End Times and Current Events
April 19, 2024, 06:26:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The ObamaGATE

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The ObamaGATE  (Read 20201 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: December 12, 2015, 09:01:23 pm »

This is your tax dollars at work

The Deputy Assistant Secretary for the Office of Screening Coordination in the Department of Homeland Security had one job Thursday: answer questions about the review of Syrian refugees.

She couldn’t do it.

“I would like to see if you could give us some numbers, so that the committee and the American people have this information,” Ohio U.S. Rep. Jim Jordan, co-chairman of a joint subcommittee hearing on “Terrorism and the Visa Waiver Program,” told senior DHS employee Kelli Ann Burriesci yesterday.

In a 5 minute exchange posted to YouTube, he questioned: “How many Syrian refugees have entered the United States in the last year?”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t bring any of the refugee numbers with me, because I was prepared to talk about visa waiver, but I can certainly have us send that to you,” she replied.

“Do you know how many Americans have traveled to Syria in the last year?” Jordan pressed.

“I don’t have that number on me either,” Burriesci said.

Jordan: “So don’t know how many Americans have traveled and then returned?”

“I don’t have that number on me,” she said.

“How many visa program overstays are there currently in the United States?” Jordan asked.

Burriesci: “Sorry, I didn’t bring that number with me.”

The exchange clearly frustrated lawmakers.

Jordan: “Ms. Burriesci, when I look at the witness list, you have the longest title: Deputy Assistant Secretary Screening Coordination Office of Policy Department of Homeland Security. … It says screening coordination, now what screening are you coordinating? Is that inter agency or intra agency?”

Burriesci: “It’s both.”

“And the two biggest issues we’re dealing with right now, we had these terrible tragedies, these terrible terrorist attacks, and we’re talking about the refugee issue and the visa waiver program issue, and you can’t give us any numbers on either program?” Jordan questioned.

Burriesci: “So I came prepared to talk about the visa waiver program …”

Jordan cut her off there: “I just asked you how many visa program overstays are there and you said I don’t know.”

Burriesci: “Sir, I don’t have a number.”

“So when I ask you how many overstays of the visa waiver program may have traveled to Syria before they got here, do you know that number?” Jordan continued.

The question prompted Burriesci to attempt to steer the conversation into the details of the program, but Jordan wasn’t having it.

“Do we know if that person who’s here today, maybe not even on an overstay, do we know if that person has been to Syria before they came to the United States? Do we know that?” he questioned.

“ … I don’t know …,” Burriesci replied.

After a brief exchange, a frustrated Jordan tried to coax other information.

“How many American citizens are on the no-fly list right now? Can you give me that number?” he asked.

“I know there are American citizens on the list. It is an extremely small number, but I don’t have my numbers with me …,” Burriesci said.

Jordan summarized, according to BizPac Review:

“Ms. Burriesci, I’ve asked you the number of American’s who’ve traveled to Syria, you don’t know. The number of Americans who may have traveled and returned, you don’t know. The number of Syrian refugees who’ve entered the country in the last year, you don’t know. The number of visa waiver program overstays, you don’t know. The number of visa waiver overstays who may have been to Syria before they came here, you don’t know. And the number of American citizens on the no-fly list and you don’t know. And yet you are the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Screening Coordination, Office of Policy, Department of Homeland Security in front of the oversight committee and you can’t give us one single number to some, I think, pretty basic questions?”

Burriesci, a 1997 graduate of Binghamton University, struggled with other simple questions, as well.

U.S. Rep. Jason Chaffetz, of Utah, also tried to pry out information to no avail, according to a video posted to YouTube.

She couldn’t explain whether most people come into the country by plane or by vehicle or on foot, how the department tracks those who leave by car, the number of people who have come in legally and overstayed, the departments or agencies that have access to the list of people who overstay, the databases the list is entered into, or how DHS asses potential threats among those who overstay.

Chaffetz pointed out that the subcommittee never requested to speak with Burriesci to begin with, and made it clear her non-answers to important national security questions aren’t going to fly.

“The request we sent was for (DHS Secretary) Jay Johnson, and Jay Johnson sent you as the expert on these topics, so this is why I think … Mr. Johnson, the secretary himself, needs to come answer these questions,” he said.

“You strike me as a very nice person, but these are basic questions about the functionality here and when we’re having a congressional hearing it is a waste of this committee’s time to send somebody who doesn’t know the answers to very basic questions,” Chaffetz continued. “ … You are accelerating the need to have multiple hearings on this.”

This spring, Burriesci discussed her role in DHS with Pipe Dream, “Binghamton University’s oldest and largest student newspaper.”

“I work on policies that facilitate the travel of individuals to the United States,” she said proudly in March. “The legitimate issuant of immigration benefits and policy that deters bad guys that threaten the United States.”

Ironically, Burriesci touted her experience and “preparedness” for the 30-something’s blazing-fast path through the ranks of the department.

“People tell me I’m lucky, but luck is when preparedness meets opportunity,” Burriesci said. “I was prepared to step up to the role. I knew my job and had the management skills needed if the opportunity was offered to me.”

http://www.infowars.com/video-homeland-refugee-screening-coordinator-cant-answer-basic-questions-about-program/
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: