End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 04:05:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Has the Pope stumbled upon the truth? I doubt it....

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has the Pope stumbled upon the truth? I doubt it....  (Read 325 times)
Lisa
« on: March 02, 2011, 12:36:45 pm »

Jews are not to blame for death of Jesus, claims Pope in dispute over Bible passageBy Simon Caldwell
Last updated at 4:10 PM on 2nd March 2011
Comments (-) Add to My Stories
 Pope Benedict XVI exonerates the Jewish people of any culpability of the death of Christ in his new book
The Jews are not to blame for the crucifixion and death of Jesus, Pope Benedict  XVI said today.
In extracts released from his forthcoming book on Jesus of Nazareth, the Pope  completely exonerates the Jewish people of any culpability of the death of Christ.
He directly confronts the controversial text of St Matthew’s Gospel in which ‘the Jews’ demand the execution of Jesus and shout to the Roman governor Pontius Pilate: ‘Let his blood be on us and on our children.'
The passage has been described even by Catholics as a ‘rallying cry for anti-Semites down the centuries’.
But the Pope says the Gospel writer meant the mob in the courtyard and not  the Jewish people in general.
As such the crowd was representative of the whole of sinful humanity, he said.
Then he explains that the blood of Jesus was not ‘poured out against anyone,  it is poured out for many, for all’.
It does not represent ‘a curse, but rather redemption, salvation’, the Pope writes in Jesus of Nazareth – Holy Week: From Entrance into Jerusalem to the  Resurrection, to be published next week by the Catholic Truth Society.
Although the Bavarian-born Pope is interpreting the New Testament text as one  which is not anti-Semitic, his remarks are bound to excite controversy.
The Gospel passage has been used by some Christians down the centuries to  depict the Jews as ‘Christ-killers’ who were collectively and inherently guilty  of deicide.

It was said to be Adolf Hitler’s favourite part of the Oberammergau Passion  Play, and it also caused a furious outcry when actor and film director director Mel Gibson tried to include it in his 2004 movie The Passion of the Christ.
Gibson eventually agreed to delete the subtitles while leaving in original  Aramaic in the script.
 Mel Gibson tried to include controversial text from St Matthew's Gospel in his 2004 movie The Passion of the Christ but eventually relented
Although the Catholic Church in 1965 explicitly rejected the notion of the  inherent guilt of the Jews in the death of Christ, some analysts say that in his  new book Pope Benedict has gone further than any other Catholic leader in offering a theological position to support good Catholic-Jewish relations.
‘Pope Benedict offers original insights into the death of Jesus and the  question of responsibility for it,’ said Sister Margaret Shepherd, secretary of the committee for Catholic-Jewish relations of the Catholic  Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales.
She said he ‘takes further’ the Church’s rejection of the deicide charge against the Jews ‘by providing scriptural depth to our understanding of it’.
She added: ‘We have to see this in the context of the tragic history of such a  charge, which has provided a rallying cry for anti-Semites over the centuries  and whose effects still linger today.’
The Most Rev. Kevin McDonald, the Emeritus Archbishop of Southwark and chairman  of the bishops’ committee for Catholic Jewish relations, said it was ‘important  to see these reflections against the background of the very positive approach  that the Pope has adopted to Catholic-Jewish dialogue both in his words and  deeds’.

The first excerpts of Pope Benedict XVI's new book, to be published next week, were released by the Vatican today
He said: ‘He makes it clear that he wants the book to contribute to Christian-Jewish dialogue.’

In the book, Pope Benedict appeals for a ‘new reflection’ on scriptural texts by Christians and Jews and the start of a correct and mutual understanding of  each other’s beliefs.
He laments the sufferings of the Jewish people down the ages and he also offers  radical theological reasons why Christians should not seek the conversion of  the Jews.The first excerpts of the book, which consists of a meditation on the person of Jesus during Holy Week, were released by the Vatican today.
The book is the sequel to Jesus of Nazareth: From Baptism in the Jordan to the  Transfiguration, which became a best-seller when it was published in 2007.
Pope Benedict famously offended the Jewish people when he made the mistake of  lifting the excommunication of the British ultra-traditionalist Bishop Richard  Williamson, who had denied the existence of the Nazi gas chambers.
He explained the error by saying he had failed to check the internet. The Pope  later attempted to atone for his gaffe by visiting Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial in Israel. He has also visited Auschwitz concentration camp  in Poland.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1362185/Jews-blame-death-Jesus-claims-Pope-dispute-Bible-passage.html#ixzz1FT70frQR
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PeanutGallery

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 01:47:48 pm »

...  Pope Benedict XVI exonerates the Jewish people
exonerate = not guilty = justify
Pope justifies?
Romans 8:33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 03:27:19 pm »

and he also offers  radical theological reasons why Christians should not seek the conversion of  the Jews.

Clearly the man is a false prophet.
Report Spam   Logged
Lisa
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 05:49:19 pm »

My feeling is that because he is so clever with manipulating the truth (this is not an amateur job this is a sophis misrepresentation of the gospel) I am now fully convinced that he knows exactly what he is doing. Until now i had my thoughts that he could be accidentally lost and spouting rubbish-This for me proves that he is extremely clever and manipulative.
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 06:13:36 pm »

My feeling is that because he is so clever with manipulating the truth (this is not an amateur job this is a sophis misrepresentation of the gospel) I am now fully convinced that he knows exactly what he is doing. Until now i had my thoughts that he could be accidentally lost and spouting rubbish-This for me proves that he is extremely clever and manipulative.

Remember he was also a member of Hitler Youth as a kid - yeah, he said he regretted it, but I wonder if he would have felt different if Nazi Germany had one. Also, he called for a New Financial World Order 2 years ago.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 07:54:34 am »

PM praises Pope for clearing Jews of Jesus' death

Netanyahu sends letter to Pontiff commending him for "rejecting false charge that has been basis for hatred of Jewish People for years."

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu on Thursday sent a letter praising Pope Benedict XVI for reiterating that the Jewish people are not responsible for Jesus' death. The Pope made the comments in a new book released on Wednesday.

"I commend you for forcefully rejecting, in your recent book, a false charge that has been a foundation for the hatred of the Jewish People for many centuries," Netanyahu wrote.

REST: http://www.jpost.com/NationalNews/Article.aspx?id=210696
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: