End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 04:57:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

‘Pastor’ Says ‘Church Sucks’ for Focusing on Sin, Adds Katy Perry, Maroon 5 Song

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ‘Pastor’ Says ‘Church Sucks’ for Focusing on Sin, Adds Katy Perry, Maroon 5 Song  (Read 866 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2013, 07:30:24 am »

‘Pastor’ Says ‘Church S*cks’ for Focusing on Sin, Adds Katy Perry, Maroon 5 Songs to Services

A minister in Oregon has a launched a sermon series entitled ‘Church S*cks,’ and is announcing seeker-friendly changes to his Sunday services, as a way to attract people who dislike church.

Tony Crank, who leads One Love Church in Eugene, claims that churches talk too much about sin, and are not welcoming enough to visitors.

“Some churches have become the kind of place where you point the finger, and you condemn and rebuke and you’re really quick to do it,” he told television station KVAL. “And so, I think that is definitely lending itself to people not wanting anything to do with church and thinking church s*cks!”

Crank says that he doesn’t want to be considered a preacher, because he does not agree with preaching at people. He states he’d rather be known as only a pastor, and doesn’t want to “waste your time” on Sundays.

“I just like to have a conversation with everyone, just like I do at the coffee shop if we were talking one on one,” he told KTMR.

This past Sunday, Crank shared a story about how his dog urinated on his mother when she came for a visit. He tied the story into his belief that churches are too quick to make people feel bad about their sins. Crank also used the phrase “Don’t get your panties in a bunch” when speaking to the congregation.

One Love Church mailed out hundreds of flyers this month to homes throughout Lane County to announce the series. Crank has also made adjustments to the Sunday services, as sermons will now be kept short to thirty minutes and secular music will be sung at times to accompany the messages, instead of solely worship and hymns. Songs may include those recorded by Katy Perry, known for her hit pro-lesbian song, I Kissed a Girl, and Maroon 5, known for their song Doin’ Dirt.
Connect with Christian News

“There is a perception that to come into church you’ve got to be perfect. Sometimes what that allows people to do is to kind of judge people that we might perceive to not be that kind of stereotypical perfect person. It turns a lot of people off to what the ultimate message of Christ is,” Kyle Cunningham, worship leader at One Love Church, told reporters.

Reaction to the campaign has been mixed.

“First off, I commend this pastor for being open enough to see people that have been hurt by people that take the right to judge–God’s job–into their own hands,” wrote one commenter. “Paul said as long as the Gospel is preached he doesn’t care how it was done. Let’s demonstrate some humility and think of ways to get the unchurched to know Jesus.”

“The Church is the Body of Christ and this pastor says it s*cks,” another stated. “Jesus paid [for us] with His blood, the sinless Son of God, and this pastor thinks he is cool denigrating God in this fashion. You may give him a pass, but Paul would have plenty to say to this man.”

“How heartbreaking for this congregation,” a third remarked. “In his tired search for relevance, this pastor has made that local body like the world and therefore less relevant. My prayers go out to them.”

http://christiannews.net/2013/09/30/pastor-says-church-scks-for-focusing-on-sin-adds-katy-perry-maroon-5-songs-to-services/
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kilika
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 09:14:46 am »

“Paul said as long as the Gospel is preached he doesn’t care how it was done. Let’s demonstrate some humility and think of ways to get the unchurched to know Jesus.”

(there it is again!)

Uh, not exactly. Paul did in fact care how the gospel was preached, he just acknowledge that regardless of what he desired, he doesn't have control over how others act in preaching, and resigned himself to at least Jesus is being talked about one way or another, thank you Jesus.

What Paul said was...

14  And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.
15  Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:
16  The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:
17  But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.
18  What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.
Philipians 1:14-18 (KJB)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 09:17:34 am by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 04:34:13 pm »

One Love Church mailed out hundreds of flyers this month to homes throughout Lane County to announce the series. Crank has also made adjustments to the Sunday services, as sermons will now be kept short to thirty minutes and secular music will be sung at times to accompany the messages, instead of solely worship and hymns. Songs may include those recorded by Katy Perry, known for her hit pro-lesbian song, I Kissed a Girl, and Maroon 5, known for their song Doin’ Dirt.

Even "traditional" services in these church buildings have this similar format - no, they don't get into secular music or anything, but the pastor, music minister, youth ministers, etc will end up playing tag team with each other throughout the service(from singing hymns to announcements to giving a message to kids on the podium to singing more hymns to passing around the offering plate to finally the pastor preaching his sermon), that it ends up leaving little time for the pastor to preach his sermon.

Pt being that no wonder why you're seeing a lot of LIBERAL changes in these church buildings nowdays - when you fool around with a lot of nonsense like this for a long time, people are going to get tired of it. And ultimately, throughout all these many, many years of leavened church buildings, no one has been fed the word of God.

“There is a perception that to come into church you’ve got to be perfect. Sometimes what that allows people to do is to kind of judge people that we might perceive to not be that kind of stereotypical perfect person. It turns a lot of people off to what the ultimate message of Christ is,” Kyle Cunningham, worship leader at One Love Church, told reporters.

Uhm, I believe it's GOD that perfects us...

Hebrews 10:14  For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
Heb 10:15  Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
Heb 10:16  This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
Heb 10:17  And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 10:18  Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

Also - I know these church buildings are leaven to begin with, but nonetheless it amazes me the level of wickedness they're bringing in now - Katy Perry's pro-lesbian song? You have to be kidding me!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 04:35:50 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: