End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 08:05:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

My dad has heart by pass surgery on Wednesday

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My dad has heart by pass surgery on Wednesday  (Read 1865 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2013, 09:34:20 pm »

Please pray for him.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 09:42:33 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kilika
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 02:18:32 am »

Amen
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 03:50:54 am »

i will pray

1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 04:23:21 am »

seems to be a lot of that going around.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 10:09:55 am »

Sorry for the late update here - the surgery on Wed went GREAT! Praise Jesus!

However, as for recovering, he is a little weak. When he got discharged yesterday, he could barely move around, and even talk much. I don't know when he will fully recover, but at least we know the surgery went great and everything will be OK!

With that being said - someone mentioned here how sometimes we ponder how these things happen to us b/c we might have done something bad, sinned something, and it might have been some kind of punishment.

The reason why I bring this up is b/c in a lot of these cases(which I will elaborate a bit on), God likely wants to bring something to our attention, and for our GOOD. Just to sum it up in a nutshell - my dad has been working awfully hard at work, and putting in a lot of hours, which concerns me.(this is a kind of job that somewhat requires it) Plus I'll just say briefly that a lot of his colleagues there have been rather rotten - there is this young professor there that my dad brought with him when we moved here, but when all was said and done, not only did he start lying, stealing, scheming from my dad, but he falsified his research and was caught red-handed for this. And despite all of this, a lot of my dad's colleagues that we thought were his close friends for a long time APPROVED this young professor's TENURE.

Seriously, falsifying research at a university is a serious offense(and causes for termination). You see right here how "the world loves its own..."(no wonder why liars, cheaters, schemers, etc end up being the "successful" ones in this world - but no worries, as they will have their rewards in the lake of fire for eternity).

Rev 21:8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Also - we found out yesterday that the pastor at our church we go to just quit, and no one knows why. If there were really any "rumors"(ie-pastor butted heads with others over "conflicts" or was "forced out"), we would have heard about it. But he just quit, and it's a mystery why.

Ultimately, I don't know, but maybe the Lord wants us to just stop, take a break from all of this traffic, get into the scriptures, etc. Personally, having been in this modern-day church system for many years - every time a pastor leaves, the church just goes in shambles b/c they go for almost a year without a permanent pastor, so they start bringing in some different (reprobate)seminary professor or whoever every week to start out with, then afterwards they bring in some "interim" pastor(who just wants to collect some extra cash), then when all is said and done, the new pastor they end up hiring ends up being either some young guy right out of a seminary with hardly any experience(ie-as the bible says, a NOVICE), or some "journeyman" pastor who pretty much doesn't care to be there other than riding out the storm until their retirement. Ultimately, the church ends up being in one big mess for a long, long time(not that they were great to begin with, but just saying) - this is another piece of leaven over these church buildings.

But we will see, but hopefully, he's trying to pull my dad and us out of the fire from all of this...

Rev 18:4  And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Rev 18:5  For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 11:38:26 am »

Edit(about my pastor that quit): Actually, when I said he quit and no one knew why wasn't quite right - here's the story(from what I understand)...he had this vision that he COPIED from ANOTHER pastor(on the internet, I think), and the deacons didn't like it. It doesn't sound like he was forced out, per se, maybe a little, but at the same time he may have gotten a little prideful b/c others didn't like his "copied vision".

Again, he could have stayed around forever with no problems, but a the SAME TIME, I don't think many in the congregation liked him(and it didn't sound like they didn't like him b/c he was doctrinally in error, which he was - OTOH, they seem to like that youth pastor quite a bit, even though he himself is VERY bad doctrinally).

Either way - he's a hireling with no love for the truth. And yeah, you can say too that his quitting is a mystery. FWIW too, he didn't show up yesterday to announce his resignation(one of the deacons read his resignation letter FOR HIM).

Hopefully, the Lord will open up doors for us to get out of this!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 01:07:46 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 12:23:30 pm »

A little update here - am just overhearing the nurse that came by - he has to stay away from work 4-6 weeks. Honestly, this is good, b/c I feel he needs a rest. He appears to be improving OK.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 12:39:43 pm »

A little update here - am just overhearing the nurse that came by - he has to stay away from work 4-6 weeks. Honestly, this is good, b/c I feel he needs a rest. He appears to be improving OK.

my dads was a while ago, and he still hurts a little, it will take more that 4 to 6 weeks.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Kilika
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 05:15:12 pm »

It takes 6-8 weeks for a broken bone to heal, and he effectively has a broken sternum that has been wired shut. Due to breathing, etc, there's a lot of movement in the upper body, which means lots of aches and pains as he heals. A leg you can isolate and stabilize with a cast so it won't move, a chest you can't!

There is also issues with the tissue they cut through, the pectoral muscle area where it attaches to the chest wall. Some have residual numbness, some don't. We'll see, but I got some for now.

Minimum 6 weeks. At least.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 06:38:16 pm »

Thank you guys for the info! Smiley

Also - thought I would give this one more update over the pastor at my church and why he left - well, as it turned out, he was copying his Sunday sermons from internet sources(ie-other pastors et al) ALMOST WORD FOR WORD. IOW, it was more or less plagiarism. No wonder why he didn't show up to announce his resignation on Sunday morning. And come to think of it too - he almost always sounded like he was reading off of a script when preaching these sermons.

Anyhow - this seems to be the common doings of church buildings pastors in our modern times(not just him) - instead of asking the Holy Spirit for guidance and wisdom through his word, they will end up getting complacent and lazy and do JUST THAT(looking up other people's sermons from whatever sources and plagiarizing them). Come to think of it, for all of those churches that are one of the Purpose Driven member churches, Rick Warren allows those pastors to download HIS sermons for FREE.

Galatians 1:15  But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
Gal 1:16  To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

1 John 2:27  But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

But again, honestly, I don't think he was forced out or anything b/c of this alone(b/c it appeared not many liked him to begin with) - even the youth pastor admitted 2 weeks ago that he got his sermon ideas from a youth "devotional".
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 01:10:02 am »

That is the problem I've had with "sermons" all along. My contention has been how can a man write down on Monday what he will preach on Sunday? Is not the Spirit the one that tells us what to say in that hour? Yes, in fact it is. The Holy Ghost is there for us as we need Him and we are to trust that and not take thought for things beyond today.

Now just because a preacher writes down stuff on a topic, it doesn't mean they must stick to what they wrote down, but it seems that's the only way they can regularly "preach" in those buildings, seeing there seems to be no light in them. To me, it's taking thought for the morrow.

Indeed, it is not flesh and blood that moves us, but His Spirit.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2013, 04:51:43 am »

You may be thinking of this:

Luke 12:11 And when they bring you unto the synagogues, and unto magistrates, and powers, take ye no thought how or what thing ye shall answer, or what ye shall say:
12 For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.

Matthew 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2013, 05:36:31 am »

Yes, those are part of the verses I was thinking that clearly tells us how to act.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: