End Times and Current Events
April 20, 2024, 02:19:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Church Planting?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Church Planting?  (Read 919 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2014, 09:58:19 pm »

OK - I DON'T endorse anything this guy says - HOWEVER, I'm posthing this b/c look at the mindset over what this guy says...it pretty much represents the typical Churchianity "church planter"...COVETEOUS!

http://www.christianpost.com/news/do-we-really-need-more-churches-planted-in-america-117990/
Do We Really Need More Churches Planted in America?
4/15/14

Right now there are over 300,000 Protestant churches in America. Just do the division (300,000 divided by 50 states) and that equals 6,000 churches per state. Wow! That's a lot of churches!

Think about it this way: there are just over 10,000 Starbucks and well over 300,000 churches! So Starbucks can saturate the United States with caffeinated drinks but almost 30x's more churches can't saturate the United States with the Living Water. Seriously???

According to church growth and discipleship multiplication expert Bill Hull, "It still takes 100 church attendees, a pastor and 100,000.00 a year to win a convert. Among evangelicals it is a bit better, 1.7, this is an ugly fact that should grieve us all."

So our solution is planting more and more churches so that we can reach America for Jesus? Is that really the best solution or is a revitalization of the current churches a the best solution?

My answer is a resounding "YES!"

YES we need more churches planted and YES we need to revitalize the current ones.

When I was a twenty three year old part-time youth leader at a church in Arvada, Colorado I wanted to revitalize the congregation when it came to evangelism and outreach. This very traditional church was solid theologically but not growing steadily due to disciples being made and multiplied.

I'll never forget presenting an 11 page document called "Operation Arvada" to the Sr. Pastor and asking him to consider it. In those pages were ideas for infusing relational evangelism into the lifeblood of the church. He said, "Let me pray about it" (which is a pastor's way of buying time so that he can think of a nice way to say "no" to your idea.) Days turned to weeks and I finally realized that it wasn't going to happen.

It was then that I remembered the words of a former pastor who gave up trying to revitalize that same church to plant a new one. He told me, "It's easier to give birth than to resurrect the dead."

That's when my best friend and I decided to start a church ourselves, Grace Church in Arvada, Colorado. Through prayer, tons of mistakes and sheer perseverance we were blessed to plant a church that grew deep and wide in some powerful ways.

Today Grace Church is a thriving congregation with over 60% of the 3,000 or so who go there having come to Jesus as a result of this church's focused outreach efforts. What about the other church I was involved in? The new pastor and youth pastor are working hard to revitalize it so that it can be more effective in the community where it's located.

YES!!!

We need already existing churches to drop an evangelistic engine into their church chassis. We need new churches planted that grow primarily through new believers being added (as opposed to transfer growth.)

So the real question is not how many churches do we have in North America, but how many Gospel advancing churches do we have? We need to revitalize current ones and plant new ones until we reach everyone.

If you are in an established church work with all your heart to get the people there making and multiplying disciples. Start with those who are willing and build from there. Pray for your church. Challenge your church. Equip your church. By the way we at Dare 2 Share can help with that. Start by downloading and using our free evangelism training app.

If you feel led to plant a church determine to build one that grows primarily through relational evangelism and discipleship multiplication. Make intercessory prayer that engine and not the caboose of your efforts and, overtime, you will succeed.

It's time to revitalize current churches and plant new ones that bleed the good news. Let's give birth and raise the dead!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2Peter 2:1  But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2Pe 2:2  And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
2Pe 2:3  And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: