End Times and Current Events
April 20, 2024, 09:12:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Costco -- the Bible is fiction

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Costco -- the Bible is fiction  (Read 730 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2013, 04:13:52 pm »

Costco -- the Bible is fiction

What do the Bible, "The Hunger Games" and "Fifty Shades of Grey" have in common? All three are works of fiction, according to the booksellers at Costco.

Pastor Caleb Kaltenbach made that shocking discovery last Friday as he was shopping for a present for his wife at a Costco in Simi Valley, Calif.

“All the Bibles were labeled as fiction,” the pastor told me. “It seemed bizarre to me.”

Kaltenbach is the lead pastor at Discovery Church, a non-denominational Christian congregation in southern California.

He thought there must be some sort of mistake so he scoured the shelf for other Bibles. Every copy was plastered with a sticker that read, “$14.99 Fiction.”

The pastor knew something must be amiss so he set off in search of a Costco employee hoping for an answer. Unfortunately, he couldn’t find anyone willing to answer his question (which is not all that surprising if you’ve shopped at Costco).

Since no one in the store was willing to offer assistance, the good shepherd of Discovery Church snapped a photograph of the Bible and tweeted it to his flock.

“People are pretty shocked and upset,” he told me. “We are supposed to be living in an era of tolerance, but what Costco did doesn’t seem too tolerant.”

I doubt they would label the Koran as fiction, Pastor Kaltenbach said. Heaven help us if they did.

“If they don’t believe in the Bible, that’s fine – but at least label it as ‘religion’ as some bookstores do, or ‘inspiration’,” he said.

So does the warehouse store that sells laundry detergent by the gallon have a problem with the Word of God?

I called Costco headquarters in Issaquah, Wash. hoping to get answers. The nice lady who answered the phone told me she was aware of the issue and chalked it up to a “human error at a warehouse.”

“It’s all fixed,” she said.

But actually, it’s not fixed – because there’s a boatload of Bibles in the Simi Valley store still marked as fiction. 

At that point, the nice lady on the phone became not-so-nice and promptly informed me that Costco doesn’t talk to the press.

“Nothing to report,” she said curtly.

With all due respect, perhaps they should leave the reporting to the professionals and we’ll leave the bulk purchases of toilet paper to Costco.

Pastor Kaltenbach said he’s not one to speak out on such slights, but seeing the Good Book labeled as fiction was bit too much to take.

“On the one hand Christians should not yell out ‘persecution’,” he said. “We aren’t living in Iraq or Iran. But on the other hand, I believe that we do need to stand up for our faith and we need to be vocal about our concerns.”

That’s a message that resonates with pastor and author Robert Jeffress.

“Let’s hope Costco’s explanation is true and not the result of having been caught attempting to marginalize the very foundation of Christian beliefs, the Bible,” Pastor Jeffress told me. “Christians need to call out organizations like Costco whose actions undermine Christianity – regardless of whether those actions are accidental or intentional.”

Steven Smith, of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, said the fiction label identifies the thinking of the labeler more than the content of the book.

“To label the Bible fiction is a practical front for an ideological foundation that assumes things spiritual are unreal,” he told me. “What is odd about this choice is the glut of books in the "religion and spirituality" sections in mainstream book stores. However, as large as "spirituality" sections are, there must not be any room for Christianity. Modern thinking on spirituality is too exclusive to allow for the Bible.”

Of course, this entire episode could have been cleared up had a Costco employee simply answered Pastor Kaltenbach’s question.

And that’s the Gospel Truth.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/11/18/costco-bible-is-fiction/
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 04:17:28 pm »

Costco has a history of anti christian behavior and here is the bizzaro devil liberal that runs it, this mislabeling was done on PURPOSE

Why Costco hates Christmas and Christians

Two words: James Sinegal.

CEO James Sinegal is on the forefront of the leftist effort to take the word "Christian" out of daily life and he is the stormtrooper for the anti-Christmas movement. And this year, the world's most successful anti-Christian retailer is poised to cash-in big.

Sinegal and other liberal operatives hope they can prove that you don't need Christmas to get cash from Christians. At age 72, Sinegal is boiling for a fight with his customers.

An avowed liberal, Sinegal has been a Democrat operative his entire life and he strives to be just the sort of CEO the mainstream media loves. He puts on the poor face whenever possible, comparing his own $3 million a year salary to the salaries of companies the media loves to hate.

In public, Sinegal himself refuses to use the word Christmas, sticking to the word 'winter' instead. Even when the company took on Toys R Us over that retailer's Christmas season strategies, Sinegal refused to use the word Christmas in his legal dealings.

In business, Sinegal has received heaps of liberal praise for policies that seem to reward employees more than similar competitors but it comes at a price. Employees can't wear crosses; religious employees do not get promoted. Employees must never use the word "Christmas" while on the job. In short, any whiff of anything Christian is too much for Costco, which appears to have a vendetta against Christianity in particular.

With the Democrat win in November, Sinegal now sees an opportunity to utterly remove Christians, Christianity, and Christmas from the public square. Other liberal CEOs are watching.

Will you let this anti-Christian bigot win? Or will the spirit of tolerance prevail?

http://subtleoakflavor.blogspot.com/2008/12/why-costco-hates-christmas-and.html
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 04:02:21 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 10:42:24 pm »

Well, oddly, he's right about Xmas - it's odd how sometimes even the heathen world has a bit more discernment about some things like this than Churchianity.

With that being said - not surprising at all. When I was unsaved, I didn't even want a bible within a 10 foot pole of me(ie-in the late 90's, my mom would put a bible in my room, and every time I would take it out of my room and hide it somewhere else. Yes, it was an NIV, FWIW, but nonetheless that's how much I hated Christianity at the time).

Barnes and Noble is really no different - in their "Christian" section, they have an unbelievable amount of junk. And 90% of their bibles aren't KJBs.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 02:52:11 am »

(That article is double posted.)

What is with this use of the word "liberal"? Why don't they just use the correct word for him; antichrist.

Not sure how they get away with it, but I'd like to know how they ban cross jewelry and not get sued. And to not promote people because of their religious beliefs? Isn't that a violation of a person's religious freedom?

From the sounds of it, exaggeration from the blogger aside, Costco is getting away with violation's of employee's rights, big time. But like I said, I think there is some liberty being taken by the author as I cannot see how they could get away with such things legally. Notice it is a blog, and zero sourcing is provided of their allegations.

It wouldn't surprise me Costco is that way, but it would be better if the author would provide actual proof of their claims.

Update...

Was browsing the news and ran across an article about Costco.  That article mentions a different CEO than this article, so I looked at the article date and bingo! That guy, James Sinegal, isn't with Costco any more. The current CEO is Craig Jelinek.

I thought I smelled something. Then I noticed the date of the article; 2008.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 03:19:41 am by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 05:58:00 am »

(That article is double posted.)

What is with this use of the word "liberal"? Why don't they just use the correct word for him; antichrist.

Not sure how they get away with it, but I'd like to know how they ban cross jewelry and not get sued. And to not promote people because of their religious beliefs? Isn't that a violation of a person's religious freedom?

From the sounds of it, exaggeration from the blogger aside, Costco is getting away with violation's of employee's rights, big time. But like I said, I think there is some liberty being taken by the author as I cannot see how they could get away with such things legally. Notice it is a blog, and zero sourcing is provided of their allegations.

It wouldn't surprise me Costco is that way, but it would be better if the author would provide actual proof of their claims.

Update...

Was browsing the news and ran across an article about Costco.  That article mentions a different CEO than this article, so I looked at the article date and bingo! That guy, James Sinegal, isn't with Costco any more. The current CEO is Craig Jelinek.

I thought I smelled something. Then I noticed the date of the article; 2008.  Roll Eyes

Costco has a history of anti christian behavior

That was why i posted it, to show that Costco does have a history of this behavior.
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 12:31:17 pm »

Yeah, I understand. Indeed they do, as do all worldly companies, it's just that some are more aggressive than others, and apparently the former CEO was real aggressive in his hatred.

I was just saying that to claim "no crosses" is a really specific allegation of right's violations, and proof of that would be nice.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 11:51:13 am »

Costco Reverses Decision to Remove Dinesh D'Souza Book from Shelves

News broke Monday that Costco would be removing conservative filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza’s new book America: Imagine a World Without Her from its shelves; on Tuesday evening the wholesaler reversed its decision after customers spoke up in protest.

Costco posted a statement on social media saying, “Costco is not a book store. Our book shelf space is very limited. We exercise discipline in the best utilization of that limited space based solely on what our members are buying. We can’t carry every title that our members are interested in reading. We are constantly monitoring book sales, and make decisions to pull books off the shelves frequently based on sales volume to make room for other titles. Politics or controversy over content do not influence our decisions.”

“After we made the return, a documentary was released about the book. Since then there has been heightened interest by our membership base and brisk sales at locations still in stock.”

“Therefore, we have made the decision to reorder the book,” the statement finished.

Despite accusation from customers, the wholesaler maintains that D’Souza’s political leanings were not the cause of the decision to pull the book.

“Costco is not influenced by political considerations in selecting product for sale in our warehouses or on Costco.com. This includes our selection of books. Our book buyers are solely interested in book sales, and do not favor any political persuasion over another,” Costco said in a statement.

http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/costco-reverses-decision-to-remove-dinesh-d-souza-book-from-shelves.html
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: