End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 10:22:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

"It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year"

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year"  (Read 764 times)
tennis shoe

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2013, 10:31:28 pm »

I just realized that these are programming instructions for what to do during x-mas. In fact, I decided to write about it because it's playing in my head at the moment. I must have heard it somewhere today. I’m pretty sure every retailer in the nation has this blasting through the speakers right about now. Looks like Edward Pola and George Wyle knew a thing or two about the real origins of x-mas.

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

It's the most wonderful time of the year
With the kids jingle belling
And everyone telling you "Be of good cheer"

It's the hap-happiest season of all
With those holiday greetings and gay happy meetings
When friends come to call
It's the hap- happiest season of all

There'll be parties for hosting
Marshmellows for toasting
And caroling out in the snow
There'll be scary ghost stories
And tales of the glories of
Christmases long, long ago

There'll be much mistletoeing
And hearts will be glowing
When love ones are near

When love ones are near
It's the most wonderful time

Ghost stories?

Tales of glories from long ago?

Sounds like some sort of old Viking ritual.

Don’t forget to get on that emotional high! Cheer up and follow these instructions or else you’ll rock the boat! You wouldn’t want to ROCK THE BOAT. WOULD YOU?!?!?!?

I grew up listening to Andy Williams sing this every single year.

Over
and over
and over again

But I never paid much attention to the lyrics until I was well into adulthood.

I’m starting to realize where dysfunction within a family comes from.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 11:00:47 pm by tennis shoe » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 10:40:16 pm »

While I too used to listen to this song many, many times, never thought about these particular lyrics - good catch!

Yeah - "scary ghost stories"? Sounds very occultish right there! "tales of the glories of Christmases long, long ago"? Ditto!

And it just sounds so "innocent" at the same time. This is the big problem with secular music - you may not be familiar with the lyrics after many listens, but the rhythm and beats of these musics itself will make everything go into your unconscious. Even rock n roll artists like Paul McCartney have admitted it's ultimately the rhythm and beats they emphasize.
Report Spam   Logged
tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 10:52:38 pm »

Can you see the social pressure to comply that's been invoked there? The message is:

“You had better get with the program and put on your smiley face or else WE will blame YOU for RUINING OUR GOOD TIME!”
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 10:58:19 pm by tennis shoe » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 11:01:09 pm »

Can you see the social pressure to comply that's been invoked there? The message is:

“You had better get with the program and put on your smiley face or else WE will blame YOU for RUINING OUR GOOD TIME!”

With the kids jingle belling
And everyone telling you "Be of good cheer"

Yeah - this "collectivism" mind-set - the biggest consequence about getting into collectivism is that one ends up following the majority/world's ways, instead of the ways of the word of God, and what is right. And these Xmas songs are doing so by getting into everyone's unconscious minds.

Now you're seeing a lot of this "collectivism" attitude, big time, in these modern-day churches. No wonder where it came from(at least partly).
Report Spam   Logged
tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 11:25:34 pm »

I’ve always been aware of the difference between doing something because you want to and doing something because you feel that you have to.

The latter seems to come from the world via emotional extortion. It can also be seen as coming from a sense of “duty”. This is generally recognized as commendable in the world’s eyes.

With me, God has preferred honesty. Better to be either hot or cold. That’s how He sees it. It's a basis for everything getting real in my life.

But I wonder if the lukewarm condition is at least partially due to worldly influences such as this.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 03:55:33 am »

But I wonder if the lukewarm condition is at least partially due to worldly influences such as this.

I think it plays a part in it. A type of "peer pressure".

Being "lukewarm" I see as one who doesn't make a stand either way, and they tend to side with whoever they are talking to so they will "fit in". Nobody in the world wants to point the finger at anyone because of their own sins, so they run around telling people "don't judge".
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 04:00:22 am »

That is in reference to D1ckens A Christmas Carol.

That is in reference to xmas stories and regular stories that families tell, and retell and retell, every time they get together.

When love ones are near

This one im a little disturbed about, especially as the Mistletoe was used for lovers to kiss under and get a special blessing from the Zeus to have a fruitful night.
Im a
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 10:03:07 am »

That is in reference to D1ckens A Christmas Carol.

The more I think about this one, it's pretty obvious this whole story was nothing more than a gospel of WORKS - pretty much the theme in this is that you're a good person if you SHARE your earthly wealth, and a bad person if you're miserly with it.(and then the whole ghosts of xmas past/present/future were familiar spirits)

Doesn't it kind of sound familiar over what goes on in these modern-day churches? How Christians need to "tithe" to avoid "curses" upon themselves?
Report Spam   Logged
FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 09:15:58 pm »

Some stuff I've found in my research:

Lyrical excerpt from "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"

Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Make the Yule-tide gay,
From now on,
our troubles will be miles away.

Yule... I don't even have to go into that topic. I assume most of you know exactly what Yule is. If you don't, just type in Yule on a search engine and you'll see what it is.

Here we are as in olden days,
Happy golden days of yore.

Faithful friends who are dear to us
Gather near to us once more.

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_%28mythology%29#Saturnalia
"The revelries of Saturnalia were supposed to reflect the conditions of the lost "Golden Age" before the rule of Saturn was overthrown..."

According to varchive.org/itb/goldage.htm#f_3
"In the beginning was the Golden Age, when men of their own accord, without threat of punishment, without laws, maintained good faith and did what was right..."

So "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" not only harkens back to Yule, but also to Saturnalia...

But yeah, X-mas is a Christian holiday. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

God gave us minds, let's use them.
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 10:45:58 am »

According to varchive.org/itb/goldage.htm#f_3
"In the beginning was the Golden Age, when men of their own accord, without threat of punishment, without laws, maintained good faith and did what was right..."

And that was Alister Crowley's moto - do what thou wilt shall become the whole of the law(or something like that). So Crowley's philosophies were nothing new, really.

BTW - good catch on these words in this song!

Also - all of these "holidays" are nothing but Babylonian Consumerism, to be frank - Ishtar, Halloween, T-Giving, Xmas, etc - ultimately everyone is forced to go out and buy all of these things, then the next thing we know the government is using these "holidays" to say how sales and revenues from these "holidays" went through the roof, it's helping the economy, then they use these economic figures from these few "holidays" to spin how the overall economy is somehow getting better, on and on and on.
Report Spam   Logged
FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 07:24:11 pm »

And that was Alister Crowley's moto - do what thou wilt shall become the whole of the law(or something like that). So Crowley's philosophies were nothing new, really.

Yep, you hit the nail on the head! Here's an excerpt from wikipedia's page on Thelema:

Thelema is a religion that was developed by Aleister Crowley, the early 20th-century British writer and ceremonial magician. He believed himself to be the prophet of a new age, the Aeon of Horus, based upon a spiritual experience that he and his wife, Rose Edith, had in Egypt in 1904. By his account, a possibly non-corporeal or "praeterhuman" being that called itself Aiwass contacted him and dictated a text known as The Book of the Law... which outlined the principles of Thelema. The religion is founded upon the idea that the 20th century marked the beginning of the Aeon of Horus, in which a new ethical code would be followed; "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law".

"Horus served many functions in the Egyptian pantheon, most notably being the god of the sun, war and protection." (wikipedia page on Horus)

I'll end up making a thread dedicated to this stuff later, but you were spot on when you made that observation. Good catch!
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 07:38:24 pm »

Yep, you hit the nail on the head! Here's an excerpt from wikipedia's page on Thelema:

Thelema is a religion that was developed by Aleister Crowley, the early 20th-century British writer and ceremonial magician. He believed himself to be the prophet of a new age, the Aeon of Horus, based upon a spiritual experience that he and his wife, Rose Edith, had in Egypt in 1904. By his account, a possibly non-corporeal or "praeterhuman" being that called itself Aiwass contacted him and dictated a text known as The Book of the Law... which outlined the principles of Thelema. The religion is founded upon the idea that the 20th century marked the beginning of the Aeon of Horus, in which a new ethical code would be followed; "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law".

"Horus served many functions in the Egyptian pantheon, most notably being the god of the sun, war and protection." (wikipedia page on Horus)

I'll end up making a thread dedicated to this stuff later, but you were spot on when you made that observation. Good catch!

Yeah, in a lot of entertainment products - Hollywood movies, tv shows, tv "documentaries", etc - notice how they show clips of the sun quite a bit. They show a lot of occult symbols throughout, but the sun they do quite a bit.

Before I became a Christian(and the Lord showing me all of the subtle evils like this), I never found it unusual over them doing so, but nonetheless I found it rather strange they were showing clips of this quite a bit(like they were a bit obsessed on something), when it had nothing to do with the plots and subject matters of what they were showing.
Report Spam   Logged
FervorForFaith

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 09:34:51 pm »

Yeah, in a lot of entertainment products - Hollywood movies, tv shows, tv "documentaries", etc - notice how they show clips of the sun quite a bit. They show a lot of occult symbols throughout, but the sun they do quite a bit.

Before I became a Christian(and the Lord showing me all of the subtle evils like this), I never found it unusual over them doing so, but nonetheless I found it rather strange they were showing clips of this quite a bit(like they were a bit obsessed on something), when it had nothing to do with the plots and subject matters of what they were showing.

Yeah, you're right. I remember seeing clips of the sky with the sun rising or setting quite a bit. It never had anything to do with the actual show, it was always just added in. IMO, the Antichrist will be who the world will view as a representation of the sun god. Blasphemies like Zeitgeist have done a wonderfully evil job of creating the illusion that all religion is based on the worship of the sun. But I'll go into more detail on this in a future thread.

To continue the lyrical dissection of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas":

Someday soon, we all will be together
If the Fates allow
Until then, we’ll have to muddle through somehow
So have yourself a merry little Christmas now.

You mean these witches? (literally)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: