End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 10:52:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

A "hardened" heart

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A "hardened" heart  (Read 428 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2013, 04:27:50 pm »

I'm talking about the believer here, not the lost world. Will give thoughts on this in the next post, after I post some scripture here.

Mark 6:45  And straightway he constrained his disciples to get into the ship, and to go to the other side before unto Bethsaida, while he sent away the people.
Mar 6:46  And when he had sent them away, he departed into a mountain to pray.
Mar 6:47  And when even was come, the ship was in the midst of the sea, and he alone on the land.
Mar 6:48  And he saw them toiling in rowing; for the wind was contrary unto them: and about the fourth watch of the night he cometh unto them, walking upon the sea, and would have passed by them.
Mar 6:49  But when they saw him walking upon the sea, they supposed it had been a spirit, and cried out:
Mar 6:50  For they all saw him, and were troubled. And immediately he talked with them, and saith unto them, Be of good cheer: it is I; be not afraid.
Mar 6:51  And he went up unto them into the ship; and the wind ceased: and they were sore amazed in themselves beyond measure, and wondered.
Mar 6:52  For they considered not the miracle of the loaves: for their heart was hardened.

Mark 8:14  Now the disciples had forgotten to take bread, neither had they in the ship with them more than one loaf.
Mar 8:15  And he charged them, saying, Take heed, beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, and of the leaven of Herod.
Mar 8:16  And they reasoned among themselves, saying, It is because we have no bread.
Mar 8:17  And when Jesus knew it, he saith unto them, Why reason ye, because ye have no bread? perceive ye not yet, neither understand? have ye your heart yet hardened?
Mar 8:18  Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not? and do ye not remember?
Mar 8:19  When I brake the five loaves among five thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took ye up?
They say unto him, Twelve.
Mar 8:20  And when the seven among four thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took ye up? And they said, Seven.
Mar 8:21  And he said unto them, How is it that ye do not understand?

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 04:52:38 pm »

The reason why I bring this up is b/c as a believer, have there been times where you hardened your heart and closed your ears to something b/c you were AFRAID to hear the truth? No, I'm not talking about when someone rebukes you for a certain sin you have in your life, or a wrong you just did(ie-going to bars, getting angry at something, showing pridefulness by acting like you're a scholar at scripture or whatever, etc).

Here's examples I'm talking about - personally, for a long, long time, I've been a post-trib rapture believer, and an even firmer believer that mariju@na is a poisonous and an addictive illegal drug. There were times over the last couple of years where various people and web sites tried to show me the truth otherwise, but it wasn't that I was deceived, nor it wasn't that I was too stubborn per se, but ultimately for some reason I was just AFRAID to listen to what the pre-trib doctrine and benefits of medical mariju@na are really about.

Look at the passage in Mark 6:45-52 closely - they were afraid to the point where they almost completely forget about the miracle of the loaves b/c their hearts were hardened. And look closely as well at the Mark 8:14 - their hearts were hardened b/c their understanding was darkened.

While I don't want to start another pre-trib rapture discussion - but here's why I'm using this example - my heart was hardened to listen to this doctrine b/c I was AFRAID. And it was b/c of my fearfulness that I ended up missing the whole point of this doctrine...1) For believers during the church age and before the time of Jacob's trouble, our salvation has been sealed unto the day of redemption aka we can't lose our salvation, and that believers have been exhorted consistently throughout the NT passages to look toward Christ's coming, and 2) It's GOD that's unleashes the Revelation judgments during the 7 year tribulation period, and NOT Satan.

Just like how Jesus' disciples forgot about the miracle of the loaves, I'll admit I myself time and time forgot about how b/c I am saved, I(like all of the other believers) are sealed unto the day of redemption. And to boot - I end up forgetting that it's God that puts out the strong delusion to those in the world that reject the love of the truth.

Even a better example is the mariju@na issue - again, FEAR on my part b/c my heart just got hardened to the truth. For some reason, I had this crazy notion that if I listen to even 2 minutes of it, that I might get deceived and sucked into a potential lie. And to boot - I just assumed that b/c the same states that passed legalizing m@rijuana were also the same states that passed legalizing gay marriage, that it must mean it's bad. But nonetheless...

Prov_18:13  He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.

Ultimately, I'll admit I more oftentimes than not turned a blind eye to all of the wickedness that is processed food, and even to some extent pharmaceutical drugs. It was as if my understanding was completely darkened.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 05:55:06 am »

Thank you brother! "Thy sins be forgiven thee"
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 04:15:46 am »

Thanks for that study!

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: