End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 08:23:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Falling Away, sodomite version

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Falling Away, sodomite version  (Read 27169 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: February 14, 2017, 03:39:24 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 02, 2017, 08:38:51 pm »

Apostasy Watch: Glitter Ash Welcomes 'Gay Christians' to Celebrate Lent

This is a triple whammy, Ash Wednesday, Lent are fake catholic magical holidays and now its Glitter Ash day..  Cheesy

First, CoverGirl dubs its first cover boy, complete with glittery makeup. Now, pastors across the nation are mixing purple glitter into ashes for Ash Wednesday.

Ash Wednesday is the first day of Lent in the Western church world. It's a liturgical practice marked by fasting, prayer and sacrifice that starts 46 days before Easter.

"I think it's really important for the church to respond to the intolerance and culture of fear that is being created especially toward LGBTQ people," April Gutierrez, pastor of Berry United Methodist, told the Chicago Tribune. Ash Wednesday, she told the paper, is a moment for believers to remember who they are called to be as Christians.

Some are calling this blasphemy, but Marian Edmonds-Allen, executive director of a faith-based organization that works to empower LGBT and allied people, disagrees.

"In fact, the whole point of Glitter Ash Wednesday is to reflect the deep, somber, serious faith in Jesus' life, death and resurrection that millions of queer Christians have," she says. "And yes, there are millions of us queer and queer-positive Christians. Surprised? No wonder, because the lie gets told over and over again that 'God hates (obscenity)' and that homosexuality is sinful. Precious few queer Christians survive the hate and make it through to become visible members of the church."

I don't believe God hates homosexuals, but homosexuality is absolutely a sin. The truth is God loves homosexuals but hates the sin because it separates Him from the creation He loved so much He sent His only begotten Son to die (John 3:16). Glitter Ash Wednesday is just one more demonic propaganda tool to mainstream perversion.

What's our response as a church? Pray, prophesy and preach the unadulterated gospel of Jesus Christ.

The gospel is good news, but Satan has blinded the minds of those who don't believe (2 Cor. 4:4). We need to pray that the blinders are removed. We need to prophesy life and not curse people trapped in homosexuality. And we need to stand firm on the truth, because that's what sets people free.

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/watchman-on-the-wall/63348-apostasy-watch-glitter-ash-welcomes-gay-christians-to-celebrate-lent
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 13, 2017, 06:26:42 pm »

Female Minister Who Identifies as Male Asserts: ‘God Is Transgender’

read that again

A female minister in Texas who identifies as male recently declared at the state capitol that “God is transgender” in expressing her opposition to a proposed bill that requires those using restrooms and locker rooms in government buildings and public schools to use the facility that corresponds with the gender on their birth certificate.

Seth Wynn, who leads Agape Metropolitan Community Church in Fort Worth, began her speech refuting another pastor who had cited the Book of Genesis in expressing support for the legislation.

“In the beginning, God created humankind in God’s image. God created them male and female, so God is transgender,” Wynn asserted, as those gathered erupted in cheers and applause.

“So, it’s important that we all remember that—that we’re all created in the image of what is holy and divine and sacred, and we should all be treated that way,” she added.

Wynn cited a quote from author Anne Lamont, suggesting that those who disagree with transgenderism are hateful and have created a God in their own image.

“If I have anything to do about it, … we’re going to stop using God to hate people,” she declared, again drawing loud cheers. “Because it’s true—I think Anne Lamont said this—If God hates all the same people you do, then you’ve created God in your image.”

As previously reported, Wynn spoke before the Senate Affairs Committee on Tuesday, stating that bill’s requirement to use the restroom that corresponds with one’s birth gender poses an issue. Wynn’s birth certificate says female, but she sports a full beard.

“There’s been a lot of conversation, too, about having men in the women’s bathroom,” she said. “And I guarantee you there’s going to be a problem if I show up in a woman’s bathroom.”

Wynn later stated during her speech outside the capitol that she didn’t believe many of those who testified in favor of the bill were being loving.

“I felt a lot a things in that room this morning, and love and compassion and were not those,” she said. “So, let us also be mindful to be embodiments of, and be the people, who even as we stand up for our communities and ourselves, we still are loving and compassionate and truthful.”

As previously reported, the bill at issue is Senate Bill 6, also known as the Texas Privacy Act. It was filed by Sen. Lois Kolkhorst, R-Brenham in January.

The measure is three pronged: It prohibits local municipalities from creating ordinances that control restroom usage at private businesses, requires those who use lavatories or locker rooms at government buildings and schools to use the men’s room if they were born a man and vice versa, and increases criminal penalties for crimes committed in restrooms, dressing rooms or locker rooms.

“A political subdivision or state agency with control over multiple-occupancy bathrooms or changing facilities in a building owned or leased by this state or the political subdivision, as applicable, shall develop a policy requiring each multiple occupancy bathroom or changing facility located in the building to be designated for and used only by persons of the same biological sex,” S.B. 6 reads in part.

The bill was advanced by the committee on Wednesday with only a single lawmaker voting against it.

http://christiannews.net/2017/03/12/female-minister-who-identifies-as-male-asserts-god-is-transgender/

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 22, 2017, 11:01:41 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 27, 2017, 12:52:36 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 12, 2017, 07:33:42 pm »

Profane ‘Pastor’ Welcomes Open Homosexuals, Admits He ‘Doesn’t Care’ What Bible Says

A profanity-speaking preacher who has lost hundreds in his congregation over his decision to allow open homosexuals to serve in leadership positions, and who says he “doesn’t care” what the Bible has to say on the issue, is featured in a new online video that has received over a million views in less than a week.

Ryan Meeks is the founder of EastLake Community Church in Bothell, Washington, which identifies itself as “an inclusive Christian community where faith is less about a story to be believed as it is a life to be lived.”

In 2015, Meeks announced that he believed a “move of the Spirit” caused him to rethink how he had handled the issue of homosexuality. In the April 8th video released by Upworthy, Meeks—amid clips of profanity usage—noted that he used to shy away from the topic.

“When it came to the conversation around the LGBT community and church policy, or what does the Bible say about homosexuality, I always felt awkward about it. I didn’t want to bring it up,” he explained.

“I felt like I needed to scare people into believing the right thing because the God who loves them is going to send most of human history to Hell,” Meeks said. “That’s the Good News? Sounds pretty [expletive]!”

He outlined that when one of the members of the EastLake worship team came out as a lesbian and feared that she would consequently lose the right to serve, he questioned how he had come across to others.

“[M]y heart broke and I just realized I had been a coward for too long,” Meeks recalled.

He decided that EastLake would therefore be “open and affirming” going forward. However, he knew that the choice would carry consequences and he might lose the congregation.

“I took so many sit-down meetings where people with their open Bible would be like (pointing to the Scriptures),” he said, mocking their insistence to hold to the word of God.

According to the Upworthy video, hundreds left EastLake over the decision, which resulted in the loss of $2.8 million, the layoff of staff and the closure of its campuses.

But despite the backlash, Meeks has not changed his mind.

“I don’t care if the Bible says, ‘Gay people [crude language],'” he declared. “The Bible is pro-slavery, both in the Old Testament and the New Testament. It doesn’t have a very great view of women leading and teaching. I have lots of things I disagree with about the Bible.”

“We’ve decided [the Bible] fell from the sky and now we’ve got to [use] it like a manual for how to run the Earth, how to legislate morality. And that’s not what it is,” Meeks asserted. “If we need to consult an ancient book to know what to do when a human being is in front of us, I think we’re [crude language] already.”

The video has received mixed response from its over one million viewers.

“As a bi-sexual Christian, this is the kind of church we need more of. I only found one that wholeheartedly accepted me and I had to move away so couldn’t continue going there. They also loved me regardless of the fact I had a child out of wedlock as a single mother. Anywhere else I’ve gone has tried to force me to change,” one commenter wrote. “Judgment is not love.”

“Homosexuality is a sin like any other sin. God loves us so much that He doesn’t want us to remain in our sinfulness, but He wants to transform us by the renewing of our minds—to go from glory to glory,” another stated. “We are all born into sin, and homosexuality was not how God created us to be intimate with one another. Any Bible believing, Holy Spirit-filled Christian will come to this conclusion.”

As previously reported, Christians believe that homosexuality—like any sin—is a part of the Adamic sin nature that must be regenerated by the second birth, as Jesus outlined in John 3:5-7, “Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.”

http://christiannews.net/2017/04/12/profane-pastor-welcomes-open-homosexuals-admits-he-doesnt-care-what-bible-says/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 24, 2017, 08:56:13 pm »

Lesbian Methodist bishop faces challenge to her election

Karen Oliveto clutched a friend's hand, closed her eyes and wept when she learned last year she had been elected a bishop of the United Methodist Church. Oliveto, who is married to another woman, had become the denomination's first openly gay bishop.

Within minutes, a formal complaint was filed challenging her election as contrary to the church ban on clergy who are "self-avowed practicing homosexuals" - a petition that the highest Methodist judicial authorities agreed to consider. On Tuesday, the court will take up the closely watched case, the latest flashpoint over LGBT rights in a denomination splintering over the Bible and homosexuality.

"It highlights very greatly that we are two different churches and that the real difference is whether or not we're going to live by the covenant that we each have agreed to," said the Rev. Rob Renfroe, who leads Good News, a caucus of evangelical Methodists that has lobbied to uphold current teaching. Said Oliveto, "I'm in deep prayer, reminding myself of what God has called me to do."

Oliveto, who is based in the Denver area, will attend the hearing in Newark, New Jersey, accompanied by fellow bishops from the church's Western Jurisdiction, her wife, mother and childhood pastor. LGBT clergy and their supporters plan to pray outside and wear T-shirts listing the first names only of gay clergy who would risk losing their ministerial credentials by coming out.

The goal is to underscore the human cost of church policy, said the Rev. Lea Matthews of the LGBT advocacy group Methodists in New Directions. Prayer vigils are planned in the Methodist Mountain Sky Area region, which Oliveto leads, while others will join a prayer vigil online.

The court, or Judicial Council, is expected to issue a ruling a few days later.

The 12.8 million-member church, the third-largest in the U.S., was already in turmoil over same-sex relationships when Oliveto was elected. Methodists approved language in 1972 calling same-gender relationships "incompatible with Christian teaching." The top church policy-making body, or General Conference, has upheld that policy ever since, even as LGBT rights gained acceptance and other mainline Protestants, including the Episcopal Church and the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), approved same-sex marriage. In recent years, the Methodists have seen their greatest growth overseas, especially in Africa, among more theologically conservative people, who have been standing with U.S. evangelical Methodists against recognizing same-gender relationships.

Deeply frustrated, Methodist LGBT advocates have stepped up pressure for new policies, holding same-sex weddings in defiance of church prohibitions and coming out as gay and lesbian from the pulpit. Conservatives responded by intensifying demands for church discipline over such actions. In one high-profile case, the Rev. Frank Schaefer was tried by a church court and defrocked for presiding at the wedding of his son to another man. Schaefer was later reinstated as a minister on an appeal of the ruling.

These divisions erupted dramatically last year at a meeting of the General Conference, which was rife with talk of a possible schism. At one point, LGBT advocates on the perimeter of a session lay on the floor with rainbow-colored duct tape over their mouths. In a narrow 428-405 vote, the conference delayed consideration of LGBT-related proposals and instead created a panel, called the Commission on a Way Forward, to review all church policy on human sexuality, aiming to find a way to keep the church together.

Renfroe said he was more focused on the outcome of the commission's work than the Oliveto hearing, although he said her election has made it harder to persuade conservative congregations to stay with the denomination while the commission conducts its review. Two large Mississippi congregations recently voted to move toward a split from the church.

In making a ruling, the high court will consider technical aspects of church law, contained in the Methodist Book of Discipline, said William Lawrence, a professor at the Perkins School of Theology at Southern Methodist University and a former member of the Judicial Council. Potential outcomes range from a technical decision on procedure alone that keeps Oliveto in place to a decision that would void her election, Lawrence said. "There is an extraordinary range," Lawrence said.

Ahead of the hearing, Oliveto released a video message to her church region in which she expressed some anxiety. "I find myself holding my breath in this time of uncertainty," she said. But she said she felt assured that "God is working God's purpose out."

"I love being your bishop," she said, then asked Methodists to pray.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_REL_METHODISTS_LESBIAN_BISHOP?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-04-24-14-27-49
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 30, 2017, 04:40:43 am »

someone did something right

UMC Rules Against Apostasy, LGBT Bishops As Clergy

The United Methodist Church Judicial Council ruled lesbian, gay, transgender and bisexual members could not be consecrated as clergy.

The ruling came after married lesbian Karen Oliveto was consecrated as bishop last year. Despite the ruling, Oliveto can still serve as bishop until it is determined she violated these standards. guess not, she is a woman

"The Judicial Council had a difficult task of ruling on the narrow basis of church law that has been carefully developed over the years to protect the rights of clergy accused of wrongdoing—sometimes well beyond the bounds of reasonable doubt and to the point of sidelining concern for victims," UMAction Director and 2016 General Conference delegate John Lomperis said in a release.

"I celebrate that these landmark rulings should now make it significantly easier to bring accountability for pastors who choose to violate biblical standards for sexual self-control. We are slowly but increasingly strengthening biblical accountability in our church," the statement continued.

According to the release, this binding ruling clarifies several matters in United Methodist church law: Because of church standards only recognizing monogamous, heterosexual marriage and disapproving of sexual relations outside of it (Paragraphs 161B, 161F, 310.2d, and 2702.1b of the UMC's governing Book of Discipline), which UMC clergy must vow to uphold, any "partnered homosexual ... does not meet the minimum standards" for ordination, and a minister found to be "openly homosexual and partnered" cannot be made bishop.

To be disciplined for violating separate provisions prohibiting the ordination of "self-avowed practicing homosexuals" (Paragraphs 304.3 and 2702.1b), it can be enough to prove that a minister is in a same-sex civil marriage.

http://www.charismanews.com/us/64596-umc-rules-against-apostasy-lgbt-bishops-as-clergy
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 01, 2017, 06:11:57 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/lgbtqp-flag-flown-wheaton-college-taken-gay-pride-flag/
The LGBTQP Gay Pride Flag Flown At Wheaton Christian College Before Being Taken Down
Wheaton College released a statement admitting that someone had posted the gay pride flag without permission—but it has since been taken down.

by Geoffrey Grider May 1, 2017

There’s a controversy brewing at one of the nation’s most prominent Christian colleges. It seems someone posted a gay pride flag in the dining hall at Wheaton College.

“For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:” Romans 1:26 (KJV)

The mother of a Wheaton student sent me a photograph. “When the gay pride flag flies at your Christian college, it is a direct attack on the Word of God; it’s shameful,” the parent told me.

She asked that she not be identified, and I’ve obliged.

“Wheaton has compromised with truth long ago and fears the wrath of media and gay students more than they fear the Lord God,” she said.
Wheaton College released a statement admitting that someone had posted the gay pride flag without permission—but it has since been taken down.

“The flag, which had been placed among a display of international flags that hang throughout the dining hall, was immediately removed from the display,” the statement read.

There’s no word on how long the flag had been posted, but the mom who contacted me said students who believe in traditional values are afraid to speak out—lest they offend activists.

“Whether or not the raising of the flag was approved, this is how afraid these kids are of seeming like bigots or homophobes,” the mom told me. “That have learned well that blatantly standing for truth is not well received there on this issue.”

“The real important issue is the subtle and not-so-subtle silencing of those who believe in the objective truths of God’s Word,” she added. “When the flagship school of evangelicalism sends the message that to do so is hateful or unkind, we are in deep trouble. And we are.” source
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 21, 2017, 06:26:34 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 22, 2017, 02:33:52 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 29, 2017, 05:56:37 pm »

‘Church of Scotland’ Backs Homosexual Unions

The Church of Scotland has taken steps to allow its ministers to perform same-sex “weddings,” after debating a report in its General Assembly.

The report, put forward by the influential Theological Forum, acknowledged that the Bible condemns same-sex acts, but claimed Scripture was framed by cultural context.

Marriage was redefined in Scotland in 2014, but individual churches are not required to participate in same-sex ceremonies.

Continue reading this story

http://www.christian.org.uk/news/church-scotland-backs-homosexual-unions/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 03, 2017, 09:26:31 am »

http://www.faithfamilyamerica.com/church_planting_leader_comes_out_as_transgender_woman

Church Planting Leader Comes Out as Transgender Woman
By Judy Clair
faith June 23, 2017

These are signs of the times, of a Church in trouble. We are seeing more Christians divided by the issue of sexuality, though the Bible is quite clear on its stance about gender and sexuality.

Paul Williams, former leader of the conservative church planting organization Orchard Group for 20 years, has publicly come out as a transgender woman named Paula Stone Williams, reports the Christian Post. His son, Jonathan (also a pastor), shares with the New York Times in a recent interview about how he found out and how it rocked him.

Paul told his son in 2012, a year before he retired from his leadership position.  "She said transgender," Jonathan said, referring to his father.

"I was relieved for a split second, not really knowing or understanding what it was," he shared. "This was before Caitlyn Jenner or 'Transparent.' Then within minutes, going: 'Oh, wait a second — wait a second. This is a way bigger deal. I would rather you be gay or be splitting up from Mom.' It was this weird wave of emotion. We had a church Christmas party that night, so I get this information and I have to go to the church Christmas party and pretend everything's O.K. I drank too much and did my best to put on a happy face, but it was pretty brutal."

Keeping the secret was so hard on Jonathan. "I couldn't say anything to anyone," shared Jonathan, shown below. "Here I am going, 'Let's be authentic, let's be a community that loves one another,' and I'm not being authentic. I'm not telling people what's going on in my life."

more
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 05, 2017, 07:03:11 pm »

New Survey Finds That Evangelical Christian Support For Gay Marriage Has More Than Doubled – The American Dream

A new survey just released by the Pew Research Center has found that support for gay marriage in the United States is at an all-time record high. According to the survey, 62 percent of all Americans are now in favor of allowing gays and lesbians to get married, and only 32 percent are opposed. These numbers have almost flipped completely upside down from where they were a decade ago. In 2007, 54 percent of all Americans were against gay marriage and only 37 percent were in favor of it. To say that our culture has been transformed over the past ten years would be a major understatement.

One of the biggest shifts that we have seen has been among evangelicals. This brand new survey discovered that support for gay marriage among white evangelicals has more than doubled since 2007…

Support for same-sex marriage has risen across all religious groups in recent years, including among white evangelicals and black Protestants. Support for same sex-marriage among white Evangelicals has more than doubled compared with a decade ago (14% then, 35% now), while the share of black Protestants who favor same-sex marriage has increased from 24% in 2007 to 44% today.

In particular, the shift in favor of gay marriage among evangelicals has been most noticeable among young people. Today, a staggering 47 percent of all white evangelicals born after 1964 favor gay marriage…

Overall, white evangelical Protestants continue to stand out for their opposition to same-sex-marriage: 35% of white evangelical Protestants favor same-sex marriage, compared with a 59% majority who are opposed. But younger white evangelicals have grown more supportive: 47% of white evangelical Millennials and Gen Xers – age cohorts born after 1964 – favor same-sex marriage, up from 29% in March 2016. Views among older white evangelicals (Boomers and Silents) have shown virtually no change over the past year (26% now, 25% then).

I honestly don’t know how this is possible.

How in the world did we get to the point where nearly half of all evangelicals born since 1964 have abandoned what the Word of God says about marriage?

As this massive cultural shift continues, it is going to become increasingly difficult for those that still want to try to stand up for traditional values.

Already, we have gotten to the point where no Bible-believing Christians will be able to participate in the wedding industry because the risk of getting slapped with a very costly lawsuit is just too great. One of these cases is headed to the Supreme Court, and so let us be praying for a positive outcome…

Jack Phillips and his Masterpiece Cakeshop in Lakewood, Colorado had never had problems before with homosexual customers. That changed when the Christian owner refused to create a cake to celebrate a same-sex marriage, the business landed in deep legal trouble with the state.

Now the U.S. Supreme Court has agreed to take up Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission.

It pits Phillips’ religious rights against the rights of a gay couple to receive the same and equal treatment under the law as heterosexual couples.

Today, the average American watches approximately five hours of television a day, and more than 90 percent of the news and entertainment that we watch is controlled by just six gigantic media conglomerates. All of those media giants are relentlessly advancing a pro-gay agenda, and we need to realize what is being done to us.

If you allow anyone to feed “programming” into your mind for five house a day, it is going to have a major impact on how you view the world.

This is particularly true of the next generation. Our children are being raised to fully embrace the social agenda of the radical left, and eventually they are going to become the leaders of tomorrow.

Our hearts should break when we read about young kids such as 9-year-old Audrey Cisneros…

But Audrey is realizing it’s not an easy thing for people to understand — especially her fellow fifth-graders. Here’s how she puts it:

“A drag show is a very, very fun and special event where people can express themselves for who they really are, and show it to everyone that is in the room. You don’t judge people just because they dress up as the opposite gender or because they love someone of the same gender. Just be proud of them, don’t fight it.”

On Saturday, Audrey and other children attend a drag queen story hour hosted by My LGBT Plus. Similar events have been held across the country, aiming to familiarize kids with the gay community and give them “glamorous, positive and unabashedly queer role models.”

On the other hand, children all over the country are being banned from bringing Bibles to school or gathering for group prayer.

Eventually it will get to the point where our children can’t even say grace before a meal. If you doubt this, just check out what is happening in Sweden…

Children at a Christian preschool in Sweden are no longer allowed to say grace at mealtimes, “Amen”, or talk about the Bible, after a ruling by the Umeå municipality.

Visiting the preschool for an inspection, supervisors from the district said the activities run contrary to the Education Act, which forbids educational content during school time from containing confessional elements, and states that children at must always have the choice of whether or not to participate.

The municipality said it felt that children at the Salvation Army-run kindergarten were not given enough of an opportunity to opt out of saying grace at mealtimes.

When I say that the radical left wants to eradicate our way of life, I am not exaggerating one bit.

The left does not believe in free speech and the marketplace of ideas. Instead, they believe in hate speech laws and using the legal system as a tool to punish those that do not see things the same way that they do.

Slowly but surely, they are going to criminalize the belief systems of those that disagree with them.

Meanwhile, much of the evangelical church is silent on these issues. Many leaders are concerned that if they do speak out that attendance will go down and offerings will not be as large as they were previously.

If evangelical churches had been boldly proclaiming the truth all this time, support for gay marriage among evangelicals would not have doubled over the past decade.

If we want America to repent and turn in a positive direction, it begins with us, and it is about time that we got started.

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/days-of-lot-new-survey-finds-that-evangelical-christian-support-for-gay-marriage-has-more-than-doubled
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 10, 2017, 04:30:04 pm »

Church of England Votes to Affirm Transgender People: It’s ‘Not a Sin,’ Says Bishop

In a motion that passed with overwhelming support, the Church of England has voted to welcome and affirm transgender individuals.

The Christian Post reports that the Church’s General Synod passed the motion by a significant majority in all three Houses.

"That this Synod, recognizing the need for transgender people to be welcomed and affirmed in their parish church, call on the House of Bishops to consider whether some nationally commended liturgical materials might be prepared to mark a person's gender transition," read the motion, which passed 127-28 in the House of Clergy, 127-48 in the House of Laity, and 30-2 in the House of Bishops.

“I hope that we can make a powerful statement to say that we believe that trans people are cherished and loved by God, who created them, and is present through all the twists and turns of their lives,” said the Rev. Christopher Newlands at the Synod meeting.

The Rev. John Sentamu also spoke favorably of welcoming transgender individuals into the Church.  "As the world listens to us, the world needs to hear us say that LGBT orientation and identity is not a crime. LGBT orientation and identity is not a sickness. And LGBT orientation and identity is not a sin," said Sentamu, according to the BBC.

However, the Archbishop of Canterbury, the Most Rev. Justin Welby, continues to stand by the definition of marriage as being between one man and one woman.

http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/church-of-england-votes-to-affirm-transgender-people-it-s-not-a-sin-says-bishop.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 10, 2017, 04:31:37 pm »

Church of England Votes in Favour of 'Marking' Gender Transitions with Religious Ceremony

The General Synod of the Church of England has voted to ‘welcome transgender people’ by considering preparing a church service as a way to “mark a person’s gender transition”.

The official church of the United Kingdom voted four to one in favour amongst the Clergy and more than two to one amongst the Laity (members who are not Clergy) at the four-day Synod, the motion reading:

“That this Synod, recognising the need for transgender people to be welcomed and affirmed in their parish church, call on the House of Bishops to consider whether some nationally commended liturgical materials might be prepared to mark a person’s gender transition.”

Vicar of Lancaster Priory Church, Chris Newlands, posed the motion to the Synod, saying he would speak on behalf of transgender people as the church’s Synod has none.

He said: “We need to be aware of the impact that our actions – be them welcome or rejection – have on the members of the trans community.

“I hope that we can make a powerful statement that we believe trans people are cherished and loved by God, who created them.”

The BBC reports that, “Such a service would not be a second baptism, however, as the Church’s teaching is that humans are made in the image of God – transcending gender – and baptism takes place only once.”

Archbishop of York Dr. John Sentamu said there was a need for vicars “to welcome and affirm, in their parish, transgender people”, adding that the “theology has to be done” by the House of Bishops and “can be done very quickly”.

On Saturday, the General Synod backed the ban on conversion therapy for Christians struggling with their sexuality.

Bishop of Liverpool Paul Bayes said: “LGBTI+ orientation and identity is not a sickness. And LGBTI+ orientation and identity is not a sin.”

Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby also said the Anglican church would spend three years outlining a new stance on sexuality, with current rules banning same-sex weddings and civil partnership blessings.

In May, Breitbart London reported that a leading figure in the Church of Scotland (the Kirk) told its General Assembly there is “no theological reason” to oppose same-sex marriage, which could pave the way for same-sex weddings in Scottish churches.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/07/09/church-england-votes-welcome-transgender-ceremony/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 12, 2017, 02:28:22 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/creator-message-corrupt-bible-eugene-peterson-now-says-supports-sex-marriage/
Creator Of ‘The Message’ Corrupt Bible Translation Eugene Peterson Now Says He Supports Same-Sex Marriage
"I haven't had a lot of experience with it," Eugene Peterson says of LGBT members in his church. "But I have been in churches when I was an associate pastor where there were several women who were lesbians. They didn't make a big deal about it. I'd go and visit them, and it never came up for them. They just assumed that they were as Christian as everybody else in the church.

7/12/17

Eugene Peterson, the man behind The Message translation of the Bible, says he would perform a same-sex marriage ceremony if asked. In an interview with Jonathan Merritt on Religion News, Peterson describes how his views on homosexuality have changed over his career.

“For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.” 2 Timothy 4:3,4 (KJV)

EDITOR’S NOTE: In 1993, Eugene Peterson wrote his Laodicean epic ‘The Message’ bible translation which immediately became a best-seller. Among the notable “updates” in his phony bible was the deletion of the phrase “Lord Jesus” which occurs in the King James 115 times. Now Peterson has made the not-so-stunning declaration that he now approves of same-sex marriage and that God blesses the LGBT just the way they are because they are “good people”. They are dropping like flies, people, as they fulfill the end time prophecies about the collapse of the Church spoken of by Paul, John and Jesus.

“I wouldn’t have said this 20 years ago, but now I know a lot of people who are gay and lesbian, and they seem to have as good a spiritual life as I do. I think that kind of debate about lesbians and gays might be over. People who disapprove of it, they’ll probably just go to another church. So we’re in a transition, and I think it’s a transition for the best, for the good. I don’t think it’s something that you can parade, but it’s not a right or wrong thing as far as I’m concerned,” Peterson says.

Merritt specifically asked Peterson about the LGBT issues plaguing Peterson’s denomination, Presbyterians.

Charisma News previously reported the denomination, which capitulated to the gay agenda, has less than 10,000 churches after an exodus of Bible-believing pastors. In 2015, 34,000 black churches broke ties with the PCUSA, among others.

“I haven’t had a lot of experience with it,” Eugene Peterson says of LGBT members in his church. “But I have been in churches when I was an associate pastor where there were several women who were lesbians. They didn’t make a big deal about it. I’d go and visit them, and it never came up for them. They just assumed that they were as Christian as everybody else in the church.

“In my own congregation—when I left, we had about 500 people—I don’t think we ever really made a big deal out of it. When I left, the minister of music left. She’d been there ever since I had been there. There we were, looking for a new minister of music. One of the young people that had grown up under my pastorship, he was a high school teacher and a musician. When he found out about the opening, he showed up in church one day and stood up and said, “I’d like to apply for the job of music director here, and I’m gay.” We didn’t have any gay people in the whole congregation. Well, some of them weren’t openly gay. But I was so pleased with the congregation. Nobody made any questions about it. And he was a really good musician.”

Merritt also interviewed famed evangelical Jen Hatmaker about her stance on the LGBT community.
Hatmaker told Merritt:

From a civil rights and civil liberties side and from just a human being side, any two adults have the right to choose who they want to love. And they should be afforded the same legal protections as any of us. I would never wish anything less for my gay friends.

From a spiritual perspective, since gay marriage is legal in all 50 states, our communities have plenty of gay couples who, just like the rest of us, need marriage support and parenting help and Christian community. They are either going to find those resources in the church or they are not.

Not only are these our neighbors and friends, but they are brothers and sisters in Christ. They are adopted into the same family as the rest of us, and the church hasn’t treated the LGBT community like family. We have to do better.

The 84-year-old Peterson says he’s done traveling, preaching and writing. He says As Kingfishers Catch Fire: A Conversation on the Ways of God Formed by the Words of God will be his last.

“I just feel like there’s a sense of completion, or maybe satisfaction. I think I’ve done a better job of everything I’d done before in this book. I might do something else, but I don’t think so. These days, I write a lot of letters. I’m still keeping up with people and answering their questions or responding to what they are doing. I think it’s more just a sense of completion,” Peterson says. source
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 31, 2017, 05:08:48 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 07, 2017, 06:02:25 pm »

Lutheran ‘Pastor’ Allows Son Who Likes Pink, Female Fashion to ‘Transition’ to Girl

A pastor of a Lutheran church in New Jersey was recently featured in an online video in which he and his wife told the story of their 10-year-old son, who they have allowed to present as female for the past two years.

Christopher Bruesehoff of Holy Counselor Lutheran Church in Vernon and his wife Jamie state that their son Benjamin, who now goes by the name Rebekah, began showing an interest in pink and sparkles at a young age, and became more discontent with being grouped with the boys.

“Rebekah has always been gender non-conforming,” Jamie states in the video released by Barcroft TV. “As young as two or three she gravitated to typically feminine things. She loved pink and sparkles and all things girly. And that was fine with us.”

By age seven, Benjamin was showing signs of depression and attempted to commit suicide.

“We were faced with a seven-year old kid who wanted to die,” she recalled. “One time she punched out the screen of her second story window and tried to jump out.”

Benjamin went for counseling, and one day, while looking for a gender-neutral swimsuit online, the word “transgender” came up. Jamie explained to Benjamin what it meant, and he replied that maybe that’s what he is.

“I felt like I was a girl because I liked the color pink and I liked girls’ clothes and how they wore their hair and stuff,” Benjamin explained in the video.

The Bruesehoffs then began allowing Benjamin, who now sports long pink hair and wears skirts and jewelry, to present himself as a girl. They put some of his memories away in a container called the “Benjamin box” as his boyhood was made a thing of the past.

The couple states that the next steps will be to prevent their son from going through puberty since he does not want to be a boy.

“Medically transitioning involves a lot of different stuff and every transgender person chooses their own adventure. For Rebekah, the first steps will be puberty blockers, which will prevent her from going through male puberty and stop her from developing male characteristics—like facial hair, a deeper voice and an Adam’s apple—that are irreversible,” Jamie outlined.

Christopher Bruesehoff, pictured with his son holding a sign reading “I am transgender and God loves me,” says that he worries how the Church will react to his son identifying as a girl.

“Our hopes for Rebekah’s future are that she gets to be who she is as boldly as she wants to be, and that folks are going to accept her for who she is,” he stated. “I’m always worried about reactions with Rebekah, both in the community, the church and the world. I’m very worried about how the world is going to treat her because I see a lot of ugliness in the world.”

While the couple has received messages from Christians who have expressed concern, Jamie Bruesehoff contends that there is nothing wrong with transgenderism and that God created their son to be transgender.

“Yes, my husband is a pastor. In fact, we both have masters degrees from theological institutions. Yes, we both wholeheartedly support our daughter,” she wrote on social media. “No, don’t worry, we’re not concerned we’re going to Hell for doing so, but thank you for your concern.”

“She was created by God. She was fearfully and wonderfully made to be exactly who she is, a transgender child of God,” she asserted.
Heyer

However, not everyone believes that the answer to gender dysphoria is allowing the person to change their physical appearance. Walt Heyer lived as Laura Jensen for eight years and even had a job with the U.S. government while living as a transgender, but says that having a physical operation did nothing to resolve the mental and emotional struggles that he faced.

One day while studying psychology at the University of California, Heyer had an epiphany: He wasn’t a transgender. He was a man with a psychological problem that trying to live as a woman wasn’t going to fix. Heyer also learned that his answer wasn’t within himself; it was in Christ.

So, eight years after obtaining the operation, Heyer reverted back to living as a man, and now says he doesn’t believe that people are born transgender.

“Gender dysphoria is a psychological condition where you are dissatisfied with your gender,” he told the Daily Mail in 2015. “Nobody’s ever born a transgender. They’re manufactured as a result of something, a developmental childhood issue that has yet to be determined for many people. In retrospect, I can see that changing genders, quite frankly is just pure foolishness.”

Heyer says that those who struggle with the condition are not receiving proper care, and many medical professionals are too quick to agree to surgery.

“All of them have some level of depression, and we’re not treating them,” he lamented. “We’re just cutting off body parts and giving them a new name and a new gender. … [But] biologically, no one can transport to the other gender. It’s not even possible.”

The now 76-year-old man runs a website to compassionately help others who struggle with gender identity or are expressing regret over having a sex change operation.

“God designed man; He designed women,” he said in a video recorded in 2014. “God will redeem the lives of people who struggle with gender identity issues just like I did. He redeemed my life, and I’ve been free from it as a result of that.”

http://christiannews.net/2017/08/07/lutheran-pastor-allows-son-who-likes-pink-female-fashion-to-transition-to-girl/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 15, 2017, 02:44:48 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 22, 2017, 10:00:52 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 05, 2017, 10:42:23 pm »

http://redstatewatcher.com/article.asp?id=98092

Texas church calls off weddings! Won't allow it until this happens!!
10/5/17

Please share and comment.

A Texas church has called off wedding ceremonies until same sex marriages are allowed.

nbcnews.com reports: The leadership of the First United Methodist Church of Austin (FUMC Austin) recently announced they will not perform any wedding ceremonies until the church's national leadership permits clergy to officiate same-sex marriages.

The Book of Discipline, which governs the United Methodist Church, supports "laws in civil society that define marriage as a union of one man and one woman."

“Rather than practicing discrimination in our wedding policy, we are going to give up some of the privileges that our opposite-sex couples enjoy and say, ‘We will all receive the same ministry in terms of weddings,'” Taylor Fuerst, senior pastor at FUMC Austin, told local NBC affiliate KXAN.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 13, 2017, 11:11:15 pm »

.Church of England Says 'Let Students Choose Their Genders   -UK Daily Mail

....Schools are also told they cannot use the Christian faith or Bible teachings to justify behaviour that is considered to amount to bullying – for example, identifying a transgender pupil by a sex other than the one they have chosen. The advice contains instructions on how to report bullying, including sample forms on which teachers are encouraged to name the alleged bully and their target, and use tick boxes to describe what happened.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5075641/Let-little-boys-wear-tiaras-says-Church-England.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 20, 2017, 09:51:56 pm »

Catholic Priest Comes Out Of Closet, Tells Parishioners Being Gay Is In The 'Likeness Of God' Gets Standing Ovation

A Roman Catholic priest in Milwaukee has come out as gay, writing that he will no longer live in the shadows of secrecy and plans to be authentic to his gay self.

“…But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.” Romans 7:13 (KJV)

EDITOR’S NOTE: Soooo, still not convinced we are living in the end times? How about this? A Roman Catholic priest stands up in front of his followers and declares not only that he is gay, but that being queer is in the ‘likeness of God’. Their reaction? They give him a standing ovation and applaud his courage. Kinda like cheering your damnation at the White Throne Judgment. So not only has “father” Greiten decided to embrace his sin, he also decided to drag God into the mess and say that God approves of it. I was a Catholic for 30 years before I got saved and became a Christian. Like the Bible commands, I battle the sins in my own life on a daily basis. Sometimes I get the victory and sometimes I don’t. But when you reach the point when you stop fighting and embrace what God hates, and then lie and say God approves of it, that’s a very scary place to be. The Roman Catholic church is not Christian, was never Christian, and will never be a Christian organization. Is it any wonder that God takes pleasure in destroying this evil institution in Revelation 18?

The Rev. Gregory Greiten disclosed his sexual orientation on Sunday to the catholic St. Bernadette Parish and was greeted with a standing ovation from his parishioners, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported . He also wrote a column that was published Monday in the National Catholic Reporter.

It’s rare for a priest to come out. Greiten said he revealed his sexual orientation because he wants to be a role model for others. He said he’s helping to break the silence of gay men in the clergy so he could reclaim his own voice.

“I will embrace the person that God created me to be,” Greiten wrote. “In my priestly life and ministry, I, too, will help you, whether you are gay or straight, bisexual or transgendered, to be your authentic self — to be fully alive living in your image and likeness of God.”

Greiten wrote that has decided to stand with the “few courageous priests who have taken the risk to come out of the shadows and have chosen to live in truth and authenticity.”

The Catholic church’s silent stance on gay priests perpetuates toxic shaming and systematic secrecy, Greiten wrote. The church needs healthy role models for priests who are struggling to come to terms with their sexual orientation, he said.

Greiten met with Milwaukee Archbishop Jerome Listecki before coming out, according to an archdiocese spokeswoman.

“We support Father Greiten in his own personal journey and telling his story of coming to understand and live with his sexual orientation,” Listecki said in a statement Monday. “As the Church teaches, those with same-sex attraction must be treated with understanding and compassion.” source

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/catholic-priest-comes-closet-tells-parishioners-gay-likeness-god-gets-standing-ovation/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 04, 2018, 06:20:02 pm »

Episcopal Diocese Votes to Avoid Using 'Gendered Pronouns' for God in Book of Common Prayer

The Episcopal Diocese of Washington, D.C. voted on Saturday to stop using “gendered pronouns” for God in future revisions of its Book of Common Prayer and to “remove all obstacles” for “transgender” participation in church life by making all gender-specific facilities and activities accessible to those who identify as the opposite sex.

“Resolved … that the 79th General Convention direct the Standing Commission on Liturgy and Music, if revision of the Book of Common Prayer is authorized, to utilize expansive language for God from the rich sources of feminine, masculine, and non-binary imagery for God found in Scripture and tradition and, when possible, to avoid the use of gendered pronouns for God,” the resolution read.

It was passed by a show of hands during the 123rd Convention of the Washington Diocese with only a few opposed, according to Strategic Communications Director Richard Wosson Weinberg.

“While other Christian denominations have embraced more comprehensive language for God, The Episcopal Church has chosen to use masculine pronouns when referring to the first and third person of the Trinity. This choice has had a profound impact on our understanding of God. Our current gender roles shape and limit our understanding of God,” the diocese said in an explanation of the resolution.

“By expanding our language for God, we will expand our image of God and the nature of God,” it continued. “Our new Book of Common Prayer needs to reflect the language of the people and our society. This resolution assumes that the authors of our new Book of Common Prayer will continue in the long tradition of beautiful poetic language. However, this beautiful language should not be limited by gendered pronouns when avoidable.”

According to reports, delegate Linda Calkins of St. Bartholomew’s Episcopal Church in Laytonsville, Maryland wanted the diocese to go a step further as she held a copy of “The Inclusive Bible: The First Egalitarian Translation” and asked when the version would be utilized.

She read from Genesis 17, in which the “Inclusive Bible” referred to God as “El Shaddai.”

f we are going to be true to what El Shaddai means, it means God with breasts,” Calkins claimed.

The diocese also stated that its resolution surrounding those with gender dysphoria was to ensure that those who live as the opposite sex feel welcomed as fellow Christians.

“Transgender Christians are searching for a connection with God within a loving community where they can worship and work for equality and justice. Unfortunately, many transgender people are too often left without a place to worship because congregations are not ready to welcome them as their Christian companions,” it asserted. “Fixed boundaries of gender identity are being challenged and churches need to respond.”

The resolution, in addition to decrying violence against “transgender” persons, also urged “all parishes to remove all obstacles to full participation in congregational life by making all gender-specific facilities and activities fully accessible, regardless of gender identity and expression.”

The measure was stated to have passed without dissent.

As previously reported, in 2015, when a group of women known as WATCH moved for the Church of England to start referring to God as a “she” during the weekly liturgy, stating that to make mention of God solely in the male pronoun is sexist, some expressed strong opposition.

“Referring to God as ‘mother’ drives a horse and cart through Scripture. Such an innovation is guaranteed to split the C of E as never before,” wrote Damian Thompson in the Daily Mail.

“Lord Carey, former Archbishop of Canterbury, has warned us that the church could be extinct in 25 years’ time unless services become more spiritually fulfilling. Calling God ‘she’ will not achieve that fulfillment,” he stated. “The proposed twist of language will do nothing to stop the decline of Christian faith in this country. On the contrary, it will make worshippers squirm. And nothing empties pews faster than that.”

1 John 4:14 reads, “And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.”

Jesus also said in John 15:26, “But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, He shall testify of Me.”

http://christiannews.net/2018/02/02/episcopal-diocese-votes-to-avoid-using-gendered-pronouns-for-god-in-book-of-common-prayer/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 29, 2018, 07:10:57 pm »

The Church Of England Is Encouraging Gay, Lesbian And Transgender People To Become Priests

The Church of England has launched a diversity drive that is specifically encouraging gay, lesbian and transgender people to take “roles of leadership and service in the local church”.  This move is being greatly applauded by the LGBT community and is being very strongly criticized by conservatives.  At one time such action by the Church of England would have been unthinkable, but today this news is hardly being noticed.  The Church of England has worked very hard to be welcoming to the LGBT community in recent years, and this has created some very significant rifts within the denomination.  Other major Christian denominations are going through similar struggles, and ultimately we may be seeing the largest shift in Protestant thinking since the days of the Reformation. (Read More...)

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/the-church-of-england-is-encouraging-gay-lesbian-and-transgender-people-to-become-priests
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 07, 2018, 08:24:24 am »

Pro-'Gay' 'Church' Sells Building, Plans to Open Brewery in New Facility, Donate Profits to Planned Parenthood

The pro-homosexual Greater Purpose Community Church in California says that it has sold its former building and plans to open a public brewery in the now-closed Logos Bookstore in Santa Cruz. The brewery, which will also be used as meeting space for Sunday services, will donate part of the proceeds to Planned Parenthood, among other organizations.

“We decided to sell the building, because for us a church is a community and a movement,” leader Chris VanHall told NBC Bay Area. “It’s not brick and mortar.”

The former building had a large homosexual rainbow flag unfurled outside, and members marched in the recent Pride Parade, according to the publication Good Times. VanHall also had a “Happy Pride Month” rainbow frame on his Facebook profile photo for the month of June.

While looking for a new place to gather, VanHall’s rental agent mentioned the former Logos Bookstore and signed a lease agreement with former Logos Owner John Livingston to use the space as both a meeting place for Greater Purpose and a brewery and eatery.

“It’s more about community than anything,” Livingston told reporters. “I really like their approach.”

In the meantime, Greater Purpose is meeting in The Food Lounge, a restaurant and bar in the city. VanHall asked the owner of the lounge to keep the bar open, so members could have a beer while listening to his sermons.

“We have a glass of beer, glass of wine, and it’s a comfortable atmosphere where people can not only listen to a progressive take on theology, but they can also engage in conversation,” he said.

“They can have one or two. As a matter of fact, if they have two, my sermon’s always better,” VanHall jested.

He said that the former Logos Bookstore will be named the Greater Purpose Brewing Company. VanHall plans to revamp the location into space for manufacturing beer, mead and hard cider. The brewery will be open to the public, but on Sunday mornings, VanHall will use the facility for Sunday services before the brewery opens.

“We don’t want to dupe anyone. We don’t want to have this bar and, ‘Come on in and have a beer,’ and boom, you get a church service,” he explained.

VanHall said that he also plans to split profits from the brewery and donate part of the proceeds to local non-profit organizations, such as Planned Parenthood, which has an office upstairs.

“I thought to myself, ‘Wouldn’t it be great if a church could figure out a way to make a product where they split profits with local community service organizations?’ And we were like, ‘Hey, we love beer. We love making beer. Why not do a brewery?'” he outlined.

“A woman’s right to choose is something most churches are silent on or opposed to, but that’s not where we stand in the faith community,” Van Hall told Good Times. “We hope to be an absolute conundrum for people walking by. A church that serves beer and gives the profits away to places like Planned Parenthood is really exciting to me.”

World Religion News notes that Greater Purpose already hosts meetings open to all religions called “Faith on Tap,” during which participants have a drink while discussing how to raise money or volunteer to support local causes.

The late Anglican preacher J.C. Ryle once exhorted, “Controversy is an odious thing, but there are days when it is a positive duty. Peace is an excellent thing, but, like gold, it may be bought too dear. Unity is a mighty blessing, but it is worthless if it is purchased at the cost of truth. Once more I say, Open your eyes and be on your guard.”

https://christiannews.net/2018/08/06/pro-gay-church-sells-building-plans-to-open-brewery-in-new-facility-donate-profits-to-planned-parenthood/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 06, 2019, 04:31:22 am »

Laodicean Christians In The Philippines Start The ‘I’m Sorry’ Movement To Apologize To The LGBTQ+ Community For Believing And Preaching The Bible

From time to time, people will write to me to let me know about a ‘great movement of the spirit’ happening in some foreign country like Africa, China, or in this case, the Philippines. But when I go to check it out, instead of seeing glorious end times revival I see nothing but Laodicean slop produced by bible rejecters who call themselves Christians.

https://www.nowtheendbegins.com/laodicean-christians-philippines-start-im-sorry-campaign-apologizing-lgbtq-for-bible-bashing/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 03, 2019, 07:50:58 pm »

Presbyterians Descend Into Depravity With Drag Service, First Non-Binary Pastor

Just when you think it can’t get any worse in the church, it does. With Gay pride flags covering the hall and rainbow candles on the church stage, Cincinnati’s Mount Auburn Presbyterian Church greeted its visitors this past Sunday with Drag Queen “Sparke Leigh”, complete in purple dress, makeup, high heels and a glitter beard. Following the song “God Welcomes All” by the church choir, Sparke Leigh walked up on stage and, rather than reading from the Bible, read the book Pride: The Story of Harvey Milk and the Rainbow Flag to the audience.

http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/article.cfm?recent_news_id=3315
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 03, 2019, 07:58:42 pm »

Days of Lot: New Survey Finds That Evangelical Christian Support for Gay Marriage Has More Than Doubled

A new survey just released by the Pew Research Center has found that support for gay marriage in the United States is at an all-time record high. According to the survey, 62 percent of all Americans are now in favor of allowing gays and lesbians to get married, and only 32 percent are opposed.

https://www.charismanews.com/opinion/65874-days-of-lot-new-survey-finds-that-evangelical-christian-support-for-gay-marriage-has-more-than-doubled?fbclid=IwAR3UrZlXO-MA9rb3RFxhWkUqav8NHE7F2TJnzbVAv8WpxkBVL_BdeKwElyY

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: