End Times and Current Events
April 18, 2024, 03:37:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

FRANKLIN GRAHAM “SHOCKED” HIS SITE CALLED MORMONISM A CULT

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FRANKLIN GRAHAM “SHOCKED” HIS SITE CALLED MORMONISM A CULT  (Read 443 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2012, 08:33:42 pm »

http://apprising.org/2012/11/15/franklin-graham-shocked-his-site-called-mormonism-a-cult/

11/15/12

I think I am just as shocked as Franklin Graham. So to be clear, it is OK for him to call Jehovah’s Witnesses, the Unification Church, Unitarians, Spiritists, and Scientologists cult members, but Mormons?

Nope. Either they are just a different flavor of orthodox Christianity, or they are somehow more deserving to be “won over to Christ” than the other cult members. Or does it depend on whom runs for the office of President of the United States?

Here is how The Christian Post is reporting this latest shocker:

A month after the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association removed an article describing Mormonism as a “cult” from its website, ministry head Franklin Graham clarified on Wednesday that he was unaware of the article’s existence.

The evangelist told CNN that he did not write the article and that he was “shocked” to find the article on the BGEA website.

“We have 10,000 pages and I don’t write the 10,000 pages. Other people have written it. There was a discussion as to what a cult was and they (the article) had a definition of a cult and then they gave some examples and when I found out there were examples they took them off. But I was shocked that we even had that on there,” Graham said, as he described the “cult” reference as name-calling.

“If I want to win a person to Christ, how can I call that person a name? That’s what shocked me, that we were calling people names.”

The article was categorized under BGEA’s “Looking for Answers” section where the question “What is a cult?” was posed. It defined a cult as “any group which teaches doctrines or beliefs that deviate from the biblical message of the Christian faith. It is very important that we recognize cults and avoid any involvement with them. Cults often teach some Christian truth mixed with error, which may be difficult to detect.”

Providing examples of “cults,” it listed Jehovah’s Witnesses, Mormons, the Unification Church, Unitarians, Spiritists, and Scientologists.

The article was taken down in October shortly after Billy Graham, 94, met with Mitt Romney, a Mormon, at his home in Montreat, N.C. Graham was impressed by Romney’s “strong moral convictions” and said he would do all he can to help the Republican presidential candidate. Romney lost the election to President Barack Obama last week.

The beloved evangelist drew some criticism for his seemingly increased involvement in politics this year. Along with calling on Christians to vote biblical values in the Nov. 6 election, he also supported the North Carolina amendment protecting marriage as between a man and a woman.

But Franklin Graham, son of Billy Graham, told CNN that his father has always been involved in politics and has known every president since Harry Truman. On why he threw his support behind a marriage amendment, the younger Graham said his father “never dreamed that in his 94 years of life that we would be discussing the definition of marriage.

“He just never dreamed that,” he said. “So there was an amendment to give clear, biblical definition to the word ‘marriage’ and my father supported that.”

Even with the election now over, Franklin Graham stated that the “cult” article will never be posted again.

While acknowledging the “huge” differences between Protestants and Mormons, he indicated that his priority is winning people to Christ and throwing around the “cult” term does not help that.

“I believe that the only way that I can get to heaven is through faith in God’s son, Jesus Christ, who took my sins, who died on the cross and who God raised to life and if we’re willing to confess our sins and repent and believe on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, God will forgive us and He’ll heal our hearts. This is my message. I’m an evangelist and I want to reach as many people as I can,” he stressed.

“If I’m calling them names, it doesn’t work.”
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 06:06:37 am »

Im shocked that Franklin gets news coverage  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Kilika
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 11:14:47 am »

Proof this guy doesn't even read his bible!...

But I was shocked that we even had that on there,” Graham said, as he described the “cult” reference as name-calling.

“If I want to win a person to Christ, how can I call that person a name? That’s what shocked me, that we were calling people names.”

Hey Graham, check this out you false prophet...(there's even more you blind guide!)

"O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh." Matthew 12:34 (KJB)

"[Ye] serpents, [ye] generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?" Matthew 23:33 (KJB)

24   [Ye] blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel. 
25   Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. 
26   [Thou] blind Pharisee, cleanse first that [which is] within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also. 
Matthew 23:24-26 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 12:10:45 pm »

3/13/13
Franklin Graham, Richard Land Support Background Checks for Gun Purchases

Major evangelical leaders recently announced their support for universal background checks for all firearms purchases in America.

The Rev. Franklin Graham, president of the Christian relief organization Samaritan's Purse and Dr. Richard Land, outgoing head of the Southern Baptist Convention's Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission, stated this in interviews with Time Magazine.

"As ministers, we agreed together that we could stand on a united front for universal background checks … We think that's reasonable and responsible," said Graham.

"There are millions of people that we can mobilize behind something like this, but it takes leadership from the White House."

"We're not going to oppose universal background checks – it's a nice idea but only law-abiding citizens follow that," said Land. "The more the president can make this a multi-pronged [effort] the more support he's going to receive from evangelicals."

Both evangelical leaders agreed that in addition to background checks other efforts, such as holding the entertainment industry accountable for violent content and reforming the mental health care, are needed.

The remarks of Graham and Land come as the Washington National Cathedral is preparing for a series of events meant to spread awareness about the cost of gun violence.

Titled "National Gun Violence Sabbath," the events will take place March 14-17 and will be live streamed on the National Cathedral's website.

According to a February statement from the National Cathedral, the event is organized with the support of the group Faiths United to Prevent Gun Violence.

"This is a critical moment in the life of our nation. The faith community has seen the tragic results of inaction, and we cannot stand by any longer," said the Rev. Gary Hall, dean of the cathedral, in a statement.

"No one should be at risk from gun violence in a schoolroom, in the workplace, on our city streets, at a shopping mall, a movie theater – or anywhere else. This weekend of programs offers time to reflect, unite, and act to curb the epidemic of gun violence in our midst."

While the background checks proposal gains support from both ends of the Christian theological spectrum, the idea still has its critics.

Wayne LaPierre, CEO for the National Rifle Association, spoke at the Western Hunting & Conservation Expo in Salt Lake City, Utah, and called universal background checks "the heart of [the] anti-gun agenda."

"This is not universal background checks. This is universal registration of your firearms. Imagine right now your name on a massive government list," said LaPierre.

"How safe do you think that government list will be? Think it's secure? Well, WikiLeaks had no trouble tapping into secret government computers. China hacked into Pentagon computers."

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/franklin-graham-richard-land-support-background-checks-for-gun-purchases-91790/#5g71lTSvPW2y3Ma6.99
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 12:28:41 pm »

"This is not universal background checks. This is universal registration of your firearms. Imagine right now your name on a massive government list," said LaPierre.

No, it's part of the even bigger picture; the marking of the people, world-wide, that will lead up to the mandated mark of the beast.

It's so close now, the world requiring people to register this, fill out that, log in here and there, it's all the basis, a conditioning of the masses, for what's to come. The world knows that you can't toss a frog into boiling water!

THEY operate just the opposite of what God does...

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" Isaiah 5:20 (KJB)

And living under "the law", which is "eye for an eye", they believe in being compensated for being wronged. They think they are owed something, rather than suffering wrong and loving your enemies. They give expecting something in return, and want everybody to be held accountable for their own actions, to separate out those who they think have broken "the law".

So it should be expected that the world wants to know who is responsible for what, about everything and everybody. They believe that if you are in THEIR world, you play by their rules, including registering your firearms, because it all leads up to the Mark itself, seeing the enemy runs the world, and is the one who is pushing all these worldly things.

The world has many paths that leads to destruction, they accept everybody on their own path, which is confusion.

There is only one way to Jesus. "One lord, one faith, one baptism..."
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 12:30:25 pm by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: