End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 10:20:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Computer Glasses - Help With Eye Strain?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Computer Glasses - Help With Eye Strain?  (Read 233 times)
Kilika
« on: June 25, 2013, 02:51:01 pm »

By the grace of God, my vision has been good, with no need for glasses. However...

After years of being in front of a computer screen for hours at a time, my eyes were not doing well, so I looked into if it was just my eyes going bad, or what people have been saying about eye strain is true.

What I have been experiencing is mainly eye watering and some blurriness, which I think is a result of the excess watering. And in general they would just feel worn out after being on the computer for awhile. "They" say it's a result of how we look at a screen, being we tend to not blink as much, which drys out the eyes, which causes them to want to water the eyes more. Kind of a catch-22. Add to that the fact that a screen is just not natural. And what we are looking at is actually "flickering" very subtly, as the image is updated because a monitor operates at a certain "refresh rate" of 60 hertz. Our eyes can detect that, though we don't realize it. It's sort of like starring into a strobe light, not consciously knowing it's pulsing.

So, having a gaming background, I'd decided that if there is anybody out there that has eye issues, it would be hard-core gamers. After looking at several styles/brands, there's only one brand that is really being marketed in gaming, Gunner, who has a sponsorship deal with Major League Gaming.

http://www.gunnars.com/

These are the pair I bought - Vayper

http://shop.gunnars.com/advanced-gaming-eyewear/l/d/1077_c_200_cl_2952

I recently purchased a pair, and have been using them any time I'm on the computer, and after about 2 weeks now, I have to say they do make a big difference. It seems like it took some time for the eyes to adjust, back to not straining so much, but as time has passed, my vision has improved noticeably. I have very little, occasional watery eyes, and the blurriness has all but gone. And my eyes just feel more relaxed. They were worth the money.

And they are extremely light. Real light. There is no soreness or anything after wearing them for a period of time, and they fit under headphones no problem.

The only downside that I find is that you can't try them on before purchase. I wish you could, because the style I bought sits a bit high on the nose, thus the bottom of the lens are a bit too high for my taste. I prefer glasses that basically touch my cheeks with the bottom of the lens. They have several styles and prices. I saw no need to spend the higher prices without knowing what difference they may or not make. If the cheaper model works, why pay more?

That said, there are other companies that sell sunglasses and reading glasses that also market computer glasses, under $40 a pair, but they don't seem to have the anti-glare coating of Gunners, and most are clear lens only. I prefer the amber tint, as it makes colors sharper.

If your having eye issues, you might want to either spend less time at a computer screen, or consider some glasses.

"...Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind."
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 03:28:13 pm »

Very interesting...thank you for this.
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 03:46:28 pm »

Was just reading this again - it seems like the problem with going to the eye doctor to get glasses is that they will almost always put out some flaws b/c they don't process your data et al 100% correctly.

One time I went to Sams to get new glasses, they ended up making mistakes with it where I had a hard time seeing from far distances, and the back end of my glasses was too loose. They did their best to fix them, but for some reason couldn't.

It's good to see glasses like these in the OP are on the market now where they will help adjust people's visions over time, and at good prices.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 03:23:35 am »

Not sure if you noticed, but they can be prescription glasses too.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: