End Times and Current Events
April 19, 2024, 07:58:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Exclusive: 'Jaw-dropping' breakthrough hailed as landmark in fight against hered

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Exclusive: 'Jaw-dropping' breakthrough hailed as landmark in fight against hered  (Read 782 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2013, 09:00:02 pm »

Exclusive: 'Jaw-dropping' breakthrough hailed as landmark in fight against hereditary diseases as Crispr technique heralds genetic revolution
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/exclusive-jawdropping-breakthrough-hailed-as-landmark-in-fight-against-hereditary-diseases-as-crispr-technique-heralds-genetic-revolution-8925295.html
11/7/13
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/exclusive-jawdropping-breakthrough-hailed-as-landmark-in-fight-against-hereditary-diseases-as-crispr-technique-heralds-genetic-revolution-8925295.html

A breakthrough in genetics – described as “jaw-dropping” by one Nobel scientist – has created intense excitement among DNA experts around the world who believe the discovery will transform their ability to edit the genomes of all living organisms, including humans.

The development has been hailed as a milestone in medical science because it promises to revolutionise the study and treatment of a range of diseases, from cancer and incurable viruses to inherited genetic disorders such as sickle-cell anaemia and Down syndrome.

For the first time, scientists are able to engineer any part of the human genome with extreme precision using a revolutionary new technique called Crispr, which has been likened to editing the individual letters on any chosen page of an encyclopedia without creating spelling mistakes. The landmark development means it is now possible to make the most accurate and detailed alterations to any specific position on the DNA of the 23 pairs of human chromosomes without introducing unintended mutations or flaws, scientists said.

The technique is so accurate that scientists believe it will soon be used in gene-therapy trials on humans to treat incurable viruses such as HIV or currently untreatable genetic disorders such as Huntington’s disease. It might also be used controversially to correct gene defects in human IVF embryos, scientists said.

Until now, gene therapy has had largely to rely on highly inaccurate methods of editing the genome, often involving modified viruses that insert DNA at random into the genome – considered too risky for many patients.

The new method, however, transforms genetic engineering because it is simple and easy to edit any desired part of the DNA molecule, right down to the individual chemical building-blocks or nucleotides that make up the genetic alphabet, researchers said.

“Crispr is absolutely huge. It’s incredibly powerful and it has many applications, from agriculture to potential gene therapy in humans,” said Craig Mello of the University of Massachusetts Medical School, who shared the 2006 Nobel Prize for medicine for a previous genetic discovery called RNA interference.

“This is really a triumph of basic science and in many ways it’s better than RNA interference. It’s a tremendous breakthrough with huge implications for molecular genetics. It’s a real game-changer,” Professor Mello told The Independent.

“It’s one of those things that you have to see to believe. I read the scientific papers like everyone else but when I saw it working in my own lab, my jaw dropped. A total novice in my lab got it to work,” Professor Mello said.

In addition to engineering the genes of plants and animals, which could accelerate the development of GM crops and livestock, the Crispr technique dramatically “lowers the threshold” for carrying out “germline” gene therapy on human IVF embryos, Professor Mello added.

much more in the link
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kilika
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 03:45:52 am »

because it is simple and easy to edit any desired part of the DNA molecule, right down to the individual chemical building-blocks or nucleotides that make up the genetic alphabet,

Uh, anybody had any college-level biology classes? I know I have, always got A's in those classes. My point, I'm no geneticist, but what I do know about genes and cells, RNA, DNA, etc. this is HUGE. Scientifically, this IS a jaw-dropper. It's still science, but wow, what a bold claim.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 05:10:00 am »

no, this just means that race based weapons just took one step closer to completion.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Kilika
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 03:24:38 am »

Yes, it is. This goes FAR beyond weapons based on race. I think your missing the significance if what their claim means.

Being able to alter DNA, basically without worry (we know scientists have plenty to worry about!) is huge scientifically.

While I understand your not impressed considering what prophecy says, but in the mean time? Scientists can do all kinds of things, and none of them are likely to be good for people. Obviously, we don't know how far God will let man go with this type stuff, but the potential is great for abuse.

Race-based weapons, really? Sounds like something Rush Limbow or Russia Today would claim.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 07:53:04 am »

Yes, it is. This goes FAR beyond weapons based on race. I think your missing the significance if what their claim means.

Being able to alter DNA, basically without worry (we know scientists have plenty to worry about!) is huge scientifically.

While I understand your not impressed considering what prophecy says, but in the mean time? Scientists can do all kinds of things, and none of them are likely to be good for people. Obviously, we don't know how far God will let man go with this type stuff, but the potential is great for abuse.

Race-based weapons, really? Sounds like something Rush Limbow or Russia Today would claim.

Ya, people like Rush Limbaugh...  Roll Eyes

https://sites.google.com/site/bioterrorbible/BIO-WEAPONS/RACE-SPECIFIC-BIO-WEAPONS

Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 03:01:50 am »

Ya, people like Rush Limbaugh...  Roll Eyes

Not sure I understand your reply. You like Rush? That link seems to suggest you believe there's such a thing? Sorry, I'm not sure where your going with this.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 04:03:53 am »

Not sure I understand your reply. You like Rush? That link seems to suggest you believe there's such a thing? Sorry, I'm not sure where your going with this.
That Rush Limbaugh would never talk about race based weapons ever. And that site shows that they are and have been working on race based weapons for a long time. In order for a race based weapon to work it has to work at the dna level.

I dont know why your being so snide about this? Its a real technology, and to imply that msm talking heads wold ever discus this...  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 04:31:33 am »

Snide?...

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/snide

a :  false, counterfeit
b :  practicing deception :  dishonest <a snide merchant>
:  unworthy of esteem :  low <a snide trick>
:  slyly disparaging :  insinuating <snide remarks>

— snide·ly adverb
— snide·ness noun

Based on the definition, I'm not seeing where I've been snide.

You missed my point Mark. I'm not saying it hasn't been researched. All kinds of stuff has been researched and tested, so what? That doesn't mean it actually exists or is even possible. That actually is the attitude behind DARPA, for people to try to invent something, anything, however crazy the idea and DARPA will take a look at it to see if it has merit for further research.

These silly stories are just "truther" stories to stir up the crowd. Just consider the sources of those type stories. As you said, Rush would never talk about this stuff, to which I disagree, but whatever. My point wasn't about what the media talks about, it's about how silly such a weapon is. Sounds like some anti-Israeli rhetoric from some nutcase Imam in a far flung mosque!

Could such a weapon exist? Sure, I think so, especially with the new DNA breakthrough, if it holds true, but it would likely be in the form of say, a vaccine that only works when it encounters specific DNA profiles.

A real technology? Uh, no it isn't, but certain racists would love for it to exist. It's urban legend Mark.

Try to be objective and look over those articles again and their sources ("Rense"? Really? That's one of the most slanted political info outlets out there!). Step back and notice the overall theme of those articles lean towards pointing a finger at Israel.

So what if they did develop such a weapon? Then what? Complain to the UN Human Rights Council? The world is lost, so it doesn't matter how their flesh dies, their souls will face the real horror in the end, less they repent. Man can't touch a believer's soul. "If God be for us..."
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 05:04:46 am »

Could such a weapon exist? Sure, I think so, especially with the new DNA breakthrough, if it holds true, but it would likely be in the form of say, a vaccine that only works when it encounters specific DNA profiles.

Thats all i said..

no, this just means that race based weapons just took one step closer to completion.

and yes you did get snide for no reason.

While I understand your not impressed considering what prophecy says
unworthy of esteem :  low <a snide trick>

slyly disparaging :  insinuating <snide remarks>

no reason for it
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 05:29:59 am »

While I understand your not impressed considering what prophecy says
unworthy of esteem :  low <a snide trick>

WOW! You TOTALLY took that the wrong way. Or at least I worded it wrong to give you that impression.

What I meant Mark was that considering what we know prophecy says, this kind of stuff shouldn't impress us, seeing the body of believers are safe. I mean why would you or any of us be impressed with scientists being able to do stuff? That doesn't make it any less real does it? You seemed to dismiss the technology, so I replied.

There was absolutely no intent to be "snide", you just took it that way. I'm sorry.

Race-based weapons, really? Sounds like something Rush Limbow or Russia Today would claim
slyly disparaging :  insinuating <snide remarks>

no reason for it

To me, yes, that is exactly what I meant to say because I believe it to be true of both of them, in my opinion.

Are you going to scold me for calling Satan evil and a liar, both of which are true? I think not.

No reason for what Mark? I told the truth, period. If what I said you feel is "snide", so be it. I'm sorry for the apparent offense I caused you.
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 09:23:36 am »

Yes, this is HUGE! Never in my lifetime would I think things like THIS would get legalized et al. I remember in the 1990's, they were tossing around ideas like animal cloning, but even the masses would laugh at that. Now in our present day? It seems like these same masses are embracing these ideas.

Same with other agendas like sodomy marriage - it was only 7 years ago when no one imagined it would get legalized.

We are really living in some interesting times now.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: