End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 02:17:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Nicely saying no to X-mas?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nicely saying no to X-mas?  (Read 1465 times)
hannahj

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2013, 02:09:30 pm »

My husband and I go to a non-501c3 church(which we plan on leaving soon, but that's not the point...)

My question is: How do you tell fellow believers nicely why you don't celebrate xmas? Especially when they get defensive??

I called into 1220 the word the other day to complain about them calling xmas a Christian holiday. I got pretty frank on the phone, I told them how it makes us(the church) look bad and how it makes it (fasely) seem like we are just reformed paganism. The pastor on the phone got really angry(it wasn't on the air, they screened my call) and said how he is just celebrating Christ's birth... He was pretty mad, so I held my peace(I had already quoted scripture) and said ok...

So, how do you talk to people like that? How can I, as a woman, nicely reprove my fellow brothers in Christ about this issue?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 02:23:31 pm »

by telling them the truth. i do it all the time. because if they dont know, they will never know until someone tells them.

Jesus not born in December, Yule time log? yah, used to be stuffed with children and set on fire. and so on. Its my favorite time of the year.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 02:26:16 pm »

I called into 1220 the word the other day to complain about them calling xmas a Christian holiday. I got pretty frank on the phone, I told them how it makes us(the church) look bad and how it makes it (fasely) seem like we are just reformed paganism. The pastor on the phone got really angry(it wasn't on the air, they screened my call) and said how he is just celebrating Christ's birth... He was pretty mad, so I held my peace(I had already quoted scripture) and said ok...

So, how do you talk to people like that? How can I, as a woman, nicely reprove my fellow brothers in Christ about this issue?

which program was that? I usually just listen to Watchman on the Wall at 6:30 am and occasionally the Janet Medford show if om out a night?
Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 02:27:43 pm »

Yeah, even Bryan and Greg celebrate this pagan holiday. I like watching their expository videos(one of the very few I like nowdays), but nonetheless you can see how deeply this "holiday" appeals to the lusts of the flesh.

BTW - anytime people can angry like that, it means they're on the defensive side. If he genuinely feels Xmas is a true Christian holiday, he would kindly show you scriptures(10/10 times, they won't be able b/c it's not in scripture).
Report Spam   Logged
hannahj

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 02:33:07 pm »

I don't remember what show it was. I normally just play 1220 on the computer and keep it on while my husband's at work(my son likes hearing the people talk, he's only 1 but he enjoys the "company"). It was on around 3 or so. An older man was talking.

And Bryan Dellinger celebrates it? Really? I would think that he wouldn't with everything he talks about.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 02:44:51 pm »

Are you sure Bryan celebrates xmas?
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 02:50:50 pm »

Are you sure Bryan celebrates xmas?

He did a sermon on this 2 years ago(and Greg on his web site says he does too).

I don't know, but Bryan may have changed his mind now, b/c he no longer pastors that home church(which he himself admitted he was doing wrong by being a one-man pastor). But nonetheless, last I checked, he celebrated it.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 02:59:29 pm »

He did a sermon on this 2 years ago(and Greg on his web site says he does too).

I don't know, but Bryan may have changed his mind now, b/c he no longer pastors that home church(which he himself admitted he was doing wrong by being a one-man pastor). But nonetheless, last I checked, he celebrated it.

yep seems so, here are the 2 audios still up on serman audio

What About Christmas?
http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=1219101323520

Answering Christmas Criticisms
http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=12251114131510
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 03:05:26 pm »

Yeah, that's the pt - it's not just Churchianity that buys into this deception, but this pagan holiday is just deep-pitted with the lusts of the flesh, that even the very elect may be deceived.

BTW - I was on a religious section on a sports forum 3 years ago, and commented how xmas and Ishtar are pagan holidays - I was shocked to see even a BUDDHIST believer was in agreement!
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 03:26:37 pm »

Well im listening to them now, and of course he uses Jer 10, and talks about how people read vs. 4-5 and take it as meaning a xmas tree as we see it today. He even agrees that it could very well be an xmas tree, and then ges into how that is only for the Jews at the time, blah blah blah, [enter churchianity answer here]. Im not trying to be facetious here, its just he gave a really lame answer, ANWAYS...

He did what most people do with those verses, he just glanced over the main point in that section. Jer 10:2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen,... 

I think hes just skipping that part and it is reitterated in the new testament.

Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
2 Cr 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

I dont eat hot cross buns, i dont bow to the cookie god, i dont burn the yule log... I really think Bryan should relook at this issue.
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2013, 03:30:06 pm »

My question is: How do you tell fellow believers nicely why you don't celebrate xmas? Especially when they get defensive??

It may be that you might want to make sure who you are calling "fellow believers".

Once you have tried the spirits, then it becomes easy. Those who receive the gospel will listen, the unbelieving will always act up when given the truth, no matter what you do in humility. This is why we are told to not cast your pearls before swine. For everything there is a "season", and there is a time when you should hold your peace.

You might try starting by telling them that you don't see in scripture where we are to celebrate holidays, which ties in your not celebrating those other worldly days as well. This then puts the burden of them trying to show you their justification for celebrating them. Let them try to justify it. Their own words will betray them if there is no light in them.

If they disagree with you and get angry and attack you, it's not because of the holiday, it's because they hated Jesus first.
Report Spam   Logged
tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2013, 04:02:05 pm »

Here’s how we handled the Halloween encounter with the church.

My family completely jumped out of the Halloween vat a couple of years ago.

Back when we were all attending church, some woman (church member#1) handed our child some candy in celebration of the “harvest festival” after the service was over. Note that CM#1 didn’t ask us if this was OK first.

The wife gave the candy back with the explanation that we, as a family, simply choose not to participate in this “holiday”.

About a week later, we get a formal scathing letter from CM#2 accusing us of hurting CM#1’s feelings for not going along with the church program. This is how the church operates.

Since then, I’ve noticed more and more people catching on and refusing to acknowledge this pagan festival. There are still holdouts that place tradition above principles though.

BTW, the letter demanded an apology.

We ended up talking to CM#2 and openly wondered why CM#1 was upset. We simply explained that our family didn’t choose to celebrate that holiday. But if anybody else in the church wanted to, then that was his or her choice. That seemed to remove all the wind from the sails.

So far, x-mas has been a mind-your-own-business affair. We had a family once come into the house under the auspices of “caroling”. What they really wanted to do was snoop. Amazing how nobody wants to ask the object of gossip to confirm or deny something. Since then, nobody seems to want to know why we don’t acknowledge x-mas, ishtar, or halloween.

We still invite people over around that time period for meals and fellowship simply because it’s a dreary time of year. It’s liberating to not have to pin some ritual onto a particular date on the calendar.

Last year I witnessed people that seemed to be in a bizzare, fuzzy, trancelike state on or about the 25th of December. I was acutely aware of the "spirit of xmas" at work. Funny how a day or two after that, people seemed irritable. Happens every year.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2013, 10:42:11 am »

yep seems so, here are the 2 audios still up on serman audio

What About Christmas?
http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=1219101323520

Answering Christmas Criticisms
http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=12251114131510

WOW!!! I really have to say, after listening to these i am quite taken a-back by what hes said. I am really surprised how he is trying to justify his celebrating xmas. it just borders on the absurb, and is totally in contrast to the way he talks today. Maybe he had a change of heart, dont know. Also the loading and the way he used the "glock 19" was really disturbing.

All i got to say about these teachings of his.

Jer 10:2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen... = Saturnalia
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2013, 10:52:42 am »

WOW!!! I really have to say, after listening to these i am quite taken a-back by what hes said. I am really surprised how he is trying to justify his celebrating xmas. it just borders on the absurb, and is totally in contrast to the way he talks today. Maybe he had a change of heart, dont know. Also the loading and the way he used the "glock 19" was really disturbing.

All i got to say about these teachings of his.

Jer 10:2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen... = Saturnalia

May want to email him and ask him what he thinks about it now - remember how he recently admitted he was in biblical error when he held that (one-man)pastor title at his previous home church in his video presentation exposing the IFB/church buildings system.

Whether a church is a 501c3 or not, and whether it's a church building or just meets in homes, when it's runned by a one-man pastor, compromises will come in all over the place.

With that being said, scripture continues to hold true when it says, "Let God be true, and every man a liar"(and that includes myself as well).
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2013, 11:21:42 am »

May want to email him and ask him what he thinks about it now - remember how he recently admitted he was in biblical error when he held that (one-man)pastor title at his previous home church in his video presentation exposing the IFB/church buildings system.

Whether a church is a 501c3 or not, and whether it's a church building or just meets in homes, when it's runned by a one-man pastor, compromises will come in all over the place.

With that being said, scripture continues to hold true when it says, "Let God be true, and every man a liar"(and that includes myself as well).

I have no idea of how to get ahold of him. anyways, just the way he presented these teachings was just wrong. We cannot stop using the days of the week, and to use that as an argument to celebrate xmas is just asinine. Or to say that if you not going to celebrate xmas than you shouldn’t use the paper dollar because of the pagan symbols on it. Jesus apparently used coins with the picture of a pagan god on it.

My whole point whether you celebrate xmas or not, or if you only join in a little or none at all, is that the whole concept of celebrating the birth of Jesus for it is a LIE! Everything about XMAS is a lie. That is my point. I don’t need to lie to celebrate Jesus. I use the lies to show the truth of the Lord. Once people know the truth about mistletoe, they pretty much want nothing to do with it.

And for Bryan to sit there and say you don’t want to offend anyone because that is their traditions? Really? Dude, the whole concept of Jesus offends. I don’t care if i hurt their feelings, as long as it’s the truth. I’ve been hit, pushed,, yelled at, threatened, i don’t care. the truth is the truth. And if i become your enemy for telling you the truth then so be it and the Glory is the Lords.

Gal 4:16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Xmas was celebrated long before Jesus walked this Earth. None of the xmas traditions are from the Lord or the Bible. If you want to get together with family at this time, so be it, but dont do it out of a lie. And yes Bryan, Christmas does mean Christs Mass, goes all the way in Catholic history. http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/03724b.htm
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2013, 12:01:40 pm »

Or to say that if you not going to celebrate xmas than you shouldn’t use the paper dollar because of the pagan symbols on it. Jesus apparently used coins with the picture of a pagan god on it.

Where does it say Jesus used any currency? The only time money even comes up specifically, is when He asked about who's image was on the coin. I believe the lesson was about a person choosing whom they would serve, Caesar or God, but one has to choose, as "you cannot serve God and mammon". And when one chooses, with it comes the responsibility of meeting the demands of the one you chose to serve.

Man's currency is not needed, nor do Christians have to use it to live in this world. We have Jesus, they don't, thus they trust their filthy lucre. Why? Because of the root of all evil; "the love of money".

As for Bryan and this recent revelation, I agree with BA, write to him and get clarification. "...Ye might well bear with him."
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2013, 12:17:49 pm »

Where does it say Jesus used any currency? The only time money even comes up specifically, is when He asked about who's image was on the coin. I believe the lesson was about a person choosing whom they would serve, Caesar or God, but one has to choose, as "you cannot serve God and mammon". And when one chooses, with it comes the responsibility of meeting the demands of the one you chose to serve.

Man's currency is not needed, nor do Christians have to use it to live in this world. We have Jesus, they don't, thus they trust their filthy lucre. Why? Because of the root of all evil; "the love of money".

As for Bryan and this recent revelation, I agree with BA, write to him and get clarification. "...Ye might well bear with him."

To say Jesus Never used money is a bit of a stretch. We know he was a carpenter, and took care of the family after the death of Joseph. Also we know that Jesus and the disciples had money and that Judas was in charge of taking care of it. So apparently they did have money coming in and going out, as they did take care of the poor. And didnt Jesus pay the temple tax with coined money, albeit from the mouth of a fish. None the less, Jesus did use money.

The point i was making was that Bryan was using money as an example to celebrate xmas because pagan symbols are on the dollar. So because i use the dollar, it makes me a hypocrite to not celebrate xmas. well Jesus used coins with Caesars face on it, to them he was a pagan god. The use of that example was just dumb.

Daniel lived in Babylon, worked in the Babylonian Government, but didnt celebrate their holy days or partake in their religion.
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 12:45:14 pm »

So because i use the dollar, it makes me a hypocrite to not celebrate xmas. well Jesus used coins with Caesars face on it, to them he was a pagan god. The use of that example was just dumb.

Yeah, I agree, it doesn't make sense doctrinally.

Jesus did handle currency, that I agree with, as it's mentioned more than once, but my point is that He wasn't advocating using it, but rather to look to God, that I believe is the lesson.

I do not believe using "filthy lucre" is a sin or anything, it's just that by faith we don't need it. This I believe falls under, "they that use this world, as not abusing it...". The world needs it because the world rejects God, and if your going to interact with the world, you have to go by their rules, which includes using their currency.

This is why we are told to not trust in uncertain riches, "but in the living God..."
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2013, 01:26:59 pm »

I just want to say, i just used xmas and its lies as a whitnessing tool. We started talking about xmas and how i dont do it, and that led into WHY, which led into a discussion on evolution as that just the natural progress.  Wink Which led to his eyes being opened up to the lies around him, to which led to me giving him more information. See, how it works. You dont have to do it. Just use it to spread the truth. You cant be a whitness based on a LIE.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2013, 02:55:15 pm »

I just emailed Bryan. I believe he's just settling in in Maine, so he'll probably answer this email(the last 2 I sent him, he didn't answer them b/c he was in the process of starting to move).

FYI - just as I was typing this, he answered it ALMOST IMMEDIATELY! He emailed me the sermon he did on Sermon Audio.com that Mark posted above. So apparently he has not changed his mind.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2013, 02:59:40 pm »

well there we go... thats a shame. I wonder if he puts up a wreath, and hangs mustletoe, and lights a yule time log, i bet he does if hes living in Main now..
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2013, 03:36:22 pm »

Didn't listen to this, but here's the synopsis of this sermon(and will point out the errors of what he's saying)...

We begin by looking at the definition of the word
"Christmas", as it is defined in Webster's 1828
dictionary. You will see the Saxon word "maesse"
actually means "a holy day or festival" and is NOT a
reference to the Roman Catholic "Mass" where Jesus is
supposedly re-sacrificed!

The 1828 Webster's is the primary one I use - but it's NOT perfect by any means, and this is one example.

Next we look at Jeremiah 10:1-5, and see that the
ancient heathen practice of cutting and decorating a
tree is NOT condemned as a SIN, but is called a "vain
custom".

vain - Or how about this?

Matthew_6:7  But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Mat_15:9  But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Mar_7:7  Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Jesus was really serious about what he said here - ie-the modern day church system teaches for doctrines the commandments of men, which is why they're in SIN.

We look up scriptures showing that "holy days" were
celebrated by Jesus before the crucifixion, by Paul
as a Christian, and in fact even in the coming
Millennium!

But Jesus NEVER celebrated his birthday. And don't see anywhere in scripture where "holy days" are celebrated in the Millennial kingdom.

Rev 20:4  And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Rev 20:5  But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Rev 20:6  Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

We conclude by asking 6 questions to the brethren
who oppose Christmas.

1. What will you do about the "Christmas" songs like
Joy To The World, Hark the Herald Angels Sing, etc.?

Neither of these 2 songs are Christian hymns, not even close - they're pagan and deny the Deity of Christ.

3. Will you rebuke a lost person who wishes you a
Merry Christmas?

You don't rebuke lost people, and the lost world for that matter too. Noone should expect anything less from the lost world.

1John 5:19  And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.
1Jn 5:20  And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
1Jn 5:21  Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

4. Will you ban EVERYTHING with "heathen" roots?

5. Will you use a computer which is often used for
evil, and was designed by pagans?

6. Do you want your children to grow up not
understanding a "father giving gifts to his
children"?

You see, this is what people(including myself I will admit) will do to justify evil - we will point to other evils we (supposedly)think we expose ourselves to, and then rationalize that it's somehow OK to do other evils. So using this logic, is it subsequently OK for Christians to watch p0rn, hang out in bars, commit fornication, etc, etc just b/c we happen to use things designed for evil and pagans like the computer, the US dollar, etc? And if we have this attitude, does this mean we have to stop sinning completely, and make ourselves homeless on the streets so that we can avoid everything with a pagan appearance?

John_17:14  I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Joh_17:15  I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

Romans 14:20  For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.
Rom 14:21  It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.

THINK about it!

Yes, I agree with Mark, that is a shame. I DO like Bryan's videos et al(and is one of the very few internet/youtube ministries that preaches sound doctrine), but nonetheless it's very surprising how he's bought into this pagan holiday deception.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2013, 03:12:49 am »

It seems you guys forgot about this! You already nailed him on it...

http://endtimesandcurrentevents.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,7900.msg29344.html#msg29344
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2013, 04:56:33 am »

It seems you guys forgot about this! You already nailed him on it...

http://endtimesandcurrentevents.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,7900.msg29344.html#msg29344

I didnt really listen to Bryan back then... I knew who he was and heard a couple of things, but it wasnt on a regular basis.
Report Spam   Logged

FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2013, 11:38:03 pm »

Wow, I'm really shocked to hear that about Bryan. We have our differences, but man oh man I didn't expect that from him.

Just goes to show you why you should never put your trust in a man. "Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD." (Jeremiah 17:5)

Did you guys say anything to him?
Report Spam   Logged

God gave us minds, let's use them.
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2013, 12:44:08 am »

Wow, I'm really shocked to hear that about Bryan. We have our differences, but man oh man I didn't expect that from him.

Just goes to show you why you should never put your trust in a man. "Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD." (Jeremiah 17:5)

Did you guys say anything to him?

At the time(2 years ago), no, although everyone here was very surprised. I emailed him the other day and asked him about it, but he emailed me back his sermon he did defending it 2 years ago. I thought he might have changed his mind b/c after he moved out of his house church earlier this year, he admitted him being a one-man pastor at his house church was in biblical error, so thought maybe he would change his mind on this as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2013, 01:13:54 am »

he admitted him being a one-man pastor at his house church was in biblical error

Sorry I'm not up on details of Bryan, but what did he think he was in error about?

The x-mas thing though, no doubt he's in error, major error.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2013, 07:18:14 pm »

Sorry I'm not up on details of Bryan, but what did he think he was in error about?

The x-mas thing though, no doubt he's in error, major error.

It was in his long presentation video he did on IFB church buildings where he admitted he was in error by being a one-man pastor at his previous home church. Remember all those Sunday morning services he did for his previous home church he posted on Sermon Audio.com(all posted in this thread since 2011) - he was being just that, a pastor on the pulpit preaching a sermon. Ultimately, he wasn't getting the regularly rebuking and exhortation like the one-man pastor at a typical church building wouldn't get.

He also admitted, I think, that people emailed him warning about the error he was in here for a long time, and is thankful he got out of what he did.

And yes - he's in major error believing xmas is some "Christian" holiday. Like said, maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but am surprised nonetheless b/c this is coming from a non-501c3/KJB-only person.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: