End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 01:59:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Cris Putnam and his anti-KJV beliefs

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cris Putnam and his anti-KJV beliefs  (Read 850 times)
Christian40

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2013, 03:05:57 am »

Comments from Cris Putnam

Slaughtering a Sacred Cow: the KJVonly Argument From Psalm 12

"Fear based false beliefs are called “strong holds” in the Bible and part of my call to ministry is the destruction of strongholds (2 Cor. 10:4). This is not an attack on the Bible or even the King James Version. Rather, it is an attack on a false idea about the Bible—a stronghold—I am slaughtering a sacred cow. Here is the primary argument you will see repeatedly used by the KJVonlyist:"

"How do you respond to this without destroying someone’s faith? Well first of all it is unfortunate that his faith is in the wrong thing. I believe this is idolatry or perhaps bibliolatry. These folks have made an idol out of the King James Bible. Next, notice the selfish demands placed on God. “If God will not meet my requirements, then why bother?” That is quite a presumption. It reminds me of the atheists who say, “If God wants me to believe in Him, then he should appear to me."

(Ps 12:6–7, KJV)
The words of the LORD are pure words as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Thou shalt keep them O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation forever.

Psalm 12:6–7 (NIV)
6 And the words of the Lord are flawless, like silver purified in a crucible, like gold refined seven times.
7 You, Lord, will keep the needy safe and will protect us forever from the wicked,

"In fact, this is one passage where the NIV (cue foreboding music) has a vastly superior rendering to the KJV."

"I am far from an expert but I have completed one year of biblical Hebrew at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary as well as working through Dr. Michael Heiser’s training videos for Logos Bible software on my own"

http://www.logosapologia.org/?p=5109
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 03:13:32 am »

More delusion blogging from Chris Putnam

"Why the King James is Not a Perfect Inspired Translation

The King James Bible translation was great piece of work for its day but is it really the perfect infallible word of God for all time? I do not think so. Due to archeology and scholarship, we have gained a lot of knowledge about the ancient world since 1611 and modern Bibles reflect this much more accurate and informed scholarship. For example, the Masoretic text of the Old Testament dates to AD 1000 but today we have access to the Dead Sea Scrolls (with Old Testament fragments back to 200 BC) and thousands of Ugaritic and other texts that inform us about the context of the Old Testament. In 1611, this stuff was buried under ground. Translations like the ESV are far superior to the KJV because they reflect this new knowledge.

As far as the discussion concerning NT manuscripts, Dr. Dan Wallace has penned a fine essay here. What you will find is that the KJVonlyist arguments are very misleading and trade on fear. Studying church history reveals that scribes added things over time rather than taking them out. The verses KJVonly people claim have been removed are additions, usually by Catholic scribes.  We want to study the inspired word not a medieval Catholic’s additions (as in the case of 1 John 5:7 KJV).

If you like the King James Bible and prefer to use it then I have no problem with that. This post is directed toward those KJV-only people who argue that God inspired the KJV translators to preserve a perfect inerrant translation of his word in 1611. This idea is easily disproved but persists with a cultist tenacity.

I joined a Facebook group called “King James Bible Debate” but I quickly discovered the members did not really want to debate. After the numerous pleasantries concerning me being a Jesuit plant were offered, I presented an argument that went unanswered… silence…  and I mean crickets were chirping… a few red herrings and non sequiturs were proffered and, then I was hurriedly banned from the group ( I suppose for being Jesuit). It’s very revealing when a group must silence dissent in order to preserve the paradigm – it is how cults always operate. The argument that got me banned is as follows:

The God of the Hebrews hates false gods (Judges 2:17; Jer. 14:22; 18:15).
The Greek term pascha means ‘passover’ and the KJV translators rendered it as passover 28 times. “Now the feast of unleavened bread drew nigh, which is called the Passover.” (Lk 22:1, AV)
However, they rendered the same exact same term as “Easter” in Acts 12. “And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.”(Ac 12:4, AV)
The English word “Easter” is derived from the name of an Anglo-Saxon goddess, Ēostre, a form of the widely attested Indo-European dawn goddess. Saint Bede the Venerable, an Anglo-Saxon theologian, historian, and chronologist, best known today for his Historia ecclesiastica gentis Anglorum recorded in the 8th century that it was it derived from Eostre, or Eostrae, the Anglo-Saxon goddess of Spring and fertility.
The God of the Bible would never inspire a translator to name His holy feast day after a pagan goddess (Isaiah 42:Cool. This violates His character and holiness.

Therefore, the King James Bible is not a perfect inspired translation. This seems decisive enough to dismiss the central claim of the KJVonly cult but in light of a dispute over etymology I’ll offer one more argument that is similarly devastating to the “perfect translation” idea.

When Luke wrote the book of Acts, he had an actual date and time in mind. There was no “Easter” celebration in Jerusalem in the AD 60s when Acts was composed. Luke meant the Jewish passover feast and it is well established that the early church celebrated Jesus resurrection during passover.

The paschal feast thus took place in the primitive Church at the same time as the Jewish Passover, that is, on the night of the 15th Nisan, and by the date rather than the day. The feast had, however, a very different character from the Jewish Passover, though without denying its derivation from this. [1]

Due to replacement theology and anti-Semitism, the Council of Nicea defined Easter specifically so it was not on the date of the Jewish Passover. Constantine wrote:

And in the first place, it seemed very unworthy for us to keep this most sacred feast following the custom of the Jews, a people who have soiled their hands in a most terrible outrage, and have thus polluted their souls, and are now deservedly blind. Since we have cast aside their way of calculating the date of the festival, we can ensure that future generations can celebrate this observance at the more accurate time which we have kept from the first day of the passion until the present time….  — Emperor Constantine, following the Council of Nicaea [2]

Thus, by definition Easter does not denote the date that the inspired author Luke intended.

Therefore, the KJV is not a perfect inspired translation.

When your belief system is hinged on something as precarious as absolute perfection from a group of fallible men, one counterexample implodes the house of cards.

The doctrine of biblical inerrancy applies to the original autographs written in Hebrew, Aramaic and Koine Greek. Although we do not have those originals, the science of textual criticism, as employed by Holy Spirit led scholars, gives a Greek New Testament text that we can confidently assess to be around 99% true to the originals in modern editions like the NA28. Translations are another matter. Some concepts in Hebrew and Greek do not translate to English directly, so no English translation is infallibly perfect, it is not even possible,  because they all must compromise at points. But thanks to hard working scholars and archeologists, we have a very accurate rendering of the ancient text that we can trust for all maters of faith and doctrine."

http://www.logosapologia.org/?p=5094
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 09:32:01 am »

Putnam is one of those hidden catholics. He fully supports catholic bibles and teachings and takes books that were never in the Bible as more authoritative than the Bible itself. And he runs with Tom Horn and Steve Quayle, nuff said there.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 10:41:45 am »

This is a pattern I find within a lot of the people in the internet discernment network. No, not all of them are bad(some of them are very good), but a lot of them will do good things like exposing the Emergent/Postmodernism Church wolves in these last days we're living in(which I strongly agree with doing, BTW), but then turn right around quietly and make attacks on the KJV.

DA Carson is one example, and don't get me started on James White. It's as if they're ONLY exposing A FEW of the enemies of the church, but then quietly are leading you into much bigger heresies.

As for the Emergent Church - again, I'm glad the internet is exposing them(as 99% of the church buildings out there are silent on them), but nonetheless what they are doing in the pseudo-Christian world is what Obama is doing in the political world, putting that final nail in the coffin(otherwise, the rotten seeds were planted LONG ago).
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 09:18:41 pm »

In Memory of
Cris David Putnam
June 15, 1965 - March 1, 2017

Obituary

Cris David Putnam, 51, passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday, evening March 1, 2017. Born on June 15, 1965 in Albuquerque, New Mexico; he was the son of Majel Leonhardt Putnam and the late David Putnam. He attained his Masters Degree from Liberty University and was a published Christian author.

He is survived by his wife: Michelle Huisman Putnam, of Raleigh; mother: Majel Putnam, of Raleigh; brother: Russell Putnam and wife Sharon, of Garner; and by his furry companion: "Mickey".

Services are being arranged at Providence Baptist Church. Once day and time are confirmed, we will update the information on this webpage. Please take a moment to leave a condolence to the family below.

In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the church at 6339 Glenwood Ave, Raleigh, NC 27612.

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Cris-Putnam&lc=7300&pid=184348814&mid=7316876
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 01:14:50 am »

In Memory of
Cris David Putnam
June 15, 1965 - March 1, 2017

Obituary

Cris David Putnam, 51, passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday, evening March 1, 2017. Born on June 15, 1965 in Albuquerque, New Mexico; he was the son of Majel Leonhardt Putnam and the late David Putnam. He attained his Masters Degree from Liberty University and was a published Christian author.

He is survived by his wife: Michelle Huisman Putnam, of Raleigh; mother: Majel Putnam, of Raleigh; brother: Russell Putnam and wife Sharon, of Garner; and by his furry companion: "Mickey".

Services are being arranged at Providence Baptist Church. Once day and time are confirmed, we will update the information on this webpage. Please take a moment to leave a condolence to the family below.

In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the church at 6339 Glenwood Ave, Raleigh, NC 27612.

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Cris-Putnam&lc=7300&pid=184348814&mid=7316876

that was unexpected 
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: