End Times and Current Events
March 19, 2024, 06:09:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Read This First Before You Decide That Preppers Are Crazy

Shoutbox
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
September 14, 2017, 04:31:26 am Christian40 says: i have thought that i'm reaping from past sins then my life has been impacted in ways from having non believers in my ancestry.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Read This First Before You Decide That Preppers Are Crazy  (Read 5324 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2013, 05:53:24 am »

50 Shocking Questions That You Should Ask To Anyone That Is Not A Prepper Yet

Share this list of shocking questions with everyone you know that needs to wake up.  Sometimes asking good questions is the best way to get someone that you care about to understand something.  When I attended law school, I became very familiar with something called "the Socratic method".  It is a method that has been traditionally used in law schools all over the United States.  Law professors will bombard their students with questions, and the goal is to stimulate critical thinking and allow students to discover the answers for themselves.  Many times those of us that can see what is happening to this country get frustrated when we try to get others to see what is so apparent to us.  But instead of preaching to them, perhaps asking questions would be more helpful.  When you ask someone a question, they are almost forced to think about what you just said and come up with a response.  And without a doubt, the fact that America is in decline is undeniable.  Those that would choose to blindly have faith in the system are foolish, because it is glaringly obvious that the system is failing.  Our economy is heading for collapse and the world around us is becoming more unstable with each passing day.  So it shouldn't be a surprise that the number of preppers in the United States is absolutely exploding.  Some estimates put the number of preppers in the U.S. as high as 3 million, and the movement continues to explode.

So exactly what is a "prepper"?  Well, the truth is that there is a tremendous amount of diversity among the people that fall under that label.

To me, you don't have to move to Montana and store 500 cases of MREs in a nuclear fallout shelter to be considered a prepper.  I believe that anyone that can see a very serious crisis coming and that is taking steps to prepare for that crisis would be considered a prepper.  You might be living next to one and never even know it.  Many families have converted spare rooms into food pantries or are taking survival training on the weekends.  Others have renewed their interest in gardening or have started to invest in precious metals.  As far as I am concerned, anything that you can do to become more self-sufficient and more independent of the system is a good thing, because the system is rapidly failing.

Perhaps you are reading this and you are thinking that people who are "preparing for disaster" are being rather foolish.  Well, I encourage you to read the list of questions that I have compiled below and come to your own conclusions.

The following are 50 shocking questions that you should ask to anyone that is not a prepper yet...

#1 Why are sales of physical silver coins breaking all sorts of all-time records?  The U.S. Mint is on pace to sell more silver eagles during the first month of 2013 than it did during the entire year of 2007.

#2 Why has Germany announced that it will be moving gold from New York and Paris to its own vaults back home?  Is this a sign of a breakdown in trust among global central banks?

#3 Why is China systematically hoarding gold?

#4 Why have billionaires such as George Soros and John Paulson been hoarding massive amounts of gold?

#5 Why are billionaires buying up so much ranch land up in Montana?

#6 Why is Russia warning that we are rapidly approaching a global "currency war"?

#7 Why has Barack Obama chosen this moment to launch an all-out attack on the Second Amendment?

#8 Why does Barack Obama want doctors to ask their patients questions about firearms?

#9 Why is there an incredibly severe nationwide ammunition shortage all of a sudden?

#10 Why has a bill been introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives that "would ban Internet or mail order ammunition purchases"?

#11 Why are gun control advocates such as Piers Morgan pushing for us to become more like the UK when the UK actually has a much higher violent crime rate than we do?

#12 Why was a Forbes article that made a connection between the use of psychiatric drugs and the mass shootings that we have seen in recent years almost immediately taken down from the Internet?

#13 Why does the federal government want to start putting "black boxes" in all new motor vehicles?

#14 Why are some U.S. states now using computers to predict "future crimes"?

#15 Why are "black-clad federal SWAT teams" raiding farms and ranches all over the United States?

#16 Why are we all being trained to spy on one another?

#17 Why are highly advanced facial recognition cameras being put up all over the United States?

#18 Why have police departments all over America begun to deploy unmanned surveillance drones in the skies over our cities?

#19 Why are schools all over America beginning to require students to carry IDs with RFID microchips in them wherever they go?

#20 Why are more Americans not outraged that nearly 400 TSA employees have been fired for stealing from travelers since 2003?

#21 Why are Americans not more outraged that TSA goons are manhandling the private areas of our women and our children in the name of "national security"?

#22 Why is an elderly survivor of the Nazi occupation of Austria, Kitty Werthmann, warning that America is heading down the exact same path that she experienced?

#23 If the economy is in good shape, then why are more than one out of every four U.S. workers with a 401(k) raiding those funds in order to pay current expenses?

#24 Why does the Federal Reserve continue to insist that the economy is "improving" when it obviously is not?

#25 Why can so few Americans explain how money is created in the United States?

#26 Why has the U.S. dollar declined in value by well over 95 percent since the Federal Reserve was created?

#27 Why is the U.S. national debt more than 5000 times larger than it was when the Federal Reserve was created?

#28 Why isn't the mainstream media in the U.S. discussing the fact that the U.S. dollar is in danger of losing its status as the primary reserve currency of the world?

#29 Why don't more Americans know about the quadrillion dollar derivatives bubble?

#30 Why did the U.S. national debt grow during the first four years of the Obama administration by about as much as it did from the time that George Washington took office to the time that George W. Bush took office?

#31 Why is the middle class in America bringing home a smaller share of the overall income pie than has ever been recorded before?

#32 If the U.S. economy is producing a healthy number of good jobs, then why are we spending nearly a trillion dollars a year on welfare?

#33 If the U.S. economy is not collapsing, then why has the number of Americans on food stamps grown from 17 million in the year 2000 to more than 47 million today?

#34 If America is still an economic powerhouse, then why have we lost more than 56,000 manufacturing facilities since 2001?

#35 Why are we losing half a million jobs to China every single year?

#36 Why were one out of every ten homes sold in the state of California last year purchased by Chinese citizens?

#37 Why has the percentage of men with jobs in the United States fallen so dramatically?  Back in 1950, more than 80 percent of all men in the United States had jobs.  Today, less than 65 percent of all men in the United States have jobs.

#38 Why are so many Americans poor today?  According to the U.S. Census Bureau, more than 146 million Americans are either "poor" or "low income".  Why is this happening?

#39 Why does the U.S. government have a website that teaches immigrants how to sign up for welfare programs once they arrive in the United States?

#40 Why has the number of gang members living in the United States risen by an astounding 40 percent just since 2009?

#41 Why does approximately one out of every three children in the United States live in a home without a father?  Can such a society prosper in the long run?

#42 Why are our supermarkets being flooded with genetically-modified foods when a whole host of studies have shown that they are potentially dangerous to human health?

#43 If the economy has "improved" during the Obama years, then why are hunger and poverty still absolutely skyrocketing in the United States?

#44 Why are more than a million public school students in the United States homeless?

#45 Why are more than 50 percent of all children in Detroit living in poverty?  Detroit used to be one of the greatest cities in the entire world.  How did such prosperity turn into such desolation?

#46 Why did a violent riot break out at an event where government-subsidized section 8 housing vouchers were being handed out in a suburb of Detroit earlier this month?  Is this the kind of unrest that we can expect to see all over the country when things get really bad?

#47 Why are cities all over the United States making it illegal to feed the homeless?

#48 Why is the UN trying to take control of the Internet?

#49 Why have global food supplies sunk to their lowest level in nearly 40 years?

#50 Why is global power concentrated in so few hands?  According to the Swiss Federal Institute, a network of 147 mega-corporations control 40 percent of all the wealth in the world, and in a previous article I described how just six obscenely powerful corporations completely dominate the media industry in the United States.  Is it good for such incredible power to be concentrated in the hands of so few people?

Please share this article with as many people as you can.  It only takes a few moments to share an article, but the person on the other end that reads it might have their life changed forever.

Do you have any questions that you think should be added to this list?  Please feel free to share your thoughts by leaving a comment below...

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/50-shocking-questions-that-you-should-ask-to-anyone-that-is-not-a-prepper-yet
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2013, 08:01:19 am »

Why Does The Mainstream Media Like To Make Fun Of Preppers So Much?

Have you noticed that the mainstream media has a tremendous amount of disdain for preppers?  Even though there are now approximately 3 million preppers in the United States, most of the time the media ignores us.  But once in a while an editor in New York City or Los Angeles decides that it would be fun to do a story about the “crazies” that are preparing for doomsday.  And of course it is very rare for any piece in the mainstream media about preppers to be even close to balanced reporting.  Most of the time, news stories that report on preppers portray them as mentally unstable kooks and loons that everyone else in society should be laughing at.  But perhaps there is a deeper explanation for the contempt that the mainstream media has for preppers.  After all, those in the media are representatives of the establishment, and they are probably deeply offended on some level that we don’t have the same kind of blind faith in the system that they do.  The fact that so many Americans believe that the system is on the verge of collapse doesn’t make any sense to them, and instead of really looking into the truth of what we are saying, they would much rather dismiss us by labeling all of us a bunch of uneducated nutjobs on the fringe of society.

A few days ago, I came across another example of this demonization of preppers by the mainstream media.  The following are a few lines from a recent CNN article entitled “What I saw at the doomsday prepper convention“.  For the first few paragraphs the piece actually seems fairly balanced, but by the end of the article the author can’t resist openly mocking preppers and what many of them believe.  Just check out these zingers…

-”It’s so much more fun to worry about martial law than a hurricane. People like zombies as a marketing tool.”

-”I spot more than a few zombie-themed rifle targets at the show.”

-”Still, it was impossible to completely ignore the presence of an element many would consider reactionary.”

-”After a relatively measured primer on the threats of inflation, featured economist Dr. Kirk Elliot encouraged me to look into how the Rothschild and Rockefeller families continue to own the Federal Reserve”

-”Finally, at the end of my conversation with John Egger about the rise of ‘suburban homesteading,’ a man with a white shock of hair interjected himself into the conversation. ‘You know what chemtrails are?’ he asked, referring to another conspiracist trope that sees chemical tampering in jetstream vapor trails. ‘They’re changing the weather, then selling drought tolerant seeds. George Soros and Bill Gates are behind it.’ Egger nodded politely and smiled, tolerant of a potential customer’s eccentricities.”

-”While normalcy and centrism may be the goal for businesspeople like Cindy and Jim Thompson, it seems the preparedness lifestyle hasn’t completely shaken loose its extremists and kooks.”

And of course this is hardly an isolated example of prepper bashing.  The following is an excerpt from a Los Angeles Times review of the “Doomsday Preppers” television show on the National Geographic channel…

Still, it’s hard not to feel for young Jason from tiny Plato, Mo. (pop. 109), who is awaiting worldwide financial collapse with his homemade, nail-studded “mace-ball bat,” and that his is a life on the verge of going completely wrong. “I’m not afraid to have to kill,” Jason says, in his camouflage pants and dog tag, and there seems to be no question in his mind that it will come to that. (“Jason has always been a worrywart,” says his mother.)

Or for Big Al, from Nashville, who is getting ready for old-school nuclear war by digging down into the earth and surrounding himself with steel. (“I prefer not to use the term ‘bunker’ — to me, it’s an underground house.”) He spends months at a time by himself down there, training for the inevitable — which he expects to weather alone — cooking different combinations of canned goods and, you know, spending too much time alone. One leg pumps constantly as he talks.

The preppers don’t want my pity, of course — quite the opposite, I’m sure. The joke will be on me, they would say, when I am expiring from fallout or smallpox, being carried away in a tornado or torn apart by the hungry ravaging hordes. (I am not even prepared for the Big Earthquake that might more probably get me.)

Lovely, eh?

Would the Los Angeles Times mock other groups of Americans in a similar manner?

I think not.

Meanwhile, as the mainstream media continues to mock us, there is a perfect example of why we should all be prepping that is unfolding right in front of our eyes.  The most destructive typhoon in the history of the Philippines is showing just how rapidly society can completely fall apart in the event of a major disaster…

The cries of the suffering carried through a small, cramped one-story clinic in typhoon-ravaged Tacloban where the medicine was all but gone Thursday, but the number of wounded in the hard-hit Philippine city continued to grow.

The clinic at the airport in the decimated capital city of Leyte province is one of the few places where those injured in Super Typhoon Haiyan and its aftermath can turn for help, what little help there is six days after the storm.

“We don’t have any medicines. We don’t have any supplies. We have IVs, but it’s running out,” Dr. Katrina Catabay told CNN.
 “Most of the people don’t have water and food. That’s why they come here. Most of the kids are dehydrated. They are suffering from diarrhea and vomiting.”

Most Americans assume that if anything like this ever happened here that the federal government would rush in and rescue them.

But what if the government didn’t come to rescue you?

Past disasters such as Hurricane Katrina have long since faded from the memories of many Americans.  How quickly we forget the lessons that we should have learned from past tragedies.

And what if there is an event such as a massive EMP blast that causes public services to go down permanently?

What would you do?

In the Philippines, there is widespread looting and rioting even though this natural disaster is only temporary and governments from all around the world are rushing in to offer assistance…

TV reports said security forces exchanged fire with armed men amid widespread looting of shops and warehouses for food, water and other supplies in the village of Abucay, part of worst-hit Tacloban in Leyte province.

While eight people were crushed to death when looters raided rice stockpiles in a government warehouse in the town of Alangalang, causing a wall to collapse, local authorities said.

Other looters still managed to cart away 33,000 bags of rice weighing 110 lb each, said Orlan Calayag, administrator of the state-run grain agency National Food Authority.

Warehouses owned by a food and drinks company were ransacked in the storm-hit town of Palo in Leyte, along with a rice mill in Jaro, said Alfred Li, head of the Leyte Chamber of Commerce and Industry.

Tacloban city administrator Tecson John Lim said 90 percent of the coastal city of 220,000 people had been destroyed, with only 20 percent of residents receiving aid. Houses were now being looted because warehouses were empty, he said.

If you don’t think that anything like this could ever happen here, you are just being delusional.  Americans are not any better than those living in the Philippines.  When something really, really bad happens in the heart of the United States, we will see mass panic and fear here too.

And most Americans are completely and totally unprepared for even a minor emergency…

-44 percent of all Americans do not have first-aid kits in their homes.

-48 percent of all Americans do not have any emergency supplies stored up at all.

-53 percent of all Americans do not have a 3 day supply of nonperishable food and water in their homes.

So instead of making fun of preppers, perhaps the mainstream media should be encouraging more people to prepare for future emergencies.

Someday major disaster will strike this nation, and what that happens it will be the preppers that will have the last laugh.

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/why-does-the-mainstream-media-like-to-make-fun-of-preppers-so-much
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2014, 05:41:57 am »

It Doesn’t Take Much For People To Start Behaving Like Crazed Lunatics

If an ice storm can cause this much panic in our major cities, what will a real crisis look like?  The biggest news story in the United States right now is the "historic ice storm" that is hammering the South.  Travel will be a nightmare, schools and businesses will be closed, and hundreds of thousands of people will lose power.  In fact, it is being projected that some people could be without power for up to a week.  But at the end of the day, the truth is that this ice storm is just an inconvenience.  Yes, the lives of millions of Americans will be disrupted for a few days, but soon the ice will melt and life will be back to normal.  Unfortunately, it doesn't take much for people to start behaving like crazed lunatics.  As you will see below, the winter weather is causing average Americans to ransack grocery stores, fight over food items and even pull guns on one another.  If this is how people will behave during a temporary weather emergency, how will they behave when we are facing a real disaster?

This is a perfect example that shows why it is wise to always have emergency food supplies on hand.  According to CNN, all that is left on the shelves of some grocery stores in Atlanta is "corn and asparagus"...

As the skies turned heavy, Atlantans cleaned stores out of loaves of bread, gallons of milk, bundles of firewood and cans of beans and beer. In some stores, all that was left were the apparently less-popular corn and asparagus.

And according to an Infowars report, some people down in Atlanta were actually getting into fights over basic essentials such as milk and bread...

Atlanta residents ransacked neighborhood grocery stores in frantic preparation for their second major snowstorm of the year, waging fights over food items and leaving destruction and empty shelves in their wake, a stunning precursor to what will ensue once a major crisis impacts the U.S.

After three inches of snow shut the city down two weeks ago, causing major havoc and leaving miles of cars stranded on immobile roadways, the residents of Atlanta took heed and shopped early.

According to people who Tweeted photos of barren store shelves, residents went crazy over essentials like milk, bread, water and eggs, and in some cases “people were fighting. Yes fighting,” alleges one user.

The photo that I have shared below was posted to Twitter by Kris Muir.  It shows what the bread aisle at a Kroger in the Atlanta area looked like as the storm approached...

Bread aisle of a Kroger in the Atlanta area

So what would happen if this was an extended crisis and you had not stored up any emergency supplies for your own family?

That is something to think about.

And just like during the last major winter storm in the South, there are reports of hundreds of vehicles being abandoned on the side of the road in major cities.  For example, just check out what has been happening in Raleigh, North Carolina...

"I live and work in downtown. I was able to get from my office back home. My wife works in Morrisville, about 25 minutes away. She left the office at 12 p.m. and is still on the road. I am coaching her home with Google Maps. It appears that, from WRAL TV, the ramp from Wade Avenue to 440 is blocked by abandoned cars. That is a HUGE ramp (downtown Raleigh to highway)."

We are also seeing quite a few reports of "snow rage" as this cold, snowy winter drags on.  In fact, on Sunday someone actually pulled out a shotgun and threatened to shoot a snow plow driver on Long Island...

As CBS 2’s Carolyn Gusoff reported Tuesday, people have found themselves fed up with the hassle of plowing, shoveling and salting. In fact, they have been pushed to the edge, to the point where they have been taking out their frustrations on plow drivers.

Eric Ramirez, a snow plow driver on Long Island, said an irate man went so far as to rack a shotgun Sunday and threaten to shoot him because he was piling snow in front of the man’s Manorhaven home.

And a similar incident involving a pistol was recently reported in Union Township...

The incident happened Monday afternoon along Underwood Street in Union Township.

Police say Eckert became angry when the self-employed driver, John Abraham, accidentally pushed some snow into his yard while cleaning a neighbor’s driveway.

“I went like this to put it in park and there was a gun right here in my face,” Abraham said.

Eckert is then accused of taking a .22-calibur pistol out of his coat, and pressing it against Abraham’s cheek, telling him to remove the snow.

As I write about so frequently, the thin veneer of civilization that we all take for granted is starting to disappear.  A whole host of surveys and opinion polls have shown that Americans are angrier and more frustrated than ever.  Our society has become a ticking time bomb, and it isn't going to take much for it to explode.

When it does explode, most people are going to be depending on the government or someone else to take care of them.  The following is a brief excerpt from a recent article by Mac Slavo...

Despite warnings from FEMA, as well as the prevalence of popular preparedness TV shows, Americans still don’t seem to understand how susceptible we are to a complete destabilization of life as we know it. It boggles the mind that most people seem to think that when disasters strikes they’ll be able to depend on someone else to provide them with assistance.

Fortunately, at least a few people seem to be learning some lessons about the importance of being prepared from these winter storms...

"Last time I was totally unprepared, I was completely blindsided," said Lisa Nadir, of Acworth, who sat in traffic for 13 hours and then spent the night in her car when the storm hit Jan. 28. "I'm going to be prepared from now on for the rest of my life."

What about you?

Are you prepared?

We live at a time when our world is becoming increasingly unstable, and it doesn't take much to imagine a bunch of scenarios in which this nation would be facing a major crisis for an extended period of time...

-A major eruption of Mt. Rainier or the Yellowstone supervolcano

-The "Big One" hits California

-A massive earthquake along the New Madrid fault line

-A highly infectious pandemic that kills tens of millions of Americans

-Hackers bring down the Internet or crash the banking system

-A massive tsunami hits either the east coast or the west coast destroying numerous major cities

-A major war erupts in the Middle East and the United States gets involved

-A crisis involving North Korea sparks a major war in Asia

-A terror attack that specifically targets our power grid

-A terror attack involving a weapon of mass destruction in one of our major cities

-A terror attack or a major natural disaster causes one or more nuclear facilities in the heart of the United States to experience a "Fukushima-like crisis"

-A massive EMP blast that fries our electrical grid and our communications systems

-Last but certainly not least, a massive economic collapse that fundamentally changes life in America on a permanent basis

So what do you think?

Are there additional scenarios that you would add to the list above?

Please feel free to share what you think by posting a comment below...

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/it-doesnt-take-much-for-people-to-start-behaving-like-crazed-lunatics
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2014, 04:51:42 am »

16 Signs That Most Americans Are NOT PREPARED For The Coming Economic Collapse

Sometimes I think that I sound like a broken record.  I am constantly using phrases such as "get prepared while you still can" and "time is running out".  In fact, I use them so often that people are starting to criticize me for it.  But the truth is that only a small percentage of people out there are actively taking steps to get ready for what is coming.  Most of the country is not prepared at all.  In many ways, it is just like 2007 all over again.  There were many people that could see what was about to happen and were doing all they could to warn people, but most did not listen.  And then the great financial crisis of 2008 struck and millions of people lost their jobs and their homes.  Unfortunately, the next great wave of the economic collapse is going to be even more painful than the last one.  It is imperative that people get prepared for what is on the horizon, but for the most part it is just not happening.

A lot of it has to do with the fact that we have such short memories and such short attention spans in America today.  Thanks to years of television and endless hours on the Internet, I find myself having a really hard time focusing on anything for more than just a few moments.  And we are accustomed to living in an "instant society" where we don't have to wait for anything.  In such a society, we are used to "news cycles" that only last for 24 hours and very few people take a "long-term view" of anything.

And another one of the big problems that we are facing is something called "normalcy bias".  The following is how Wikipedia defines it...

The normalcy bias, or normality bias, refers to a mental state people enter when facing a disaster. It causes people to underestimate both the possibility of a disaster occurring and its possible effects. This often results in situations where people fail to adequately prepare for a disaster, and on a larger scale, the failure of governments to include the populace in its disaster preparations. The assumption that is made in the case of the normalcy bias is that since a disaster never has occurred then it never will occur. It also results in the inability of people to cope with a disaster once it occurs. People with a normalcy bias have difficulties reacting to something they have not experienced before. People also tend to interpret warnings in the most optimistic way possible, seizing on any ambiguities to infer a less serious situation.

Over the past several years, the U.S. economy has been relatively stable.  And that is a good thing.  But it has also lulled millions upon millions of people into a false sense of security and complacency.  At this point, most Americans consider 2008 to be a temporary bump in the road, and most assume that the U.S. economy will always be strong.

Unfortunately, that is not the truth.  As I have written about previously, the long-term trends that are destroying our economy have continued to get worse since 2008, and none of the problems that caused the last financial crisis have been fixed.

We are steamrolling toward the edge of an economic cliff, and most people in our entertainment-addicted society are totally oblivious to what is going on.  So they are not doing anything to get ready for the immense economic pain that is coming.  The following are 16 signs that most Americans are completely unprepared for the coming economic collapse...

#1 Could you come up with $2000 right now?  According to a shocking study that was just released, most Americans could not...

Forty percent of individuals in the U.S. said they could not or probably could not come up with $2,000 if an unexpected need arose, according to research by Atif Mian of Princeton University and Amir Sufi of the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.

#2 In that same study, Americans were asked the following question...

"Do you have 3 months emergency funds to cover expenses in case of sickness, job loss, economic downturn?"

An astounding 60 percent of people that responded said that they do not.

#3 Another study found that less than one out of every four Americans has enough money stored away to cover six months of expenses.

#4 Some people are actually trying really hard to get ahead, but admittedly that is really tough to do when we are all being taxed into oblivion.  In fact, it was reported this week that Americans now spend more on taxes than they spend on food, clothing and housing combined.

#5 Right now, more Americans are dependent on the government than ever before.  In fact, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, 49 percent of all Americans live in a home that currently gets direct monetary benefits from the federal government.

#6 It is estimated that less than 10 percent of the entire U.S. population owns any gold or silver for investment purposes.  That is a stunning number.

#7 It has been estimated that there are approximately 3 million "preppers" in the United States.  But that means that almost everyone else is not prepping.

#8-16 The following are nine more statistics that come from a survey conducted by the Adelphi Center for Health Innovation.  As you can see, a significant portion of the population is not even prepared for a basic emergency that would last for just a few days...

44 percent don’t have first-aid kits
    48 percent lack emergency supplies
    53 percent do not have a minimum three-day supply of nonperishable food and water at home
    55 percent believe local authorities will come to their rescue if disaster strikes
    52 percent have not designated a family meeting place if they are separated during an emergency
    42 percent do not know the phone numbers of all of their immediate family members
    21 percent don’t know if their workplace has an emergency preparedness plan
    37 percent do not have a list of the drugs they are taking
    52 percent do not have copies of health insurance documents

What do you think is going to happen to these people once the economy collapses and there is chaos in the streets?

How are they going to survive?

After all of these years of writing about the coming economic collapse, nothing has changed as far as the long-term outlook is concerned.

We are still heading toward a complete and total economic meltdown.

But most Americans continue to have faith in the system, and the mainstream media keeps assuring them that everything is going to be just fine.

And in this "dumbed-down" society of ours, most people are perfectly content to let others do their thinking for them.  In America today, only one out of every six Americans can even find Ukraine on a map of the world.  That is how far we have fallen.

In this day and age, it is imperative that we all learn how to think for ourselves.  The foundations of our society are crumbling, our economic system is failing and the blind are leading the blind.  If we do not learn to make our own decisions, we are just going to follow the rest of the herd into oblivion.

In addition, we all need to start taking a long-term view of things.  Just because the economic collapse is not going to happen this month does not mean that it is not going to happen.  When you step back and take a broader view of what is happening, it becomes exceedingly clear where we are heading.

Sadly, most Americans will never do that.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/16-signs-that-most-americans-are-not-prepared-for-the-coming-economic-collapse
Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2014, 01:03:52 pm »

#17 The modern-day "church" system in America has given their flock the illusion that everything is peaches and cream, and that we're still living this "American Dream" with loads of "religious freedom".

Yeah, having been in these Babel church buildings recently...they are just BEYOND wretched.

Remember the passage in Isaiah where the Lord added 15 years to Hezekiah's life? Well, one "pastor" recently said(about this particular "church") that it means how the Lord has added another 15 years to this very "church"(it's the same one that forced out its previous pastor last year). Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2015, 03:41:41 pm »

The Worst 10 Things Non-Preppers Will Be Forced To Deal With When TSHTF. (#5 May Be Fatal!)

The worst has occurred. The grid has gone down. The balloon has gone up.

While you were one of the “smart ones” who believes in preparing yourself and your family to survive the coming collapse, your neighbors and fellow townsfolk were clueless.

And now the world looks much different than yesterday morning when they woke up.

You know something they don’t.

In fact, here are…
The Top 10 “Wake-Up Calls” For Non-Preppers When TSHTF

Non-Preppers

1. You look outside your window and only see darkness.

Our government has admitted that our electrical grid is being held together by little more than duct tape and bubble gum.

We’ve had events as “harmless” as a tree branch falling 5 states away cause entire regions of the U.S. to go black.

Without power, without street lights, urban environments become a pitch-black nightmare when the sun goes down.

2. Your family is complaining of being hungry and thirsty all the time

With grocery stores picked clean and chaos still ruling the world outside your home, you’ll be left to survive with only what you’ve collected so far.

In some scenarios, without electricity to run the city’s pumps (or your well), there won’t be any water coming out of your faucet.

Even if there is, if the utility infrastructure collapses and water treatment fails, the water coming out of your pipes could be dangerously contaminated and come out brown and smelling like chemicals or sewage.

People can only live 3 days without water – even less in hot, stressful conditions.

Even for survivalists who hoarded food and water early, you won’t want to run through your stockpile too soon so rationing will be a big part of your response plan… and you’ll need to make hard decisions.

For non-preppers, it will be much worse!

3. Your toilet is smelling up the house.

With no water, there’s no indoor plumbing. But non-preppers will still try to use their toilets which will soon be useless and begin to stink up their house.

YOU will be forced to find another means of getting rid of what’s coming out of your body.

4. You have no access to an ambulance.

In a disaster, critical injuries are more common but your local paramedics will be overwhelmed with the amount of casualties.

RELATED: Water Revolution: This Gadget Makes Gallons of Drinking Water Out of Air

You may be the one who’s responsible of whether your child lives or dies from their wounds.

Basic first aid skills may not be enough if there’s massive bleeding.

5. Fires are burning uncontrolled.

With more people turning to alternative means of cooking and heating in their homes, the probability of fires skyrockets.

But as firefighters are called on to assist with crisis response throughout the area, flames will overtake homes and spread.

6. Mobs are moving from house to house – looting, smashing, and burning.

Police departments are manned based on peacetime needs and not prepared for an all out collapse.

With the anger and frustration over not being “taken care of”, local residents can turn mean and decide to take things into their own hands.

In a collapse, there’s no more law.

7. You pick up the phone to call 911 and the line is dead.

Remember the “old days” when the power went out but your phone still worked?

Well, with the “advancements” of internet lines, most phones now are all delivered digitally and almost nobody uses land-lines anymore.

How to Pack the 10 most important survival items for any survival situation

In a collapse, if your computer goes down, so does your phone – and the cell networks will quickly become overloaded and drop your signal.

Your trusty smartphone will be useless.

Even if you do get through to emergency services, police will be outnumbered and rendered practically useless

Many police officers will be forced to abandon their posts and look after their own families and as looting spreads to your area, YOU could be the only thing protecting your family.

8. You feel unsafe at home.

Most people think they can just wait out a disaster.

But what if a flood, wildfire, violent riot, or hostile force is heading your way?

Or the looting mobs spread to your home and there’s no back-up from law enforcement to protect you?

It’s a sad fact that most people will realize they have not choice but to get out of Dodge until it’s too late.

Unfortunately, very few know the right way to design a bug-out “go bag”… even experienced “preppers”.

This is one of the most critical elements of a survival plan and if you don’t get this right, you and your family are in severe danger

9. You look for an escape but there’s no way out.

Without a proper bug-out bag, most people will be scrambling around trying to collect all their belongings to evacuate the area.

This takes up critical time you need to get ahead of the masses.

Amidst the chaos, roadways will be jammed with fleeing citizens and stalled cars that have broken down or run out of gas.

Highways will look more like giant parking lots.

You’re stuck where you are.

10. Traveling outside your home becomes too dangerous.

As a sense of frustration, fear, and hopelessness sets in among your fellow townsfolk, even good people can turn bad.

Desperate people do desperate things to survive – like attacking others for food after asking… then begging… yields nothing for their families.

All travel, even over short distances, will be too risky if you don’t have your go-bag ready and can get out the door before the highways turn into parking lots.

At that point – faced with hordes of desperate citizens in chaos – the odds greatly increase that you could be killed if you venture out.
Preparing To Survive A Collapse

In a collapse, if you haven’t made preparations, if you haven’t stockpiled supplies, if you don’t have a PLAN… you won’t have a prayer of surviving!

Plain and simple.

The sickness, the lack of emergency response personnel, the terrible sanitation, the deprivation from lack of food… these are all realities of trying to survive a collapse scenario with no preparations.

The top ten realities of such an emergency might seem too horrible for most people to face.

But even for those of you who are already preparing, if your only plan lies in your stockpile at home, you can now see all of the threats that you may face that could uproot you and your family in a split second.

This is why all the smart preppers know to start with your bug-out bag – because they realize what others don’t… that you must have the ability to go mobile if a crisis forces you to leave your food, water, and belongings behind.

Put yours together now and put your action plan into place now.

It will be too late to get your evacuation kit together AFTER a crisis is already under way.

http://www.allselfsustained.com/the-worst-10-things-non-preppers-will-be-forced-to-deal-with-when-tshtf-5-may-be-fatal/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2016, 10:14:01 pm »

SHTF – Moving Out of Major Cities Before a Catastrophic Disaster Strikes

Just saying, I finally am moving out of the city. I bought a place that is way outside of any city at all. Smack dab in the middle of Nowhere Ohio.

Why Consider Moving? The Next Disaster Might Be NUCLEAR
… And All Hell is Likely to Break Loose Soon After.

It's easy to name several major disasters that have struck and the cost to human life over the years. How many lives could have been saved with just a few warnings in advance that people should have started moving out of the area or, at the least, moved out of the immediate danger zone of mass casualties?

Consider Hurricane Katrina, and the New Orleans levees that flooded over. That should have been an easy disaster to see coming. How many people lost their homes in that disaster, and ended up homeless?
Moving to Avoid a Disaster

Look at Seattle, Washington for example… There's a lot more well to do people living in Seattle than New Orleans. A major earthquake is said by scientists to be long over-do. What will happen when that major earthquake finally hits? Residents of New Orleans may have missed the opportunity to move before Hurricane Katrina struck in 2005…

But residents of Seattle know that this earthquake is a probable disaster at some point in the near future. Maybe it would be smart to seriously consider moving out of the area, before Seattle finds itself buried under rubble, from a 9.0 or stronger mega earthquake.
Moving to Avoid a Terrorist Attack

Then of course there's the terrorist threat. Mega Target Cities like New York City, Washington D.C., Chicago and Los Angeles are high or at the top of likely terrorist first strikes with weapons of mass destruction. That could be anything from a nuclear weapon, to a highly lethal virus, or even just a serious of "dirty bombs" (smaller bombs that disperse nuclear radiation within a small geographical area).

Moving to Avoid Riots and Looting

Most major cities around the U.S. are at risk for violent rioting and widespread looting in the wake of a major catastrophic disaster striking within the U.S. What I'm referring to is a disaster that strikes that is bigger than any previous disaster in U.S. history, and causes mass-fear and panic to strike citizens from all walks of life.

People who live in the inner cities typically don't have the money to stockpile food, water and supplies — not in the same way and with the same level of assurance as people living in more distant areas can. At the same time, people in the inner cities are at serious risk from neighborhood gangs and criminal elements simply taking anything they have to eat or drink by force, making it less likely that people in the inner cities are getting ready today and preparing in advance to survive a major disaster.

That means that better off residents living in nearby suburbs are at high risk of inner city rioting and looting taking place, where they are simply stripped of everything they own, beaten, women raped, and some people murdered for getting in the way.

Millions of Americans who today live within a few miles of major cities or further should be giving serious consideration to moving 20, or 30, or even 100 miles away, at the very least to minimize the danger of rioting and looting taking place.

Where Are You Moving To? Several Factors to Consider Before Moving

Moving Away from Prevailing winds – If a nuclear weapon strikes the nearest major city in your region, what direction will the wind most likely carry fallout (radiation)?
    Don't Move Near Critical Infrastructure – You may live out in the countryside already but are you in a region that is a mass-producer of oil, natural gas, or electricity, or major agriculture, or mineral mining? That could be an area seized for it's perceived wealth by an invading army. It may not be wise to move near "critical infrastructure".
    Don't Move to Any Towns with Airports – Any region with an airport, even a small airport, might not be a wise area to settle in for the purpose of surviving a catastrophic disaster. Most likely an invading army would be a risk within a few months time, considering how many nations currently have their eyes on United States wealth and resources. Airports would be marked on a map, and even a number of small towns with airports could be some of the first places seized in an invasion, as airports offer invading armies ways to move troops and equipment into multiple areas.
    Climate Can Effect Moving – How is the climate overall and is there any noticeable agriculture within the region you want to move to? Cold extremes may be better dealt with than heat extremes, meaning that it may be a lot more comfortable and plausible to survive in a cold climate long term, than a really hot climate. In a time following catastrophic disaster electricity may have been knocked out to an area permanently, which means no air condition to help keep cool during long, hot summers.
    Moving To a Colder Climate Like Canada or Alaska –On the other hand, in a cold climate there are several ways to keep warm year round, even at 40 degrees below zero. Often just wearing multiple layers can do the trick. An insulated home or other kind of shelter can also go a long way.
    Moving To a Tropical or Sub-Tropical Climate – While a hot, dry climate might not be the best idea long term (water could become an issue as well), on the other hand a warm or even hot but wet climate can make for suitable living. These are your more sub-tropical and tropical zones and usually the ocean is not far off where a person can exist off edible sea life and vegetation.
    Moving To The Mountains – Living in the mountains means a life where you live a lot like the migrating wildlife you would be having to live off. As the snow level drops in the winter, you would move to lower elevations, just below the snow line. Large game is known for migrating to different elevations with the seasons, and large game hunting is a great way to survive long term (for those with experience hunting or those who simply live with people who can hunt).
    Moving To The Coastline – Native Americans and various tribes around the world have made a great way of life living off the coastline and everything that the ocean can provide for food. All types of edible sea life exist along remote coastlines around the world. Rivers and streams that descend to the oceans from inland carry fresh water, and some may carry an excellent food source — salmon (check what region of continent you are in for local fresh water fish that can be found in lowland rivers that connect with the ocean).

Do It Yourself Moving or Do You Hire A Moving Company?

That just depends. Most people with a home will be better off hiring a moving company, considering how much they are moving, as opposed to someone who lives in a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment. Those people can often turn to do it yourself moving, and get it done with just a friend or two helping out.

Whatever your plans for moving are, those plans should be in advance of a disaster taking place, and not afterward. If you wait for a disaster to strike before moving, you run the risk that there may be no moving companies in operation in your region (remember, this is a catastrophic disaster we are talking about), nor may there be anything left of the freeway system. Now you're basically stuck with the small amount of items you can carry.

So, if moving away to somewhere much safer is part of your long term strategy for surviving a disaster, you might want to call that moving company sooner than later.

http://www.mydailyinformer.com/shtf-moving-out-of-major-cities-before-a-catastrophic-disaster-strikes/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2016, 09:25:40 pm »

Something Big Is Being Planned By The Government And The MSM Has Just Targeted All Patriots, Survivalists, Second Amendment Supporters And Religious Groups

The final phase of the Obama administration's ongoing attack against patriots across America has begun, with the full complicity of the Hell Stream Media aka Main Stream Media, where after lining all their ducks in a row, they prepare the unawakened masses for the final roundup  of Patriots, with a massive propaganda push.

If you believe the NWO is pushing for a one world government, or that one by one our constitutional liberties are being eroded, such as gun rights or freedom of speech, or that stocking up on food, water and basic necessities in the event of a catastrophic event is prudent, or that the federal government should adhere to the constitution, or any number of beliefs that oppose the "official" narrative or government policies.... then you are now considered an "extremist."

We have all seen the insidious labeling and targeting of patriots, preppers, survivalists, religious groups, veterans and others over the last few years, but to connect a recent Washington Post hit piece against Patriots http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/national/2016/05/21/armed-with-guns-and-constitutions-the-patriot-movement-sees-america-under-threat/ to the systematic psychological programming of the masses we have witnessed during Obama's term, we have to go back to 2013 for a quick flashback.

Many may remember that in April 2013 it was reported that during  a "briefing with an Army Reserve unit based in Pennsylvania, a U.S. Army training instructor listed Evangelical Christianity, Catholicism and even “Islamophobia” as examples of “religious extremism," list along side of groups such as the Ku Klux Klan, Hamas and al-Qaeda.

What many do not know is that following those reports, when the Army claimed that the slide used during that briefing did not reflect their policy or doctrine, other reports explained exactly where that slide was obtained.

“None of these slides were produced by the Army, but by soldiers who included information found during an Internet search,” Patterson told me.
“The Army does not maintain or publish a list of organizations considered extremist; and after a similar incident earlier this year, commanders and other leaders were cautioned that they should not use lists of ‘extremists,’ ‘hate groups,’ ‘radical factions’ or the like compiled by any outside non-governmental groups or organizations for briefings, command presentations, or as a shortcut to determining if a group or activity is considered to be extremist.”

But the Army does provide a list of organizations that do list groups like the AFA and FRC as domestic hate groups – specifically the Southern Poverty Law Center. And the SPLC is featured in the military’s Equal Opportunity Advisor Student Guide.

The Chaplain Alliance uncovered that information through a Freedom of Information Act request. Crews wants the Army to stop using any materials from the SPLC.

“The SPLC has labeled many mainstream religious organizations as hate groups,” Crews said. “Reliance on lists produced by anti-Christian political organizations violates the apolitical stance necessary in the military.”

Emphasis mine and please keep the bolded points above in mind as we take a look at the latest WAPO hit piece against Patriots.

THE TARGET LIST

WAPO titles their piece "PRIMED TO FIGHT THE GOVERNMENT," and then proceeds to demonize the Patriot movement in the eyes of the masses, those that only get their news from the MSM, preparing them for the final battle on the horizen, for when the government decides to drop the hammer on anyone they consider "anti-government."

You can read the entire piece at the link above, but I am going to highlight a few specific portions of this hit piece, which should send chills down the spines of anyone that disagrees with any government policy.

Those in the movement call themselves patriots, demanding that the federal government adhere to the Constitution and stop what they see as systematic abuse of land rights, gun rights, freedom of speech and other liberties.

Law enforcement officials call them dangerous, delusional and sometimes violent, and say that their numbers are growing amid a wave of anger at the government that has been gaining strength since 2008, a surge that coincided with the election of the first black U.S. president and a crippling economic recession.

Soper started his group, which consists of about 30 men, women and children from a handful of families, two years ago as a “defensive unit” against “all enemies foreign and domestic.” Mainly, he’s talking about the federal government, which he thinks is capable of unprovoked aggression against its own people.

The group’s members are drywallers and flooring contractors, nurses and painters and high school students, who stockpile supplies, practice survival skills and “basic infantry” tactics, learn how to treat combat injuries, study the Constitution and train with their concealed handguns and combat-style rifles.

Again emphasis mine as we note the phychological message being sent, where the "law" considers patriots "dangerous, delusional and sometimes violent and the "targets" that the masses may soon see rounded up or killed will be everyday people like drywallers, nurses, high school students, preppers who stockpile supplies, etc....

Anyone now reminded of the "targets" that law enforcement were using back in 2013? http://www.prisonplanet.com/dhs-contractor-apologizes-for-selling-shooting-targets-of-children.html

WAPO HIGHLIGHTS VERY SAME GROUP THAT NAMES RELIGIOUS GROUPS, PATRIOTS AS EXTREMISTS

Now that they have spotlighted the "targets" to the unaware masses that still get all their news from the MSM, Wapo highlights and links to the Southern Poverty Law Center, the very same group that created the slide the Army supposedly disavowed which names religious groups as more of a threat than al-Qaeda and the Ku Klux Klan.

LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS and the watchdog groups that track the self-styled “patriot” groups call them anti-government extremists, militias, armed militants or even domestic terrorists. Some opponents of the largely white and rural groups have made fun by calling them “Y’all Qaeda” or “Vanilla ISIS.”

Mark Potok of the Southern Poverty Law Center, which monitors extremism, said there were about 150 such groups in 2008 and about 1,000 now.

Note carefully how they deliberately combine the terms "law enforcement officials" and "watchdog groups," while linking to the SPLC webpage of "Active anti-government groups" in the United States, listing 998 groups, describing them in the following manner:

Of these groups, 276 were militias marked with an asterisk, and the remainder include "common-law" courts, publishers, ministries, and citizens' groups. Generally, such groups define themselves as opposed to the "New World Order," engage in groundless conspiracy theorizing, or advocate or adhere to extreme antigovernment doctrines.

Oathkeepers, Tea Party groups, Three Percenters, Constitutional groups, Patriot Networks, Freedom groups, Christian groups, anti-UN Agenda 21 groups, Mark Dice's official website, Survivalist groups.... just to name a very small sample of what Washington Post just pushed to the general public as "extremists."

SOMETHING BIG IS BEING PLANNED

The timing of the Wapo piece is disturbing as we see that the "US Department of Defense revealed it had placed a $93 million order for 177,000 ballistic body armor plates from the US military’s traditional supplier of protective equipment, Ceradyne which several years ago was purchased by 3M. Both production and delivery are expected to be concluded over the next several months."(Via Zero-Hedge)

SHTF Plan highlighted that report and added the following editors note:

Editor’s Comment: Why indeed is such a large purchase taking place? Is the U.S. military gearing up for war in Syria, or perhaps the big one with Russia? Are the powers-that-be preparing to take on angry rioters and civil unrest here at home?

This isn’t just training, and it isn’t scenario. Something big is being planned.

BOTTOM LINE

Whether we are looking at an economic collapse, preparation for gun confiscation, war or any number of possible scenarios, the MSM has just made it clear to the still-sleeping masses that the "enemies" they may see rounded up and/or killed on their nightly news, will be patriots, survivalists, religious groups, second-amendment supporters, etc.... because they are officially considered "extremists."

http://allnewspipeline.com/Final_Battle_Begins.php
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2016, 05:46:28 pm »

Prepping & The Bible- Doing Nothing May Cost Your Life! - Emergency & Escape Preparedness

There is a growing awareness among many of us of the need to prepare for emergencies, and even to give thought to long term survival preparedness. The storing of food, water and essential supplies is something that many of the readers of this article will no doubt have undertaken to some degree or other. This is a very good thing. While the general population goes about giving little to no thought to surviving for more than five minutes away from their gadgets and entertainments, there is a community of other thoughtful people who have done what they can to be ready to weather a coming storm. Whether that storm is a literal “weather” storm, or if it will come in the form of a natural disaster or something concocted by humans these people want to be ready to survive it.

The chances of being caught by surprise when a natural disaster hits, or finding oneself in the center of a man-made crisis situation from which a person may need to escape or just survive are relatively high. The possibility of something like that occurring has always been there, but as time goes on and in the global situation as it now stands, the likelihood is increasing.

Look at the situation in Venezuella with the food riots etc. This is what happens when people get desperate.

We are likely to soon see an economic collapse in the near future, and increasing major upheavals upon the earth that will affect everyone in the world. The economic disaster that likely lays ahead, and the chaos that will go along with it may well be the catalyst that the elite use to bring their much vaunted and long awaited New World Order. The goal of the globalists is to create utter and absolute chaos, so that then they can usher in the One World Government. It's an orchestrated and carefully managed agenda. Watch the gold and silver market and also the Chinese Yuan closely. America is 20 trillion dollars in debt. The rest of the world is also in massive debt. The whole current financial system is likely to come crashing down soon.

The team at A Minute To Midnite believes it is important that if it is at all within a person's means to do so, to acquire some physical silver while it is still available. Time to do so is running short. But we must stress the necessity of storing food and water and other provisions NOW while this is still possible FIRST.

"And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven." Luke 21:11

We also see what appears likely to be a reference to volcanic activity in Joel chapter 2, and it is reiterated in Acts 2:19

"And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke." Joel 2:30

In recent weeks we have seen a significant increase in the number of large earthquakes, Though at the same time strangely, some places are quieter than normal. This leads some experts to believe that in these places a really "big one" may be brewing. Also, the number of volcanoes that are erupting around the world is quite significant at this point. Recently around the globe we saw volcanic activity in 40 volcanoes in one week.

It's great to be prepared to survive in your home and community when disaster strikes. But what if it strikes suddenly and for some reason you find yourself needing to escape form your surroundings? If your area is facing a tsunami from which you must flee quickly for example. Or hypothetically, what would happen if you were miles away from your home and the power grid went down and was not likely to come back on in a hurry? Or maybe just the financial system; what if that went down and you couldn't use credit cards, or bank machines and public transportation stopped, and you were relying on it? There are many possible situations and circumstances that could lead to such an emergency. A sudden declaration of martial law is not totally out of the realm of possibility. You may need to walk for a day or two. How prepared are you to survive in a situation like that? What may you find very useful in that situation? Answer- a Bug Out Bag!

The “Bug Out” bag or “Grab” bag is an essential item to have if you are seriously considering emergency or disaster preparedness. So what is a bug out bag and why should you consider having one or more?

There is a small mountain of information out there on “Bug Out” bags however YOU the reader are going to have to decide what you are going need for your particular situation. It will be useful to take in to consideration budget (what you can afford), availability of items, your climate, how far you work and travel from home and your local laws.

You may be able to put a bug out bag together from things you have around your home at little or no cost or you may be able to do something a little more elaborate depending on your circumstances. My suggestion is that you keep it reasonably simple as it is a means for keeping you alive and able to survive for a few days. If you go any bigger you will either need to do some serious time at the gym or consider pulling a small trailer behind you.

If you want to learn about what to put in your Bug Out Bag, then I suggest that you may wish to read this article we at A Minute To Midnite have recently published:

You can also find more information on making your Bug Out Bag in the video that is embedded near the bottom of this article.

The following is an extract from another recent article posted on our website:

I have had many discussions with Christians who think it is weird to prep because only weird people prep, or because God will provide all their needs supernaturally if required and so on. I think that it is worth remembering that it was only a short time ago that many people prepped because you did not have fridges and McDonalds and supermarkets and it is just what people did to survive. However when I ask Christians who don’t prep if they have insurance, or lock their car or house doors, they look at me like I am crazy. I then say well why bother, won’t God provide for you if someone steals your stuff or there is a big disaster and you lose it all? I am then told “now that’s just silly”.

Most of these folk don’t even have a basic disaster emergency kit, they are not poor or destitute and could afford to put away a can of spaghetti or beans or rice or water on a regular basis. But they don’t because it will never happen to them! Really? I now have a picture of an ostrich with its head firmly planted in sand for some reason. Like many people these days they just don’t want to know ‘cos it’s really scary to think otherwise. There are Christian folk who believe that God has not prompted them to prep even after asking him if they should, and I accept this because they have sought God on the matter. I would still be inclined to have a small emergency kit for natural disasters though as this is a common sense thing.

So what if I told you the Bible talks quite a bit about preparedness and has examples of where God has asked people to prepare, (yup! really).

For the Christian “preparedness” or “being prepared” is about so much more than “Beans, Band-Aids and Bullets”. In fact I am not sure that I will be able to cover all aspects of what the Bible says about preparedness, (there is so much of it). However much of what I see as God’s preparedness for us would fall into what we would call “spiritual preparedness”. There are other areas such “mental preparedness”, “physical preparedness” (the body) and “resource preparedness” (food etc). There are probably some other areas that I have missed but these would be the broad categories raised in the Bible.

There is much more to be found in the article titled Preparedness! What does the bible say about being prepared? You can find that article here: https://aminutetomidnite.com/survival-and-prepping/preparedness-what-does-the-bible-say-about-being-prepared/

I think you should be getting some sort of picture by now why we believe it is important to make preparations NOW rather than later, and while you still can! We will also be on publishing articles on having a disaster preparedness plan, and another one describing a large comprehensive Survival Bag in the next little while at www.aminutetomidnite.com, and will also produce an AMTM Show Episode to match it. You may wish to subscribe to our YouTube channel if you don't want to miss that. 

Video description:

Episode 051 Of A Minute To Midnite has Matt and Tony together discussing a range of issues. Starting with the Orlando massacre, the economy and the rise of gold & silver they then move onto some of the events that could transpire leading to a disaster situation and the need to be prepared. Matt outlines the contents of a simple "bug out" bag that could see a person survive for up to 3 days in an emergency situation. The discussion leads on to the question: What does the Bible say about prepping? The conclusion reached is that it actually has a lot to say on this subject! This would be an excellent show to hear if you have any doubts about whether or not prepping is scriptural, and/or if you want to know where to start with a disaster preparation preparation kit if for some reason you can't be at home. This may be either a) because you have to leave quickly or b) you find yourself away from home when a disaster ( or perhaps martial law)strikes.

http://allnewspipeline.com/Prepping_And_The_Bible.php
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2016, 11:38:36 am »

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=915162258502
Arm Your Mind-Warring Against Satanic Attacks on the Mind
Series:  The Armor of God  · 12 of 12
9/14/2016 (WED)  |  Bible: 1 Peter 4:1
Audio: http://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=915162258502
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2017, 05:53:28 pm »

In Four Hours, Houston Supermarkets were totally SOLD OUT; Those who didn't get food - CAN'T - - -

He who hesitates is lost.

~proverb

Change, especially a collapse scenario, often happens quite fast. So fast that there’s little to no time to react in the short frenzy between “before” and “after”.

This is true throughout nature. Glaciers that took millennia to form calve off into the sea in a matter of moments. Old-growth forests filled with thousand-year-old trees can be decimated by a single wildfire. The bubonic plague “Black Death” pandemic of the Middle Ages killed one-third of the Earth’s human population within just four short years.

Fast change is also a hallmark of human society. Movements and ideas — oftentimes simmering for years, decades or longer — suddenly reach a critical state in which the populace is swept up into history-making action. The outbreak of World War I. The Civil Rights movement. The dissolution of the USSR. The Digital Age.

When it comes, change happens swiftly. And life after — for better or worse — is forever different.

I’ve witnessed this time and time again since co-founding PeakProsperity.com. And in pretty much every instance, I notice that the vast majority of people — including even many of the the watchful and preparation-minded folks who read this site — are caught by surprise.

Fukushima

A good example of this was the disaster at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant in March of 2011. Of course, no one could have foretold the timing and scale of the tsunami, and virtually nobody expected that it could overwhelm the facility as spectacularly as it did. So in the immediate aftermath of the plant’s failure, the world looked on in sympathy, not fear.

But on March 12th, that changed as the first of several hydrogen explosions was observed among the reactors. And then my phone rang.

It was Chris, my co-founder here at PeakProsperity.com. “I don’t know exactly what that was, but it wasn’t good”, he said. Based on his background in the sciences, his strong assessment was that the situation at the plant was much more serious than was being publicly admitted to.

Since I live on the west coast here in the US, he advised me to consider getting a radiation detection/contamination protection kit — “just in case”. While we both hoped it wouldn’t come to that, I quickly heeded the advice. I placed an order for a kit as well as a shipment of iodine tablets.

I was very lucky to have done so. Because just a few short hours later, as the world woke up to the worsening situation at Fukushima, anything related to radioactive contamination was sold out across the US. For months. The supply chain for that stuff was miniscule compared to the demand of a panicked nation.

If you were late to game — and pretty much EVERYBODY but the extreme early-birds like me was — you were out of luck. And vulnerable.

Now, thankfully, as horrible as the on-going crisis there still is (it’s six years later and the radioactive fuel that melted through containment still remains in a molten state), the worst-case scenario didn’t materialize.

But I still keep my contamination kit handy. More than anything else as a reminder of how fast things can change. And of the outsized value of early action.

Oroville Dam

More recently, we saw a similarly swift devolution of events at California’s Oroville Dam this year. The west coast had suffered an especially wet winter, and an arrival of a Pineapple Express weather system in February didn’t help the situation.

California residents were focused on flooding and mudslides in the usual places — no one had any inkling that there was risk of larger infrastructure failures, let alone one at the tallest dam in the US. And, as the water levels rose at the Oroville Dam, the communication from state authorities was “All is fine. All is under control. There’s nothing to worry about” — until suddenly a mass evacuation of over 200,000 residents living downstream was ordered.

Not surprisingly, the subsequent panicked scramble resulted in tremendous traffic jams, slowing down the evacuation to a snail’s pace. Residents had no time to prepare, buy supplies (if there were enough in their area to purchase), or line up a safe destination they could head for. They just had to grab what they could and flee as best they were able.

Again, everything appeared fine right up until the tipping point. Those with the foresight beforehand to pack a to-go bag, arrange a bug-out crash pad — or better yet — leave for a safer location until the waters stopped rising, fared much better than the herd who waited.

2008 Financial Crisis

On a more economic note, I’ve pointed out in a number of past articles how quickly things went south during the 2008 financial crisis. Even pundits like Chris and I, who warned for years it was very likely coming, were still shocked by how viciously it struck.

Most folks have preferred to forget how quickly the bubble popped. Between September and October, the S&P 500 lost one-third of its value. Poof!

Of course, the S&P then continued falling through March, ending at over 50% lower than its pre-crisis high. Millions of jobs were lost over these months. And the prices of other major assets from houses to bonds were savaged, too.

It all happened so quickly that most investors and homeowners were simply overwhelmed by the shock. Unsure what to do, they simply watched the price of their assets continue to fall — praying for the carnage to end.

Timing Isn’t Everything. Positioning Is.

They say that Timing is everything. I disagree.

Trying to time disruptive events is a fool’s errand. In the years I’ve been involved in running this business, I’ve seen too many people make big bets (portfolio allocation, geographic relocation, job change, etc) because they were rock-solidly convinced a major change event was ‘imminent’. Most of those folks eventually regretted the costs of their haste as the status quo continued to muddle on much longer than they’d expected.

Anyone who predicts with exactitude about the when of future events is deluding either you or themselves. More likely, both.

BUT, we can predict the what (i.e., what will happen) with much greater precision. And that’s where advantage can be gained.

For instance, many of those paying attention in the years leading up to 2008 had arrived at the conclusion that bad policies and overly-loose lending standards had resulted in mal-investment on such a grand scale that a massive clearing event was inevitable. Did they know the date of the tipping point? No. But they knew the probability for a major financial crisis increased with each year.

Those who positioned themselves — prudently — in advance avoided the losses that everyone else took. As The Big Short detailed, some were even able to profit wildly from their foresight (though admittedly, this was just a rarified few).

The adjective “prudently” is important here, because here at PeakProsperity.com we emphasize risk management, not speculation. Our goal is to maximize our odds for prospering no matter which future outcome arrives. Yes, the intent is to enjoy the best (risk-adjusted) return in building our wealth as possible. But it’s important to understand that sometimes ‘prospering’ simply means losing less than we would have otherwise, should events go against our expectations.

So for those looking to protect and growth their wealth, our advice is to focus on the positioning for highly-predictable events rather than their timing.

This is the same logic underlying an insurance policy. Illness/injury, car accidents, house fires — the timing of these, if they happen at all, is unknowable. But should they happen, insurance only has value to you if you procured it in advance.

The exact same is true across the spectrum of the Eight Forms Of Capital (for those unfamiliar with this framework, it’s the guidance we offer for building “true wealth” in life). Don’t wait to invest in your health until you’ve developed a chronic condition. Don’t put off building community before a crisis (injury, job loss, etc) forces you to ask for help from others. Don’t forget about creating an emergency kit until some disaster (hurricane, earthquake, flood, etc) hits.

For those who put off taking advance action, it may be simply “too late” in a number of scenarios should the status quo quickly change.

Don’t be an ‘avoidable victim’. For the events you calculate are likely to happen, assess your current level of preparedness and take steps now to shore up any deficiencies. As you do this, ask yourself: What would I absolutely regret not having in place should this happen tomorrow? Make that list your top priority.

To help you in this, we have a self-assessment form, which you can download for free here. We use it at our annual seminar each year, so it’s pretty well-honed at this point.

After taking it, some folks prefer to go a step further and schedule a consultation with Chris to discuss their personal situation and get his experienced perspective on their plans as they take shape. If interested, you can learn more about how to do that here.

But the main focus here is to prioritize the key steps to take in advance of any potential life-altering events that concern you.

For example, anyone who reads PeakProsperity.com should know that Chris and I think a major market correction is long overdue. We anticipate price drops of a similar magnitude as seen during the 2008 crisis, and possibly even worse. (For those new to this site, read: The Mother Of All Financial Bubbles)

If you share our conclusion, are you positioned prudently should the market correction arrive tomorrow?

Remember that in 2008, most people didn’t expect the market to fall. Folks believed: It’s different this time. Yet when the market started tanking in September, it happened so quickly that investors had already lost a third of their portfolio’s value by the time their October statements arrived in the mail. At that point, most were psychologically unprepared, and simply held on, praying that the market would go back up. And still prices kept falling for months after.

Don’t let this happen to you. Determine what your minimum acceptable positioning should be and then make sure it’s in place. Even if it’s as simple as just holding more of your investment portfolio in boring old cash. (Feel free to read our How To Hedge Against A Market Correction guide for additional ideas). I myself just updated readers on how I recently increased my short positions within my portfolio.

Yet it still surprises me how many people I talk with regularly who agree the risk of a market correction is uncomfortably high, but have not yet begun to position themselves accordingly.

For example, a large number of folks have had free consultations with our endorsed financial advisor since the start of 2017, each very concerned to protect their financial wealth should a market correction happen. Many indeed plan to open accounts, but haven’t yet — remaining invested in their existing long positions for the time being. Why? Because they’ve been making money over the past several years, and can’t yet wean themselves off of the central bank gravy train even though their brains tell them it will inevitably come to an abrupt and painful end.

If you’re one of these folks, please reflect for a moment. No one can predict when the next market downturn will happen. By the time it does, your capital needs to have already been positioned smartly in advance. It will do you a lot less good to try to sell after taking an initial round of losses. And at that point, emotionally, you might find yourself too shell-shocked to take action. There might even be restrictions placed on access to your funds if the situation gets bad enough. So is today’s urge to wait ‘just a little bit longer’ worth the risk?

Only you can determine if and when to transfer any of your capital over. But if you’ve already made the decision in your mind to eventually do so (as many of you have expressed), then a prudent step is to simply fill out the paperwork to open an account now. You can deal with any transfers later. Doing this is a small investment of your energy in the here and now, but will save you valuable time, stress and potential uncertainty should you decide to move your money there urgently in the future. So whether you plan to work with our endorsed adviser or another one you like even better, remove as much ‘friction’ as you can today that could threaten to derail your goals for tomorrow.

The same logic applies to nearly anyone concerned by the Three E’s discussed in The Crash Course:

Homeowners looking to sell before the next housing downturn — With more and more major markets topping out, have you determined a time frame by which you’d like to have your house sold? Have you identified the broker/agent you’d like to use? Have you calculated your desired listing price?
    Account holders at Too Big To Fail banks — If you’re planning on eventually moving your cash to an alternative provider with less exposure to derivative risk or the potential for a “bail-in”, have you identified the specific credit union/savings bank/private vault/etc yet? Have you conducted a test transfer yet?
    Those considering buying cryptocurrency for the first time — Have you learned how to purchase them yet? Which coin(s) do you want to buy? Are you going to use an exchange? Which one? How do you plan to store your coins? Have you lined up that solution yet?
    Those switching to a de-growth lifestyle — Where do you want to live? What will your homestead needs be? Will you keep your current job or need to re-skill? Will your new lifestyle depend more on others? If these answers require any life changes, have you made any of them yet?
    And on and on…

In all of these cases, the benefits of taking action on the essential steps today, in advance of a future date by which you may desperately want those steps to have been taken, are clear.

Most folks just need a little nudge or inspiration to get started. Consider this your call to action. For those who haven’t thoroughly utilized them yet, our free What Should I Do? Guide, as well as our book Prosper!: How to Prepare for the Future and Create a World Worth Inheriting are chock full of our best guidance and recommendations.

As Chris has often said about preparing for events that have large downside risks: It’s much better to be a year early than a day late.

Very wise words.

What would you regret most being a day late on? Whatever your answer, focus your attention there — today.
~ Adam Taggart

http://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/news/u-s-national-news/1122-in-four-hours-houston-supermarkets-were-totally-sold-out-those-who-didn-t-get-food-can-t-will-this-be-you-when-the-economic-collapse-or-civil-war-happens
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2017, 06:01:10 pm »

Hal Turner is still around? Cheesy

Anyhow, yeah, will admit sometimes I myself will drift off into fantasy land.

Sober minded, plain and simple - life is NOT a Disney movie, period! Always be ready!
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2017, 08:45:59 pm »

Hurricane Irma Projected To Reach Category 5 And Hit The East Coast – Panic Prepping Begins In Florida

shelves are already begging to empty

On Monday, Hurricane Irma strengthened into a category 4 hurricane, and some meteorologists are projecting that it will eventually become a category 5 storm before it eventually makes landfall in the United States.  And since a “category 6” has not been created yet, category 5 is as high as the scale goes at the moment.  Over the past couple of days, the track of the storm has shifted “a lot further to the west”, and at this point it appears that Miami is the most likely to take the full force of the hurricane.  But as we have seen, trying to forecast the behavior of hurricanes is not an exact science.  Irma may never become a category 5 storm, and it may never hit the U.S. at all.  Or it may zip past Florida to the south and end up making landfall in the Gulf of Mexico.  The truth is that we just don’t know.

But for the moment things are not looking good for Florida, and a state of emergency has already been declared for every single county in the state…

On Monday afternoon, Florida Gov. Rick Scott declared a state of emergency for every county in Florida in anticipation of Irma. A state of emergency was also declared in Puerto Rico earlier in the day.

Another scenario still on the table is that Irma curve northward and miss the East Coast entirely. This would still generate large surf and rip currents along the East Coast. However, this scenario is the least likely to occur at this point.

And as I mentioned above, many are projecting that Irma will become a category 5 storm just a few days from now.  The following comes from the Express…

Many projections show the category storm strengtheing to a category 5 hurricane, capable of ripping roofs from houses and causing huge waves and storm surges.

Predictions from both the National Environmental Satellite data and Information Service (NESDIS) and international weather forecaster Ventusky suggest though Irma is currently a Category 3 storm by Thursday she is expected to strengthen to a Category 5.

A category 5 storm has winds of more than 157mph – enough to destroy whole buildings and cause devastating flooding.

But just because the experts are telling us that certain scenarios are likely to happen does not mean that they will actually take place.

In the end, it is entirely possible that Florida may not see a single drop of rain.  Hurricane Harvey certainly behaved in ways that nobody was expecting, and I have a feeling that the same will be true for Irma.

As Irma inches closer to Florida, “prepping fever” has hit the public.  Grocery stores and home improvement chains are already being flooded with traffic, and this is only going to get worse the closer that Irma gets.  The following comes from one local news report…

As Hurricane Irma continues to make its way towards a possible strike on the Southeastern U.S., stores in South Florida are beginning to see a rush for supplies.

Several Publix supermarkets were full before noon Monday as residents grabbed water, non-perishable food and other items.

Another local news report noted that essential supplies were already running low at a Home Depot in south Florida…

With Hurricane Irma churning west, many South Florida residents are taking precaution and stocking up on supplies on Labor Day.

A Home Depot in Royal Palm Beach on Monday morning posted a sign that said they were short of some hurricane supplies, including wing nuts, 5-gallon containers for gasoline and 5-gallon jugs of water.

Those that wait until the last minute are going to find that there is nothing left for them.  One resident of Palm Beach Gardens told reporters that the local Wal-Mart in her area is already completely out of water…

“There was nothing at Walmart,” said Bianca Rodriguez of Palm Beach Gardens. “Not even like one thing of water.”

Of course those that have been preparing all along don’t have to run out to the store in a panic.

If Irma hits the United States as a category 4 or category 5 storm, it is going to make history.

Meteorologists are telling us that the United States has not been hit by two hurricanes of at least category 4 strength in the same year in more than a century.

And prior to Hurricane Harvey, a hurricane had not made landfall in this country in about 12 years.

There is still a possibility that Irma could miss us completely, but as CNN’s Tom Sater has noted, “that window is shutting quickly”…

Computer models show the system moving through the Caribbean, and by the end of week, it will turn right toward the north, said CNN meteorologist and weather anchor Tom Sater.

“There is a small window. If it turns sooner rather than later, we could maybe see the system slide by the East Coast into the ocean, but that window is shutting quickly,” Sater said. “It definitely looks like we will be impacted by a major hurricane that is a Category 3, 4 or 5.”

If Irma is indeed a category 5 storm when it hits the U.S., it would completely rip coastal communities to shreds.

There haven’t been too many category 5 hurricanes to make landfall in modern American history, and a direct strike on Miami would be catastrophic.  But if Irma bypasses Florida and ends up hitting New Orleans or Houston, we could be talking about a disaster that is absolutely unprecedented in our history.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/hurricane-irma-projected-to-reach-category-5-and-hit-the-east-coast-panic-prepping-begins-in-florida
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2018, 04:26:20 am »

Why Cities Will Unavoidably Become Lawless Within a Week or Two During a SHTF Event

We came across an interesting article on a survivalist blog about the life after an SHTF event. The writer said he believed that too many people are being too negative in terms of their projections about what will happen after TEOTWAWKI. (You can read more in-depth articles here After The Collapse Series )

This writer spoke about his belief in the basic goodness of the American people and offered up various high-minded platitudes to this effect.  As well as platitudes, he also described in some detail a scenario that he believed would apply.

Basically, it was the ‘neighborhood watch on steroids’ concept, where the residents in a neighborhood all banded together to defend themselves against roving gangs of looters and rioters.

A mean-minded person would point out that his reference to roving gangs of goblins already acknowledged that cities would become lawless to a greater or lesser extent.  But let’s not score points through rhetoric, and let’s concentrate instead on the viability of smaller neighborhood communities managing to keep law and order within their own cul-de-sac or apartment complex or gated community or whatever.

He added the comment ‘around where I live, there are more rifles than people’; that may or may not be true about where you live, but it doesn’t really matter and obscures an appreciation of the issues that do matter.

Let’s simply agree with this optimistic view of the future – that you and your neighbors have lots of weapons, are decent honest people, and you all effectively band together harmoniously and create your own micro-community and safe zone, keeping the goblins away.

Bravo.

But….

What happens next?

By this, we simply mean, what happens when food starts to run low in your little micro-community? We see three breakdown events occurring in the days after the creation of your neighborhood cooperative.

First Breakdown

The first level of breakdown will be when your tiny self-defense cooperative is first formed.  What’s the betting that part of the deal will be the organizers saying ‘We need to join together and pool our resources for our shared common good’.  Now that all sounds fine and dandy when they’re saying ‘We all need to take turns watching out for raiders and repelling them’ but the chances they are also saying ‘And let’s pool all our food and other survival resources’.

So right from day one, you’ll be under pressure from your fellow law-abiding neighbors to share away everything you have to help them.  In return for this, they are offering additional security – ostensibly from others outside your neighborhood, but the unwritten unstated ugliness is you’re also getting security from them, too.

However, let’s say this is not a problem.  Maybe you are all equally prepared, so redistribution of all your supplies has little effect.

Second Breakdown

But now for stage two.  Some people in your community have strangely used up their share of the pooled community supplies much faster than others.  Are they secretly hoarding food?  Eating twice as much as anyone else?  Or just being wasteful?  Whatever the cause, your community and you now have your second social crisis.  Do you reward these people’s bad behavior and give them more food – especially because, at this point, everyone’s supplies are now diminishing.

With any measure of remaining civilization, this is almost certainly what will happen, because not only will some people be lobbying for more food, half the other people will also be looking ahead to the point where they too will be needing support from anyone who still has surplus food.  So they’ll support the concept of daily redistributions of food based on need, because they see themselves becoming net beneficiaries of the policy, too.  A bit like taxing a few wealthy people to feed the many poor people, right?

Besides which, while you might have had to shoot at and maybe even hit looters attempting to attack your community, they have all been strangers at a distance, and there’s been a life or death, them or us, element to the encounter.  But are you to let one of your neighbors starve in front of you?  And will they just passively starve while you continue to eat, or will they fight you to get your food?

The outcome of this second breakdown is almost certain – you give up still more of your own prepared supplies in exchange for a little bit more peace and safety within your community.

Third Breakdown

Now for stage three, and this is the point where we feel we must surely ‘win’ the argument (we use quotes because we wish we were wrong, but we fear we are right).

You’re now at the point where everyone in your community group has exhausted their food supplies.  What do you do now?

Your choices are starkly simple.  You stay where you are, and slowly starve to death, or alternatively, you do whatever it takes to get additional food for your friends, your families, and yourselves.

This is the point where all community members, of all communities, have no choice but to become ‘lawless looters’ – except that it won’t just be empty stores you’ll be smashing into to steal food from.  The stores will already have been emptied, days or weeks ago.  The only places where you can get food now are places where people still have food and are protecting their food from people like – yes, from people like you.

What do you do when your polite request for a gift of food is rebuffed?  What do you do after you’ve offered to pay them with money, with valuables, with anything at all they care to ask for, and they’ve still refused to sell/exchange even a single food item?

Most people will manage to become morally outraged at this, and so will then see what happens next not as their own transition to a lawless looter, but instead, they’ll see themselves as morally empowered to fairly redistribute the remaining food and to stop selfish people from illegally hoarding more food than they could ever truly need.

These people will not see themselves as killing the current lawful owners of whatever food remains.  They’ll see themselves saving the lives of many others when they secure the food and redistribute it.

Indeed, what passes for the remaining lawful authorities will probably pass urgent laws making it illegal to keep more than a day or two of food in one’s house, requiring ‘hoarders’ to give up their food, and authorizing any necessary level of force to take it from these demon selfish ‘hoarders’.  (Do we need to add that the people passing such laws are very unlikely to be preppers?)

http://www.survivaldan101.com/cities-lawless-shtf-event/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2018, 05:36:51 pm »

How 'preppers' plan to survive off-the-grid in the event the nation's power supply fails

Survival expert Jonathan Hollerman believes that America as we know it could be destroyed from the loss of the nation's electric grid or other societal collapse
    Hollerman says preparedness 'experts' underestimate the threat posed by starving, desperate people
    Without the electric grid, there would be no lights, no heating or air conditioning in your house, no public water, and the sewer would likely back up
    Without modern vehicles or interstate trucking, the supermarkets would quickly run out of food and supplies

The number of people preparing for some form of societal collapse continues to grow and it is often the most unlikeliest of people.

Best-selling author, preparedness expert and former military survival instructor, Jonathan Hollerman has been running a successful preparedness consultancy agency for the past five years.

He now advises clients over the phone for $150/hour about the best way to prepare their own home for disaster, to designing and building entire off-grid survival retreats from scratch. He also performs operational security analysis for existing survival retreats for $1,000 per day.

Jonathan enlisted in the military for six years until 2002, where he trained as a SERE (Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Escape) instructor, one of only 17 graduates out of an 8,000 applicants.

Jonathan says that, despite a negative portrayal in the media, people in the prepping community are normal, everyday people who just want to protect their families in the event of some form of societal collapse.

'Anybody that's a prepper, the media always paint them as an extremist, conspiracy theorist wearing a tin foil hat in a bunker with a beard living off rice and beans,' he says

'I can tell you right now I've had hundreds and hundreds of clients that I've worked with over the last four or five years, and I've never met a crazy person yet. Every single person I've met has been blue collar, white collar, a normal sane individual that you could go to a restaurant, sit down and have a normal conversation with.

Jonathan is seen firing a M82A1 at a shooting range. Jonathan currently offers his services as an Emergency Preparedness Consultant specializing in Survival Retreat design

One of the toughest and most grueling positions to achieve in the military, Jonathan was pushed to his absolute limit in some of the most testing environments known to man.

His own training was then used used to train pilots and navigators about what to do if they were shot down behind enemy lines – from finding food and water to evading capture.

Jonathan set up his company, Grid Down Consulting, in response to the growing concern within western society that a disaster could seriously cripple the infrastructure of even the most advanced of countries.

So what is it that Jonathan is preparing for? Not a nuclear war, not an alien invasion and not a zombie apocalypse but a grid-down scenario - a complete shutdown of the electric grid in a country.

Such an event could occur via an EMP (electro-magnetic pulse) attack, a solar flare, a cyber-attack such as the one undertaken by Russia against the Ukraine in 2014, or a physical attack by terrorists.

The vast majority of western democracies rely on a network of high-voltage transformers to turn the power created by power plants into energy that is usable by the average consumer.

The transformers, which take between 12 and 18 months to build and typically weigh over 400 tonnes, are the most critical part of a country's power network – without them, any country would be brought to a standstill, explains Jonathan.

Hollerman has a fictional book series which paints a realistic world of chaos and despair and an incredible will to survive in the aftermath of a nationwide, long-term, grid down scenario without any power

'See, if these things go down, it's not going to be as simple as just sending someone out there to flick a switch and turn the power back on,' he says.

'If we lose these high voltage transformers, power's going to be down for a long period of time. And every aspect of human life in developed countries today revolves around electricity.

'Everything's automated at this point. Everything you touch, taste, eat, everything you buy at a store, everything you buy on amazon… everything you buy today comes on a truck to get to where it's going, and it comes from a digitized distribution center. All these places run out of supplies because the computer networks shut down. Therefore the whole food infrastructure shuts down, and that's the biggest problem… no way to feed the populace.

'For the first couple of days things would probably be pretty calm, like 'OK the electric's down, when's it coming back on'. But, because they don't have radio, tv, internet, there's no way for the government to get mass information out to people and keep them calm,' Jonathan says.

Hollerman has written a number of books to encourage people to educate themselves

'It's not going to take long for people to start freaking out and start going to the grocery store and cleaning it out. Once those grocery stores are empty and the food distribution centers have been looted, there's no more food coming. You're essentially on your own.

'Very few Americans and Europeans have the life skills needed to live without electricity. How to garden, how to can food, how root cellaring works. Most kids don't even know how to build a fire right? Every aspect of human life revolves around electricity,' Jonathan explains.

In 2015, hackers thought to be from Russia took down Ukraine's electric grid for an 18-hour period, something which Jonathan believes 'was just a warning shot across the bow,' and not intended to actually destroy their grid.

Such an attack is just as likely is this to happen in a country such as the United States or Britain, for example.

Admiral Michael S. Rogers. speaking to Congress in 2014 warned of such an event: 'What I have told my organization is I fully expect that during my time as the commander we are going to be tasked to help defend critical infrastructure within the United States because it is under attack by some foreign nation or some individual or group.

'I say that because we see multiple nation states and then in some cases individuals and groups that have the capability to engage in this behaviour. We have seen individuals, groups inside critical U.S. infrastructure, you know, that has a presence, that suggests to us that this is - this vulnerability is an area that others want to exploit.

'All of that leads me to believe it is only a matter of the 'when,' not the 'if' that we are going to see something dramatic.'

'I think the reason preparedness isn't in the minds of most people is they really have this idea that 'hey we're civilised, if something bad like this happens we're gonna hold hands, sing Kumbaya, and we'll all work together to fix this,' says Jonathan.

'And they'll use instances like Hurricane Katrina, where everyone rallied around to help in the aftermath after the devastation that was caused. But those are only localised disasters and there were plenty of people not affected by the disaster that came to the rescue. In a nationwide grid-down scenario, no one is coming to help because everyone is in the same boat as you, even the military.

'People will work together in desperate times if they have eaten in the past couple of days. But if you take away their food, their information, law and order they're not going to work together. I use the example of an average blue-collar worker who never committed a crime in his entire life, who goes to church every Sunday. And he's got a four-year-old daughter who's lying on a couch he hasn't been able to provide food to her for two or three weeks straight. She's starving to death in front of his very eyes.

One of the many Survival Retreat's Hollerman has designed for his clients. He has offers dozens of cabin designs from 400 sq ft to over 5,000 sq ft, specifically designed to function off-the-grid

'There's almost nothing that that man, or woman, will not do to get their child some food. They may beg and plead from their neighbours at first, but eventually if they think you've got a can of peaches, they're going to come and take it by force, by whatever means necessary.'

And this is where Jonathan steps in. He advises people from all walks of life, from doctors and lawyers with multi-million budgets who want an entire off-grid survival retreat to people living on shoe-string budgets who just need a little advice.

'Preparedness is a mindset,' he says.

'I recommend educating yourself on the various threats, and having a game plan in your head saying 'ok, if this happens I'm going to do X.' Cause for most of the population this isn't even on their radar. They have no clue that the electric grid could be down for over a year.

'A big thing that people ask me is how do you live with all this concern? I don't live in worry. Some clients and some people in this industry are very scared, they're operating their preparedness mindset in a state of fear, and I don't recommend that because who knows what's going to happen from one day to the next.

'There's a lot of other things, like a pandemic or financial collapse, that could lead to very bad circumstances in the future and I believe it's going to be sooner rather than later, but I don't live my life in fear. Preparedness is a journey, you have to start somewhere, and I recommend you start sooner rather than later.'

Hollerman is a former US Air Force SERE Instructor and expert on survival and prepping. He works full-time as an Emergency Preparedness Consultant helping his clients prepare for what they say is 'the looming breakdown of our fragile society'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5798241/How-preppers-plan-survive-grid-event-nations-power-supply-fails.html
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: