-95 shoulder — and empty the Expedition of riders, luggage, Christmas gifts, laundry bags; to pat down Kally and Yianni; to explore the engine compartment and probe inside door panels; and to separate and isolate the Filippidises in the back seats of the patrol cars.

Ninety minutes later, or maybe it was two hours — “It felt like forever,” Kally says — no weapon found and their possessions repacked, the episode ended ... with the officer writing out a warning for speeding 71 mph in a 55 mph zone.

“All that time, he's humiliating me in front of my family, making me feel like a criminal,” John says. “I've never been to prison, never declared bankruptcy, I pay my taxes, support my 20 employees' families; I've never been in any kind of trouble.”

Face red, eyes shining, John pounds his knees. “And he wants to put me in jail. He wants to put me in jail. For no reason. He wants to take my wife and children away and put me in jail. In America, how does such a thing happen? ... And after all that, he didn't even write me a ticket.”

Even now, John Filippidis has no idea how the officer learned about his concealed-carry permit, and the MTAP isn’t saying.

Now, despite having fielded apologies from the officer's captain as well as from a Maryland Transportation Authority Police internal affairs captain, John is wondering if he shouldn't just cancel his CCW license.

For a guy who's not looking for trouble, that's not an unreasonable conclusion. And it would please fans of gun control by any means. But let's hope John Filippidis, American family man, taxpayer and good guy, doesn't cave, because it would be a sad statement about the brittleness of our guarantees — some would call them sacred — under the Constitution.

http://tbo.com/list/columns-tjackson/jackson-gun-owner-unarmed-unwelcome-in-maryland-20140112/
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 03:24:32 pm »

Even now, John Filippidis has no idea how the officer learned about his concealed-carry permit, and the MTAP isn’t saying.

It's done all the time by law enforcement agencies. It's why they want gun registrations, so they theoretically know who is armed and a "potential" risk.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 06:28:38 am »

Bystanders Rescue Dog Stranded on Ice Covered River After Authorities Arrive at Scene and Decide to Do Nothing

Two good samaritans sprung into action and rescued a dog stranded in the middle of an icy Delaware River Sunday after authorities arrived at the scene and opted not to do anything.

According to WPVI-TV, Trenton fire and police were called to the scene after concerned individuals notified them that a dog was stuck on the ice-covered river, but ultimately decided to do nothing, fearing for their own personal safety.

However, Russ Miller and Ciro Silvestri couldn’t stand by and watch the dog suffer in the freezing conditions.

“I didn’t think. I just went out there and got him. We had the canoe in case anything happens,” Miller said.

Miller was called in by animal control and Silvestri rushed to the scene after being notified of the situation by a relative.

“She said that fire department isn’t really wanting to do anything about it, they don’t want to endanger themselves. If they are not going to do something, I will,” Silvestri told WPVI-TV, who added, “I love animals, that’s it.”

Employing a kayak and moving slowly on the icy river, the two eventually made their way to “Duke.”

“He was scared, he was sitting still. He wasn’t moving for us so we had to just pick him up and put him on the canoe and go,” Silvestri said.

Shortly after the incident, the dog’s owner arrived at the scene in tears, saying “Duke” had escaped her backyard. Her relative saw the dramatic rescue unfold on local television.

“We had been missing our dog for the last three days. I went to every animal shelter and everything looking for him. I was just about to put out flyers and then I got the call,” Keonna Wilson told WPVI-TV.

“I just want to thank whoever did it. I thank you so much for risking your life for the safety of my dog and that he is okay and that the men are OK,” she added.

“Duke” appears to be fine and not harmed by the incident, according to Ewing Animal Shelter officials.

Officials had reportedly told bystanders not to take action, as they could put themselves and others at risk.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/01/27/bystanders-rescue-dog-stranded-on-ice-covered-river-after-authorities-arrive-at-scene-and-decide-to-do-nothing/

Typical of the police, but i dont think this story is over yet, as the Police had their PRIDE bruised by this story. I bet they charge the people that saved the dog.

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2014, 03:06:36 pm »

Not really the POLICE, but its still up there right along with them...

Infuriating Accusation: D.C. Man Dies After Collapsing Across the Street From Fire Station…and Firefighters Refused to Help

Being across the street from emergency responders didn’t mean help was nearby for a 77-year-old Washington, D.C. man who died over the weekend after first responders at one of the capital city’s Fire/EMS stations allegedly refused to help him.

Medrick “Cecil” Mills was running errands with his family when he suffered a massive heart attack and collapsed. Because this happened across the street from a D.C. fire station, several people ran across the street believing help was nearby, WTTG-TV reported Monday.

“When it’s a cardiac case, seconds matter and they didn’t help my dad,” said Marie Mills, the man’s daughter, in an interview on the Fox affiliate.

“He said something about his lieutenant and some type of authorization, and that he could not come and to recall dispatch and advise them that they needed to send somebody, and that the condition of the patient could be getting worse,” the daughter explained regarding the response Good Samaritans received.

“When I saw my dad was having shallow breaths, I ran to the curb and started screaming for him to come and help my father,” she added.”

Medrick collapsed in Northeast D.C. But when an ambulance and engine were actually dispatched from another location, sources told WTTG, they went to the wrong address on the other side of the city.

D.C. Fire Department spokesman Tim Wilson told TheBlaze the department is conducting a full investigation of the matter, which happened outside Engine 26.

“Our duty is to respond to all requests for emergency assistance,” Wilson said. “If it is determined that proper protocols were not followed at the conclusion of our investigation, then appropriate action will be taken. No further comment will be provided by the department.”

WTTG says that Mills talked to D.C. Fire Chief Kenneth Ellerbe on the phone. The chief promised her an internal investigation.

“I mean everybody was screaming and hollering at him across the street,” Marie Mills said. “Why [couldn’t] he come? It’s not making sense and I think it was three separate people who went across to the fire station.”

Watch Marie’s emotional interview: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/01/28/infuriating-accusation-d-c-man-dies-after-collapsing-across-the-street-from-fire-station-and-firefighters-refused-to-help/

edrick was himself an employee of the District of Columbia. Even at age 77, he continued working for the city’s Parks and Recreation Department.

“That’s how much he loved Department of Parks and Recreation and his city,” Marie Mills said, “And he died in the city that didn’t do anything to help him.”

Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2014, 01:33:44 am »

Not surprising at all. EMS services are usually private companies with contracts and corporate rules and policies. They have a weird way of responding. If you were to collapse in the parking lot of a hospital, the hospital still calls EMS to pick you up. They WON"T role you into the hospital ER. They WILL require you to take an ambulance first. Basically, it's lawyers that have got things this way, because they don't want the liability.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2014, 07:27:41 am »

Scenes from a militarized America: Iowa family 'terrorized'...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/opinions/wp/2014/02/04/scenes-from-a-militarized-america-iowa-family-terrorized//?print=1

Authorities destroy cameras to prevent account of raid...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/opinions/wp/2014/02/04/scenes-from-a-militarized-america-iowa-family-terrorized//?print=1
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2014, 07:40:51 am »

Stop Resisting Execution: Cold-Blooded Arizona Cops Assassinate Suspect with His Hands in the Air

For absolutely no reason other than “because they could”, cops in Pinal County, Arizona executed a suspect who was standing there, not near any of the officers, with his hands in the air, offering no threat whatsoever. Without trial, judge, or jury, they simply assassinated the man, as his family looked on in horror. Warning: There is some graphic violence in the video below.

This is your police force, America. Protecting and Serving you to death.

- See more at: http://www.thedailysheeple.com/stop-resisting-execution-cold-blooded-arizona-cops-assassinate-suspect-with-his-hands-in-the-air_022014#sthash.X2nydgnz.dpuf
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2014, 09:58:52 am »

Pinal County, Arizona

Yep, the sheriff there is gay, Paul Babeu, who came out last year, announcing he was dating an illegal from Mexico! No, that is not a joke and is confirmed by news interviews of him saying it.

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2014, 06:18:26 am »

Cop Handcuffs Firefighter For Trying to Protect Crash Victims

“To detain one of our firefighters in the middle of an incident is ridiculous”

Stunning video shows a California Highway Patrol officer handcuffing a firefighter who was trying to help victims of a serious car crash in Chula Vista.

videos: http://www.infowars.com/cop-handcuffs-firefighter-for-trying-to-protect-crash-victims/

The incident occurred on Tuesday night after a car overturned and another fell down an embankment on the 805 Freeway.

Chula Vista Firefighter Jacob Gregoire responded to the accident by following standard protocol of parking his fire truck in front of the crash scene to protect the victims as they were being treated and loaded into an ambulance.

However, when a CHP officer asked Gregoire to move the truck he refused and returned to helping the crash victims, prompting the officer to handcuff Gregoire and temporarily place him under arrest in front of a TV news camera.

“This is ridiculous. CHP is arresting engineer for where he spotted the fire engine,” states a voice on the Fire Department radio frequency. “We’re in the middle of patient care with patients on the freeway and we’re trying to protect our scene and they’re putting him in handcuffs at this time and walking him away.”

Gregoire was detained in a CHP squad car for half an hour before supervisors from both agencies arrived.

“It’s unbelievable that you guys have to treat us like this. We are on the road trying to help people,” states Gregoire as he is being handcuffed.

The CHP say they are investigating the incident but have refused to name the officer involved or say if he has been reprimanded.

“To detain one of our firefighters in the middle of an incident is ridiculous, and it doesn’t provide the good customer service, the good public service that both of our agencies were there to do,” said Chula Vista Fire Chief Dave Hanneman, adding, “He protected the scene, in this case protected the back of the ambulance where the patients had to go into.”

Representatives from the CHP and Chula Vista Fire Department met yesterday to discuss the incident and released a joint statement saying it would be “a topic of future joint training sessions, in an ongoing effort to work more efficiently together.”

President for Local IAFF 2180 John Hess told CBS 8, “I’m very proud of Jacob. He did a good job. He made all firefighters look good. He was there to protect the citizens and he was willing to take a stand to do that.”

“We are stunned,” said Fire Engineer John Hess, President of the Chula Vista Firefighters Union. “Our Engineer parked his vehicle consistent with our standards and training. We cannot imagine what possible explanation could be given to justify this conduct by the CHP officer. This removed a valuable fire apparatus and crew out of service for approximately one hour. This occurred at the same time another Fire Engine was moved to San Diego to support their fatality structure Fire. We had two districts without service for over an hour.”

This incident again highlights how some police officers think that their duty is not to protect and serve, but to ensure that all their orders, no matter how dangerous, illogical, or inane, are obeyed without question.

Recall the June 2009 incident when an Oklahoma police officer pulled over and assaulted an ambulance driver, despite the driver making it clear that he had a sick patient who needed to get to hospital.

We recently covered an even more harrowing story centered around a Missouri father who attempted to save his dying son from a burning house.

When the father refused to follow police orders not to enter the house in a vain attempt to rescue his son, a city police officer tased Ryan Miller three times. 3-year-old Riley Miller was later found dead near the doorway to his bedroom and the house was completely destroyed.

http://www.infowars.com/cop-handcuffs-firefighter-for-trying-to-protect-crash-victims/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2014, 03:29:18 pm »

Video Surfaces Of BART Officer Repeatedly Using Stun Gun On Passenger

Video has been obtained by KPIX 5 showing a BART police officer who repeatedly used a stun gun to subdue a passenger in front of other riders.

A woman who witnessed the incident, who did not want to go on camera, told KPIX 5 the man was harmless and that the officer used the stun gun for no reason.

The video, which was taken on the evening of January 29th, begins with the BART officer giving the man a stern warning on a train at the San Bruno station.

“Sir, get off the train. Get off the train, Sir!” the officer said.

KPIX 5 has learned that someone on the train called BART Police to say the man was harassing riders. An officer arrived and tried to convince the man to come talk to him on the platform. He did not comply.

While witnesses were heard on the video saying the man had done nothing wrong and not bothering anyone, the officer used the stun gun on the passenger.

As riders look on, the video shows the man being dragged to the aisle. “Don’t move or I’ll tase you again,” the officer was heard saying.

But that was not the end. Moments later, the officer said to the man, “Get on your stomach or I’ll tase you again.”

Minutes pass and more officers arrive. As the man was being held down and handcuffed, the video shows the same officer using the stun gun on the passenger for five seconds.

One witness was so horrified that she wrote a blog post about the incident and later reported it to BART Police.

In a statement to KPIX 5, BART said, “As per policy and protocol, BART Police has initiated the proper investigation into the incident.”

The video has been forwarded to the independent auditor for BART Police.

The man was booked for resisting arrest and public intoxication that night. Officials said he also had a warrant for a parole violation.

BART policy states that a stun gun can only be used if the suspect poses an immediate threat of bodily harm to the officer or another person.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/02/13/video-surfaces-of-bart-officer-repeatedly-using-stun-gun-on-passenger/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2014, 08:17:35 am »

Single Mom Spends Night in Jail After Cop Accuses Her of Committing a ‘Felony’ During Simple Traffic Stop… Except She Didn’t

A Florida woman spent the night in jail after a Broward County sheriff’s deputy accused her of committing a “felony” by audio recording their conversation during a simple traffic stop. Upon review, all charges against her were dropped — but now the Broward Sheriff’s Office (BSO) is facing a lawsuit.

Brandy Burning, a single mom, was pulled over by BSO Lt. William O’Brien for driving in an HOV lane. After some back-and-forth about her traffic violation, Burning informed the officer that she was recording their conversation.

“Oh, I forgot to tell you I was recording our conversation,” Burning is heard saying in the audio.

“I’m sorry?” O’Brien responds.

“I have to tell you, I forgot to tell you I was recording,” she repeats.

It was at this point that O’Brien accused her of committing a “felony” and demanded the cellphone. He also told her he knows the law better than she does.

“You are committing a felony. Hand me the phone,” O’Brien orders.

“No, I am not,” the defiant woman says in the audio. “I am not giving up my phone.”

As Washington Post opinion blogger Radley Balko correctly notes, “[In] every state in America, you are well within your rights to record an on-duty police officer.”

“There are a few limited exceptions, such as if while recording you physically interfere with an officer trying to perform his duties. But as long as you aren’t in the way, you’re protected by the First Amendment,” he writes.

After allegedly climbing into the car and attempting to take the phone forcefully, O’Brien removed Burning and arrested her. The mom can be heard screaming on the tape, demanding the officer take his hands off of her.

“Get off of me! You are breaking the law!” she yelled. “I am not getting out of my car. Get off of me!”

Burning was eventually charged with traffic violations and resisting arrest — but no crimes related to the recording. All charges were eventually dropped.

The single mom still spent a night in jail and claims she suffered several bruises and scrapes during the traumatic experience.

“Touching me, trying to take my personal belongings from me, trying to put me in jail for something so small,” she recalled in an interview with WPLG-TV.

Burning’s attorneys have already notified the Broward Sheriff’s Office that they are planning to file a lawsuit on grounds of battery, false arrest and false imprisonment.

It also came to light that a former deputy with the Broward Sheriff’s Office is facing criminal charges after allegedly smashing a woman’s phone for videotaping him.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/02/18/single-mom-spends-night-in-jail-after-cop-accuses-her-of-committing-a-felony-during-simple-traffic-stop-except-she-didnt/
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2014, 01:44:41 am »

s Washington Post opinion blogger Radley Balko correctly notes, “[In] every state in America, you are well within your rights to record an on-duty police officer.”

“There are a few limited exceptions, such as if while recording you physically interfere with an officer trying to perform his duties. But as long as you aren’t in the way, you’re protected by the First Amendment,” he writes.

That is unfortunately not true. There are plenty of videos of cops arresting people for taking photos and videos. Some have been challenged in court, or charges are dropped like this case, but police departments across the country are arresting people for taking images of cops "on the job".

As far as protected by the 1st Amendment, not so fast. The key is just where was the filming done from and when, etc. It's not cut and dry as this person says. It should be, but it isn't.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2014, 04:54:01 pm »

Woman Claims Police Forced Her To Poop In Yard

A Florida woman claims in a lawsuit that police officers forced her to poop in her yard while they were searching her home for meth.

In a lawsuit that a federal judge said must be amended, Dawn Brooks is suing Volusia County and New Smyrna Beach for the alleged incident, according to Courthouse News Service.

In the lawsuit, Brooks claims that officers refused to let her use the bathroom inside her home or in the officers’ truck after she was led out in handcuffs.

The officers reportedly “told her to ‘just use the restroom right there’ in the front yard,” U.S. District Judge Roy Dalton Jr. wrote, Courthouse News Service reports.

The lawsuit states that the officers laughed at her while she was changing into a plastic jumpsuit after going to the bathroom in her yard.

Brooks claims in the complaint she was caused mental anguish and humiliation and the officers conducting the search were not trained properly by the city.

Judge Dalton dismissed the claims last week and Brooks can amend her civil rights complaint until April 4.

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2014/03/25/woman-claims-police-forced-her-to-poop-in-yard/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2014, 08:04:03 pm »

This is just unacceptable, why aren't we revolting enough to change our governments? 

EXCLUSIVE: Shocking moment a Tennessee police officer choked an unresisting college student until he fell UNCONSCIOUS

Deputies were called to a University of Tennessee student party that spilled out onto a residential street
    Students threw beer bottles at officers and several people were arrested
    A photographer on the scene took a series of photos of a deputy choking 22-year-old Jarod Dotson into unconsciousness
    The young man did not resist arrest, says the photographer
    He was complying with officers when the officer began to choke him
    Two other officers were behind Dotson, handcuffing him
    Knox County Sheriff's Department has not issued a statement on the incident
\

IE: fat doughnut cop, why cant we find FAT DOUGHNUT cop?

A Tennessee photographer has captured the frightening moment a police officer used what looks like excessive and unnecessary force on a college student.

The sequence of photographs show the young man, Jarod Dotson, 22, from Knoxville, complying with Knox County deputies as they lead him to a police van at the University of Tennessee, before an officer uses two hands to choke the student until he is unconscious.

Dotson was arrested, along with a number of friends, during a wild college party celebrating after a week of finals that spilled out onto the street on Saturday night.

rest of fat doughnut cop chocking a person: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2614386/Tennessee-police-photographed-choking-unresisting-college-student-passes-out.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2014, 03:19:31 pm »

‘Ghostbuster’ cops keep raiding dead man’s home: suit

He’s been dead for eight years, but try telling that to the NYPD.

Cops have barged into James Jordan Sr.’s family home looking for him more than a dozen times since he died in 2006 — prompting his exasperated relatives to finally post his death certificate on the front door.

“I tell them over and over, ‘James isn’t here! He’s dead! It’s that simple. What’s so difficult to understand about that?’ ” the Brooklyn security guard’s widow, Karen, told The Post on Monday.

James Jordan Sr., who died from diabetes at age 46, was last arrested in 1996 — for turnstile-jumping, said Karen Jordan, who has filed a lawsuit against the city in Brooklyn federal court.

But cops still routinely ransack the family’s Bushwick home on Sumner Avenue, demanding to see him — coming four times this year alone, Jordan said.
Modal Trigger

James Jordan Sr.

The widow finally taped his death certificate to the door.

“I wanted it to be the first thing they saw before they came into my home and flipped it upside down,” Jordan said. “I can’t hide anyone in my apartment. It’s not big enough for that. But they keep coming and insisting that he’s in my house.”

Jordan said she’s mystified by the NYPD’s apparent obsession with her late spouse because he had such a minuscule criminal history. Law-enforcement sources said Jordan Sr. had three sealed arrests in 1996.

“He was a hardworking man, and he took care of eight kids,” the widow said. “It isn’t right for them to be coming after him like this. There’s no reason for it.”

Jordan said the NYPD’s visits leave their home a wreck.

“They tell me to be quiet or they’ll lock me up,” she said. “So they go through my entire house, turning out drawers, looking in closets, harassing my children and asking them terrible questions.

“I’m at my wit’s end,” Jordan said, adding that she also keeps the death certificate at the ready right next to the door on a dresser.

Jordan’s son, James Jr., 31, said officers rushed into the apartment in July and arrested him when he told them his name.
Modal Trigger

The death certificate for Jordan Sr.

“I told them that my father was gone,” he said. “They just didn’t believe me. When they came in, they came in like a riot team. It was like a raid. Six officers rushed into the apartment and woke me up.”

Jordan Jr. and a pal were hit with weapons-possession charges that were later dropped, family lawyer Ugo Uzoh says in the suit. He has no other criminal history.

“My dad’s spirit is here. But you can’t arrest his spirit,” Jordan Jr. said. “I just want my dad to rest in peace. Even when you’re dead, you still get harassed.”

The city’s Law Department declined to comment.

http://nypost.com/2014/05/06/nypd-has-raided-dead-mans-home-over-and-over-suit/
Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2014, 12:15:53 am »

http://www.policymic.com/articles/44423/10-professions-that-attract-the-most-sociopaths
10 Professions That Attract the Most Sociopaths
5/26/13

Our notions of good and evil are as malleable and evolving as the society around us. Whereas once we used to burn opinionated women as witches, or assume seizures were a sure sign of demonic possessions — we now rely on scientific inquiry and skepticism to define the world around us. This has led to a wide array of psychological categories, groups and behaviors through which we self-identify: Introvert, type A, depressed, delusional, egotistical or sociopath!

There are still ongoing disputes in field of psychiatry, and the inner workings of the mind remain a great scientific mystery yet to be fully explored. However, when it comes to sociopathy, we seem to have a somewhat functioning definition: a lack of empathy, emotions, or ability to identify with others coupled with a superficial charm, persuasiveness, focus, and egomania.

It might surprise some to learn, however, that the vast majority of sociopaths aren't killers lurking in the shadows. Most of them are walking around among us, immersed in careers that nurture their psychological traits, and in some cases even reward them.

Here are the top ten jobs that attract sociopaths, according to author Kevin Dutton:

1. CEO

With the heartless greed and sadistic ambition displayed on Wall street since the 2008 financial collapse, it may come as no surprise that the first place on the list goes to the modern-age equivalent of a pharaoh. Capitalist positions of leadership offer power, autonomy, command, and status — a perfect battlefield for the ambitious and ruthless to compete. Where once pyramids littered the dessert in tribute to vain kings, we now have skyscrapers and corporate logos filling the clouds above.

2. Lawyer

Lawyers cloak themselves in the language of their field, making the laymen reliant on their expertise to survive in a courtroom. In the fog of legalese linguistics and glibly twisted logic, you better pray your lawyer is the most bloodthirsty of the two. There's a reason Shakespeare hated them so much, and why they continue to be the butt of so many jokes. Lawyers have a reputation for distorting the systems of equality, specifically for the purposes of ensuring their financial success. For every white knight district attorney looking to uphold the pillars of justice, you are sure to find a handful of bleak-hearted cynics and cutthroats.

3. Media

If our collective society is a living organism, where better for the egomaniac to reside than on the radio or TV? To be the voice of the people, the face of their information and entertainment, and to influence our collective minds. Of course, once your self-worth becomes invariably tied to your ratings and popularity, you're in for an eventual downfall of depression and despair.

4. Salesperson

In a numbers game, there's no room for emotion. Who has the greatest mental prowess? Manipulative charm? Who can wield the finest array of half-truths to convince a customer and close a sale? For those who like to compete for status and feed an ego through the defeat of colleagues, there is no better place to be than sales.

5. Surgeon

The field of surgery offers more than the power of life and death. It's a clinical world of high-pressure stakes, where decisions must be made without emotion. What job nurtures a bigger power complex, than one where you can cut people open on a daily basis, tinker with their frail internal mechanics, and aggrandize your status as a giver or taker of life?

6. Journalist

Much in the same way that media attracts the egomaniac, journalism (and writing in general) can draw those who wish to be revered from a distance. The ability to embed ideas and conversations in paper, and have them be absorbed en masse by readers, has only grown with the proliferation of the Internet. Now everyone with a phone, ipad, laptop or Google glasses can connect to an instantaneous world of information that stretches across the planet in seconds. The champions of that information are the self-appointed revealers of "truth" – constantly seeking to influence others through their articulation and mental prowess.

7. Policeman

The power of life and death on your hip, a badge of authority on your chest, a uniform of distinction, and a really loud siren! Everyone’s familiar with the stereotype of a bad cop — those officers who readily abuse their power, resent the people they are meant to protect, and use cold-hearted superiority to justify their viciousness. It's an unfortunate reality that some of the biggest criminals lurk among those who've sworn to uphold the law

8. Clergyman

What better way to fulfill your God complex than become one his messengers? If you embody and speak for the higher forces of the universe, people’s admiration and congregation around you will constantly stroke the darkest portions of your vanity — at least until they catch you abusing children. It's no wonder religions have veered away from monastic humility towards gaudy temples of lavish gold and marble.

9. Chef

There are few things we do on a daily basis that are more intimate than eating food. The sustenance we put in our body can heal us, warm us, increase our pleasure and decrease our stress. It can also poison us, infect us or outright kill us. The seduction and love of food is very powerful — and controlling it, corrupting it, or being worshipped for creating it can greatly appeal to the egomaniac.

10. Civil Servant

Whether you're a minor-level bureaucrat suffocating the masses in red tape protocol, a hair-piece smiling robot claiming to embody the American dream, or a hypocrite ranting about moral platitudes while keeping your gay sex slave locked in your closet — there’s always plenty of room for sociopaths in the political arena.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2014, 06:05:12 am »

Police Shooting Frenzy Raises Concerns :Bullets were sprayed everywhere. They hit the Volvo, other cars in the lot, fence posts and neighboring businesses.Total of 23 officers fired a total of at least 377 round sat 2 unarmed suspects!

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/05/06/police-shooting-frenzy-raises-concerns/

This was nothing more than a public execution by thug cops. The passenger was 100% innocent. Every single one of these pigs should be arrested for murder and nothing less.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2014, 06:38:12 am »

Police Pull Rifle Out On Man Trying To Clean Up Dog Poop In His Car

A well-known American Indian artist says police in New Mexico pulled a rifle on him after his dog pooped in his SUV and a woman mistook his cleanup efforts for a burglary.

Pueblo painter Mateo Romero told The Associated Press that a Santa Fe officer pointed a weapon at him during the bizarre misunderstanding Monday.

According to a police report, the officer pulled out a rifle and detained Romero after Maria Markus reported a burglary in progress at her home.

Romero says he parked into her private driveway after his Shih Tzu named Han Solo relieved himself inside his SUV and Romero sought to clean the mess.

Romero says Markus spotted him in her driveway, boxed him in with her vehicle and called 911.

He says Markus refused to talk to him before police arrived.

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2014/07/09/police-pull-rifle-out-on-man-trying-to-cleanup-after-his-dog-pooped-in-car/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2014, 10:46:34 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Boldhunter

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2014, 11:54:17 pm »

What 3 forms of ID should they produce, and how do you know what a true legal warrant (certificate? document?) should look like?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: