End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 11:46:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Massive Pipeline Explosion Near ****ord, Texas; Entire Town Being Evacuated

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Massive Pipeline Explosion Near ****ord, Texas; Entire Town Being Evacuated  (Read 134 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2013, 07:22:08 pm »

It's Millford(take off one "l").

Massive Pipeline Explosion Near ****ord, Texas; Entire Town Being Evacuated - Live Choppercam

Every day in the New Normal, it is either a mass shooting or an explosion in some pipeline or crude-carrying train. Moments ago, a pipeline in Texas exploded in a massive fireball and has prompted the evacuation of the nearby town of ****ord.

From Breaking911:

Smoke and flames are visible for miles. There is a fear that an additional pipe may explode. Nearby schools have all been evacuated as well. NUmerous rescue teams responding; unknown if there are any injuries at this time.

UPDATE 11:30AM EST: According to county officials, a 10-inch pipeline east of U.S. Highway 77 and Farm-to-Market Road 308 was being worked on when it exploded.

UPDATE 11:31AM EST: NBC reports that there are no injuries.
- See more at: http://www.breaking911.com/breaking-pipeline-explosion-near-city-of-****...

more: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-11-14/massive-pipeline-explosion-near-****ord-texas-entire-town-being-evacuated-live-chopp
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 11:57:26 am »

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metro/20131114-gas-pipeline-explodes-in-rural-ellis-county-causing-massive-fire.ece?nclick_check=1
11/14/13
Gas pipeline still burning in Ellis County, and evacuation order expected to remain in place tonight

ITALY — About 24 hours after a gas line exploded in rural Ellis County, it's still burning and residents of the town of Milford are unlikely to be able to return home tonight.

The explosion at a Chevron work site occurred just after 9:30 a.m. Thursday on Crosby Road just outside Milford, a town of 700 about 50 miles south of Dallas.

Officials said that a crew punctured a 10-inch liquid petroleum gas line while excavating, unleashing a giant plume of black smoke and triggering an evacuation. All workers were accounted for, and the only damage was to work vehicles.

“No one was injured, and of course that is the main thing, the most important thing,” Ellis County Judge Carol Bush said.

On Friday, company spokesman Jim Barnum said workers are still well-removed from the fire site, and he didn't expect most Milford residents to be able to return to their homes permanently until Saturday.

Still, some people are being allowed to return home for short periods to take care of pets and grab medications. Late Thursday, the company apologized for the accident.

“I’d like to start off expressing my apology on behalf of Chevron and myself,” Barnum said.

Chevron officials said the company would reimburse local governments for their efforts to respond to the blast.

"Chevron Pipe Line Co. is grateful for the response that local emergency response agencies have provided," according to a written statement from Chevron.

Some of that work is yet to come as emergency coordinators had to wait for the flames to subside before they could approach the fire.

“We wont attempt to blow out the flame,” Barnum said. “We will let the 10-inch pipe burn out.”

Chevron workers continue to depressurize the line and monitor a nearby 14-inch pipeline, whose supply was also being cut off.

Much of Milford was evacuated as a precaution, as authorities cleared a mile-and-a-half radius around the blast. Bush said 190 children from local schools were among the evacuees, and most of them were quickly reunited with their families.

While initial tests by the Environmental Protection Agency show the air around the blast site was not toxic, officials were recommending that no one return to the area until later today, the county judge said. An exact time hasn’t been set for residents to go home, but they might not be able to return until late Friday.

The Red Cross, meanwhile, provided shelter for anyone who couldn’t return home overnight.

Many of those evacuated were sent to nearby Italy, where high school students wearing orange safety vests ushered evacuees into the school’s concrete-domed gymnasium.

Shortly after the explosion, Michelle Harris got a call from Milford High School, where her children go to school, saying that there had been an accident.

“I thought of West,” she said of the fertilizer plant blast in April just down the road. “I thought houses could be gone, I thought the school could be gone.”

But her fears were unfounded: “It was amazing that the children and everybody is OK.”

Jackie Loyd, 91, and her daughter-in-law, Carol, were told to evacuate and headed north to Italy.

“I saw a bunch of police cars racing around,” she said. “State police said we had to get out immediately.”

Both women were biding their time in the Italy High gymnasium, along with about 50 other evacuees from the town.

“Everyone tried to leave at once,” the younger woman said, “so it was kind of chaotic.”

While they couldn’t miss the towering smoke plume, Carol Loyd said the air quality seemed OK and she had no doubt they’d find shelter for the night, if necessary.

“I’m not too worried,” she said. “I have lots of family I can stay with.”

She and her mother-in-law were more concerned about the pets they left behind in Milford. Jackie wanted to get back home to her dog, and Carol was worried about her cat, which suffers from cancer and has seizures.

“I know it’s silly at a time like this, but I left behind my 18-month-old cat,” Carol said, “so I’ll wait and see if we can get back in.”
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: