End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 05:00:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Hello

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1754 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2011, 07:29:34 pm »

Lets see, i was asked for my Testimony and a board on the forum, so guess i should go first.  Grin

I was raised in a non-religous home, mostly evolution prevailed. My Mom would have Mormons over every now and then and i do remember going to a Mormon church when i was younger once. My dad was not a believer at all, it was all evolution for him as far as i know. It wasn't really discussed much.

As for me i was all into science as a little kid. Id sit with my dad and we would watch nature and science programs on TV, one of my fondest memories was sitting with my Dad and watching In Search Of with Lenard Nimoy. My Dad was in the local UFO club at one time so i was interested in that. One thing leads to another, toss in a public education and I'm just your average evolution alien's did kind of person. Heck i read Darwin by the time i was 11.

Now in my teen years i started learning religious beliefs, mostly from UFO and mystery books like Erick Von Dankien and Bermuda Triangle and BigFoot and stuff like that. Well of course that stuff leads to the New-Age, and it wasn't long i was believing all this jumbled up mess. That's usually how the new-age works.

Well a friend of mine named Larry was always kind of religious. He'd claim to be a Christian, but he would be there drinking and doing drugs with the rest of us. But we would talk about religion, mostly the Bible. I against, him for. They never lead any where. But a seed was planted on hearing the stuff he would say. So i would go to the Library, didn't have the internet back then,  Roll Eyes, and look into what he would say, to prove him wrong. Well this went on for a couple of years, and finally i joined the Army at age 17. I did an odd enlistment to where i took Basic between my Junior and Senior year of school.

I started to read the New Testament in Basic, as your allowed to keep one and the Gideons were always there passing them out. The stuff made no sense to me, and there wasn't any one in my platoon that could answer any of it. So oh well... I finally went back home for School. Not much changed. Still doing drugs still not believing. Until something happened..

I was an acid freak, loved the stuff. When i first learned of hallucinogens in 8th grade health class i was hooked. I used to do a lot, and i mean a lot. Well one night i had just to much, it was what is called a bad trip, and it was really bad. I fully believed i died that night, I prayed for the first time in my life and meant it, to Jesus. I asked him to save me, the next thing i knew i was out side of my body looking at it laying in bed. A friend of mine was there shacking my body trying to wake me up, and he was panicking. I looked to my right and there was a person holding my hand, he was dressed in white and shiny, and i do not remember his face. He pointed at my body and i do remember he smiled. The next thing that happened was i was back in my body, and all the drugs were gone. And i was on a lot of drugs. Just gone like that, poof!!! I fell asleep and slept a perfect night.

The next day i didn't know what to make of it. My friend thought it was just a trip, yet he really thought i was dead. Any way, i picked up a Bible and started reading it, really reading it. I didn't know where to start so i started at the end. than the middle than the beginning. Nothing made sense. So i let it go...

I graduated went off to AIT, which is school in the Army, i was a mechanic. I wasn't a born again Christian yet but i was open to talk about it and learn. After AIT i returned home as i was in the Reserves, I enlisted in Active Army but I would have a 6 month wait before i shipped out for Germany.

I hooked back up with my old friend Larry, he changed his life around and got saved as he put it. We would sit around and have Bible discussions, and he told me about Jesus and the Bible and the Rapture and i was like this stuff is for real. I didn't have anything to challenge him with. Every thing he said just made sense, praise Jesus!. I was hooked and accepted Jesus as my personal savior.

My girl friend at the time, she got saved too, and we have been married for 18 years now. I went away to Germany a new Christian and had a very hard time. I came back and things weren't that great. I eventually got out of the Army moved back home and found a job. The wife and I started going back to our old church, but it just didn't feel right. They were now teaching some really odd stuff. So we left that church and got right with Jesus.

He led me to my current Job, gave us 2 great kids, and just recently delivered me from nicotine, praise Jesus!!!!.

I know I'm forgetting a lot, but that's the jist of it. My Mom died in 2001 and she accepted Jesus before she died, my Dad has recently accepted Jesus as his savior. So its all good, trust in Jesus and it will all work out.

So that's my testimony. I went from an ardent defender of evolution and new-age beliefs to following the one true God, Jesus.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 09:05:28 pm »

Thank You Dok for your testimony.

God uses the foolishness of this world to shame the wise. I'm in this same boat too.
Report Spam   Logged
akfools
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 09:13:34 pm »

Doc,
     Thanks for sharing your testimony with us. Lips sealed Personal testimonies to Jesus are a powerfull thing. We can learn from each others experiences, relate to each other as sinners in need of a Saviour, and give glory to God for our victories through Christ Jesus. Praise the Lord!!! It is also nice to know more about each other as brothers and sisters in Christ. This may be the only christian fellowship some of us have access to. I will post my testimony soon. Thanks again and God Bless you.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 12:16:51 am »

To Doc, thanks for sharing this amazing testimony, Praise God that you are where you are now! This forum would not be the same without you, I'm so glad your here brother and we can fellowship.  Smiley Blessings
Report Spam   Logged
William
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 12:03:06 am »

It sounds like you had an even more wild of a ride than I could ever dream of. I know my dad did alot of drugs like meth or acid...I never have, thank the Lord. An awesome Testimony Doc, and very powerful. And it sounds like you have a very strong faith, Praise Jesus Christ!
Report Spam   Logged
seekingtheanswers

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 07:40:08 pm »

Thank the Lord your parents accept Jesus. My mom died a firm believer in joseph smith. So your old church was preaching weird stuff eh? Is it weirder that the stuff on so called t. v. gospel christian programming. One preacher was selling 'blessing' soap. so outrageous.
Report Spam   Logged
Hischild

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 07:39:48 pm »

That was an awesome testimony.  Here's a shout out to Larry.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 09:11:24 am »

Mark, I'm reading your testimony again(last time I did was 4 years ago).

First off, it's a wonderful testimony - but nonetheless, didn't you come to repentance, and faith in our LORD Jesus Christ? It does sound like you repented with a godly sorrow(2nd Cor 7:9-11).

Like I said, I really like your testimony - but just pointing out that you did it properly.(repentance, and faith) B/c if you didn't, you would still be stuck in your evolutionary beliefs like these Hugh Ross types.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 09:19:21 am by 1st Timothy 6:13-14 » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 09:27:17 am »

Mark, I'm reading your testimony again(last time I did was 4 years ago).

First off, it's a wonderful testimony - but nonetheless, didn't you come to repentance, and faith in our LORD Jesus Christ? It does sound like you repented with a godly sorrow(2nd Cor 7:9-11).

Like I said, I really like your testimony - but just pointing out that you did it properly.(repentance, and faith) B/c if you didn't, you would still be stuck in your evolutionary beliefs like these Hugh Ross types.

Yes i did
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 10:11:20 am »

Mark, I have a question - after you got saved, how long after that did you discard your evolution beliefs? And were there others like Larry that pointed you away from them?

I ask this b/c when people get saved, it's not like they discard their sins immediately(b/c they don't have a perfect understanding right away). However, you have these Hugh Ross types that profess to be Christian for many, many years, but still hold to their evolution beliefs.

And yes, I understand that evolution is no different from Catholicism, Mormonism, JW, etc - another religion.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2015, 10:25:54 am »

i discarded them at that time, as that was one of the things that got me saved. But i still clinged on to some stuff as it took a while to unlearn them. IE: the age of the universe, Earth. Dating methods. Not everything happens over night. Paul struggled with issues his whole life. the torn in his side Rom 7:15...
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2015, 10:31:05 am »

i discarded them at that time, as that was one of the things that got me saved. But i still clinged on to some stuff as it took a while to unlearn them. IE: the age of the universe, Earth. Dating methods. Not everything happens over night. Paul struggled with issues his whole life. the torn in his side Rom 7:15...

Ah...Romans 7:15...Romans 7 actually...I'll admit, sometimes I let this chapter fly over my head(b/c of my own pride, thinking I can overcome my own sin overnight).

Thank you for the reminder here!
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2015, 10:39:31 am »

I was just reading Romans 7:15 on my e-sword - so pretty much, it's not just struggling with the lusts of the flesh, but just a lifetime and continual coming to the full knowledge of the truth?

I say this b/c every day in my Christian walk, you have no idea how I've learning and understanding certain portions of scripture for the first time.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: