End Times and Current Events
April 19, 2024, 01:52:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

When being verbally attacked...

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When being verbally attacked...  (Read 514 times)
hannahj

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2013, 11:56:54 am »

Hi everyone, I had a question.

I have a blog directed towards Christian moms. I talk about my view on the media, among other things. I've never gotten backlash before now. I know that the Bible says that if we stand for Christ we will be hated, but it's hitting me hard. I'm used to being well liked, and I really just want to know how you deal with hate thrown at you for your beliefs.

Here is the post that got all the hurtful comments(I'm Hannah J in them): http://dreamingofperfect.weebly.com/1/post/2013/07/disney-going-gay.html

Help? I just want to know how to get over not being liked.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 12:33:08 pm »

well, thats a lot easier than i usually get.

John 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
John 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

apparently the person you are talking to is a sodomite. And that means they didnt like God, and turned from him in their heart, so he gave them up to a reprobate mind. All you can do is love them and tell them the truth. As a Christian you really need to get used to the idea of being hated, as the hammer is about to really fall.

see Romans 1 19-32.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
hannahj

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 12:42:35 pm »

I know that many will/do hate me. It's just hard to accept. I grew up being very well liked, and now all but my immediate family and those at my church hate me. I know that if they hate me it's because they hate Jesus(John 7:7), but somehow it still bothers me. I'm used to comforting my husband about people hating him, and saying that the Bible said this is how it will be; but, I'm not used to being verbally attacked.

How do you let it slide off your back?
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 12:52:19 pm »

i just dont take it personally. I used to not be saved, so i know what they are going through. I used to make fun of the Christians and Catholics, so i guess i have an understanding. Also i just expect it, and accept it. and also, worse happened to the Lord for my sake. But it is going to get a lot worse, especially now that sodomy is openly accepted in America, its going to come very fast and very hard. I expect the Lords return any day. and that is real hope that can beat back any tormentor.

Romans 12:12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
Romans 12:13 Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.
Romans 12:14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

Smiley

p.s.: i will be making some english muffins, thanx...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 12:54:32 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Kilika
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 02:04:09 pm »

I know that many will/do hate me. It's just hard to accept. I grew up being very well liked, and now all but my immediate family and those at my church hate me. I know that if they hate me it's because they hate Jesus(John 7:7), but somehow it still bothers me. I'm used to comforting my husband about people hating him, and saying that the Bible said this is how it will be; but, I'm not used to being verbally attacked.

"He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?" Luke 10:26 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 01:20:18 am »

Personally, from my experiences, a lot of these people that have verbally attacked me for telling the truth aren't grounded in the word of God themselves. They either are reading some Vatican perverted bible like the NIV or mostly read mainstream books and "devotionals" by "popular" Christian authors. No, I'm not saying I myself am some super-duper KJV bible scholar(I have a LONG way to go in terms of having a full understanding of everything in it), but just saying look at their fruit.

Over time, it's surprised me less and less over them giving me responses like "Why do you hate Catholics, Rick Warren and other religions so much?" when I try to expose the damage they have done. Ultimately, it's on them if they don't want to listen. And on other occasions they try to push me to read these other versions saying how I "can't be too narrow minded".

1John 2:27  But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Also - it's amazing to see that today's church system is trying to act like the world.

2Cor 6:17  Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
2Co 6:18  And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 04:11:58 am »

I'm not used to being verbally attacked.

Okay, seeing you haven't responded back, let me put it a different way.

Jesus was beaten, then crucified, and your complaining people are talking trash to you? Really? Or maybe you think you've had it worse than brother Paul?

16  I say again, Let no man think me a fool; if otherwise, yet as a fool receive me, that I may boast myself a little.
17  That which I speak, I speak [it] not after the Lord, but as it were foolishly, in this confidence of boasting.
18  Seeing that many glory after the flesh, I will glory also.
19  For ye suffer fools gladly, seeing ye [yourselves] are wise.
20  For ye suffer, if a man bring you into bondage, if a man devour [you], if a man take [of you], if a man exalt himself, if a man smite you on the face.
21  I speak as concerning reproach, as though we had been weak. Howbeit whereinsoever any is bold, (I speak foolishly,) I am bold also.
22  Are they Hebrews? so [am] I. Are they Israelites? so [am] I. Are they the seed of Abraham? so [am] I.
23  Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I [am] more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.
24  Of the Jews five times received I forty [stripes] save one.
25  Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
26  [In] journeyings often, [in] perils of waters, [in] perils of robbers, [in] perils by [mine own] countrymen, [in] perils by the heathen, [in] perils in the city, [in] perils in the wilderness, [in] perils in the sea, [in] perils among false brethren;
27  In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.
28  Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.
29  Who is weak, and I am not weak? who is offended, and I burn not?
30  If I must needs glory, I will glory of the things which concern mine infirmities.
31  The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.
2 Corinthians 11:16-31 (KJB)

Sister, I think you might want to reevaluate your complaints! Your pride is showing.

"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: