End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 06:22:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Rob Bell Satans Pastor

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rob Bell Satans Pastor  (Read 15148 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2015, 06:53:15 am »

Pastor: Christianity Irrelevant if it Continues Quoting The Bible
Says church must accept homosexuality

Rob Bell, former megachurch pastor turned spiritual advisor to Oprah Winfrey, said that the culture is ready to embrace homosexuality and same-sex marriage and if the church hopes to stay relevant, it must accept those relationships and stop looking to the Bible as its best defense.

Bell was recently asked by Winfrey on her network's show, Super Soul Sunday, how close Christian churches are to accepting homosexuality. Bell said they are "close" and warned that if they don't, they will become even more irrelevant than before:

I think culture is already there and the church will continue to be even more irrelevant when it quotes letters from 2,000 years ago as their best defense, when you have in front of you flesh-and-blood people who are your brothers and sisters, and aunts and uncles, and co-workers and neighbors, and they love each other and just want to go through life with someone.

Winfrey stated the obvious: "You sound really progressive to me."

And that Bell is. He has long been dubbed a heretic by other Christian leaders for moving away from the Gospel message of salvation in Jesus Christ and into pop-psychology. His best selling books include, Love Wins and Sex God. Bell has also made waves by questioning the existence of Hell and a God of love that would condemn people to be there.

Before he moved to Los Angeles and teamed up with Oprah Winfrey, Bell was the pastor of the 10,000-member-strong Mars Hill Bible Church. He is no longer attending church and says he, his wife, and the group of friends they are "journeying with," are "churching" all the time in service to their surrounding communities.

Bell once said of Winfrey, "She has taught me more about what Jesus has for all of us, and what kind of life Jesus wants us to live, more than almost anybody in my life. Is she a Christian? That word has so much baggage, I wouldn’t want to answer for someone. When Jesus talks about the full divine life, you think, this is what he’s talking about."

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/pastor-christianity-irrelevant-if-it-continues-quoting-bible
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2015, 06:58:34 am »

I think culture is already there and the church will continue to be even more irrelevant when it quotes letters from 2,000 years ago as their best defense, when you have in front of you flesh-and-blood people who are your brothers and sisters, and aunts and uncles, and co-workers and neighbors, and they love each other and just want to go through life with someone.

Mal 3:6  For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2015, 06:03:31 am »

Rob Bell Suggests Bible Not Relevant to Today's Culture

Former Mars Hill church Pastor Rob Bell has been raising a lot of eyebrows for his evolving views about Christianity and the Bible.

Bell and his wife, Kristen, recently appeared with Oprah Winfrey on her "Super Soul Sunday" program, where he suggested the Bible is irrelevant to today's culture.

"We're moments away. I think the culture is already there. And the church will continue to be even more irrelevant when it quotes letters from 2,000 years ago as their best defense," he told Winfrey when asked about the Church embracing gay marriage.

His wife admitted that churches across the nation are still split on the issue, but added that those who maintain an orthodox view on homosexuality are "regressing."

"I think there are a lot of people, who as they see culture moving, their response is to dig in deeper, is to, like, hold their ground, fight against it," Kristen Bell said. "So I think that there are both things happening. There are churches that are moving forward into that area, and there are churches who are almost regressing and making it more of a battle."

Dr. R.C. Sproul, Jr., host of the "Jesus Changes Everything" podcast and a teaching fellow for Ligonier Ministries, said nothing could be further from the truth.

In fact, he said that by casting aside the Bible's relevance, Rob Bell has diminished his own relevance.

"The irony, of course, is that though he is sitting next to one of the most influential women of our day, Oprah Winfrey, though he is on national television making this claim, the irony is that this is how Rob Bell has made himself so unbelievably irrelevant," he said in a recent post.

"When we push against the Word of God which is an immovable rock, sooner or later we will find ourselves cursing the Word of God, and spitting on it. And that is where Rob Bell has found himself," he said.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2015/February/Rob-Bell-Suggests-Bible-Not-Relevant-to-Todays-Culture/
Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2015, 12:15:54 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2015, 06:07:41 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2015, 03:06:41 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2015, 03:12:08 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=36464
6 HORRIFIC FACTS ABOUT HELL THAT YOUR PASTOR NEVER TOLD YOU
Jimmy Randolph | October 19, 2015 | 8 Comments

GOD DIDN’T WANT YOU TO BURN IN HELL, THAT’S WHY HE SHED EVERY DROP OF BLOOD HE HAD. I DON’T WANT YOU TO BURN IN HELL, THAT’S WHY I’M WITNESSING TO YOU.

“But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.” Luke 12:5 (KJV)

What is the purpose and goal of NTEB? We exist to lead sinners to Christ, help prodigals come home, and to preach and stand for the truth of God’s word in last days of this age. Unfortunately however, there will be some readers of NTEB that will one day awake in a Devil’s Hell. I do not rejoice over this, but it is the sad reality. One of the reasons for this is that the vast majority of professing Christian churches in 2015 are no longer preaching on Hell. It upsets too many people, so most pastors just stopped talking about it. As a result, many people who mistakenly think they are saved because they are “good people” will wind up in a place that God never intended for them to go. Is that YOU?

6-horrific-facts-about-hell-you-need-to-know-sheol-hades-gehenna
“…And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments”
Some readers have already predetermined within themselves that they are going to trust in whatever their religion says to the very end, no matter what God’s word has to say about it: whether it’s commandment keeping for salvation, enduring to the end for salvation, tongue speaking, trusting in lying signs and wonders they’ve “seen”, water baptism regeneration for salvation, etc. Some readers will just simply not believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation. Once again, I do not rejoice over this. Maybe it’s not a reader. Maybe this article gets passed along to a lost relative, friend, or co-worker. Maybe this article gets read right before a lost man or woman goes out to celebrate the Devil’s holiday on the 31st.  I don’t know, but I pray that all will come to the Lord Jesus Christ as a broken sinner with no means of justification outside of the blood that Christ shed on Calvary’s cross for them; but this just won’t be the case for everyone.

Before you mark me as simply being negative, notice that both Moses and Joshua had similar views about the nation of Israel regarding their eventual refusal to heed God’s word:

“And the LORD said unto Moses, Behold, thou shalt sleep with thy fathers; and this people will rise up, and go a whoring after the gods of the strangers of the land, whither they go to be among them, and will forsake me, and break my covenant which I have made with them. Then my anger shall be kindled against them in that day, and I will forsake them, and I will hide my face from them, and they shall be devoured, and many evils and troubles shall befall them; so that they will say in that day, Are not these evils come upon us, because our God is not among us?”  Deuteronomy 31:16-17 (KJV)

“And the people answered and said, God forbid that we should forsake the LORD, to serve other gods; For the LORD our God, he it is that brought us up and our fathers out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage, and which did those great signs in our sight, and preserved us in all the way wherein we went, and among all the people through whom we passed: And the LORD drave out from before us all the people, even the Amorites which dwelt in the land: therefore will we also serve the LORD; for he is our God. And Joshua said unto the people, Ye cannot serve the LORD: for he is an holy God; he is a jealous God; he will not forgive your transgressions nor your sins. If ye forsake the LORD, and serve strange gods, then he will turn and do you hurt, and consume you, after that he hath done you good. And the people said unto Joshua, Nay; but we will serve the LORD.” Joshua 24:16-21 (KJV)

If you are saved and reading this, be sure to a) thank God for your salvation! And, b) be encouraged to witness to those lost around you. Time is so very short.

HERE ARE 6 HORRIFIC FACTS ABOUT HELL THAT YOU MIGHT WANT TO TAKE NOTE OF:

HORRIFIC FACT #1 – YOU DIDN’T HAVE TO GO TO HELL

I believe that one of the many reasons why God refers to atheists as fools (Psalms 14:1 KJV) is because only a fool would choose to burn in Hell when they didn’t have too. I mean seriously, what the heck are you doing down there?!? Did you not read where the Lord Jesus Christ specifically stated the Hell was prepared for the devil and his angels?

“Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:” Matt 25:41 (KJV)

Are you the Devil? No. Are you one of the Devil’s angels? No. Then WHAT ARE YOU DOING DOWN THERE?? God didn’t want you to burn in Hell, that’s why He shed every drop of blood he had. I don’t want you to burn in Hell that’s why I’m witnessing to you. The Devil wanted you to burn in Hell, but he couldn’t FORCE YOU to go. Why did you choose to go?? Talk about a mind-boggling question that will haunt you throughout eternity.

HORRIFIC FACT #2 – IN HELL, YOU’LL BE A MISFIT

What do Jacob Taylor Roberts, Elliot Rodger, and Asa Coon all have in common? Well on top of being Atheist active-shooters, all three of them decided to take the cowards’ way out after their mini-murder spree by committing suicide. Many ask why they would commit suicide. That answer is simple in my opinion. In the atheist worldview, after death there’s nothingness. Nothingness is a thousand times better than being a young white or Asian adolescent male in prison these days! You talk about being a misfit! How is a middle-class young male that had just about all the privileges and opportunities in life going to “fit in” with some of the world’s most hardened rapist, career criminals, gang members, serial murderers, habitual abusers, and sadist that are doing life in prison? You think that’s going to be some sort of walk in the park??

nteb-now-the-end-begins-gospel-tracts-street-preaching-ministry-christian-witnessing-jesus-christ-great-commission
Gospel tracts keep people out of Hell, order your box right now!
In eternity, you’re down in Hell with the Devil and his angels after you were given several chances throughout your life to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal savior. You think you’re going to get along with the devil and his angels down there?? You think you’ll have something in common with them?? They were damned since the book of Genesis with no plan of redemption like you had; what will they think of you whom God choose to manifest in the flesh for, paid your price for sins you committed and you refused it?? You’ll be an eternal misfit.

HORRIFIC FACT #3 – YOU’LL BE BURNING IN HELL AT LEAST 1000 YEARS BEFORE GOD JUDGES YOU

Once again, Rightly Dividing the word of truth shows up (2 Tim 2:15 KJV).  The Great White Throne Judgement does not occur until AFTER the Lord Jesus Christ 1000 year Millennial Reign on earth. Meaning that you’ll be burning in Hell for AT LEAST 1,000 years before God officially judges you face to face at the White Throne Judgement. Think about a lost sinner going to Hell at the age of 17, 27, 37, 49, 62, 99, or 100. What’s 100yrs on this earth compared to at least 1,000 years in Hell! That alone should make to want to repent and come to Christ!

HORRIFIC FACT #4 – HELL IS CURRENTLY LOCATED RIGHT BELOW YOUR FEET; IN THE HEART OF THE EARTH

As a lost sinner, do you know what will drop your soul to Hell after you die? It’s called gravity. Your sins have a weight to it (Heb 12:1 KJV). Your sins burden you down. When you breathe your last breath, that weight of sin is manifested upon your soul (Ezekiel 18:20 KJV) and your soul plunges down into Hell. You see, death for the lost is not like what the world’s movies show you on television. There are no demons that come up and have to fight with your soul to take you to Hell, it’s not like that. When a lost man dies, gravity continues to do what is always does. There is nothing inside that lost man to bring it up, he’s dead in trespasses and sins. The saved man however DOES have something inside him to bring him up to Heaven!

“But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.  But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.” Romans 8:9-11 (KJV)

HORRIFIC FACT #5 – NO SUCH THING AS ANNIHILATION

Contrary to what science, religion, or worldly education has taught you, there is no “nothingness” after death. There is also no such thing as “nothingness” in Hell. Don’t believe the religious heresies that come from Jehovah’s Witness or Seventh day Adventist that teaches you there is no literal fire in Hell and no eternal torment. They are both VERY REAL:

“And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.”  Mark 9:43-44 (KJV)

“And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham’s bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.” Luke 16:22-24 (KJV)

“And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.” Revelation 14:9-12 (KJV)

“Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Son of man, set thy face toward the south, and drop thy word toward the south, and prophesy against the forest of the south field; And say to the forest of the south, Hear the word of the LORD; Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will kindle a fire in thee, and it shall devour every green tree in thee, and every dry tree: the flaming flame shall not be quenched, and all faces from the south to the north shall be burned therein. And all flesh shall see that I the LORD have kindled it: it shall not be quenched. Then said I, Ah Lord GOD! they say of me, Doth he not speak parables?” Ezekiel 20:45-49 (KJV)

Don’t believe the lie when they say the rich man in Hell was a parable. The Lord Jesus Christ never referred to that as a parable. In Hell you will burn. You will burn good and you will burn forever!

HORRIFIC FACT #6 – GOD SPECIFICALLY RESERVES THE GREATER DAMNATION IN HELL FOR FALSE TEACHERS AND PREACHERS

“But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows’ houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.” Matthew 23:13-14 (KJV)

The greater damnation in Hell doesn’t go to the murderers, pedophiles, sadist, homosexuals, no. God specifically reserves the greater damnation to the unsaved false teachers and preachers. What exactly that is I don’t know, but it’s a greater damnation then just burning in Hell. That is precisely why having the right doctrine is CRITICALLY important. People ask me all the time why the Pre-Time of Jacob’s Trouble catching away vs the Post-trib rapture is such a big deal. It’s a big deal because the Post-trib doctrine teaches that the sinner must “endure to the end” to be saved. This consist of not worshipping the beast or his image, nor getting his name, number, or mark in your forehead or hand.

christianity-versus-churchianity-joel-osteen-laodicea-end-times-last-days
Beware Of The Rising Cult Of End Times Churchianity
If a sinner trust that as the “plan of salvation” for today, he’ll bust Hell wide open when dies. WORST YET, if he teaches or preaches that as the plan of salvation to others, he shall receive the Greater Damnation in Hell. The same goes with other false doctrines such as baptismal regeneration, sacraments, commandment keeping for salvation, etc. When it comes to false doctrine, God has ZERO tolerance:

“Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.” Matthew 15:7-9 (KJV)

“Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees. And they reasoned among themselves, saying, It is because we have taken no bread. Which when Jesus perceived, he said unto them, O ye of little faith, why reason ye among yourselves, because ye have brought no bread? Do ye not yet understand, neither remember the five loaves of the five thousand, and how many baskets ye took up? Neither the seven loaves of the four thousand, and how many baskets ye took up? How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees? Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.” Matthew 16:6-12 (KJV)

“Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.” John 7:16,17 (KJV)

“Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.” Romans 16:17,18 (KJV)

“That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;” Ephesians 4:14 (KJV)

In the end, it all comes down to this. In our dispensation of the Church Age, God has ordained the word to go out by good, old-fashioned, Bible preaching. It’s not about “7 Steps To A Better Marriage”, or “The 12 Traits Of Successful People”. It’s about JESUS CHRIST, and Him lifted up to draw all men unto Him.

“Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.” 2 Timothy 4:2-4 (KJV)
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2015, 10:13:10 pm »

‘Too Much God Talk’: Rob Bell’s ‘Progressive’ Successor Steps Down from Leading Mars Hill

Kent Dobson, who took over the leadership role at Mars Hill in 2012 after controversial author and speaker Rob Bell left the congregation he founded, has now also decided to step down, stating that “being a pastor is not who I am.”

“My place here has not felt right, like I was wearing someone else’s suit that didn’t quite fit and I tried to get it tailored and maybe I had shoulder pads from the 90’s or something. I don’t know,” he told the congregation on Sunday. “It just felt like it didn’t quite fit me so well.”

Dobson said that he feels restless and uncomfortable around “too much God talk.”

“I’ve felt restless, but I’ve always felt restless and a bit homeless when it comes to church and when it comes to God talk,” he explained. “When I hear too much God talk, I start to feel like (shudders) [it’s] too much religion. I don’t know; it gives me a restless feeling. A lot of times I feel like an outsider at my own party.”

“I have always been and I’m still drawn to the very edges of religion and faith and God,” Dobson continued. “I’ve said a few times that I don’t even know if we know what we mean by God anymore. That’s the edges of faith. That’s the thing that pulls me. I’m not really drawn to the center. I’m not drawn to the orthodox or the mainstream or the status quo.”

Dobson, the son of Ed Dobson, who formerly pastored Calvary Church in Grand Rapids, said that while Mars Hill is not “in alignment with [his] own passions,” he is not leaving the congregation because he doesn’t think it isn’t “progressive enough” on the issue of homosexuality. Dobson’s brother Daniel identifies as homosexual.

“It is true that my views are progressive, … but I’ve never felt that Mars Hill needed to think like me,” he stated. “I never felt like Mars Hill, like other kinds of churches, that I needed to come down the mountain like Moses and draw a line in the sand and say everybody’s gotta be like me or they can hit the road. … I am open and affirming but I always have been.”

Connect with Christian News

Dobson said that he is not sure what is next, but that he will be transitioning out over the next few months.

“Mars Hill is going to have to find some new teaching voices. It’s just time,” he stated. “I feel called to a greater mystery that I do not know, that I do not understand.”

Rob Bell, who founded Mars Hill in 1999, left the congregation in 2011 shortly after releasing his book “Love Wins,” which was criticized by many for its teachings that claimed the majority of Christian doctrine on Hell is “misguided and toxic.” However, he asserted that his departure had nothing to do with controversy over the book.

Dobson is formerly a teacher at NorthPointe Christian School, and has appeared on broadcasts for the History Channel and Discovery Channel. His 30-minute announcement to Mars Hill may be viewed here.

- See more at: http://christiannews.net/2015/11/25/too-much-god-talk-rob-bells-progressive-successor-steps-down-from-leading-mars-hill/#sthash.RkbJTKYM.dpuf
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2016, 12:34:42 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2016, 02:26:28 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2016, 09:05:04 pm »

Rob Bell Says He Rarely Uses Word 'Christian,' Believes Jesus Wouldn't Approve

Author and former megachurch pastor Rob Bell said in a recent interview that he tries to avoid the word “Christian.” According to the controversial Love Wins author, Jesus would be mortified that Christianity started in his name.

Bell told Uproxx, "I don't actually use the word 'Christian' much, because I think Jesus would be mortified that a religion with very strong codes of in-and-out had started in his name.”

Act 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Act 26:28 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.

1Pe 4:16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

Just saying, Rob is still Satans pastor and proved it here.

He continued, "I don't have a problem with the word 'Christian,' I just don't think it's the point, and I actually think, oftentimes, it gets in the way. Especially in the word 'Christianity,' which implies some big sort of cumbersome system, when at the heart is a Christ who invites us to live in the world in a particular way."

Bell also said that religion is used by some people to “bolster” their egos.

"I met so many people who would never call themselves a Christian who were so Jesus-y, and I met so many people who were loud and outspoken about how they were Christians who didn't seem like they were Jesus-like at all," Bell said.

"I don't find the categories helpful at all. I think what Jesus is doing is calling us beyond form. To not clutch and cling to some of these forms, but to let go of them."

The Christian Post reports Bell founded Mars Hill Bible Church in Michigan, but resigned in 2011 after Love Wins received criticism for questioning the existence of hell and Jesus Christ being the only way to salvation.

http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/rob-bell-says-he-rarely-uses-word-christian-believes-jesus-wouldn-t-approve.html
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2016, 01:15:47 am »

I don't mean to sound sarcastic here or anything - but at least he's honest. On the contrary, you have these "professing" false convert Christians from these IFB churches that are deceived into thinking they are true Christians.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2016, 02:13:05 am »

I don't mean to sound sarcastic here or anything - but at least he's honest. On the contrary, you have these "professing" false convert Christians from these IFB churches that are deceived into thinking they are true Christians.

Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2016, 08:30:44 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2016, 09:10:09 pm »

I saw this sermon earlier today - yes, sadly, it's rare you hear about hellfire and brimstone anymore. Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I went to a church building, and the pastor ignored preaching about this, but also ignored holiness.

It's not only the NIV crowd, but sadly this cancer has all but infected the IFB churches as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2016, 04:58:45 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2016, 08:35:17 am »

Report Spam   Logged