End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 11:29:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Alex Jones paid schill

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alex Jones paid schill  (Read 14742 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2014, 10:57:29 am »

Why Jesus Was REALLY Killed: Challenging the Money Changers

And this is exactly what that New Age nut Alan Watt promotes - come to think of it too, this was debated over at PPF 3 years ago, and most on that forum seemed to fall for it hook, line, and sinker.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2014, 11:03:04 pm »

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=9161413473410

Radio Show: Occultism Mingled In American Patriotism
 9/16/2014 (TUE)

Speaker:
Jason Cooley

This radio show covers the Statue of Liberty and its origin, the star spangled banner and Washington DC landmarks

Radio Show Audio: http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=9161413473410
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2015, 01:00:02 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2015, 05:48:21 am »

AJ is a closet catholic, possibly a jesuit.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2015, 05:22:08 pm »

AJ is a closet catholic, possibly a jesuit.

Listen to the last 5 minutes of this video(around the 1:48:00 mark) - they played a clip of Jones talking with a caller on his radio show(exposing Bush II and the Iraq war lies) - the caller asked about Knight of Malta members involved in the Iraq war lies in the Bush II admin, and Jones and his guest just completely blew him off.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2015, 11:34:44 am »

Mark, what is cold fusion's view on the gap theory? How much of this was discussed on PPF, and what was PPF's view on it?
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2015, 11:46:24 am »

Mark, what is cold fusion's view on the gap theory? How much of this was discussed on PPF, and what was PPF's view on it?

aint seen that name in a while.  Cheesy if i remember correctly he does not believe in a gap.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2015, 04:01:12 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 19, 2015, 02:11:30 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2015, 04:32:50 pm »

http://www.mercurynews.com/celebrities/ci_29124222/report-charlie-sheen-is-hiv-positive?source=rss
Charlie Sheen's HIV status: new details emerge
11/16/15

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2016, 09:00:53 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2016, 11:51:32 pm »

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=7116225080
Catholic Civil War Brewing & Jesuit Pope Francis Trump's Elections
6/30/2016 (THU) 
Audio: http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=7116225080
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2016, 05:19:13 pm »

So pretty much, Jones goes from supporting Ron Paul to Donald Trump. Twisted indeed!
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2016, 12:17:33 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/infowars-says-christian-street-preachers-radical-extremists-make-christianity-look-bad/

InfoWars Says Christian Street Preachers Are ‘Radical Extremists’ Who Make Christianity Look Bad

All through their video published just a few moments ago, they pepper their narrative with words like "demonize", "terrorize", "fanatical"and "extremist" in connection with - not Islamic terrorism - but with Christian street preachers respectfully sharing the gospel on the street.

7/20/16

All through their video, InfoWars peppers their narrative with words like “demonize”, “terrorize”, “fanatical”and “extremist” in connection with – not Islamic terrorism – but with Christian street preachers respectfully sharing the gospel on the street.

“And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.” Luke 14:23 (KJV)

At the Republican National Convention there are just about every type of people group you can imagine. Conservatives, Liberals, and everything in between have converged in Cleveland to let their views be known. But the folks over at InfoWars.com seem to take issue with one group in particluar that they feel are “making us look bad”, and that’s Christian street preachers sharing the gospel as the Bible commands us to do.

Hey Alex, I thought you were supposed to be a Christian? Hmm…

All through their video published just a few moments ago, they pepper their narrative with words like “demonize”, “terrorize”, “fanatical”and “extremist” in connection with – not Islamic terrorism – but with Christian street preachers respectfully sharing the gospel on the street.

The NTEB Street Preaching Team has been preaching on the streets of Saint Augustine, Florida, hundreds of times over the past 4 and a half years without incident. We have handed out over 250,000 gospel tracts, preached in the hearing of over a million people, and have seen 17 souls pray to receive Jesus Christ as their Saviour. We have never once been arrested, and never once have we been asked to stop by the authorities. But during this time people, we have had lots of people tell us what we are doing is “highly offensive” to them, and that we are “bringing shame” to the “cause of Christ”.

Care to take a wild guess which people group have said this to us?

Before you answer, let me just tell you that it has never been the gays, the Muslims, the atheists, the New Age, the Mormons or the Jehovah’s Witness. The only people group that have ever said we were “offensive” have been other Christians.

Let that thought sink in for a moment.

“So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” Revelation 3:16 (KJV)

Alex Jones and InfoWars will spend thousands of hours every year railing against the New World Order, George Soros and Illuminati, and rightly so. NTEB works to expose the dark works perpetrated by them as well. The only thing is, there is no eternal value attached to exposing the New World Order. God gives you no rewards for doing that. But the Bible says that rewards and crowns will be given for the work done for Jesus Christ in telling lost people how to avoid Hell and get saved. This is called the Judgment Seat of Christ.

“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.” 2 Corinthians 5:10 (KJV)
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2016, 10:26:43 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 03, 2016, 04:08:55 pm »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-hillary-rigged-contested-election-000000296.html
8/3/16
Trump won’t say whether he’d contest election loss to Clinton, but former adviser predicts protests

On election night 2012, Donald Trump called for a “march on Washington” after President Obama defeated the Republican nominee, Mitt Romney, whom Trump endorsed.

Trump issued the call while predicting that Romney would win the popular vote but lose the electoral. (Obama won both.)

Needless to say, there was no march. But if Hillary Clinton defeats Trump in 2016, one of the Republican nominee’s former campaign advisers predicts there will be protests.

“I mean civil disobedience, not violence, but it will be a bloodbath,” Roger Stone told Breitbart News in a recent interview. “The government will be shut down if they attempt to steal this and swear Hillary in.”

Stone left Trump’s immediate orbit last year, but the veteran GOP consultant told Yahoo News last month that he keeps in touch with his former boss.

On Monday, Trump, who is currently trailing Clinton in national polls, told supporters at a rally in Ohio that the fix is coming.

“The election is going to be rigged,” he said.

And on Tuesday, Trump told the Washington Post that he wouldn’t rule out contesting its result if he lost.

On Wednesday, July 20, 2016, Yahoo Chief Investigative Correspondent Michael Isikoff sits down with political consultant Roger Stone at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland to discuss the direction of the Republican Party.

“I don’t want to jump the gun. I don’t want to talk about that,” he said. “I’m just saying that I wouldn’t be surprised if the election … there’s a lot of dirty pool played at the election, meaning the election is rigged.”

Trump pointed to his experience in the Republican primary as evidence of muddy water.

“It started with me in Louisiana when I won Louisiana and I got fewer delegates than Ted Cruz,” Trump said. “I said, ‘Whoa! Whoa! What happens here?’ And then I polled well in Colorado. And instead of voting, the bosses picked it. I said, ‘What’s going on here?’

“It took me a little while to get accustomed to the world of politics,” Trump said. “And then once I did we started running them off. But, who would’ve thought that was going to happen? I win a state, I get fewer votes. Then, I poll great in Colorado and all of a sudden … the voters aren’t going to choose. The bosses are going to choose.”

Back in 2012, Trump blamed the Electoral College for Romney’s defeat, warned of voting machine malfunctions and called on his followers to “fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice.”

Report Spam   Logged
christistruth

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 03, 2016, 04:13:18 pm »

While Hillary is unliked, I see more people not liking Trump then not liking Hillary.

I stopped endorsing Trump recently and am glad for doing so.
Report Spam   Logged

Luke 21:28

Jesus is the answer for our moral ills. Conservative principals are the answer to our government corruption.
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 08, 2016, 12:58:05 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2016, 07:15:42 am »

It seems like almost all of these "truther" news media sites et al are on the Donald Trump bandwagon. They're pretty much anti-everything else (Hillary, Democrats/Republicans, Paul Ryan, Bernie Sanders, Ted Cruz, and what not) - but somehow they go from Ron Paul to Donald Trump in a matter of a few years?

Trump is an "anti-establishment" candidate? Really? Despite all the media coverage from FOX and what not he continues to get? Despite all of the endorsements he got from the "religious right"?

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2016, 12:19:25 pm »

Isaiah 8:9  Associate yourselves, O ye people, and ye shall be broken in pieces; and give ear, all ye of far countries: gird yourselves, and ye shall be broken in pieces; gird yourselves, and ye shall be broken in pieces.
Isa 8:10  Take counsel together, and it shall come to nought; speak the word, and it shall not stand: for God is with us.
Isa 8:11  For the LORD spake thus to me with a strong hand, and instructed me that I should not walk in the way of this people, saying,
Isa 8:12  Say ye not, A confederacy, to all them to whom this people shall say, A confederacy; neither fear ye their fear, nor be afraid.
Isa 8:13  Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread.

Isa 8:19  And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?
Isa 8:20  To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2016, 11:37:59 am »

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=915162258502
Arm Your Mind-Warring Against Satanic Attacks on the Mind
Series:  The Armor of God  · 12 of 12
9/14/2016 (WED)  |  Bible: 1 Peter 4:1
Audio: http://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=915162258502
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2016, 12:14:38 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2016, 10:45:48 pm »

The "truth" movement is pushing the sodomy agenda too - don't be deceived!

http://www.infowars.com/gay-couple-gets-death-threats-for-supporting-trump/
Gay Couple Receives Death Threats for Supporting Donald Trump
Gay couple interviewed at Trump rally threatened with physical violence after video went viral

10/24/16

Cody Moore and Dewey Lainhart were labeled “uneducated,” “rednecks,” “idiots” and “a couple of self-hating gays” by tolerant leftists after the video was uploaded to Facebook.

“In fairness – there were a lot of Jews that supported Hitler,” one person commented, while another said someone should “take away their gay card.”

The Wall Street Journal’s Bellini says even though the couple was never identified in their initial video report, someone found and publicized their names leading to an inundation of hateful messages and threats of physical violence.

“Since the interview was published last Friday, Messrs. Lainhart and Moore say they have received death threats from gay people warning them not to leave their house or go to any gay clubs,” reports Bellini. “One message to them, they say, told them to drink bleach.”

While the messages are disturbing, Lainhart claims the threats don’t bother him.

“It doesn’t concern me. I look over my back, and I do carry [a gun]… because I love the Second Amendment.”
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2016, 11:00:21 am »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/28/politics/donald-trump-supporters-violent-words/index.html
10/28/16
Trump's supporters and their bloody words of war

(CNN)The vocabulary of armed conflict is inescapable in national political contests.

Underdog candidates are "insurgents." Campaigns fight for votes in "battleground states." And as this 2016 race reaches its decisive days, the prospect of "revolution" hangs in the air.

It has been a relentless theme of the past 18 months. Bernie Sanders called for a "political revolution" in almost every speech, as he sold a policy outline meant to upend the economic status quo. Donald Trump has been using such terms for years, though in darker tones.
And in more graphic detail than the American public has ever seen. The Republican nominee and his allies -- many of them drawing on the tea party's glorification of Revolutionary War-era imagery -- have colored this election season with the rhetoric of war and bloodshed. As if making America "great again" were as much a military campaign as a political one.

As Mitt Romney fell to President Barack Obama on election night in 2012, Trump -- armed with his phone and incomplete information -- tweeted that Obama had lost the popular vote, then called for "a revolution in this country!" He deleted that post but not the one calling for a "march on Washington."

On Wednesday, former Rep. Joe Walsh became the latest in a long line of high-profile Trump supporters to invoke a bloody revolt and firearms in response to the GOP candidate's potential defeat on Election Day.

"On November 8th, I'm voting for Trump. On November 9th, if Trump loses, I'm grabbing my musket," Walsh wrote to his more than 78,000 followers. "You in?"

On November 8th, I'm voting for Trump.

On November 9th, if Trump loses, I'm grabbing my musket.

You in?
    — Joe Walsh (@WalshFreedom) October 26, 2016

What did that mean, exactly? CNN's Jake Tapper asked.

"It means protesting," Walsh replied. "Participating in acts of civil disobedience. Doing what it takes to get our country back."

Walsh has gone down this road before. After five Dallas police officers were killed by a sniper in July, he tweeted, "This is now war. Watch out Obama. Watch out black lives matter punks. Real America is coming after you."

Twitter locked his account and forced him to delete the message, Walsh told CNN's Don Lemon, adding that he "didn't intend to say everybody go threaten Barack Obama or incite violence against Barack Obama."

Trump has played at this with jarring regularity, creating a series of tense flashpoints during the course of the campaign. On October 13, he told supporters that, in the eyes of the global power structure they sought to topple, the coming election "is a war."

"And for them," he continued about the opposition, "nothing at all is out of bounds. This is a struggle for the survival of our nation, believe me. And this will be our last chance to save it on November 8 -- remember that."

Language that in past years might have set the political world on its heels has often passed by without much notice in 2015 and 2016. Only in a campaign of near daily absurdities and broken taboos could a sitting governor, Kentucky Republican Matt Bevin, muse at length but without much notice over "whose blood" will be shed in the aftermath of his candidate's loss.

"I want us to be able to fight ideologically, mentally, spiritually, economically, so that we don't have to do it physically, but that may, in fact, be the case," he said at the Values Voter Summit in September.

"The roots of the tree of liberty are watered by what?" Bevin asked in remarks first surfaced by Right Wing Watch. "The blood of who? The tyrants, to be sure. But who else? The patriots. Whose blood will be shed? It may be that of those in this room. It might be that of our children and grandchildren."

Violent rhetoric, matched with allusions to weapons and combat, have become almost inescapable.

Both on social media and in a recent speech, Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke, who addressed the Republican National Convention in Cleveland this past July, has claimed the election is "rigged" and declared it "pitchfork and torches time in America!"

He is not the first Trump ally to connect the "rigged" vote meme -- one that persists, again, despite a complete lack of evidence -- to armed conflict in the aftermath.

Right-wing gadfly and longtime Trump confidant Roger Stone pushed the narrative during an interview with Breitbart's Milo Yiannopoulos during an August conversation.

"I think (Trump's) gotta put them on notice that their inauguration will be a rhetorical -- and I mean civil disobedience, not violence -- but it will be a bloodbath," Stone said.

Writing in the right-wing site WorldNetDaily, Pat Buchanan -- a former Nixon and Reagan White House staffer and presidential candidate -- compared the US in 2016 to Soviet-controlled Prague and Egypt under the heavy hand of Hosni Mubarak, then asked, "When do we have our American Spring?"

A Clinton victory, which Buchanan conceded the polls were predicting, promised "a bad moon rising."

"And the new protesters in the streets," he added, jabbing at 1960s-era student radicals, "will not be over-privileged children from Ivy League campuses."

In 2016, the furor has largely resided with slightly older voters, usually white and often anxiety-stricken over their lost status and diminishing economic opportunity.

And so there was Rhonda, speaking into a microphone held by a fellow Trump supporter at an event on October 11 in Iowa, with a message for Republican vice presidential nominee Mike Pence.

"Our lives depend on this election. Our kids' futures depend on this election, and I will tell you just for me, and I don't want this to happen, but I will tell you for me, personally, if Hillary Clinton gets in, I myself, I'm ready for a revolution," she said, her voice breaking up, "because we can't have her in."

Pence pulled back, waved his hand and shook his head.

"Don't say that," he replied -- then added in a more relaxed voice: "There's a revolution coming on November 8. I promise you."
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2016, 10:58:38 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2016, 09:15:17 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 10, 2016, 08:08:08 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 25, 2016, 01:14:36 pm »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2016/11/25/donald-trump-sandy-hook-alex-jones-column/94335420/
11/25/16
Mr. Trump, denounce Alex Jones: Sandy Hook principal's daughter
Erica Lafferty 6:06 a.m. EST November 25, 2016
He leads a fringe movement of 'Sandy Hook truthers' who promote hateful conspiracy theories.

This Thanksgiving, I sat at a dinner table with an empty seat. It’s the very seat where my mother, Dawn Lafferty Hochsprung, should be. Smiling, laughing and enjoying a holiday meal with her daughters and grandchildren. Instead, my mom wasn’t there because nearly four years ago, she was murdered in Newtown, Conn., along with five of her colleagues and 20 first-graders. That day, as the principal of Sandy Hook Elementary School, she died a hero trying to protect her innocent students.

My heart — and my dinner table — reflect the hole in my life that will never be repaired. And while I’ve chosen a path of gun safety advocacy that not everyone agrees with, some opponents of gun violence prevention follow a different, darker path. A fringe movement of “Sandy Hook truthers” promotes hateful conspiracy theories that the shooting never took place. My Thanksgiving table tells a different story. And so does the reality of the families who had their loved ones ripped out of their arms by senseless gun violence.

The most prominent popularizer of the "Sandy Hook hoax" theory is the radio and Web personality Alex Jones. He is the kind of person you’d expect to be confined to the darkest echo chambers of the Internet. Yet, Jones has been bolstered by the very man who has proclaimed he’ll make our country great again: President-elect Donald Trump.

A quick Google search for the phrase “Sandy Hook truthers” will turn up thousands of stories about how the worst day of my life was actually an elaborate conspiracy that never happened at all. It’s insanity.

Even after an election that exposed deep divisions in our country, surely we can all agree on this: The mass shooting at Sandy Hook happened. Twenty-six families, including mine, were torn apart and will never be the same. Any preposterous ideas to the contrary cannot be allowed to seep into our country’s mainstream discourse. They must be swiftly and publicly refuted.

Surely, the newly elected leader of the free world can see that.

Yet Donald Trump has promised to again appear on Jones’ program — to chat with a man who claims that one of the worst mass shootings in American history was a hoax. President-Elect Trump has praised Alex Jones’ "amazing" reputation and promised he won’t let him down.

I believe in free speech. I believe that a wide range of opinions can be accommodated in our democracy. And I know that the vast majority of Americans — like me — support the Second Amendment and don't believe Jones. I believe that it is only a tiny fraction of extremists who subscribe to the idea that my mother’s death is a fiction.

But part of what allows the president-elect to entertain chatting with Jones is the indifference of decent people to stand up and condemn the thinking of those like Jones in the first place.

We cannot normalize fact-denying behavior. We cannot shrug our shoulders and chalk it up to “Trump being Trump,” yet do nothing about it. Whether I like it or not, Donald Trump is the face of America to all our citizens and the rest of the world. We may approach the issue of gun violence in America differently, but we must all realize that claiming mass shootings are elaborate, government-manufactured hoaxes is deeply hateful and hurtful to those of us living this terrible truth.

President-elect Trump will face the same kinds of tragedies President Obama has lived through. He’ll need to visit with the broken-hearted, and he’ll need to prove he’s the kind of man — and president — who can represent us all. A man who ran on a campaign to “improve our country” simply cannot embrace a man whose preposterous theories are antithetical to our shared values.

This is particularly true for traditional conservatives. Conservative thinkers may interpret the Second Amendment differently than I do, but most of the conservatives I know cherish both facts and civility. For example, I've worked closely with Sen. Pat Toomey, R-Pa., and consider him to be among the kindest public servants I've encountered. I know conservatives like him do not subscribe to the conspiracy theories of Alex Jones and his ilk.

Deep down, I do not want to believe that the Jones and the trolls who constantly bombard me with hate on Twitter are reflective of conservatives. But if mainstream conservatives won’t disavow fringe thinkers such as Alex Jones, how on earth can they claim the moral high ground?

I am asking conservatives and all Americans to join me in telling President-elect Trump this: Alex Jones represents the worst of our country. It’s time to disavow the man who calls my mother’s death a hoax and not appear on his show.

I’ve faced the cold, hard truth of the murder of my mother, and it’s time for Trump to face one of his own. American presidents are held to higher standards than reality television stars, and our new president-elect must learn that. He must openly denounce Jones and the hateful fictions that he spews. Countless survivors of gun violence and I urge him to do so now.

Erica Lafferty's mother, Dawn Lafferty Hochsprung, was the principal of Sandy Hook School and was murdered while protecting her students. Erica is partnerships manager at Everytown for Gun Safety. Follow her on Twitter: @EricaSmegs

You can read diverse opinions from our Board of Contributors and other writers on the Opinion front page, on Twitter @USATOpinion and in our daily Opinion newsletter. To respond to a column, submit a comment to letters@usatoday.com.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 05, 2016, 09:35:22 am »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gunman-charged-threatening-dc-restaurant-hit-fake-news-030914425.html
Gunman charged after threatening DC restaurant hit by fake news
[Reuters]
December 4, 2016

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A man who took a rifle into a Washington pizza restaurant on Sunday "to self-investigate" a fake news report that it was operating a child abuse ring has been charged with assault with a dangerous weapon, police in the U.S. capital said.

Washington's Metropolitan Police Department said in a statement that Edgar Maddison Welch, 28, of Salisbury, North Carolina, was charged after the incident at Comet Ping Pong restaurant in Washington near the Maryland border on Sunday afternoon.

The suspect entered the restaurant and pointed a gun at a restaurant employee, who fled and notified authorities, police said. The man then discharged the weapon inside the restaurant. There were no injuries.

Two weapons were found inside the restaurant and a third one was recovered from the man's vehicle, police added.

They said the suspect during an interview with investigators "revealed that he came to the establishment to self-investigate 'Pizza Gate' (a fictitious online conspiracy theory)," the police statement said.

Last month, media outlets including the Washington Post and New York Times, reported about death threats against the owner of the restaurant after internet postings said the restaurant was operating a child abuse ring led by Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and her top campaign aide.

Police said there was no active investigation of child abuse allegations there. The attack on Comet was considered an example of how fake news reports that proliferated during the election year affected people's lives.

A Reuters witness at the restaurant with his 1-year-old child said it was crowded when the gunman entered, with many families dining.

The Reuters witness who was inside Comet at around 3 p.m. ET (2000 GMT) said he was paying his bill when he saw a man entering the restaurant's front door. "It appeared to us he had a long rifle with him. We scattered," he said.

(Reporting by Richard Cowan and Peter Cooney; Editing by Mary Milliken)
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2017, 04:32:45 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: