End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 05:08:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Falling Away, sodomite version

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Falling Away, sodomite version  (Read 27228 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2015, 09:09:27 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/south-carolina-college-comes-against-homosexuality-202835316.html
2/27/15
South Carolina college comes out against homosexuality
In 2014, two male student-athletes at Erskine College in South Carolina announced they are gay. Now, the small Christian school has issued a statement taking a stance against homosexuality.

Last year, two male volleyball players at Erskine College in Due West, S.C. went public with their homosexuality. The young men's admission was welcomed by their peers and teammates, who provided an encouraging atmosphere that felt like “family.”

Now, the Christian school has released a statement opposing homosexuality.
According to the school’s website, the Student Services and Athletic Committee submitted the statement, which was approved by the full board. The administration will determine how to integrate the new statement into campus culture and procedures and will add it to official manuals.

The statement comes as an effort to re-align the university’s mission with the teachings of the Bible, and guide the school in developing policies regarding the school’s stance on homosexuality.

How this decision will affect lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender students who are currently part of the student body remains to be seen.

The announcement has already drawn attention to the small Christian liberal arts school, which has a student body of 575. Understanding the complexity and controversy of homosexuality from a religious standpoint, the school’s statement addresses concerns while still announcing its stance on homosexual behavior.

The statement, in part, reads:

Erskine recognizes the complexity of current issues regarding sexual morality, marriage, and other expressions of human sexuality such as same-sex attraction, gender identity, and sex outside the covenant of marriage. Therefore, the Erskine community is advised to practice humility and prayerfulness when engaging in any conversations or other actions related to these topics. Erskine’s conduct policies and procedures seek to uphold biblical standards, promote repentance and grace, and point people to Jesus Christ . . . We believe the Bible teaches that all sexual activity outside the covenant of marriage is sinful and therefore ultimately destructive to the parties involved. As a Christian academic community, and in light of our institutional mission, members of the Erskine community are expected to follow the teachings of scripture concerning matters of human sexuality and institutional decisions will be made in light of this position.”

Students Drew Davis and Juan Varona publicly came out as gay last year in a profile featured on Outsports.com. The two individuals – who play Division II volleyball for the school – reported that while they were worried about how their orientation would be received, they were surprised at the outpouring of support from their friends and teammates.

"I was so happy for [Drew]," Michael Shneck, a volleyball team member, told Outsports. "Just finally being himself, being who he wants to be. It was cool to hear that he's so comfortable with himself that he could tell the rest of us who he really was."

Davis said his admission helped him gain confidence and feel more comfortable with himself.

"I've never had a team so close," Davis said. "They're like brothers to me. They are so accepting, and that has really made me more confident in myself."

Davis said that at the time, the only negative reaction he received was when his roommate moved out in fear that others would think he too was gay.

The volleyball coach also questioned the negative effect it would have on the team if Varona and Davis started dating and it ended on bad terms. Both players assured the coach there was no risk of such an interaction, so the team continued to move forward.

Last year, the volleyball team won its conference and was one of six teams to advance to the NCAA tournament, according to Sports Illustrated.

Erskine College is affiliated with the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church, who may have been pressuring the school to take a firmer stance on homosexuality on campus. Chuck Wilson, the editor of ARPTalk, accused the school of avoiding controversial topics such as sexual orientation and adultery, and questioned if the school's approach was to “look the other way.

“The problem at Erskine is this: not only do most of the folks on the administration, staff, and faculty not know how to deal with the sins of homosexuality; they do not know how to Biblically address the other sexual sins on the Biblical sin-list,” Mr. Wilson wrote on ARPTalk.org. “Other than hypocrisy, what is accomplished by a college calling itself ‘Christian’ and not teaching and expecting Christian behavior? And therein lies the problem at Erskine. The folks at Erskine talk about Erskine being a ‘gospel enterprise’; however, talk is all they do.”

With the college’s new stance on homosexuality, Varona said he is concerned about the implications it will have on others who may be struggling with their sexual identities.

"The release of this statement makes me disappointed because I have never received anything but kind treatment from everyone at this school, and my sexual orientation is no secret. So it took me by surprise, Varona told Outsports.com. “The school took several steps back instead of progressing towards a future where everyone can be treated as an equal, which is a future most of the country is moving towards.”

Varona continued to say that he understands the complexity of addressing homosexuality from a religious angle, but said this decision may not be the best way to go about it.

"I understand the religious stand on adultery, which is part of the Ten Commandments in the Bible, and that would apply to heterosexual and homosexual people,” Varona said. “t just made me sad and worried for other gay people who might be struggling with confidence to come out."
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: