End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 07:34:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Analysts Predict Biggest Christmas Church Shopping Season Ever

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Analysts Predict Biggest Christmas Church Shopping Season Ever  (Read 499 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2013, 08:20:08 pm »

Analysts Predict Biggest Christmas Church Churchianity Shopping Season Ever

Churches sharpen seasonal services to nab annual worshippers

http://www.holyobserver.com/analysts-predict-biggest-christmas-church-shopping-season-ever/

ANNAPOLIS, MD – Christine Eagen sits at the table in her neatly decorated suburban dining room with an open phone book, a wall calendar, a notepad and a laptop. She circles church listings in the phone book with a red sharpie, visits their Web sites on her laptop and pencils in their names on her calendar between November 25th and December 24th, all the while taking copious notes.

“There are so many churches in the area, and we have such a limited amount of time after Thanksgiving,” Eagen says, pausing for a moment to shush her two young boys at play in the adjoining family room. “We try to cram in as much research in as we can during those weeks, but it really becomes a mad dash to the big decision for Christmas Eve.”

Eagan is part of a growing number of Americans who spend a significant amount of time in the weeks after Thanksgiving looking for the perfect church to attend on Christmas Eve or the Sunday before Christmas. A recent study by the Pew Research Institute reports that roughly one-third of Americans say they attend church just once a year, and more than two-thirds of that group choose the Christmas season for their lone pilgrimage. Analysts are expecting American Churches to see the largest-ever group of Christmas-only congregants this year, and they expect these Christmas church shoppers to attend an average of three Sunday services between Thanksgiving and Christmas in the quest for their perfect Christmas church.

“These annual worshippers are becoming less and less content to drag the family down to the corner church at the last minute,” said Robert Holmes, president of the Center for the Study of World Religion – a London-based religion think tank. “Americans are spending weeks and even months picking out the perfect gifts and decorating their homes to create that idyllic Christmas; it seems ridiculous to expect them to risk walking into a big fat dud of a cantata and a lame candlelit congregational singing of Silent Night. These folks want some sizzle in their season.”

That much sought-after sizzle is not going unnoticed by church leaders, who are expected to be especially busy decking the halls and pumping up the production value of their Christmas programming this season in hopes of catching the eyes of the yuletide-only worship set.

“The past few years, we’ve noticed more and more locals slipping into the back pew during worship those two or three Sundays after Thanksgiving,” said Neil Moorehouse, pastor of celebratory arts at Golden Heights Community Church outside of Louisville. “Let’s just say these aren’t really the type of people you’d expect to see in church, so we know they’re there to scope out the music and the decorations. This year we’ll be ready for them.

Moorehouse has hired a local barbershop chorus and a troop of actors to augment the talent pool for their Christmas services. He’s also planning to book some newspaper and radio ads to generate some buzz. Moorehouse is even talking openly about touching that third rail of church Christmas decorations.

“Of course we’ll have the big tree and the tastefully rustic manger scene, but let’s face it; people want Santa,” Moorehouse said. “I’ve really been leaning on the Elder Board about it this year, telling them the story of the generous Saint Nicholas and suggesting that we have him kneeling in front of the manger to make a real cultural statement. I’m hoping this will be the year that the fat man finally makes his appearance.”

Holmes thinks that the considerable expenses being incurred by Golden Heights and countless other American churches this Christmas season could be the best money they spend all year.

“Not only are people in the giving mood around Christmas, they’re in the end-of-year giving mood,” he said. “I’ve talked to many pastors of large American churches who are planning to incorporate building fund messages into their Christmas pageants. There may have been no room at the inn, but they want to make sure there’s plenty of room in the contemporary worship annex for years to come.”

Moorehouse agrees.

“If we’re only going to get these people once a year, you can bet that they’re going to get a subtle, yet solid sales pitch,” he said. “We have no problem getting our worship through giving on at Christmas time. It’s when we pull out our A-list offertory music, and if you come to Golden Heights, it’s not your imagination; you really do smell a hint of holiday spice potpourri in the offering plate.”

For Eagan, the hunt for the perfect church is just another chore on the growing Christmas to-do list.

“It’s a lot of work, but I really think it’s worth it,” she said. “If we’re going to go to church just once a year, we’re going to make sure it’s extra special. We’ve got a whole lot of services to attend to make sure we get it right.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FWIW, wouldn't it be something if the rapture of the church happened on either 12/25 or a Sunday before this date?

2The 2:10  And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11  And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12  That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 09:06:49 pm »

“Not only are people in the giving mood around Christmas, they’re in the end-of-year giving mood,” he said. “I’ve talked to many pastors of large American churches who are planning to incorporate building fund messages into their Christmas pageants. There may have been no room at the inn, but they want to make sure there’s plenty of room in the contemporary worship annex for years to come.”

Moorehouse agrees.

“If we’re only going to get these people once a year, you can bet that they’re going to get a subtle, yet solid sales pitch,” he said.

For a limited time, we’ll give you DOUBLE credit on all tithes and offering.* THAT’S a 50 percent savings right there! Imagine that big-screen TV in your living room on x-mas day. Ho, ho, ho! Offerings above that are always accepted AND it’s tax-deductible if offered before the end of the year. God just loves a cheerful giver. And so do we!

But wait, there’s more! Act now and receive a FREE church-approved plastic angel for your x-mas tree. Fun for the kids. Imagine your relative’s awe when they see this atop the tree. They’ll be stunned! This will truly make the yuletide gay in your household.

*Offer void where prohibited by law. Double credit program requires at least 7 months of continual church membership to include regular tithes and attendance. Missed payments otherwise default to single credit plan. All terms and conditions subject to IRS 501c3 rules.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 01:20:09 am »

Cheesy

Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 07:01:30 pm »

http://www.ephesians511blog.blogspot.com/2013/12/the-true-reality-of-jesus-birth-eternal.html
12/8/13
The TRUE REALITY of Jesus’ birth - Eternal Hell for many who celebrate it

While the Merchandise Church Machine is caught up this time of year with buying and selling all in the name of “Christmas”, we need to remember what Jesus said before He was crucified and  before He comes back to judge the world and before we die –

Matthew 10:34-37 – “Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

37 He that loveth father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.”

Luke 12:4-5 – “And I say unto you My friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.

5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear Him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into Hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear Him.”

The Greek word for the word “fear” in Luke 12:5 is phobeō and it means – to fear, be afraid of one.

Remember Jesus addressed this to the ones He called “My friends”.

John 15:14 – “Ye are My friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.”

Jesus said to the ones He referred to as "My friends" to be afraid of God.

Matthew 7:21-23 – “Not every one that saith unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of My Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in Thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity.”

The everlasting Gospel preached in Revelation 14:6-7 is “Fear God and give glory to Him”.

Revelation 14:6-7 – “And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to Him; for the hour of His judgment is come: and worship Him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.”

Satan’s tactic, remove threat of Hell, just buy & sell, $$$

The focus is on a non-threatening image of a baby & presents–

No fear of God, No eternal Hell, Nothing threatening

However, Jesus threatened all men with eternal Hell after He arrived and warned all to Fear God, to be afraid.

Jesus said if we loved father, mother, son or daughter more than Him we were not worthy of Him.

There are ZERO empty threats with Jesus. It’s final –

No Christmas trees, No presents, No Egg Nog in Eternal Hell

Ask yourself these questions –

•Why would Jesus tell the ones He addressed as “My
 friends” to be afraid of God?

•Why is the focus on a baby and presents, not eternal Hell?

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 01:31:23 am »

The worldly focus is on the love of money. Everything else is just fluff.

Like I told my dad not long ago, we really shouldn't celebrate these "holidays" and even birthdays, because all it does is cause a person to think about what they will get for a gift. Look at how kids are with gifts, and people encourage that coveting by kids with promoting the idea that if the person is good, they will get gifts. He said he's never looked at it that way, and he claims to be Christian too.

The world tries to spin it with the claim the "season" is about "giving", when in reality the world in their lust for more, are focused on receiving, not giving.

Some people are slow to get it. They are so caught up in the "holidays", they don't understand people who don't celebrate it. They think because they put such effort into buying gifts for others, that makes their own covetousness okay.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: