End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 12:45:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Van Halen Symbolize World Peace on 'South Park'

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Van Halen Symbolize World Peace on 'South Park'  (Read 755 times)
FervorForFaith

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2013, 08:02:16 pm »

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/van-halen-symbolize-world-peace-on-south-park-20131107

The highlight of the article:

Symbols for Islam, Judaism and Christianity morph together to become Van Halen's "VH" logo in the "Ginger Cow" episode of South Park, which aired last night. In the episode, those three religions settle their differences and a scene set in Jerusalem becomes one of jubilation as a rabbi tells a crowd, "Let us celebrate, under one symbol." After the emblems unite, a bell chimes and the opening chords of Van Halen's "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" come over the loudspeaker, and out comes Eddie. A beyond-stoked man in a yarmulke looks around shouting, "No way! No way!" and the rest of the band comes out. It cuts to a news reporter who explains, "The party is officially underway. Jews, Christians and Muslims have united, ushering in 10 years of Van Halen."

Report Spam   Logged

God gave us minds, let's use them.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 08:26:59 pm »

This is one show, for some reason, the "truth" movement somehow believes is some anti-NWO show. I've only seen a couple of episodes in my lifetime, but nonetheless it's nothing more than your typical entertainment show(and a disgusting one at that!).
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 03:37:45 am »

Wow, I'm gonna really show my age on this one!

WAY back in high school and a few years after, I was REALLY into rock and roll, classic rock. I grew up in the late 60's early 70s with all the classic bands. My first rock concert was The Edger Winter band. Look them up! My favorite for years was Van Halen. Saw them in concert 3 years in a row, 79-81. Was right up front on foot at the front of the stage the year Eddie got engaged to Valerie in 1980, and I had a KISS guitar pick on a necklace from Ace Frehly (who had flung it like a ninja star and bounced off the stage and hit me right in the forehead! No lie! Very true story.) I was holding up that pick trying to get Eddie to give me a pick, and finally he saw it and leaned over a placed a pick in my hand. Again, true story.

I'm VERY familiar with Van Halen music, and I must say, Rolling Stone got it wrong in that article!

The article says that they play "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love". NO, NO, NO. In the video of the show, that scene they play, the song is "Hot For Teacher", that the original members did before Roth left the band the first time.

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Hot For Teacher
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 05:16:51 am »

which van halen was it? was it the David band? if so that would only sow discord. Was it the Sammy band? that would put everyone to sleep, and if it was the Gary, well that would usher in the end of the world.  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 05:24:13 pm »

Wow, I'm gonna really show my age on this one!

WAY back in high school and a few years after, I was REALLY into rock and roll, classic rock. I grew up in the late 60's early 70s with all the classic bands. My first rock concert was The Edger Winter band. Look them up! My favorite for years was Van Halen. Saw them in concert 3 years in a row, 79-81. Was right up front on foot at the front of the stage the year Eddie got engaged to Valerie in 1980, and I had a KISS guitar pick on a necklace from Ace Frehly (who had flung it like a ninja star and bounced off the stage and hit me right in the forehead! No lie! Very true story.) I was holding up that pick trying to get Eddie to give me a pick, and finally he saw it and leaned over a placed a pick in my hand. Again, true story.

I'm VERY familiar with Van Halen music, and I must say, Rolling Stone got it wrong in that article!

The article says that they play "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love". NO, NO, NO. In the video of the show, that scene they play, the song is "Hot For Teacher", that the original members did before Roth left the band the first time.

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Hot For Teacher

I was much in the same boat about 5 years ago (before I got saved). 80s rock/metal was particularly my favorite (Ratt, Motley Crue, Metallica, etc.), so I sympathize with you. Though I think the Rolling Stone article was referring to this scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HHsz-40yrE&feature=player_detailpage#t=681 (starting 11:21, WARNING there are inappropriate parts in this disgusting show. If you want to get REALLY angry go to 14:16 and watch until the end)

In that scene, they play "Ain't Talking 'Bout Love".
Report Spam   Logged

God gave us minds, let's use them.
Kilika
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 03:53:17 am »

which van halen was it? was it the David band? if so that would only sow discord. Was it the Sammy band? that would put everyone to sleep, and if it was the Gary, well that would usher in the end of the world.  Cheesy

Cheesy Yeah, I hear ya!

Recently, it's Dave...again.

They've had discord with Dave from the beginning. The guy has a MASSIVE ego. And of course Eddie does too, but it's his band, and his brother's.  Those two have been fighting ever since their first album came out. Back then, it was because of all the drugs and alcohol. Then Eddie got cancer and went off the deep end apparently with drinking and got real difficult for people to deal with, so him and Dave became like oil and water during the Sammy days and later. Not enough room on the tour bus for those two egos. Saw an interview with Sammy Hagar and Sammy said when they did their short-lived reunion tour, Sammy stayed in separate hotels and rode in his own plane because it was so bad with Eddie, separate everything basically, like Sammy was playing with them as a guest or something. And now Dave is complaining that the current tour doesn't have hardly any dates to play, so who knows.

I actually think that Eddie was so bad that only his playing talent kept him afloat, him being who he is. If it were most any other musician, they would have likely burned out and faded away. Eddie's rock legend status kept him relevant and on the scene.

Personally, I really liked Sammy Hagar as lead vocals. He added the guitar aspect Dave didn't have. Dave can barely play canastas. He was better at singing like Dave than Dave was! And Gary Charone? Don't even mention that name. That chapter of their history should be forever destroyed. What a huge mistake. And it was a mistake to let Michael Anthony, their bass player, go too, but he's now hooked up with Sammy in his newer band, Chicken Foot. Eddie's son Wolfgang on bass? Haven't heard him play, don't know, but that was pretty much an anticipated move by Eddie for years. Keep it in the family. Sorry Michael!

Though I think the Rolling Stone article was referring to this scene:

I didn't watch the whole video originally because it starts out with the concert. Didn't realize they played more than one song in the show.

By the way, for those who don't know, Van Halen's first album had a song that was pretty popular, titled "Running With The Devil".
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 04:02:44 am by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: