End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 07:31:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Rob Bell Satans Pastor

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rob Bell Satans Pastor  (Read 15115 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2011, 06:30:54 am »

Christian author's book sparks charges of heresy
By Eric Marrapodi, CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Rob Bell, a pastor and author who has achieved rock star status in the Christian world, is preaching a false gospel, his critics say. And some of those critics are Christian rock stars in their own right.

The pastor of Mars Hill Bible Church in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Bell has authored a book called Love Wins: A Book About Heaven, Hell, and the Fate of Every Person Who Ever Lived, which ignited a firestorm of controversy over the weekend, weeks before it arrives in bookstores.

On Saturday, in a blog post on the popular Christian website The Gospel Coalition, Justin Taylor blasted Bell's new book, out March 29, for teaching "false doctrine":

I’m glad that Rob Bell has the integrity to be lay [sic] his cards on the table about universalism. It seems that this is not just optimism about the fate of those who haven’t heard the Good News, but (as it seems from below) full-blown hell-is-empty-everyone-gets-saved universalism.

Universalism, in its broadest terms, preaches that everyone goes to heaven and that there is no hell. Critics say it represents a break from traditional Christianity, which they say holds that heaven and hell are very real places. In most Christian circles, universalism is a dirty word.

rest: http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/01/what-is-a-heretic-exactly-in-the-evangelical-church/
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 06:22:31 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

akfools
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 07:02:41 pm »

Rob Bell: Universalist?

February 26, 2011

John Piper once wisely wrote, “Bad theology dishonors God and hurts people. Churches that sever the root of truth may flourish for a season, but they will wither eventually or turn into something besides a Christian church.”

It is unspeakably sad when those called to be ministers of the Word distort the gospel and deceive the people of God with false doctrine.

But it is better for those teaching false doctrine to put their cards on the table (a la Brian McLaren) rather than remaining studiously ambiguous in terminology.

So on that level, I’m glad that Rob Bell has the integrity to lay his cards on the table about  universalism. It seems that this is not  just optimism about the fate of those who haven’t heard the Good News, but (as it seems from below) full-blown hell-is-empty-everyone-gets-saved universalism.

Here is HarperCollins’s description [2] of his next book, Love Wins: Heaven, Hell, and the Fate of Every Person Who Ever Lived [3].

Fans flock to his Facebook page, his NOOMA videos have been viewed by millions, and his Sunday sermons are attended by 10,000 parishioners—with a downloadable podcast reaching 50,000 more. An electrifying, unconventional pastor whom Time magazine calls “a singular rock star in the church world,” Rob Bell is the most vibrant, central religious leader of the millennial generation. Now, in Love Wins: Heaven, Hell, and the Fate of Every Person Who Ever Lived, Bell addresses one of the most controversial issues of faith—the afterlife—arguing that a loving God would never sentence human souls to eternal suffering. With searing insight, Bell puts hell on trial, and his message is decidedly optimistic—eternal life doesn’t start when we die; it starts right now. And ultimately, Love Wins.

I haven’t read the whole book yet and was hesitant to say something based on the publisher’s description (which usually isn’t written by the author). But this video from Bell himself shows that he is moving farther and farther away from anything resembling biblical Christianity:

Update: Thanks for all of you who have weighed in. I cannot respond to each comment, so I thought this might be the best way to make a few points.

1) One of the things I get criticized for is having comments in the first place, but this is a place where you can tell me if you think I’ve done things wrong or in the wrong way. I want to be open to correction, and this is one forum by which to do it.

2) I updated a couple of things on the original post. First, I deleted “seems to” with regard to Bell’s moving farther away from biblical Christianity. Second, I changed “unambiguous about his universalism” to “lay his cards on the table about universalism.” Third, I deleted the 2 Cor. 11:14-15 reference at the end. I do think it’s important to recognize the biblical theme that false teachers look like cuddly sheep and like angels of light. But let’s wait for the book so we can see all his cards laid out on the table.

3) I have not read all of Bell’s book, though I have read some chapters that were sent to me. When the book is published there will be detailed reviews, and I will link to them. I think that the publisher’s description combined with Bell’s video is sufficient evidence to suggest that he thinks hell is empty and that God’s love (which desires all to be saved) is always successful. I should have been more careful in my original post not to imply that Bell is definitely a universalist. He may believe that some people go out of existence and are not thereby saved. The materials I have seen sound more like universalism though (note it sounds like no one goes to hell, and that the title promises to talk about the fate of everyone who has ever lived, which sure sounds like it’s the same for everyone).

4) I highly doubt that this is a mere marketing stunt or that Bell is merely asking questions or playing Devil’s Advocate. If it turns out that the full book is diametrically opposed to his publisher’s description and to the conclusions he wants you to reach in the video, I will make that clear on this blog.

5) If Bell is teaching that hell is empty and that you can reject Jesus and still be saved, he is opposing the gospel and the biblical teaching of Jesus Christ. You may think that’s judgmental to say that; I think it’s being faithful. I would encourage a careful study of 1 Timothy to see what Paul says about false teaching and teachers.

6) For those who are not regular readers of this blog and think that the perspective advocated here is totally out to lunch, you may want to check out Kevin DeYoung’s post, “To Hell with Hell [4],” which gives a nice brief summary on the importance of understanding the wrath of God. As H. Richard Niebuhr wrote 75 years ago, too often we want “a God without wrath brought men without sin into a kingdom without judgment through the ministrations of a Christ without a cross,” (Kingdom of God in America [1937], p. 193). Also see Denny Burk’s post where he seeks to answer [5] Bell’s questions from a biblical perspective.

7) Let’s remember to pray. Rob Bell needs to know and teach the liberating gospel of grace—including that Christ absorbed the Father’s wrath on behalf of those who trust in him and repent of their sins. And there are tens of thousands of folks who look to Rob Bell as a biblical teacher and leader. May God give much mercy.

Update 2: Announcement from The Gospel Coalition [6]:

Rob Bell’s forthcoming book Love Wins has already raised perennial questions about universalism, exclusivism, the love of God, and heaven and hell. So what does the Bible say about these weighty matters? What did Jesus himself say? And what’s the best way to relate this teaching to a skeptical culture?

Don Carson and others will address these questions in a special session just added to The Gospel Coalition’s national conference [7] in Chicago, April 12 to 14. A panel that follows Carson’s address will field questions from the audience.

Update 3: Kevin DeYoung has a helpful post [8] about whether or not (1) I needed to go to Rob Bell first before airing public criticism, and (2) I needed to remain silent until Rob Bell’s book is published.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article from Justin Taylor: http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/justintaylor

URL to article: http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/justintaylor/2011/02/26/rob-bell-universalist/

URLs in this post:

[1] here: http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/kevindeyoung/files/2011/03/LoveWinsReview.pdf

[2] description: http://www.harpercollins.com/books/Love-Wins-Rob-Bell/?isbn=9780062049636

[3] Love Wins: Heaven, Hell, and the Fate of Every Person Who Ever Lived: http://www.amazon.com/Love-Wins-About-Heaven-Person/dp/006204964X/

[4] To Hell with Hell: http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/kevindeyoung/2011/02/26/to-hell-with-hell/

[5] answer: http://www.dennyburk.com/rob-bell-outs-himself/

[6] The Gospel Coalition: http://thegospelcoalition.org/

[7] national conference: http://thegospelcoalition.org/conferences/2011/

[8] a helpful post: http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/kevindeyoung/2011/02/28/bell-brouhaha/

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 09:02:51 am »

‘Love Wins’ Pastor Caught Off Guard by Controversy

Evangelical megachurch pastor Rob Bell says he was caught off guard by the condemnation his new book has received from leaders in the Christian community.

Standing before an audience of about 1,600 at Nashville's Belmont University, Bell said the last several weeks had been the "most painful" of his life.

"It has taken me to a place of profound brokenness," said Bell, who pastors the 10,000-member Mars Hill Bible Church in Grand Rapids, Mich.

Love Wins: Heaven, Hell, and the Fate of Every Person Who Ever Lived, released March 29, challenges the traditional Christian belief that few will enter Heaven.

"Will only a few select people make it into Heaven and will billions of people burn forever in Hell?" Bell asks in a promotional video of his book, recently released by publisher HarperOne. "And if that's the case, how do you become one of the few?"  Watch the video here.

Bell insists it was never his intent to stir controversy, but to bring focus back to a message he suggests has got lost in dogma -- the love of God.     

"I kept meeting religious people who were incredibly dogmatic about heaven and hell when you die but didn't seem to care about the fact that 8 million people will go to bed hungry tonight," Bell explained.

Bell denies charges that his book promotes a universalist theology - the belief that everyone, regardless of belief, will be saved by God.

"No, if by universalist we mean there's a giant cosmic arm that swoops everybody in at some point whether you want to be there or not," he told The Christian Post.

"That violates the laws of love and love is about freedom," he explained. "It's about choice; it's about do you want to be there? Because that's what would make it heaven."

According to the Associated Press, Bell says hell is something freely chosen that already exists on earth.

"Apparently this is a pastor who has written a book who has grown uncomfortable contending for the faith," CBN chaplain and Regent University theology professor Joel Palser said. "He is no longer able to defend what the Bible says and has endeavored to make that more palatable to modern culture."

"It may be trendy and it might sell a lot of books, but in fact Jesus speaks very clearly about heaven and hell," Palser added.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2011/April/Love-Wins-Pastor-Caught-Off-Guard-by-Controversy/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 10:15:25 am »

Well of course Rob Bell gets the cover to TIME.

Is Hell Dead?
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2065080-1,00.html

Reading through this i came to this quote that should catch the eye of any Christian worth his salt in the word.

"I have long wondered if there is a massive shift coming in what it means to be a Christian," Bell says. "Something new is in the air."

WOW!!! Can you guess where im going next? Especially with everything we now know about Rob Bell?

1Ti 4:1  Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

How does it feel Rob, to be fulfilling prophecy? THE WRONG WAY!!!!!

"When we get to what happens when we die, we don't have any video footage," says Bell. "So let's at least be honest that we are speculating, because we are."

I mean it just keeps coming. This statement here just screams that Rob is NOT a born again Christian. He is 100% deceiving devil. We are speculating? we dont know? Jesus came back after 3 days!!! We have the Spirit to affirm what we hear and read, and Rob you are denying Jesus with that statement.

If you are a part of Robs MARS HILL Church, GET OUT NOW

Rev 18:4  And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Music, not the church, was his first consuming passion. (His wife Kristen claims he said he wanted to be a pastor when they first met early on at Wheaton College in Illinois. Bell is skeptical: "I swear to this day that that was a line.") He and some friends started a band when he was a sophomore. "I had always had creative energy but no outlet," he says. "I really discovered music, writing and playing, working with words and images and metaphors. You might say the music unleashed a monster."

It does appear that way Rob. Maybe you should have stopped listening to that stuff?

Fair enough, but let's be honest: religion heals, but it also kills. Why support a supernatural belief system that, for instance, contributed to that minister in Florida's burning of a Koran, which led to the deaths of innocent U.N. workers in Afghanistan?

"I think Jesus shares your critique," Bell replies. "We don't burn other people's books. I think Jesus is fairly pissed off about it as well."

Hey Rob, i know its hard for you to understand Biblical concepts, but Jesus is God who is the Holy Ghost!! It was Jesus that wrote all those commandments to burn others temples and idols. To throw them all down and break each one. I think Jesus is pissed Rob, i think he is really pissed at devils leading his flock astray, and he has a very special reward for them.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 08:23:17 pm »

Rob Bell goes off the deep end

A few years ago I overheard some friends talking about a new minister named Rob Bell.  They were watching some of his videos online and when I asked what they were doing, they told me...before following it up with, "But we don't think you'd probably care for him too much."

Frankly, they weren't terribly far off in that assessment.  Please understand I don't know Rob Bell and I'm sure he's a delightful and warm and genuine person.  But the reason my friends felt that I wouldn't "care for him" was because they knew I'd have bigger problems than just the fact that he was of the hipster emerging church movement: the jeans-wearing, un-tucked shirt school of latte-sipping gospel spreading.  Though it's not my style, I can deal with that. My preferences are just that...preferences...so long as it's the true gospel that's being spread.

But I've always feared that too often a casual attitude demonstrated in approaching the throne of God reflects a casual attitude about the holiness and authority of who sits on that throne.  With Rob Bell, such a concern is seemingly validated.

A recent TIME Magazine profile explains Bell's disastrous decision to blaspheme the Word of God and consequently lead an untold number of congregants who follow him -- rather than Christ -- down a destructive path.  The TIME piece begins by telling the opening story of Bell's new book, Love Wins.  In the account, Bell has an art show at his church that includes a piece quoting Gandhi.  Someone who attended the show posted a note on the piece that said, "Reality Check: Gandhi is in Hell."

Now, I can certainly appreciate Bell being concerned about the lack of tact.  But what I can't understand is any minister who supposedly holds to the authority of Scripture using this incident as the impetus to begin preaching something fundamentally opposed to Christian doctrine:

He suggests that the redemptive work of Jesus may be universal -- meaning that, as his book's subtitle puts it, "every person who ever lived" could have a place in heaven, whatever that turns out to be. Such a simple premise, but with Easter at hand, this slim, lively book has ignited a new holy war in Christian circles and beyond.

For those who might be confused as to the significant danger of this "holy war," Dr. Albert Mohler put it plainly:

"When you adopt universalism and erase the distinction between the church and the world," says Mohler, "then you don't need the church, and you don't need Christ, and you don't need the cross. This is the tragedy of nonjudgmental mainline liberalism, and it's Rob Bell's tragedy in this book too."

Precisely.  And the reason "tragedy" is such an appropriate term is that this failure doesn't involve just Bell and his own family.  It includes countless families that have trusted him with their spiritual guidance.  This unfolding disaster reflects undoubtedly why Scripture warns those who teach and preach to be wary -- for they will be judged more harshly than others.

But Bell doesn't appear overly worried about his judgment...or, more frighteningly, anyone else's for that matter.  His own words betray his greater interest may be accumulating earthly accolades -- becoming the leader of what he perceives as a great Christian revolution:

"I have long wondered if there is a massive shift coming in what it means to be a Christian," Bell says. "Something new is in the air."

What arrogance.  No Rob, there is no shift coming in "what it means to be a Christian."  You may be successful in diminishing the number of people who adhere to biblical Christianity, or who regard all Scripture as God-breathed. But no mortal -- no matter how many people fill his parking lot (something Bell bizarrely boasts about in this piece) -- will alter the immortal meaning of being a disciple of Christ.

And I would implore Rob Bell to take a good sniff at that smell that is "in the air."  It's nothing new at all.  It's the same, tired old stench of false teaching.  Consider:

He believes in Jesus' atonement; he says he is just unclear on whether the redemption promised in Christian tradition is limited to those who meet the tests of the church.

Tests of the church?  Where did this man get his theological training?  It becomes clear from this statement that Bell is one who, consciously or not, rejects the infallibility of Scripture and the inerrancy of God's Word.  Much as Bell might love to tuck Love Wins right in there between Galatians and Ephesians, the Word stands alone -- and if one can ignore the exclusive nature of the Gospel message (meaning while open to all, the narrow path is reserved for only those who choose it), interpreting it away for some universalist, liberal doctrine that soothes itching ears, what prevents one from doing the same with any sticky or uncomfortable teaching of Scripture?

Even the TIME writer gets the problem:

[T]o take away hell is to leave the church without its most powerful sanction. If heaven, however defined, is everyone's ultimate destination in any event, then what's the incentive to confess Jesus as Lord in this life? If, in other words, Gandhi is in heaven, then why bother with accepting Christ? If you say the Bible doesn't really say what a lot of people have said it says, then where does that stop? If the verses about hell and judgment aren't literal, what about the ones on adultery, say, or homosexuality? Taken to their logical conclusions, such questions could undermine much of conservative Christianity.

Drop the intentionally misleading word "conservative," and that assessment is about spot-on.  This has been the tactic we Christians have had to protect ourselves against coming from the world.  They have sought to call into question certain biblical teachings, and we have resisted by stressing that once you relinquish the inerrancy of one portion of the Word, who is to stop another from calling into question the plan of salvation itself?  To our horror we have now found that questioning taking place by one of our own.  This isn't an outside assault against biblical authority.  It's internal subterfuge -- a mutiny from within.

Bell is later quoted as saying it is fair to speculate about heaven and hell because no one has sent back video footage of what happens after we die, so we don't know for sure.

If you needed more proof of Bell's sorry confusion, his arrogant willingness to boldly mislead, or his blasphemous undermining of the authority of Scripture, you need look no further.  A true disciple of Christ recognizes that we may not have video footage, but we do have the testimony of One who has seen both sides of the eternal divide -- One who conquered Hell to reign in Heaven.

It is He who said that no man comes to the Father except by Him, with no alternative Gandhi route mentioned. It is He that we are told represents the one name under heaven by which we must be saved. It is He that the most popular Bible passage of all time reminds us whosoever believeth in, shall live eternally.

And it is by His authority and His Word I choose to stake my life; not that of Rob Bell, who in the end -- despite undoubtedly earning earthly wealth and fame for doing so -- has accomplished nothing more than adding the latest chapter to the sorry text of humanism...and has willfully joined the lineage of those who have exchanged the truth of God for a lie.

Pray for "Pastor" Bell's repentance, and especially for those who he has permitted Satan to tragically lead astray through this false teaching.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Perspectives/Default.aspx?id=1333688
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 03:17:43 am »

They were watching some of his videos online and when I asked what they were doing, they told me...before following it up with, "But we don't think you'd probably care for him too much."

Interesting that my mother and I were discussing recently my sister's involvement at a Church of God and was telling me how my sister told my mother before they went one day to my sister's church that she may not like it because it's "different" than what shes used to! Needless to say, my sister is knee deep in "churchianity", and my sister and I haven't spoken in many years. She wasn't very receptive of what I had to say about her church group over 20 years ago. But then she's basically turned her back on all her family, not just me. No skin off my back, as my family are...

"And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it." Luke 8:21 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 09:48:49 am »

Hell Uproar Lands Rob Bell on Time's 100 Most Influential List

The recent debate over the existence of hell and who goes there is hotter than expected. It is such an incendiary argument, in fact, that it has landed the man who sparked the fire – Rob Bell – on Time magazine’s 2011 top 100 most influential people list.

Rob Bell, the Grandville, Mich., pastor who wrote Love Wins: A Book About Heaven, Hell, and the Fate of Every Person Who Ever Lived, is the only evangelical religious leader to make it on this year’s Time top 100 list, released on Thursday. In past years, Pastor Rick Warren and evangelical leader Richard Cizik have been included among the most influential people of the year.

Former Newsweek editor Jon Meacham, who wrote Time Magazine’s Easter special cover story “Is Hell Dead?”, describes Bell as “a master of social media” and an “evangelical pastor with a huge and growing young following” in a brief blurb about Bell.

“Wielding music, videos and a Starbucks sensibility, Bell is at the forefront of a rethinking of Christianity in America,” writes Meacham. “Traditionalists don’t like what they’re seeing, for Bell’s questions cut to the heart of a faith that requires what the poet Coleridge called a ‘wiling suspension of disbelief.’”

REST: http://www.christianpost.com/news/hell-uproar-lands-rob-bell-on-times-100-most-influential-list-49929/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 06:21:13 pm »

Who Will Go to Hell? Debate Ignites Christian Firestorm

Video: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/rob-bells-book-love-wins-ignites-hot-debate/story?id=13417436&page=1

Literal hell is a gruesome place, a worm-infested trash heap where children are sacrificed to the flames, according to the Bible, and for those who don't accept salvation or who sin against God, it's forever.

But now, Rob Bell, a young, charismatic pastor at Mars Hill Bible Church in Grand Rapids, Mich., suggests that hell doesn't mean eternal damnation. In other words, sinners would get a second chance to weasel their way into God's good graces.

As the last day of Passover and Easter coincide on Sunday, Bell's new book, "Love Wins: A Book About Heaven, Hell and the Fate of Every Person Who Ever Lived," has ignited a firestorm in the evangelical world among those who believe that the hell of a wrathful God is the foundation of Christian faith.

"Nothing in the New Testament would suggest that hell is a place where people get more chances," said Scot McKnight, a professor of religion at North Park University in Chicago.

McKnight, a theologian, has written nine times on the topic in his blog, Jesus Creed, since the book was published last month, and each blog post has elicited 15,000 page views a day.

Bell has been accused of being a "universalist." Some critics have been downright vicious, calling the author and popular, 40-year-old preacher "a tool of Satan" and a "heretic."

"For them, it is so unfaithful to the Bible and the Christian tradition that it violates the truths of the Gospel," said McKnight, who writes about hell in "One Life."

"This is very big," he said. "Rob Bell has entered into the very deepest and most sacred themes of Christianity and called into question the way Christians have framed everything they believe in."

"Rob has challenged this the most by suggesting that hell is not eternal," he said. "He combined the doctrine of hell and purgatory and maybe everyone would go to heaven. It's temporary and people can continue to have the opportunity to have freedom."

Bell argues in his book, "Would a loving God send people to eternal torment forever?"

He also suggested that the pearly gates of heaven might be open to Jews, Muslims and Buddhists.

"Will only a few select people make it to heaven and will the rest burn in hell forever?" he asks. "And if that is the case, how do you become of these people? Is it what you believe or say or something happens in your heart or you are initiated and baptized. What is God like, because millions and millions of people are taught that God sends you to hell unless you believe in Jesus. ... Jesus rescues you from God. But what kind of a God do we need to be rescued from? How can God ever be trusted?"

Bell was in London on a lecture tour this week and was unavailable for comment. But The Christian Post quoted him as saying it was, "tough" being misunderstood, misread and "accused of all sorts of devious things," and he asked for more civil discourse on the book's topic.

Hell is described by Jesus in the New Testament as "Gehenna," a valley south of Jerusalem -- a destination of the wicked and a place where apostate Israelites sacrificed their children.

"Hell is a place of fire and a place of darkness and a place of destruction," according to McKnight. "Clearly, not all three are true. You can't have raging fires in a dark place, so these are images of pain and exclusion and diminishment. They are metaphoric images of the negative consequences of not turning to God. They are designed to warn people of living in sin and living apart from God.

"If everyone saved, then it's not the same," he said.

And then there is the question of morality. With another chance, will people behave? The foundation of morality is consequences. In parenting, education and jobs -- "there are a lot of things in life, where you get only one chance," said McKnight.

Trevin Wax, 30, another rising evangelical, argued that Bell's "judgmentless" God is no god at all.

"People who are upset with God for allowing suffering are the same people who are upset that God judges," said Wax, author of another new book, "Counterfeit Gospels: Rediscovering the Good News in a World of False Hope."

"You can't have it both ways," said Wax, editor of LifeWay Christian Resources in Nashville, Tenn., and a former associate Baptist pastor. "The God who purges evil has to declare something right and wrong. Judgment and justice are two sides of the same coin."

"What kind of 'love' is this?" he asked. "A god who is never angered at sin and who lets evil go by unpunished is not worthy of worship."

Bell writes that because God is merciful, those who don't believe in Christ will find their way to him in the end. All are saved except those who outright reject God's love.

That, said Wax, is contrary to 2,000 years of Christian teaching and is "biblically unsustainable."

The heaven-hell discussion is the "bird in the eco-system," said Wax, quoting another traditional Christian preacher, Tim Keller. "If it goes extinct, it throws off everything. People say you can have a disagreement on eternal punishment and everything else is OK. You really can't. The doctrine of hell ties into the magnitude of what sin and idolatry is, and if you take away eternal punishment, it diminishes God in the process."

"I don't remember a debate of this magnitude in the last 10 years," said Wax. "Maybe it's because Rob Bell is so popular a teacher and his videos are so enormously successful and he is pastor of a growing well-known church."

Another traditionalist said Bell's new rejection of a fire and brimstone god is actually prophesied in scripture.

Phil Hotsenpiller, pastor of the Friends Church in Yorba Linda, Calif., cited scripture that predicts "many false prophets" who will "depart from the faith."

Prior to the return of Christ, Hotsenpiller quoted 2 Timothy 4:2, 4: "the time will come will they will not endure sound doctrine but according to their own desires because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers and they will turn their ears aways from the truth, and be turned aside to fables."

Hotsenpiller, author of the graphic novel, "Armageddon Now," runs workshops on the apocalypse, which is described in Revelations.

He said that "spiritual disruptions" like Bell's reinterpretation of the Bible may be responsible for the unusual amount of global activity -- earthquakes, the financial crisis and nations aligning for mass destruction.

"I think he has departed and everyone knows it," said Hotsenpiller. "Everyone who I have talked to within Christianity -- and not the most conservative -- say Rob Bell has gone off the deep end.

"He is such a vocal mouthpiece," he said. "What if Billy Graham said there was no hell?"
Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 08:37:27 pm »

A month ago, the youth pastor at my church quoted Rob Bell in a positive light. However, this was BEFORE all this media hoopla over Bell's new book came about.

Anyhow, pt being that it seems like Bell's teachings may have infiltrated seminaries(this youth pastor is a seminary student). If indeed this is the case, I wonder why there's no outcry from all the seminary Presidents et al over this?
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 02:21:58 am »

I wonder why there's no outcry from all the seminary Presidents et al over this?

Do you honestly think that those seminary presidents know what sound doctrine even is? From the looks of the people they are graduating from those indoctrination camps, I'd say no, not a clue.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 06:07:07 am »

Friday, May 27, 2011

WHAT'S UP WITH HELL?

Host: Larry Spargimino
Guest: Jerry Guiltner

Many churches and pastors no longer talk about the reality of hell, even in passing. What has happened to our churches? Larry Spargimino and Jerry Guiltner point out what the Bible has to say about hell and why hell is important in Christian doctrine.

Bible in the News: Reasserting Federalism by Jerry Guiltner

http://srcwm.webcastcenter.com/src/src_052711.wma
Report Spam   Logged

pavelow

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 08:39:01 am »

« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 08:26:13 am by Dok » Report Spam   Logged

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Heb 13:5
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2011, 08:28:59 am »

Southern Baptists Affirm Resolution Rejecting Rob Bell’s View on Hell

Rejecting Rob Bell’s view on hell, Southern Baptists affirmed the historical biblical teaching on hell as an “eternal conscience punishment” in a resolution that was passed on the last day of the denomination’s annual meeting.

The resolution, entitled “Reality of Hell,” specifically mentions Rob Bell’s controversial book Love Wins. The book, released in March, criticizes the belief that a few Christians will spend eternity in heaven while everyone else is eternally punished in hell.

“Rob Bell, in his 2011 book, Love Wins, has called into question the church's historical teaching on the doctrine of eternal punishment of the unregenerate,” reads the resolution, which was introduced and passed Wednesday at the Southern Baptist Convention annual convention in Phoenix, Arizona.

The messengers to the SBC meeting voted to “hereby affirm our belief in the biblical teaching on eternal conscience punishment of the unregenerate in Hell.”

The three-paragraph resolution also urged Southern Baptists to hold fast to the teachings on the reality of hell and salvation found in Christ alone.

rest: http://www.christianpost.com/news/southern-baptists-affirm-resolution-rejecting-rob-bells-view-on-hell-51221/

The three-paragraph resolution also urged Southern Baptists to hold fast to the teachings on the reality of hell and salvation found in Christ alone.

Than you better be telling your people to throw out all modern pervisions as that is how Rob Bell came to this conclusion. You should be telling your people to get into the KJB and that alone.
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 03:02:23 pm »

Baptists use to be big KJB users. Their true colors are beginning to show more clearly.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2011, 08:09:06 pm »

What Does Rob Bell Think about the TNIV?

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=DDYYDLNX

p.s., please note that vid is put out by Zondervan Publishers.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2011, 05:20:22 pm »

Christian publishing company Zondervan has developed an app for “NOOMA,” a series of short films featuring the author of Love Wins Rob Bell, for mobile users of Apple’s iOS and Android platforms.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/rob-bells-nooma-videos-now-an-app-53123/

I need say nothing else....
Report Spam   Logged

Believer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2011, 07:31:38 pm »

Wow, I must be living under a rock because I have never heard of him or half of the preachers on this site.  lol.  I guess this can be a good thing.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2011, 07:49:18 pm »

Wow, I must be living under a rock because I have never heard of him or half of the preachers on this site.  lol.  I guess this can be a good thing.

dont feel bad, i dont know who most are either. not being raised in churchianity, but BA sure knows them all.  Cheesy  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Believer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2011, 08:16:28 pm »

dont feel bad, i dont know who most are either. not being raised in churchianity, but BA sure knows them all.  Cheesy  Wink

Well, I am guessing it is a good thing some of us do so that we will know if we ever come upon any of their writings, videos or sites.  I know that friend I was telling you about listens to them all and is always sending me stuff about them lately.  She is a brand new, born-again Christian...to the max right now.  lol.  I try to send her some of the things you guys post here to enlighten her to some truth and we try to have discussions of various topics in scripture.  I enjoy that but have to sort of ignore all the other stuff.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2011, 08:23:30 pm »

It was 3 years ago when I got layed off from my job, that I had more time to do some research on end times prophecy. I was always interested in it, but the only source I would go to was the tv and whatever devotionals my mom got from RBC et al(ie-in 2006 and 2007, CNN did extension coverage on end times prophecies. No, they didn't go in detail and the information coming out was controlled and full of half truths even though I didn't know it at the time).

Anyhow, when I started searching around on youtube 3 years ago, the heresies of Rick Warren and the Emergent Church just popped up in my lap, which lead me to one of the mainstream end times MB, where they had a whole forum discussing Apostasy in the church, including the infiltration of the Emergent Church. At first, I was quite surprised b/c my previous church yoked up with Purpose Driven, and even the Baptist Seminary President thought it was a great idea AND supposedly the pastor had all these great visions(including moving into a multi-million dollar church building).

Anyhow, not saying my getting layed off was good, however, more time on my hands ended up opening a whole new can of worms, and the Lord really got me to get into the word of God being the KJV(which eventually lead me to Scott's teachings and this MB). Prior to this, I just thought merely reading an NIV for 15 minutes or so every morning along with a quick prayer would do the trick for me.

Ultimately, I take no credit for this, as the Lord Jesus Christ has revealed it. And for that matter too, I get alot of the info on those message forums I discussed in the paragraph above, so it's not like I know all this off the top of my head.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2011, 08:26:54 pm »

Well, I am guessing it is a good thing some of us do so that we will know if we ever come upon any of their writings, videos or sites.  I know that friend I was telling you about listens to them all and is always sending me stuff about them lately.  She is a brand new, born-again Christian...to the max right now.  lol.  I try to send her some of the things you guys post here to enlighten her to some truth and we try to have discussions of various topics in scripture.  I enjoy that but have to sort of ignore all the other stuff.

That's the problem when I became born again for the first time in 2006 - it wasn't so much I read an NIV bible, but I put more emphasis on books and study devotionals(ie-Our Daily Bread). So it's as if I had this mindset that I needed some "coach" which is why I rationalized using secondary materials.

It was 2 years ago when the Lord really got me straight, and really got me to put the Authorized Version first at the forefront(and pretty much the only books I'll read are the ones like History of the Jesuits, and other stuff where you get to at least learn some of the tactics the enemy will come at you).

Maybe you might want to sit down with your friend and discuss this.
Report Spam   Logged
Believer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2011, 09:10:35 pm »

That's the problem when I became born again for the first time in 2006 - it wasn't so much I read an NIV bible, but I put more emphasis on books and study devotionals(ie-Our Daily Bread). So it's as if I had this mindset that I needed some "coach" which is why I rationalized using secondary materials.

It was 2 years ago when the Lord really got me straight, and really got me to put the Authorized Version first at the forefront(and pretty much the only books I'll read are the ones like History of the Jesuits, and other stuff where you get to at least learn some of the tactics the enemy will come at you).

Maybe you might want to sit down with your friend and discuss this.

I wish I could, BA.  I grew up with her and we are now miles apart.  We found each other on the internet and we created a special Bible Study group together and the members consist of just her and I.  I am enjoying her questions and her new found love for Christ but I am always in need of support (like here) to help steer her right concerning tv and internet evangelist, like I said, I am unaware of 99% of them.  When trying to steer her in the right direction, rather than point a finger, I try to ask her questions that will make her think and go to scripture.  I think she mistook this as me needing her direction in which she started sending me all sorts of links to evangelists sites and blogs.   Bless her heart!  We all take a different path, but hopefully leading to the same Lord Jesus!  I'm sticking it out with her and who knows what I will learn from too!

p.s. BA, thanks for all your investigative work concerning these false prophets!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2011, 04:25:13 am »

That is one of the most dangerous times for a new Christian, being that they are hungry for the Word of God, that they can be easily misled by these false teachers, and led right out of the Bible.

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2011, 04:26:22 am »

Ultimately, I take no credit for this, as the Lord Jesus Christ has revealed it. And for that matter too, I get alot of the info on those message forums I discussed in the paragraph above, so it's not like I know all this off the top of my head.

i was just saying you know a lot about these people, no worries.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2011, 06:15:10 am »

Rob Bell leaves Church for fields of Green... greenbacks that is...

'Love Wins' Author Rob Bell Tells Mars Hill His Departure Is 'No Surprise'

Rob Bell, pastor of Mars Hill Bible Church in Michigan, stood before his 7,000-member congregation Sunday to discuss his departure from the ministry he founded more than 12 years ago.

Telling Mars Hill Bible Church members that they would "be fine," Bell spent much of his half-hour sermon discussing the new calling he felt had been placed on his life to "share God's love" in new ways, according to ABC 13.

That new calling for his life involves moving his family to Los Angeles within the year to undertake several projects, which include penning more books and undertaking speaking engagements, such as his "Fit to Smash Ice Tour" in Canada and the U.S.

Bell, 41, also informed the Mars Hill congregation that he would not be starting a new church, WZZM 13 reports.

According to congregants who posted their reactions on Twitter, Bell's remarks were very emotional.

"To be honest with you, I thought I would die here, but that's not really the right way to say it... Change is a form of loss," Bell said, according to Heidi Fenton.

rest: http://www.christianpost.com/news/love-wins-author-rob-bell-tells-mars-hill-his-departure-is-no-surprise-56454/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2011, 08:54:13 am »

Rob Bell leaves Church for fields of Green... greenbacks that is...

'Love Wins' Author Rob Bell Tells Mars Hill His Departure Is 'No Surprise'

Rob Bell, pastor of Mars Hill Bible Church in Michigan, stood before his 7,000-member congregation Sunday to discuss his departure from the ministry he founded more than 12 years ago.

Telling Mars Hill Bible Church members that they would "be fine," Bell spent much of his half-hour sermon discussing the new calling he felt had been placed on his life to "share God's love" in new ways, according to ABC 13.

That new calling for his life involves moving his family to Los Angeles within the year to undertake several projects, which include penning more books and undertaking speaking engagements, such as his "Fit to Smash Ice Tour" in Canada and the U.S.

Bell, 41, also informed the Mars Hill congregation that he would not be starting a new church, WZZM 13 reports.

According to congregants who posted their reactions on Twitter, Bell's remarks were very emotional.

"To be honest with you, I thought I would die here, but that's not really the right way to say it... Change is a form of loss," Bell said, according to Heidi Fenton.

rest: http://www.christianpost.com/news/love-wins-author-rob-bell-tells-mars-hill-his-departure-is-no-surprise-56454/

Sounds like he's heading toward those underground bunkers in Denver this week. Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2011, 12:28:52 pm »

'Love Wins' Author Rob Bell to Co-Produce New 'Spiritual' Drama

Controversial author and pastor Rob Bell is teaming up with "Lost" co-creator Carlton Cuse to produce a new TV show called "Stronger," which is being described as an unusual spiritual drama and is reportedly loosely based on Bell's life.

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/delicious/gqlf/~3/BIIC5KPLrlI/

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2011, 01:05:00 pm »

'Love Wins' Author Rob Bell to Co-Produce New 'Spiritual' Drama

Controversial author and pastor Rob Bell is teaming up with "Lost" co-creator Carlton Cuse to produce a new TV show called "Stronger," which is being described as an unusual spiritual drama and is reportedly loosely based on Bell's life.

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/delicious/gqlf/~3/BIIC5KPLrlI/

The world loves its own...
Report Spam   Logged
PeanutGallery

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2011, 01:59:59 pm »

That's the problem when I became born again for the first time in 2006
Just Curious.
It was 2 years ago when the Lord really got me straight,
You were first born again in 2006; then born again two years ago?
Is that why you use BornAgain2?
I went through somewhat the same; I was saved using a catholic bible.
Later I backslid and He brought me back and led me to the KJB.
But I don't think I was born again twice.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2011, 02:17:26 pm »

Yeah, if you were born-again with the Holy ghost "the first time". then there is no second time. You were already saved and sealed. That "next time" was just you being snapped back in to the fold from walking after the flesh. We've ALL done it to some degree. It's the "Prodigal Son" syndrome!  Wink

"whether we live or die, we are the Lord's"
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: