End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 10:59:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Atheism is a religion

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atheism is a religion  (Read 6424 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2016, 12:20:22 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2016, 01:40:28 pm »

http://cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/ray-comfort-cant-trust-atheists-power-they-caused-110-million-deaths-one
Ray Comfort: Can't Trust Atheists in Power -- They 'Caused 110 Million Deaths' in One Century
7/11/16

Asked to comment on Amercans' dislike of atheists and that no avowed atheist has ever served as president of the United States, evangelist Ray Comfort explained that atheists cannot be trusted with political power because they have no "moral high ground to stand on," and added that in the last 100 years, atheist leaders have killed more than 110 million people worldwide.

On the July 5 Janet Meffered radio show, the host asked Comfort, “It’s so interesting to note how many Americans like atheists the least of any religious group. How does this issue play into the fact we don’t have any atheist members of Congress and we’ve never had an atheist president?”

Comforst said, “Well, a lot of you have heard the saying that religion has caused more wars than anything.  That’s a favorite of atheists. And it just isn’t true."

"According to the encyclopedia, of all that’s published, in 2004, there’s been 1,763 wars up until 2004 – 1,763 in history," said Comfort. "Only 8 percent were religious wars, and 2/3 of the 8 percent were in the name of Islam. So, 92 percent of the wars in history have been more political in nature, like the first world war, the second world war, Vietnam war, Korea – not religious wars."

"So, when were talking wars, atrocities, and deaths, Atheists have caused 110 million deaths in the last hundred years," said Comfort.  "Stalin, 60 million, he was an atheist. Mao, 40 million, and he was an atheist. Pol Pot, 1.7 million, he was an atheist. Vladimir Lenin, 5 million people slaughtered, he was an atheist."

Comfort continued, “And so when people realize that, you can’t trust an atheist in a position of authority, especially politically. They may be nice people when you meet them in the street."

"But you give them power to do what they want and carry out their own agendas," he said,  "and you’re going to find that they don’t have any moral high ground to stand on because they’re not standing on any whatsoever.”

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2016, 05:25:28 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2016, 10:16:17 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2016, 09:46:59 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2016, 03:41:26 am »

"Having to prove the existence of God to an atheist is like having to prove the existence of the sun, at noon on a clear day. Yet millions are embracing the foolishness of atheism. “The Atheist Delusion” pulls back the curtain and reveals what is going on in the mind of those who deny the obvious. It introduces you to a number of atheists who you will follow as they go where the evidence leads, find a roadblock, and enter into a place of honesty that is rarely seen on film.

From Living Waters, creators of the award-winning TV program “The Way of the Master” and the hit movies “180” and “Evolution vs. God,” comes the powerful film “The Atheist Delusion.” Executive produced by TV co-host and best-selling author Ray Comfort (Hell’s Best Kept Secret, Scientific Facts in the Bible)."
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2016, 07:56:05 am »

I added this to my "Watch Later" list on Youtube, but forgot about it. Thank you for this reminder - I too want to watch this.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2016, 05:48:30 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2017, 08:32:59 pm »

Atheist Mocks Bible, Praises ‘Trinity of Science’ in Invocation Before Iowa Legislature

A professing atheist recently delivered an opening invocation before the Iowa House of Representatives, in which he promoted atheistic ideals and converted a well-known Old Testament passage into a secular “prayer.”

The Iowa House has a longstanding tradition of opening its meetings with prayers, which are typically offered by local pastors. However, on Wednesday, Justin Scott of the Eastern Iowa Atheists organization delivered what was reportedly the first ever atheistic invocation before the House.

“Instead of closing your eyes and bowing your heads today, please keep your heads up and your eyes open to be fully alert in this moment,” Scott began.

“As you convene here in the people’s House, let me implore this body to invoke the holy trinity of science,” he continued. “Made up of reason, observation, and experience, this trinity has allowed humanity to explore the deep reaches of space, develop life-saving medicines, and vastly improve the human experience.”

“This body should be able to tackle the many difficult issues facing the great people of the state of Iowa without allowing confirmation bias, cognitive dissonance, or intellectual dishonesty to blindly guide positions and votes,” he added.

Scott, who is a self-employed Iowa native, went on to contrast the “trinity of science” with religious dogma and claimed that truth propels evolution forward.

“The trinity I invoke today isn’t rooted in any kind of doctrine or dogma,” he stated. “In its pursuit of truth, it doesn’t care what our feelings are or what our deeply held beliefs are on a particular issue. Truth can sometimes be uncomfortable, but it plays a large part in the ongoing evolution of our species.”

“There’s only one catch with this kind of trinity, though,” Scott said. “It only works if you’re willing to change your opinions on issues if it delivers an outcome that doesn’t align with your deeply held beliefs. This is especially worth remembering as all of you are entrusted to uphold and maintain the dignity and bodily autonomy of all Iowans, regardless of their worldview, sexual orientation, gender identity, or even political ideology.”

He then urged the legislators to embrace the secular trinity.

“Refusing to accept what the evidence says has real world implications for all Iowans,” he said. “Incorporating this trinity today, tomorrow, and every day, you do the work of the people, which will allow you to do the most good for the most Iowans.”

At the end of his invocation, Scott mimicked the prayer God gave to Moses in Numbers 6, replacing biblical terms with secular ones.

“In closing, let this trinity guide you and protect you,” he said. “May this trinity inspire you and be honest to you. May this trinity lift up the truth upon you and give you peace. Thank you.”

Immediately following the invocation, Scott abstained from participating in the Pledge of Allegiance, reportedly to show support for atheists who do not participate in saying the pledge.

On their Facebook page, Eastern Iowa Atheists described the invocation as “historic” and said the message was “dedicated to the atheists whose voices were never heard due to fear of rejection, harassment, retaliation and discrimination.”

http://christiannews.net/2017/04/10/atheist-mocks-bible-praises-trinity-of-science-in-invocation-before-iowa-legislature/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2017, 07:25:49 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
TheCuriousAtheist

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2017, 12:37:17 pm »

Atheism is a religion

Hello my beloved atheist flock,
Behold. Atheism is a religion.

Proof:A religion is a set of laws, like the bible has the 10 commandments, Islam and Judaism has its laws.

Laws of atheism:
1. There is no god.
2. Anyone who believes in a god is stupid/dumb.
3. Science is the answer
4. Mr. Dawkins, Ron Hubbard and Charles Darwin are the "three wise men" of the RELIGION of ATHEISM.
5. There is no bigotry of a persons sexual orientation.and lots more...

A religion requires faith.Atheism has an absolute faith that there is no god, heaven or hell.

A religion requires devoutness.A devout atheist believes in his/her religion of atheism and will therefore not mix with "UNBELIEVERS", such as religiots. Nor believe their drivel or be convinced by it.

Also the true "RELIGIOUS ATHEIST" has no fear of the fire of hell. What a relief. No braai when we die.

A "Religion" has either a god/diety or prophet or both that started it. And for the all mighty atheist faith it was Mr. Dawkins. The prophet. But no god (notice no capital "g") required in this religion.

And finally we don't have to blow ourselves up to get to a nonexistent paradise above. We don't have to whip ourselves and repent.

By the way, us atheists get baptized every day when we have a bath or a shower. So we don't need to be baptized, cause every day we do it. So our "nonexistent sins" are washed away.

BELIEVE IN THE "RELIGION OF ATHEISM".

Repent from "theism" and be baptized.

Written by Atheist pastor, Peter The Romanaka. PETRUS ROMANUS

http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/Atheism-is-a-religion-20130531

I'm going to answer all of this from the point of a atheist, I am aware that the post is from another website. (as I see it before the events of my first thread on this forum). And then I refer to my first thread on why I am confused and considering if I have been wrong all this time.

As in I am going to play "devils advocate".

1. I agree with. That is what I myself am confused about if I really was right or not (see my first thread on this forum).
2. I did not really care what people thought, therefor I rarely said anything. But I'd just say "crazy" if people asked.
3. Since god won't pop down from heaven and show us with all our senses, yes science is one of the few ways we could describe reality. For me it was this way until something happened, again I refer to my first thread.
4. You mean L Ron Hubbard? The one who literally created a religion right? Could hardly believe that someone who starts a religion could be celebrated as a atheist. The other two mentioned I do not doubt that some would care as much as to call them forefronts. But Mr Hubbard (If it is the same person I am thinking about), hardly.

I agree with the rest regarding faith. And the point about "Not Mixing with unbelievers" is ironic and hypocritical. Do not criticize something that you yourself do.

the rest is just honestly a bunch of sarcasm and drivel. And I did not know "bum in the sticks" as I "used to" call Fundamental Christians actually had a sense of humor, nor sarcasm.

Two prominent atheist organizations are urging an investigation into a Christian science teacher for teaching “both sides of the argument” surrounding evolution, as they believe that he should not be permitted to do so.

Okay saw this while looking at other responses for the thread. This is beyond insane, if you present two sides, maybe even 3 sides of a argument. And encourage your pupils to discuss it. That is truly the definition of a good teacher and breed intelligent and critically thinking pupils. Wanting that shut down reminds me of universities who ban right wingers for hate speech while advocating that people should hate whites. Or Muslims who preach "peace" but then blow themselves up in the name of their god to kill people.

I really hope this is just a fringe case. Because this is casting some serious doubts about my own thinking. Truly this is like one half thinks Bible is a bunch of bs and the other thinks it's logical, even if it sometimes sounds like out of a fantasy book. This requires further thinking.

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2018, 03:02:25 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: