End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 09:56:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Wendy Davis The RED QUEEN!!! red for baby blood

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wendy Davis The RED QUEEN!!! red for baby blood  (Read 7237 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2014, 06:44:15 am »

Wendy Davis Slams Pro-Life Paraplegic Opponent: He’s “Never Walked In My Shoes”

It’s just getting worse and worse for abortion activist Wendy Davis, who is falling on her own sword in the Texas gubernatorial race.

First, Davis was caught by a Dallas newspaper lying about her story of being a single mom who overcame adversity. Then, she sought to blame her problems on pro-life candidate for governor Greg Abbott. Now, in attacking Abbot, she’s stuck her foot in her mouth saying he’s “never walked a mile in my shoes.”

Problem is, Abbott can’t. He’s a paraplegic who is confined to a wheelchair. As a conservative blog notes:

wendydavis4bThere’s a lot in the Wendy Davis story besides Davis and her constructed and false “narrative.” Here is one of Davis’ most recent official statements on the matter, a little masterpiece of accusing the accusers:

We’re not surprised by Greg Abbott’s [her Texas governorship opponent] campaign attacks on the personal story of my life as a single mother who worked hard to get ahead. But they won’t work, because my story is the story of millions of Texas women who know the strength it takes when you’re young, alone and a mother. I’ve always been open about my life not because my story is unique, but because it isn’t.

The truth is that at age 19, I was a teenage mother living alone with my daughter in a trailer and struggling to keep us afloat on my way to a divorce. And I knew then that I was going to have to work my way up and out of that life if I was going to give my daughter a better life and a better future and that’s what I’ve done. I am proud of where I came from and I am proud of what I’ve been able to achieve through hard work and perseverance. And I guarantee you that anyone who tries to say otherwise hasn’t walked a day in my shoes.”

Since Abbott doesn’t walk at all, it’s a rather infelicitous figure of speech, don’t you think?

GregAbbott3Patrick Archbold at Creative Minority Report opines on the Davis gaffe.

So as liars tend to do when cornered, they lie some more, attacking her opponent as being the one responsible for the truth coming out about her lies. She criticized him for not knowing how difficult her life has been saying he “never walked a day in my shoes.”

Well, that is correct. He never walked a day in her shoes because he is a paraplegic. Her poor opponent will never know how difficult things have been for her.

Suffice it to say, Abortion Barbie is still having a very bad week.

At age 26, Abbott was struck by a falling oak tree that injured his back as he jogged by. He has used a wheelchair ever since and has become an eloquent pro-life advocate — speaking up for both the disabled and the unborn.The accident serves as a reminder that regardless of someone’s circumstances, he or she deserves a chance at life, Abbott has said.

“As I laid there motionless on the ground, gripped with pain, as helpless as a child in the womb, I knew my life had changed forever,” he said at the National Right to Life convention in June. “Some people think it’s easy to write off the lives of the disabled or the different. But every day, God reminds us that all life has value, no matter the form.”

Davis is going to have to do much better than these shallow attacks if she wants any chance of becoming the next governor Texas.

http://www.lifenews.com/2014/01/21/wendy-davis-slams-pro-life-paraplegic-opponent-hes-never-walked-in-my-shoes/
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2014, 07:30:01 am »

How do you know when Rev. Sharpton is lying? hes talking...

Sharpton Spins for Wendy Davis
"Some minor details in a still powerful life story..."

On Tuesday, Al Sharpton attempted to spin the recent story in Dallas Morning News that poked holes in Texas gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis' autobiographical account of her early life as a single mother by suggesting Republicans are exaggerating the facts to paint her as a liar.

In the segment, Sharpton stated:

The right-wing is just itching to take down democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis. Their latest excuse, this Dallas Morning News report that said Davis blurred some details in her dramatic life story about a teen mother who later earned her way to Harvard. It turns out Davis was 21 when she got divorced, not 19, and her ex-husband helped her pay those Harvard bills....that's it! Some minor details in a still powerful life story, but the right wing media is hyping it all up with attacks, trying to paint her as some liar.

Sharpton, of course, is whitewashing the facts revealed in the Dallas Morning News report, which makes clear that Wendy Davis didn't just exclude minor details when recounting her biography. Not only did her ex-husband pay for her Harvard education, but he also took care of her children while she pursued academics. Once her ex-husband finished paying her Harvard bills, Wendy Davis immediately divorced him and gave full custody of the kids. 

thanx MOM, bet she regrets we dont have that kill em after birth laws...

video:http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/sharpton-spins-wendy-davis
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2014, 01:01:15 pm »

Now, in attacking Abbot, she’s stuck her foot in her mouth saying he’s “never walked a mile in my shoes.”

Problem is, Abbott can’t. He’s a paraplegic who is confined to a wheelchair.

WOW! That should seal her fate! But then, she has people like Al Sharpton coming to her defense?  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2014, 05:06:48 pm »

I know people like Jackson and Sharpton are high level Illuminati, and were sucked in by the love of money - but nonetheless it's really mindboggling how these 2 people just sold out there own blacks. Disgusting, actually.

Martin Luther King, Jr did the same when he supported Margaret Sanger.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2014, 07:20:15 am »

Greg Abbott Responds to Wendy Davis Backers Attacking His Disability

Texas Attorney General and gubernatorial candidate Greg Abbott is responding to the vicious attacks on him from supporters of Wendy Davis, who make fun of the pro-life candidate because he is in a wheelchair as a result of a tragic accident that left him paralyzed.

GregAbbott3As LifeNews reported, Davis backers were caught on tape mocking Abbott’s disability.

“I really wonder how this is going to work out since he’s in a wheelchair since and most of the slogans are ‘Stand with Wendy,” one Davis backer is shown saying in the video.

“First of all he’s not good looking, he doesn’t speak very well, he doesn’t have a good personality and he’s in a wheelchair,” another woman is heard saying as someone laughs loudly at her comment.

Last night Abbott made an appearance on Fox News’ to respond to the attacks saying, “Denigrating the disabled is unworthy of Texas.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4ZXKB4wHqQ&feature=player_embedded

Conservative activist James O’Keefe released the video Thursday: https://www.projectveritas.com/breaking-new-video-greg-abbotts-disability-mocked/

While investigating Obamacare Navigators, Battleground Texas, and their connection to Obama’s Organizing for America, we caught some deeply offensive comments on tape.

It seems Battleground Texas and Wendy Davis’ strategy to win the Governor’s seat is to mock Attorney General Abbott’s disability. We caught Davis supporters and Battleground Texas staff on tape making crude statement such as “isn’t that amazing to think of? He’s in a wheelchair and we want to stand with Wendy?”

Even more disturbing was an election official who when asked about forging signatures covered her ears and then went on to admit, “People do that all the time.” A Battleground Texas volunteer then added, “I don’t think it’s legal but I didn’t hear you say that.”

Davis has responded to the video, calling it “abhorrent:”

“Greg Abbott has persevered through great personal challenge to raise a family, have a productive career, and for that he deserves our respect,” she said.

At age 26, Abbott was struck by a falling oak tree that injured his back as he jogged by. He has used a wheelchair ever since and has become an eloquent pro-life advocate — speaking up for both the disabled and the unborn.

The accident serves as a reminder that regardless of someone’s circumstances, he or she deserves a chance at life, Abbott has said.

“As I laid there motionless on the ground, gripped with pain, as helpless as a child in the womb, I knew my life had changed forever,” he said at the National Right to Life convention in June. “Some people think it’s easy to write off the lives of the disabled or the different. But every day, God reminds us that all life has value, no matter the form.”

http://www.lifenews.com/2014/01/24/greg-abbott-responds-to-wendy-davis-backers-attacking-his-disability/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2014, 10:53:07 am »

*ugh* too bad I have hear this little sideshow for most of the year. For the most part, TX politics is relatively quiet b/c most of the candidates elected are "conservative", and RARELY ever THIS liberal.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2014, 10:39:57 am »

For the last 3 years, we've been discussing this Hosea 4:3 prophecy coming to pass(which talks about how birds, fish, and other flock of animals dying in greater masses in the end times).

Just read what verse 2(above it) says...

Hosea 4:1  Hear the word of the LORD, ye children of Israel: for the LORD hath a controversy with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of God in the land.
Hos 4:2  By swearing, and lying, and killing, and stealing, and committing adultery, they break out, and blood toucheth blood.
Hos 4:3  Therefore shall the land mourn, and every one that dwelleth therein shall languish, with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven; yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be taken away.

Marvel not that these Wendy Davis types are grabbing the national spotlight now(and THAT in "conservative" states like Texas, that is, not "liberal" ones like California/Vermont).
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2014, 09:51:48 am »

Baby Killer is getting desperate. Now why would she do this as it is going to sink her whole campaign?

Wendy Davis supports open carry law

The Wild West tradition of openly carrying your six-shooter on the street has long been banned in Texas under state law. But the next governor could change that.

Rising Democratic star and gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis has joined her top Republican rival in supporting a proposed "open carry" law. It would allow people with concealed handgun licenses to wear a pistol on their hip, in full view, while in public.

Davis has said she supports expanding gun rights in Texas. In a statement to The Associated Press, she said that includes open-carry — a position that puts her at odds with her own party but could keep her from alienating gun rights advocates in a deeply conservative state where the Second Amendment is sacrosanct.

Davis' position now aligns her with her Republican gubernatorial rival, Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott, marking her latest effort to eliminate it as a wedge issue in the campaign.

The state senator from Fort Worth said such a law should allow private property owners to determine whether weapons could be openly carried on their property. She also said background checks and training requirements would "help ensure that only mentally stable, law-abiding citizens may carry, whether concealed or open."

But her party and influential Democratic colleagues, including a fellow state senator running for lieutenant governor, disagree.

"There is little or no public safety justification for open carry," said Emmanuel Garcia, spokesman for the Texas Democratic Party.

Kellye Burke, who leads the Texas Chapter of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, also opposes Davis' position. She said the open carry of firearms, whether rifles or pistols, "is meant to be a sign of intimidation. It's not about protection."

"I don't think people are aware of it. They just haven't seen it yet. People are completely shocked how strange and lawless it looks to have that kind of firepower in our daily life," Burke said.

History suggests that Davis' position is a pragmatic one. Former Gov. Ann Richards, a Democrat, vetoed a concealed handgun measure, but Republican George W. Bush made it a major campaign issue when he defeated Richards for governor in 1994. Texas passed its concealed handgun law the next year.

Davis, who said she keeps a gun at her home for protection, supported legislation last year to allow college students with concealed handgun licenses to keep their weapons in their cars. She also voted for reduced training requirements to get such a license.

Still, gun rights advocates were skeptical. Texas State Rifle Association spokeswoman Alice Tripp noted Davis' previous calls for more restrictions on gun show sales and past votes against allowing concealed license holders to carry their guns in classrooms and buildings on college campuses.

"Wendy Davis has a very bad record as far as gun owners go," Tripp said, calling Davis an "opportunist."

Abbott spokesman Adviel Huerta expressed a similar sentiment.

"Sen. Wendy Davis' new pro-gun stance may help improve her low grade with the NRA, but it won't help her (be) a straight shooter when it comes to the facts of her anti-gun record," Huerta said, noting that Abbott supported an open-carry bill in the 2013 legislative session.

But veteran Democratic consultant Harold Cook said Abbott supporters have already tried to portray Davis as anti-gun.

"If the issue isn't important to you, then it would be smart to take it off the table by saying, 'Me, too; now let's go back to talking about education and how we fund road building and the stuff the mainstream of Texas is really concerned with,'" he said.

Open carry is specifically allowed in 17 states, according to the National Conference on State Legislatures. Many others leave it up to cities and counties to impose restrictions.

But laws in five states — including Texas — and Washington, D.C. specifically prohibit open carry of handguns, according to the gun rights advocacy group OpenCarry.org.

Texas does allow open carry of long firearms, such as rifles and shotguns, with virtually no restrictions. In recent months, rifle-toting Second Amendment advocates have held public demonstrations at the Alamo in San Antonio and near the Capitol in Austin.

Texas has about 600,000 concealed handgun license holders, who must be at least 21, pass criminal background checks and go through a training course. In 2013, state lawmakers relaxed the training requirements, reducing the minimum time required for classroom and shooting range instruction from 10 to 15 hours to four to six hours.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/apnewsbreak-wendy-davis-supports-open-carry-law
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2014, 10:56:34 am »

Davis has said she supports expanding gun rights in Texas. In a statement to The Associated Press, she said that includes open-carry — a position that puts her at odds with her own party but could keep her from alienating gun rights advocates in a deeply conservative state where the Second Amendment is sacrosanct.

Cheesy Sure she does.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2014, 01:21:16 pm »

Those types sell out to whatever position gets them the most support.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2014, 10:20:23 am »

Like I was saying previously - being from Texas, this is not exactly some uber-conservative state everyone tries to make it out to be. Look at the flood of megachurches here, for example.

http://news.yahoo.com/wendy-davis-turn-texas-purple-094500656--politics.html
Wendy Davis Will Turn Texas Purple
3/18/14

Let’s start by stating the obvious: It is hard for a Democrat to win statewide office in Texas today.  Recently, Rep. Joaquin Castro, a Democrat from San Antonio, pointed out that Texas has gone longer than any other state in the union without electing a Democrat to high office.  Which makes Wendy Davis’ ascent in the Texas governor’s race all the more impressive.

This week, a new poll showed Sen. Davis within just seven points of her Republican opponent, Attorney General Greg Abbott.  The poll shows that 42 percent of Texas voters back Davis, compared to 49 percent for Abbott.  Now, put in the context of the 2002 Texas gubernatorial election—in which Republican Rick Perry won by almost 18 points over his leading Democratic rival—and the seven percent gap between Davis and Abbott is impressive.  In the context of previous polls that showed Abbott widening his lead over Davis, this new poll is even more stunning.  Wendy Davis has a serious shot at becoming the next governor of Texas.

And it’s still early… Davis made news this week challenging Abbott’s lack of support for equal pay laws for women in Texas.  In the fiscally conservative Lone Star State, the Davis campaign has pointed out that Abbott took a 62 percent raise at the expense of taxpayers while failing to support basic access to equal pay protections for women in the state.  Smart contrasts like these will catapult Davis even higher in voter support, especially given that women voters statewide are still more likely to support Abbott than Davis (46 percent to 42 percent).   

That women, who historically lean Democratic, are tipping toward Abbott is also a warning sign to Davis.  After all, Davis shot to widespread notoriety for her 11-hour filibuster of legislation that would severely restrict access to abortion services in the state.  On abortion rights, Texas voters side with Davis—according to June 2013 polling, 79 percent of voters believe that abortion should be legal and available under certain circumstances.  And among independent voters, there’s a 19-point gap between men and women—41 percent of independent women think abortion should be legal and available, compared with 22 percent of men.

Yet notably, although her fervent support of abortion rights catapulted her to prominence—even super-stardom in some circles—Davis does not include women’s rights or any mention of her filibuster on her website.  One might say her campaign’s emphasis on education and jobs is appropriately broadening her appeal, but I’ve spoken with activists in Texas who feel Davis is deliberately abandoning her women’s rights-focused base.  And after I wrote a piece about Wendy Davis recently voicing support for a 20-week ban on abortions, her campaign reached out to me—not to tamp down concerns that Davis was abandoning her base but to clarify that Davis had always opposed later-term abortion access.  At least the recent emphasis on equal pay laws is a step in the right direction, stoking the base that helped create Davis while simultaneously emphasizing more centrist economic issues.  Hopefully Davis will realize that her pro-choice activist image is not a detriment to her election but her main asset, key to closing the gap with women voters who can put her over the top.

As a side note, I think there’s an odd sense of shame on the part of many Democrats who feel that “legitimate” political victory can only come through the votes of white working-class males.  The idea of cobbling together victory through the disparate (though growing) support of white women and voters of color somehow seems to them like cheating a political insecurity clearly preyed upon by conservatives who insist that President Obama only won re-election in 2012 because of “low-information” (read: poor people of color) voters.

The new poll shows that 17 percent of independent voters in Texas are still undecided.  Given the historic, unchallenged dominance of Republicans in the state, that 17 percent of independents are undecided speaks to the potential of the Davis campaign and the purple future of Texas.  Under conventional Texas political circumstances, this race would already be sealed up for the Republican.  The large swath of undecided voters and the narrowing of polling margins generally hints at the potential not only for Davis to win but for Texas to finally, thankfully shift from deep red to bright purple on the national political landscape.  The whole notion of turning Texas purple isn’t based on political centrism but demographic polarization—as  Texas becomes younger and more Latino, it’s becoming more liberal.  Increasingly, to win office in Texas and across America, Democrats don’t have to ape some form of ideologically bland Clinton centrism but, in fact, be extra-liberal to play to the social progressivism and economic populism of the future of the American electorate.

I’m not saying Texas is 100 percent there yet, but I am saying that it’s headed in that direction—and Davis’ path to victory appears to hinge on bridging that transition, bringing along enough of the center-left working class white male vote while maintaining strong support among women and young people and the future of Texas politics.  That her candidacy is faring as well as it is already is a sign of the bright purple Texas to come. 
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 10:23:14 am by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2014, 07:35:45 am »

Democratic Party leader: Wendy Davis will lose Texas governor’s race

The head of the Democratic Party's electoral efforts to win governor's races across the nation has strongly hinted that the party establishment believes Wendy Davis will lose her bid to become governor of Texas this year.

Speaking to centrist think tank Third Way on Tuesday, Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin, the chairman of the Democratic Governors Association, outlined the top priority gubernatorial races this year, followed by critical races.

Texas was on neither list. Instead, he cited Maine, Pennsylvania, and Florida as the three most important races for Democrats. Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, South Carolina, Georgia, Kansas, and Arizona were critical.

Democratic state senator Wendy Davis is seeking to defeat state attorney general Greg Abbott in his bid to succeed Governor Rick Perry, who is retiring this year.

Shumlin, who last year signed a bill legalizing physician-assisted suicide in Vermont, is no pro-life champion, but he has sparked outrage from Davis’s campaign team for not being optimistic about Davis’s chances of victory.

“We’re hopeful in Texas, but we’ll be candid about the fact that we all understand Democrats haven’t won Texas in a long time,” Shumlin said.

Wendy Davis catapulted to national fame when she successfully filibustered a Texas bill that banned abortions after 20 weeks. A different incarnation of the same bill was passed two weeks later, after Governor Perry called a special session of the legislature.

While Davis’ stand made her a darling of the Democratic Party, her odds at winning the governor’s seat are bleak, with polls showing her GOP opponent handily leading the race, even amongst women voters.

Many observers believe that Davis' extreme standpoint concerning abortion is a key reason for her current losing status.

According to Texas Right to Life, Davis has been silent about her stance on abortion during her campaign in order to avoid “mentioning her support for abortion on the most public legs of her campaign trail” while at the same time being “happy to do so when the cameras weren't rolling.”

Davis’s campaign manager, Karin Johanson, rejected the analysis, saying, "The uninformed opinions of a Washington, D.C., desk jockey who's never stepped foot in Texas couldn't be less relevant to what's actually happening on the ground."

Republican Governors Association spokesman Jon Thompson told the liberal online news source Talking Points Memo, "It’s no surprise the Davis campaign got upset with...Shumlin – he clearly doesn’t believe she should be treated as a credible candidate."

Texas has not elected a Democratic governor since 1994. The winning candidate that year was Ann Richards, the mother of Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/democratic-party-leader-wendy-davis-will-lose-texas-governors-race
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2014, 10:45:01 am »

Democratic Party leader: Wendy Davis will lose Texas governor’s race

The head of the Democratic Party's electoral efforts to win governor's races across the nation has strongly hinted that the party establishment believes Wendy Davis will lose her bid to become governor of Texas this year.

And this is a surprise? All elections are rigged anyways - plus Abbott(her opponent) is a Roman Catholic who worked for the CIA.

Make no mistake - TX is NOT this *conservative* state everyone makes it out to be(ie-there's ALOT of megachurches here, and the First Baptist in my area keeps doing Rick Warren's PDL "studies"). And not to mention too Susan G. Koman's headquarters is in Dallas.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2014, 01:12:56 pm »

Hollywood Welcomes 'Abortion Barbie'
“It hits people with the truth.”

Texas gubernatorial candidate, and pro-abortion propagandist, Wendy Davis learned that even in a left-wing city like Los Angeles, not everyone lines up to welcome you with open arms. Upon her arrival for a fundraiser Thursday, Davis was greeted by the 20 posters hung around the city depicting her as a literal "Abortion Barbie."

Accompanied by the glitzy tagline "Hollywood Welcomes Abortion Barbie," the posters, as seen below, have Davis' head photo-shopped over a near-naked Barbie doll with a baby-doll inside her belly. Looming over left-shoulder hangs a pair of sharp scissors inches away from snipping the spinal chord of the black baby-doll she holds.

Davis' campaign people spotted at least five posters around the city, including one at UCLA. In the ensuing aftermath, her campaign quickly pointed the blame at Davis' Republican opponent Greg Abbot.

"It seems that Greg Abbott can’t let a week go by without showing how out of touch he is with women," said the spokesman, Zac Petkanas. "This is just another in a long line of offensive actions and comments by Greg Abbott in an attempt to demean Wendy Davis."

However, according to The Huffington Post, the posters actually were funded and commissioned by a woman named Katherine Stuard, a conservative political donor in Texas and supporter of Abbot. Stuard says she hired a street artist named Sabo to create a total of 20 posters.

“It hits people with the truth,” said Stuard, 53. “The artist is very edgy."

She later added, "I do support Abbott but the campaign had nothing to do with these (posters).”

Abbot's campaign has also denied involvement with setting up the posters.

video: http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/hollywood-welcomes-abortion-barbie
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2014, 04:57:02 pm »

Davis' campaign people spotted at least five posters around the city, including one at UCLA. In the ensuing aftermath, her campaign quickly pointed the blame at Davis' Republican opponent Greg Abbot.

"It seems that Greg Abbott can’t let a week go by without showing how out of touch he is with women," said the spokesman, Zac Petkanas. "This is just another in a long line of offensive actions and comments by Greg Abbott in an attempt to demean Wendy Davis."

However, according to The Huffington Post, the posters actually were funded and commissioned by a woman named Katherine Stuard, a conservative political donor in Texas and supporter of Abbot. Stuard says she hired a street artist named Sabo to create a total of 20 posters.

Cheesy I'm surprised Abbott and Stuard had no problems with their hero, Ronald Reagan, pushing a massive abortion bill while governor of that state back in the 60's(which all but got Roe V Wade rolling). Wendy Davis at the top of the abortion food chain? Not even close! If anything, Abbott and Stuard should go after Houston's sodomite mayor instead.

BTW - I crossed paths with a few members of Abbott's campaign workers when I attended a local run race(Abbott's campaign was one of the sponsors) - they were young, college looking people. However, when I brought up Wendy Davis, they didn't seem like they had much knowledge about her. Everything they said was your typical political campaign lines we've heard 100s of times(it was as if they were reading off the same script they rehearsed many times).
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2014, 01:49:00 pm »

Latest shocker from Wendy Davis
After chants of 'Hail Satan,' supporters now implore 'God, our father, our mother'

video: http://www.wnd.com/2014/06/wendy-davis-supporters-now-praying-for-campaign-help/

Supporters of Wendy Davis, a rabidly pro-abortion Democrat state senator in Texas running a distant second in the race for governor, apparently want to hedge their bet when it comes to invoking supernatural help for their campaign.

Previously, they chanted “Hail Satan” in support of Davis, whose filibuster in the state legislature a year ago delayed by a few days a bill curbing abortion.

Now they’re asking for help from “God, our father, our mother.”

Maybe Zeus or “The Force” are next?

The most recent supplications came at a campaign rally Davis staged in Austin this week that “celebrated” her 13-hour filibuster one year ago against a bill to ban abortion after 20 weeks. The bill initially failed because her filibuster ended the legislative session, but lawmakers returned the following week to pass it.

The partisan prayer by an unidentified supporter didn’t mention “abortion,” but it asked “God” to “inspire” voters who believe “that our state government must represent all the people of Texas, not just the rich.”

Three times the prayer “celebrated” the temporary delay in the pro-life measure last year.

“Let’s ask God to bless our celebration. Will you pray with me. God, you are our father, and our mother. Before we were, you are. And all that we are is a gift from you. As we begin our celebration, of the anniversary of the day that women in Texas said ‘No,’ to a state legislature that refuses to trust us, we thank you for giving us our voice, we thank you for the leadership of our candidates for governor and lieutenant governor. We thank you for the Senate colleagues who stood for us, and with Sen. Davis that day, and we thank you for bringing us this far. We are not done. We have far to go. So now, we ask you to strengthen our resolve and our determination, to change the government of the state of Texas, with our votes for the Democratic nominees. We ask you to inspire every eligible voter in the state of Texas who believes that our state government must represent all the people of Texas, not just the rich, and well-connected. [Applause.] Inspire them to vote. Inspire us to work for that vote. Bless our campaign to change the way government operates in Texas. Bless the people of Texas. And bless this celebration tonight. Amen and Amen.”

At PJ Media, Bryan Preston called the event “an abortion party.”

The law that Davis failed to defeat a year ago was cosponsored by state Rep. Jodie Laubenberg and Sen. Donna Campbell, an emergency-room physician.

The measure also has been supported by a majority of Texas women.

As a result of the bill, nearly two dozen abortion businesses have closed, about half of the abortion operations in the state.

It is on the failed filibuster that Davis has built her struggling gubernatorial campaign against Republican Attorney General Greg Abbott.

Among her efforts recently was a move to shake up her campaign with a change of managers.

It was during the battle last year over the abortion bill that the “Hail Satan” appeals came from Davis supporters. Meanwhile, pro-life advocates sang “Amazing Grace.”

A video of the event posted on a blog run by Adam Cahm showed the chant taken up in unison by several people.

The first of the voices can be heard at about the 3:35 mark of the following video, a portion of the speech delivered by a pro-life advocate identified only as “Ashley.” By the 5:15 mark, however, the droning chants of several people can be heard clearly:

Cahm explained after the first released video that abortion activists “have been doing this all day, this is just the first time we caught it on video.”

Another video can be seen here:

As WND has reported, after the filibuster, Texas Gov. Rick Perry declared his state would not be governed by mob rule and called a special legislative session.

Jonathan Nessmith, president of Houston Young Republicans, also reacted to the mob action.

“This kind of behavior would never be tolerated in the reverse by the Democrats. When Congressman Joe Wilson uttered the words, ‘You lie!’ during the 2009 State of the Union, Democrats responded with platitudes about ‘parliamentary procedure’ and ‘civility.’ Where are these voices now, when an orange-clad mob disrupts the business of democracy? Disrupting the democratic process is not the way we do things in Texas. Let’s get rid of the double standard.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/06/wendy-davis-supporters-now-praying-for-campaign-help/#lahqWoIuuoRlTi5R.99
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2014, 02:39:07 pm »

Latest shocker from Wendy Davis
After chants of 'Hail Satan,' supporters now implore 'God, our father, our mother'

And that's EXACTLY the "god" all of these Babylonian religions worship(including the New Agers) - a hybrid male/female one.

Hey Catholics who are firmly pro-life - are you listening to this? If so, you should know your religion worships THIS very same "god".
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2014, 06:31:07 am »

Wendy Davis Reveals ‘Unexpected and Dramatically Personal Confession’ in New Book

Texas Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis, who became a national political sensation by filibustering her state’s tough new restrictions on abortion, discloses in her upcoming memoir that she had an abortion in the 1990s after discovering that the fetus had a severe brain abnormality.

In “Forgetting to be Afraid,” Davis also writes about ending an earlier ectopic pregnancy, in which an embryo implants outside the uterus. Davis says she considered revealing the terminated pregnancies during her nearly 13-hour speech on the floor of the Texas Senate last summer — but decided against it, saying “such an unexpected and dramatically personal confession would overshadow the events of the day.”

The Associated Press purchased an early copy of the book, which goes on sale Tuesday.

Both pregnancies happened before Davis, a state senator from Fort Worth, began her political career and after she was already a mother to two young girls. Davis catapulted to national Democratic stardom after her filibuster temporarily delayed passed of sweeping new abortion restrictions. She’s now running for governor against Republican Attorney General Greg Abbott, who is heavily favored to replace Republican Gov. Rick Perry next year.

The second pregnancy happened in 1996. Davis writes that during her second trimester she took a blood test that could determine chromosomal or neural defects, which doctors first told her didn’t warrant concern. But a later exam revealed that the brain of the fetus had developed in complete separation on the right and left sides, Davis says. She sought opinions from multiple doctors, who told her the baby would be deaf, blind and in a permanent vegetative state if she survived delivery, she writes.

“I could feel her little body tremble violently, as if someone were applying an electric shock to her, and I knew then what I needed to do,” Davis writes. “She was suffering.”

She goes on to say that an “indescribable blackness followed” the pregnancy and that the loss left her forever changed.

The ectopic pregnancy happened in 1994, and terminating it was considered medically necessary, Davis writes. Such pregnancies generally aren’t considered viable, meaning the fetus can’t survive, and they can endanger the mother’s life. But Davis writes that in Texas, it’s “technically considered an abortion, and doctors have to report it as such.”

Davis’ filibuster in June 2013 set off a chaotic scene in the Texas Capitol that extended past midnight. Thousands of people watched it online, with President Barack Obama at one point tweeting, “Something special is happening in Austin tonight.”

In the book, Davis recalls reading testimony during the filibuster about a woman who had had an abortion after learning her daughter would be born with a terminal illness. She says the story could have been hers and writes about her hands shaking and wiping tears from her eyes.

Davis’ filibuster only temporarily delayed the restrictions, which passed overwhelmingly when Perry called a special legislative session. The measure requires doctors who perform abortion to obtain admitting privileges at nearby hospitals and mandates that clinics upgrade its facilities to hospital-level operating standards. A federal judge in Austin last month blocked a portion of the law that would have left Texas with only seven abortion facilities statewide.

Anti-abortion groups, including those that have attacked Davis’ candidacy, expressed sympathy for the tough choice Davis confronted with the second terminated pregnancy but said they hoped all decisions end in choosing to continue a pregnancy.

“That’s an incredibly difficult position for anyone to find themselves in. While our heart goes out for the decision she had to make, again, still the value of life is precious,” Texans Right to Life spokeswoman Melissa Conway said Friday night.

Abbott spokesman Matt Hirsch did not return messages seeking comment.

Cecile Richards, president of Planned Parenthood and the daughter of former Texas Gov. Ann Richards praised Davis’ “unwavering courage”

“We are grateful to her for sharing her story and shining a light on a subject that is too often hidden in the shadows of shame and stigma by people like Greg Abbott and his allies,” Richards said.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/09/06/wendy-davis-reveals-unexpected-and-dramatically-personal-confession-in-new-book/

“We are grateful to her for sharing her story and shining a light on a subject that is too often hidden in the shadows of shame and stigma by people like Greg Abbott and his allies,” Richards said.

Because murdering babies is such a good joyful moment.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2014, 09:17:06 am »

whose "God" is her belly...
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2014, 05:12:48 am »

Wendy Davis Loses Big in Texas
The Lone Star State just got even redder.

Texas Democrats started the 2014 election cycle with a dream of turning the state blue for the first time in two decades, buoyed by a progressive hero on the ballot and an influx of outside cash and organizers. Instead, the nation's biggest red state just got even redder. On Tuesday, for the fifth consecutive cycle, Texas Republicans swept statewide offices, including the race for governor, where Republican attorney general Greg Abbott cruised past Democratic state Sen. Wendy Davis.

It was Abbott who made the decision to hire now-Sen. Ted Cruz to be the state's first solicitor general, and it was Abbott—more so even than retiring Gov. Rick Perry—who epitomized his state's antagonistic relationship with Washington, suing the Obama administration no fewer than 27 times in his first five years. ("I go into the office, I sue Barack Obama, and then I go home," Abbott likes to tell Republican audiences.) Lest he be tempted to move to the center, voters also tapped state Sen. Dan Patrick to be his lieutenant governor, a position that's disproportionately powerful in Texas because it serves a dual legislative and executive function. Patrick has said that God speaks to the world through Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson, and warned that migrants are bringing "third-world diseases" with them across the border.

Winning in the Lone Star State was always supposed to be an uphill battle for Democrats in 2014, a point that Battleground Texas, the field-organizing outfit launched last spring by a group of Obama campaign volunteers, made clear from the get-go. When Davis jumped into the race, the time-frame shifted. As the group's executive director, Jenn Brown, told me in September, Davis' candidacy settled a chicken-and-egg dilemma that had been confounding organizers: "Great people don't want to run unless they feel there's an infrastructure to support them, but it's hard to get great infrastructure without great candidates."

But Davis—and Battleground—also had the effect of throwing a football at a hornet's nest. FreedomWorks, a conservative political outfit, launched an $8-million "Come and Take It" project last year designed to thwart Democratic gains. Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), who faced minimal Democratic resistance in his re-election bid this year, nonetheless asked for donations to combat "out-of-state organizers"—and "Keep it Red." (That's not to be confused with another group, "Let's Keep it Texas Red," which was formed before Cornyn's group but which per its campaign finance report exists mainly to sell t-shirts.) Even conservative provocateur James O'Keefe—recently seen crossing the border dressed as Osama Bin Laden—got in on the action, publishing a sting video purporting to show Battleground volunteers illegally cribbing phone numbers from voter registration rolls. (The practice is not illegal.)

No one took the threat more seriously than Abbott, who warned that Democratic groups constituted "an assault far more dangerous than what the leader of North Korea threatened when he said he was going to add Austin, Texas, as one of the recipients of his nuclear weapons." He walked the walk, too, making repeated visits to heavily Hispanic, heavily Democratic South Texas in the hopes of offsetting any gains the Davis campaign hoped it could make.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/11/greg-abbott-wendy-davis-texas
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2014, 08:44:46 am »

Finally, it's OVER - was getting tired over all of the overt-publicity here in North Texas.

But Texas getting even redder? I don't think so - this mother jones publication forgot about what happened in Houston TX recently. They also forgot about how all of the big cities are runned by Dems.(and the recent San Antonio mayor took up a position in Obama's cabinet recently) Not to mention too Sen John Cornyn is in Obama's back pockets(ie-supports socialized medicine and illegal immigration).

And there's alot of megachurches here in the Lone Star State.(last I heard from an elderly couple, they visited alot of churches in the area, and not one of them sang the old traditional hymns, but played this contemporary worship music instead)

And for that matter too - let's not forget that they position (very)weak candidates in elections so that they can position certain people(ie-Abbott is a Roman Catholic and ex-CIA).
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2014, 08:28:49 am »

Wendy Davis Named 'Texas Monthly's 'Bum Steer of the Year'
Wins in a landslide

Political fortunes can change very quickly. A year ago Texas State Senator Wendy Davis was the darling of the liberal media and the Democratic Party, and believed by some to be the future governor of Texas. Now she has been given dubious recognition by Texas Monthly as their 2015 Bum Steer. According to the editors who chose her, she won "by a landslide."

Davis became a national name when in July 2013,  armed with a catheter, she stood up on the floor of the legislature for eleven straight hours just to protect a woman's right to kill babies before they are born. But once she won the Democratic nod for governor, Davis ran a campaign that was, at best, amateurish.

It started when it was discovered that she lied about her biographical details, then segued to a commercial which inappropriately spoke of the handicap of her Republican opponent, now Governor-Elect Abbot, who is a paraplegic. Once the commercial hit the airways, her campaign crumbled into a series of gaffes about Abbot's handicap(s) or the handicap of others. Two weeks before the election she exclaimed that Abbott was just 'rolling around'.

Davis would have had a difficult time winning an election in the red state of Texas even if she ran a near-perfect campaign, but her proclivity to say/do the wrong thing at the worst time made her efforts near-impossible. That's why Texas Monthly gave her the dubious "Bum Steer" recognition, writing:

Thankfully, politics didn’t let us down. Governor Rick Perry was indicted by a grand jury for abusing his power and coercing a public servant, and he celebrated having his mug shot taken with a jaunt to buy frozen custard. Good ol’ Louie Gohmert, the Republican congressman from Tyler, offered up plenty of laughs—intentional or otherwise—which made us think he was in on the joke. But nothing, and we mean nothing, could match the train wreck that was Wendy Davis, Battleground Texas, and the Democrats.

No one suggested that 2014 would be the year that the party roared back to life. No one argued that the Democrats would put the Republicans in a tough spot come Election Day. But did anyone think that Davis, after all the national exposure and all the money that flowed into her coffers, would be throttled so badly by Republican Greg Abbott in her race to become governor? In the end, she lost by more percentage points than Tony Sanchez did in 2002. And she won 270,499 fewer votes than Bill White did in 2010 in his doomed effort against Perry. It’s not that the Democrats underperformed. It’s that the party that hasn’t won a statewide race since 1994 actually dug itself an even deeper hole!

For Davis, her campaign started poorly—this magazine compared her rollout to the debut of the Bag o’ Glass from Mainway Toys—and things seemed to only go downhill from there. Infighting! Staff shake-ups! Tension with the press! Missteps over her own biography! And to add insult to injury, after the dust had settled, the state Senate seat she gave up to run against Abbott was claimed by a Republican. Davis may be out of politics for now, but she didn’t walk away empty-handed: she is our Bum Steer of the Year.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/wendy-davis-named-texas-monthlys-bum-steer-year
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2014, 05:57:55 pm »

No one suggested that 2014 would be the year that the party roared back to life. No one argued that the Democrats would put the Republicans in a tough spot come Election Day. But did anyone think that Davis, after all the national exposure and all the money that flowed into her coffers, would be throttled so badly by Republican Greg Abbott in her race to become governor? In the end, she lost by more percentage points than Tony Sanchez did in 2002. And she won 270,499 fewer votes than Bill White did in 2010 in his doomed effort against Perry. It’s not that the Democrats underperformed. It’s that the party that hasn’t won a statewide race since 1994 actually dug itself an even deeper hole!

No - she ended up making this "conservative" state look FOOLISH. And to boot - she comes from a conservative district in the Ft Worth area(so obviously, she has her "backers").

As for the Democratic Party here in Texas - don't forget about that sodomite mayor in Houston that's quietly gone under the radar. And every one of the big cities(Austin, Dallas, Ft Worth, El Paso, etc) have Democrat mayors. AND not to mention too the flood of megachurches(with their rock music and orange juliuses running rampant).
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2015, 07:12:45 am »

Wendy Davis Only Supported Open-Carry To Win Election
"I've always been true to my core beliefs. Always....And this was the only time I felt like I'd strayed a bit from that."

In her first interview since losing by 20 points to Greg Abbott for Texas governor, Wendy Davis admitted that she only supported the open carry of handguns to win over voters.

When asked if she had any regrets, Davis answered that she doesn’t but would change something things she did during the ill-fated campaign.

“I don't live in the world of regret," Davis said and added that, “There is one thing that I would do differently in that campaign, and it relates to the position that I took on open carry. I made a quick decision on that with a very short conversation with my team and it wasn't really in keeping with what I think is the correct position on that issue."

Davis continued to explain her stance that she does support “people’s right to own and to bear arms in appropriate situations,” but stated that open carry would be used “to intimidate and cause fear.”

"Though I certainly support people's right to own and to bear arms in appropriate situations," she said, "I fear with open carry, having watched that issue unfold during the campaign, that it will be used to intimidate and cause fear."

She also stressed how she has always stayed true to her core beliefs except for this one time that she wasn’t.

"What I do know is that as an elected public servant, I've always been true to my core beliefs. Always. And I'm so proud of that," she said. "And this was the only time I felt like I'd strayed a bit from that."

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/wendy-davis-only-supported-open-carry-win-election
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: