End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 06:40:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Website Lets People Use Photos to Interpret Bible Words

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Website Lets People Use Photos to Interpret Bible Words  (Read 473 times)
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2013, 05:21:37 am »

JACKSON, Tenn. - A new website called Bible Smiles could make reading the Bible easier and more interesting. The site’s creator hopes it will take off in West Tennessee then spread.

“I’m not a very good Bible reader,” said Mark Givens, web developer.

Givens admits reading the Bible can be challenging. “The words are a little dry sometimes and it can be a little slow,” he said. “It's not like reading a novel.”

Givens created biblesmiles.com. It allows people to upload pictures for each word in the text. “You can read a verse a little differently than traditional because you'll be looking at the pictures instead of the words,” he said.

People pick pictures that represent each word. “There's the picture,” said Givens. “You can add a description if you like.”

Users can upload images on the website right from their computer. “Well, you pick a word, any word, in the entire Bible and you reserve it,” said Givens. “You have three days to create a picture and upload the picture.”

Givens counted close to 800,000 words of doctrine. “The biggest difficulty was separating each word from the verses,” he said.

Givens launched the website about a week and a half ago. “The main thing was for me to get me to read the Bible more often and hopefully it'll do that,” he said.

People can log on and use the site free of charge.

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Website-Lets-People-Use-Photos-to-Interpret-Bible-Words-205256281.html

the first verse is blasphemy, look at who they put as "God"

http://biblesmiles.com/bible/
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kilika
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 06:02:38 am »

“I’m not a very good Bible reader,” said Mark Givens, web developer.

Okay, so being a web developer, we know he can read well. What he's whining about is the lack of the Spirit, and patience, to teach him.
Report Spam   Logged
biblesmiles

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 08:08:03 pm »

This is the web developer of the aforementioned website, Bible Smiles. To say I am whining about lack of spirit and patience is bizarre to say the least. It is the injection of spirit and plenty of patience that was instilled in me to create the website and share it with other followers of Christ. The fact that I have difficulty sitting down and reading the Bible on a regular basis is not unique to me, and if this website can get myself, and others to read the Bible more often, that's a good thing.

As for the first verse being blasphemy, the picture that represents the word God was not put there by Bible Smiles. The person who uploaded that picture is a member of Bible Smiles and that is her visual representation of the word, not mine, or any other person related to Bible Smiles. Members can upload any picture as long as it is their representation of the word. Since there is no picture of God, a representation is all anyone has and to think it insults God is beyond me.

Mark Givens
www.biblesmiles.com
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 09:02:32 pm »

This is the web developer of the aforementioned website, Bible Smiles. To say I am whining about lack of spirit and patience is bizarre to say the least. It is the injection of spirit and plenty of patience that was instilled in me to create the website and share it with other followers of Christ. The fact that I have difficulty sitting down and reading the Bible on a regular basis is not unique to me, and if this website can get myself, and others to read the Bible more often, that's a good thing.

Huh

Matthew 4:4  But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

1Timothy 4:12  Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
1Ti 4:13  Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.

Report Spam   Logged
Boldhunter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 12:36:57 am »

2 Peter 1:20-21 KJV

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 03:15:01 am »

As for the first verse being blasphemy, the picture that represents the word God was not put there by Bible Smiles. The person who uploaded that picture is a member of Bible Smiles and that is her visual representation of the word, not mine, or any other person related to Bible Smiles. Members can upload any picture as long as it is their representation of the word. Since there is no picture of God, a representation is all anyone has and to think it insults God is beyond me.

Mark Givens
www.biblesmiles.com

Well Mr. Givens, thank you for dropping by. It is rare that we get visitors in response to our comments on articles. Most don't have the nerve I guess.

(My family is from Tennessee, south of Nashville around Franklin Co. dating back to the mid 1700's, and into Chattanooga. I know of Jackson, as that's a family name.)

As for your, uh, idea, the reason I said what I did is because scripture says it is the Holy Ghost that teaches, and here you are trying to do what the Spirit already does, IF a person will listen and be patient. "In your patience posses ye your souls".

It also says...

"But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him." 1 John 2:27 (KJB)

That pretty much sums it up. Stuff like your idea are not needed, and are actually enabling the weak in faith to look to something else other than the Spirit for understanding. It's actually accomplishing the opposite desired affect.

I have a BA in multimedia myself Mr. Givens, so I know full well what reading level is needed for such work. I also have a background in computer hardware repair. So I know what it takes. You can read, you're just making excuses to push, to be blunt, a silly idea.

I'm sorry I don't share in your enthusiasm for such things, but quite frankly, God already gave us what is needed to understand His Word.

Knowing that, I can't endorse such as your website. It's silly, useless, and outright not of faith.

And scripture tells us whatsoever is not of faith is sin!

What is Bible Smiles?

Founded in April 2013, Bible Smiles allows people from around the world to post pictures to represent the words in the Bible. By bringing together the written word and pictures, Bible Smiles makes it possible to read the Bible through a series of pictures.

As a follower of Christ, you can support the work of the ministry by contributing to this first-ever word-by-word picture version of the Bible. In this very unique project, all of us will be spreading the word of God, but this time the word will be in pictures.

Bible Smiles is the result of our passion for Christ and the written word. We believe there are many ways for people to discover, learn, and walk more fully in Christ, and we should all share our passion for Christ with others. Bible Smiles is our way of sharing our passion with others.

Interesting. You have four times where you say "Christ", but not once do you use the most important word in history, "Jesus". Lots of people use the word Christ, but they couldn't be any further away from Jesus.

In these days of apostate churchianity, we need Jesus more than ever, yet more and more we see people talk all around Jesus, but never mention His name.

11  This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12  Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Acts 4:11,12 (KJB)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 03:24:33 am by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 04:11:54 am »

I can understand the intent behind the idea. You get people to read the Bible, if anything. just to see what the pictures are. The thing is people tend to associate the pictures with words, especially young children and liberals.

So a couple of people could go in there and upload pics of Obama for every word of Jesus. And then people would always associate Obama with Jesus. You might think its harmless fun when it isnt. The media has been pushing that idea for a while now. See here for proof. http://endtimesandcurrentevents.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,7281.0.html

Also Jesus isnt described as a long hair blue eyed hippy as the Catholic church and nearly every new-ager out there would have us believe. All we are told is that he had no beauty or majesty attract us or desire him. Basically he looked like a Jew with short ark hair and was probably built as he was a carpenter. And back then carpenter were not skinny mommas boys as portrayed by thousands of years of pictures associated with the name Jesus.

And lastly, the Bible clearly states, dont make images of things in heaven. Ascribing images to the Lord in Heaven can get you into some trouble. Which is what got some people here upset already by using the statue of a man for the word God in the first verse of the Bible.

Again i understand what you are doing, i hope you would set some boundaries on certain words though, like God and Jesus, as those should never have any images ascribed to them. But Kudos for using the KJB, that is rare and far between today's fallen world. Im sure you will take some heat for that, and im also very sure once word spreads, you will have a LOT of Catholic visitors. lol or maybe not..

But hopefully you can see our point of view.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: