End Times and Current Events
March 18, 2024, 09:26:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

How to Survive what is Coming

Shoutbox
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
September 14, 2017, 04:31:26 am Christian40 says: i have thought that i'm reaping from past sins then my life has been impacted in ways from having non believers in my ancestry.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Survive what is Coming  (Read 11103 times)
Believer

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2012, 10:41:21 am »

I say "vain" in the sense that we live by faith, and take no thought for the morrow. By believing in Jesus we are prepared for anything!  Smiley

Yeah, there is no "just in case" when living by faith. If you are taking care of your house, then it's all good to be thankful for.

And yes, not all believers will be beheaded during that time.

Canned food lasting only 2 years? Go with the industrial strength survival cans, up to 20 years. Or just put away a case of Twinkies!  Grin

That or some McDonald's.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2012, 02:54:06 pm »

That or some McDonald's.  Grin

Only if they can exclude all that MSG poison in it. Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2012, 11:04:56 am »

The Two Types of Last Days Christians
on Tuesday, April 10, 2012 by Bill Salus

The following teaching is taken from Revelation Road, Hope Beyond the Horizon.

The historical accounts of the twelve spies contained in Numbers 13-14 point out that there were two types of Hebrews at the time of Moses. Courageous Joshua and Caleb represented those who had faith to die for. They realized the power God possessed, and relied entirely on Him to get through the giant obstacles— literally—that stood between them, and the Promised Land. They understood the signs of their times, and the significance of the days they were appointed to. They must have realized the Genesis 15:12-16 prophecy given to Abraham, predicting 400 years of Egyptian servitude had ended. Thus, they recognized the time had come to enter into the Promised Land in fulfillment of part-two of the prophecy.

(Part-one) Now when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and behold, horror and great darkness fell upon him. Then He said to Abram: “Know certainly that your descendants will be strangers in a land [Egypt] that is not theirs, and will serve them, and they will afflict [enslave] them four hundred years. (Gen. 15:12-13)

(Part-two) And also the nation whom they serve I will judge; afterward they shall come out [the Hebrew Exodus] with great possessions. Now as for you, you shall go to your fathers in peace; you shall be buried at a good old age. But in the fourth generation they shall return here, [the Promised Land of Canaan] for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet complete. (Gen. 15:14-16)

Joshua and Caleb realized they were part of the fourth generation, the one destined to return and possess the Promised Land. Realizing they existed in fulfillment of this Bible prophecy, they exhibited the faith necessary to rely whole-heartedly on the Lord to deliver upon His prophetic promise made to the patriarch Abraham. They trusted the Lord would perform and safely deliver their generation home to the Promised Land. In Numbers 14:9 the two are quoted as saying, “Only do not rebel against the LORD, nor fear the people of the land, for they are our bread; their protection has departed from them, and the LORD is with us. Do not fear them.”

Conversely, their ten counterparts were spineless. When they spied out the land promised to them, they were intimidated by the enemies and were unwilling to war against them. Even though they probably understood the above prophecy, and even saw the Red Sea swallow up Pharaoh’s army, they still underestimated God’s power. In so doing they undermined his glory. For their lack of faith and courage, they were severely chastised and wandered in the wilderness, where all but Caleb, Joshua, and those under the tender age of twenty, died over the next forty years.(i)

Both groups were appointed to those hard times. They were all forced to live under the last, harshest days of the Egyptian bondage. Subsequent to their exodus, they were all expecting to enter into the Promised Land in fulfillment of Abraham’s prophecy. But only one group possessed the faith required to stand up to the challenges. One group represented survivors and the other deniers.

What is your condition in comparison? Do you possess the unshakable faith of Caleb? Are you willing to acknowledge the end of time draws near? Can you muster up the courage of Joshua, required to face the challenges appointed to the final generation? In the book of Joshua the word courage or courageous appears seven times, illustrating the importance of possessing a fearless faith. Or, are you destined to wander aimlessly in the wilderness of denial, anger, and depression, while your unbelieving loved ones face the real threat of missing the rapture and being plunged into the tribulation period? Are you a Christian survivor or denier?

End-Time’s Christian Survival

Since powerful prophecies are forthcoming, it’s prudent to prepare for them in advance. There is biblical precedent for prophetic preparedness. It’s smart to fill the storehouses with food in advance of a pending famine— that’s what Joseph did in the Genesis 41 historic account. Joseph possessed invaluable insights into the future, and took the necessary measures to provide for the Egyptians. In the process, his Hebrew posterity was also preserved. Joseph’s actions were blessed, because they glorified God, and were in alignment with the Lord’s plan for that time.

If a Christian exemplifies the lessons of Joseph by preparing for prophetic events, his or her actions, if rightly motivated and appropriately understood, can serve as a testimony to an unbelieving spectator. The goal is to temper the survival efforts with a clear demonstration of whole-hearted faith in Christ, and a wholesome understanding of Bible prophecy.

The believer’s behavior should resemble that of Noah’s. While his ark was being constructed, he used the opportunity to preach to those curious about his foreknowledge of the flood.(ii) Although only his immediate family heeded his warnings, the inaction of those in denial did not deter him from taking the necessary survival measures. In the process, his posterity was also preserved. Noah’s actions were also blessed because they glorified God, and were in alignment with the Lord’s plan for that time.

Additionally, stockpiling some cash, gas, and goods, in advance of the fulfillment of a Bible prophecy can insulate the believer from the predictable panic and hysteria that could follow. Long gas lines, food shortages, and inaccessible ATM machines for instance, can be temporarily avoided. This buys time for some resemblance of normalcy to resume. In the process, the believer’s posterity can also be preserved.

END-TIME’S CHRISTIAN DENIAL

Surprisingly, even though the end-time signs are plentiful and abundantly clear, many Christians don’t believe they live in the last days. The fact that the eschatological message is not being taught from many pulpits has a lot to do with this. Ignorance about the end times keeps many from realizing they live within them.

However, these next few paragraphs are intentionally written for those Christians falling into a different category. There are those who believe, or at least think it possible, that there is such a thing as an end time, but they shudder at the possibility that those trying times have officially been ushered in. In essence, they choose the path of denial. Rather than prepare for the end, they opt to ignore it.

One of the reasons for this is that they are young, and seek to live long, healthy, and happy lives. Or, they’re older and have children or grandchildren growing up that they want to send to college, or marry off. To them, the end times just doesn’t fit into their lifelong plan. In fact, some in this category even hope the blessed rapture gets postponed way off into the distant future.

Even though times are worsening, rather than accept and address them, they cling to the hope that world economies and geo-political events are going to get better. Unfortunately, if there is an end times, and if they are upon us, this mentality of denial can be downright dangerous because in the end analysis it parallels that of the ten-spineless-spies.

Certainly pursuing a noble aspiration, like sending a child through college, is a good thing, but if mankind has been plunged into a perilous period of time whereby hunting and fishing for survival is more essential than getting a four-year business degree, then what’s in the best interest of the child? Should he or she be taught to fish, or how to sell Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs) when gas is priced at an unprecedented premium?

This example may sound facetious, but it speaks directly to the point. For instance, Christ says,

For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened. (Matthew 24:21)

This passage predicts a time is coming, which will be characterized by great worldwide tribulation. It implies that earning a college degree, or getting married and having a baby, is illogical. This coming “great tribulation” will necessitate survival, and eradicate denial. Everyone alive at the time will be forced to realize that the world is about to end! Christ is referring here to the final years of the biblical “tribulation period,” but some generation will experience this great tribulation first-hand!

This isn’t about minimizing the importance of a good education, which is scarcely affordable these days; rather it’s about being aware of the signs of the times. The fact many pastors avoid teaching about these last days, does not negate the fact that these last days need to be taught about. According to Acts 20:26-28, pastoral responsibilities require that the full counsel of God be taught from the pulpit. The full counsel includes Bible prophecy. Below is a quote that puts this into perspective.

“J. Barton Payne, the author of the Encyclopedia of Biblical Prophecy, lists 1,239 prophecies in the Old Testament, and 578 prophecies in the New Testament. That works out to a total of 1,817, by his count. And prophecies involve 8,352 of the Bible’s verses. And because there are 31,124 verses in the Bible, this works out to be about 27 percent of the total, meaning one-fourth of the Bible is prophecy.”(iii)

Picking and choosing what preaching is more conducive to filling the pews is not an option for an end-time pastor. Presenting about sixty-three percent of the Bible to a congregation, does not fulfill the requirements of Acts 20:26-28. Additionally, 2 Timothy 3:16-17 says that all 31,124 Bible verses are divinely inspired, including the 8,352 regarding prophecy. These two passages teach that even the prophetic Scriptures equip the man of God for service.

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

It’s time for Christians to get right with the Lord, get ready for turbulent times, and get raptured, before the tribulation-period gets going!
(i) Numbers 14:29-30
(ii) Noah’s testimonial actions are described in Hebrews 11:7, 1 Peter 3:20, 2 Peter 2:25.
(ii) The quote was taken from the Internet on 9/4/11 at this link: http://www.konig.org/wc24.htm

http://www.prophecydepot.net/2012/the-two-types-of-last-days-christians/
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2012, 06:01:45 pm »

^^

Well, with Churchianity in America by and large insisting Christians have to vote Republican to be obedient to God...it's gonna be Obama vs. Romney, which is a Muslim vs. a Mormon...need we say more? Not that Reagan and Bush Jr were decent Christians themselves, but at least these 2 guys had somewhat of an OUTWARD appearance of trying to be "Christian".

Anyhow, the writing is on the wall...in BOLD print...this is a very good article overall.

I have a question for everyone here though - what if you don't have the resources to stock up on food et al like myself? No, I'm not trying to start to a BornAgain2 fund raiser end times here, but nonetheles what can you do if you don't have the resources to prepare? Sometimes I feel we have to do what Joseph did in Egypt when the Lord had him understand the times he was living in.
Report Spam   Logged
tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2012, 11:46:41 pm »

I have a question for everyone here though - what if you don't have the resources to stock up on food et al like myself? No, I'm not trying to start to a BornAgain2 fund raiser end times here, but nonetheles what can you do if you don't have the resources to prepare? Sometimes I feel we have to do what Joseph did in Egypt when the Lord had him understand the times he was living in.

There are cheap ways to stock up on basics. For instance, some have bought dried beans and sealed them 5-gallon bucket. Bulk rice stores well. The idea amongst survivalists is not to eat well, but simply to eat. Of course, all this depends on a clean water supply.

There are too many variables to cover. Years ago, I witnessed a family on YouTube that had tons of weapons, ammo, food, and water stocked up. They lost all of it literally overnight due to an unforeseen chimney fire. There are seasons to life – sometimes shorter, sometimes longer.

I would say first and foremost to stay tight with God, and be open to whatever He would have you do personally. He sees all the variables and can take care of you and your family regardless of how things appear. He can also use you to help other people.

We are awash in lies, deceit, and propaganda ATM. We are being sold fear continually. Since iniquity abounds, I need His direct intervention to keep my love from growing cold. Correction: my love is already cold. I need His love working through me to cast out fear. I need both the love of truth and the truth of love. That is what will determine my actions.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2012, 01:41:14 pm »

edit

55 Percent Of Americans Believe are deluded in thinking That The Government Will Take Care Of Them If Disaster Strikes
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2012, 01:49:38 pm »

Police offered to buy people's cell phone vidoes? What? Somebody is gonna have to prove that because that would be a major issue.

Things like this cause communities to explode. Letting a police dog loose in that crowd? You don't turn lose a dog in a crowd like that. That's riot/crowd control stuff, not a fleeing suspect!  Roll Eyes

Police fire on own citizens? No doubt in my mind. They do it every day, whether the person is armed or not.

"Agree with thine adversary quickly..."
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2012, 08:05:44 pm »

A SUGGESTED SURVIVAL LIST

By Chuck Baldwin
August 30, 2012
NewsWithViews.com

It’s once again time for my annual survival list column. One does not have to be a prophet to know that we are on the precipice of some potentially catastrophic--or at the very least, challenging--days. In fact, most of us are already in challenging days, and some are already enduring catastrophic events. That is, if one would call being out of work, losing one’s home, facing life-threatening medical conditions without any prospect of medical insurance, several families being forced to live in one house due to homes being foreclosed, etc., catastrophic.

The potential for an escalation of cataclysmic events, however, is very real. Only a “blooming idiot” would call someone who attempts to prepare for “the day of adversity” a Chicken Little now. Anyone who does not see the storm clouds on the horizon isn’t paying attention.

For example, can one imagine what would happen if Russia or China launched a nuclear attack against the United States? (Once again, I encourage readers to watch the CBS TV series “Jericho” to get an idea of how quickly life, and even civilization, could change.) Imagine if there was another 9/11-type event. What would happen if some form of Zimbabwe-style inflation hit the US? What would happen if anything disrupted the distribution of Welfare checks, or food to local grocers? Imagine a Hurricane Katrina-style natural disaster in your town. I think people everywhere are beginning to awaken to just how vulnerable we all really are.

As a result, people from virtually every walk of life have asked my thoughts on how they should prepare. Therefore, I will, again, attempt to share with my readers some of the counsel I have given these folks.

First, a disclaimer. I am not an economist; I am not a survival expert; I am not a firearms expert; I am not an attorney; I am not a physician. In fact, I am not an expert in anything! For several years, however, I have tried to learn from others. I am an avid reader. My work has allowed me to travel extensively. In fact, I have logged over 150,000 miles crisscrossing this great country over the last few years. I have had the privilege of sitting at the feet of--and learning from--many of America’s most learned, most trained, and most qualified “experts” in a variety of fields. What I write today, I have learned from others. I’ve formed my own opinions and priorities, of course, but everything I’m sharing has been said, or written about, before. But if I can share something in today’s column that will help someone be better prepared for the days to come, then my goal will have been achieved.

Analyze your living conditions. Where do you live? Do you live in an urban or rural environment? Is it a big city or small town? Do you live in an apartment or condominium? How close are your neighbors? Do you even know your neighbors? Would you trust them if the electricity was off and they were hungry? Could you grow your own food if you had to? How easily could you secure your home? If you live in a cold weather environment, how long could you stay warm without electricity? These are the kinds of questions you need to ask yourself now.

Over the past several decades, masses of people have migrated into large metropolitan areas. More people currently live in urban areas than at any time in American history. While this may be well and good for times of prosperity, it is an absolute nightmare during any kind of disaster. Does anyone remember what New Orleans looked like after Hurricane Katrina came through? Can anyone recall what happened in downtown Los Angeles during the 1992 riots? Needless to say, any inner-city environment could become a powder keg almost instantaneously, given the right (or wrong) circumstances. And the bigger the city, the bigger the potential problems.

If you live in the inner city, I suggest you consider moving to a more rural location. Obviously, now is a very good time to buy property (especially rural property), but the downside is, selling property is not as favorable. If you can afford it, now is a great time to buy a “safe house” outside the city. If you are fortunate enough to have family or some true friends nearby, you may want to put your heads--and some resources--together in preparation for serious upheaval. Obviously, a team of prepared people is much better than being alone.

If you must stay in your urban location, have some common sense plans in hand in the event of a major disaster. Get to know your neighbors: find out whom you can trust and whom you can’t. Keep some extra gasoline on hand, in case you need to get in your car quickly and leave. Have several exit routes planned ahead of time, in case roads are blocked. Have a “bug-out” bag containing essential ingredients to live on for three to four days. If leaving is not an option, have a plan to secure your home as best you can. You’ll need to think about things such as food, water, medicine, warmth, self-defense, etc. But at this point, to do nothing is absolute lunacy!

Most readers probably know that my entire family and I made the decision two years ago to move 2,600 miles from our home of 35 years in the Florida panhandle to the Flathead Valley of Montana, which is located about 75 miles south of the Canadian border in the Rocky Mountains. I can tell readers without equivocation or hesitation that we are so glad we made this move. We absolutely love it here--all the difficulties and trials associated with such a life-changing move notwithstanding. In fact, I’ve never lived in a place I love so much!

If readers want to learn more about what prompted our move to Montana, please peruse the information on this web page.

Provisions:

During a major disaster, food will quickly disappear. Living for over three decades on the Gulf Coast, I can tell you with absolute certainty that whenever disaster strikes (usually an approaching hurricane, for those folks), food and provisions at the store sell completely out in a matter of a few hours. People panic, and within hours, you cannot find food, bottled water, ice, generators, batteries, candles, etc. In a matter of hours, every gas station in the area will be completely out of gas. Not days. Hours!

Furthermore, almost all disasters include a complete loss of electricity. The water supply is compromised. Bottled water becomes more valuable than bank accounts. Dehydration becomes a very real and present danger. I remember witnessing a man offer an ice vendor $100 for an extra bag of ice during Hurricane Ivan. My wife and I went two weeks (14 days) without electricity in the aftermath of that hurricane. Believe me, I got a taste of just how precious bottled water, ice, batteries, generators, fuel, etc., can become.

I suggest you have a supply of food and water to last at least a month. Many survival experts insist that a six-month supply is the minimum. Personally, I can live a long time on tuna fish or peanut butter. You can purchase MREs from a variety of sources, as well as “camp-style” packaged food from many sporting goods stores. Of course, bottled water is available everywhere during normal times. Stock up! Distilled water will store longer than spring water. Plus, I suggest you have some water purification tablets or a Katadyn water filter on hand. And, if you are able, prepare to grow your own food. In cold weather climates such as we have here in Montana, people quickly learn how to construct and utilize greenhouses in which to grow food. Canning food is another very helpful hedge against deprivation. If your parents and grandparents were like mine, this was standard operating procedure.

Get a generator. Keep a supply of fuel on hand. Stay stocked up on batteries, candles, portable lights, first aid supplies, and personal hygiene items--especially toilet paper. Trust me, during times of intense and prolonged disaster, toilet paper could become more valuable than money. I also suggest you never run out of lighters or matches. You never know when you’ll need to build a fire--and during a prolonged survival situation, fire could save your life. If you live in a cold weather climate, you probably already have some sort of wood stove or fireplace. And don’t overlook the necessity of a good knife.

Obviously, you need to take stock of your clothing. Do you have clothes suitable for extended outdoor activity? What about boots? During a disaster, you would trade your best suit from Neiman Marcus for a good pair of boots. Do you have gloves? Insulated underwear? What about camouflage clothing? These could become essential outerwear in the right conditions. Plus, any “bug-out” bag will need to include spare clothing. And as most folks here in Montana know, “cotton kills.” For extended outdoor wear in cold weather, wool is the only way to go!

Communication and medical provisions are also a high priority in any kind of emergency. How will you communicate with your loved ones when the phones (including cell phones) go down? Portable ham radios are a very valuable resource. But the time to buy (and train to use) one is NOW! A preordained rally point (or safe house) might be something to think about. And what about medical supplies? Do you have enough to take care of routine (and not-so-routine) emergencies? What about your prescription drugs? How long could you function if you were cut off from your pharmacist for any length of time? Also, seriously consider learning about natural, herbal medicines. Those plants growing in your “back forty” might just cure a headache, stop bleeding, or even save your life. Think about it now.

And one more suggestion, while we’re on this subject: the best resources in the world are of little use if one is physically incapable of making good use of them. In other words, GET IN SHAPE. During any kind of emergency situation, physical exertion and stamina become immensely important.

Commodities:

I suggest you have at least some cash on hand. Just about any and all disasters will result in banks being closed for extended periods of time. That also means credit card purchases being suspended. You need to have enough cash to be able to purchase essential goods (if they are even available) for an undetermined amount of time.

Of course, some survival gurus insist that during any cataclysmic climate, precious metals will become the only reliable currency. A little gold and silver could go a long way in a prolonged emergency. For that matter, with the way our fiat money system is coming unraveled, you may want to seriously consider moving your IRA accounts into precious metals, if for no other reason than to better protect your savings. Ask yourself, how much money have I already lost at the hands of these banksters in the Federal Reserve and their toadies in the stock market?

In fact, in a disaster, what is considered a valuable commodity can change rather quickly, as the barter system takes a life of its own. What is valuable is determined by what you need and how badly you need it. In a prolonged disaster, simple things such as toilet paper, canned goods, ammunition, and clothing could become extremely valuable; while cars, video games, televisions, etc., could be reduced to junk status. In antiquity, wars were fought over things such as salt. You might be surprised to learn that there are already active barter groups in your area. I suggest you establish a relationship with these people now!

Speaking of cars, remember that during a prolonged “national emergency” that might involve some sort of nuclear attack or widespread civil unrest, an Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) might be employed; in which case, most every late model vehicle would be completely inoperable. Accordingly, if one can keep an older, pre-computer-age vehicle in good working order, he or she might be driving the only non-government vehicle capable of going anywhere. Of course, you might not want to drive it to town!

Self-Defense:

Needless to say, during any kind of disaster, your safety and protection will be completely up to you. If you really think that the police are going to be able to protect you during an upheaval, you are living in a dream world.

In both the New Orleans and Los Angeles disasters, police protection was non-existent. Lawless gangs quickly took control of the streets, and people were left to either defend themselves or swiftly become the helpless prey of violent marauders. In fact, in New Orleans, some of the policemen actually abandoned their oaths to uphold the law and joined with the criminals, turning their weapons upon the public.

Face it, folks: in any kind of disaster, you must be able to defend yourself, or you and your family will be meat for these animals of society that will quickly descend without mercy upon the unprepared, unsuspecting souls around them. This requires that you be armed! It also requires that you be skilled enough to be able to efficiently use your arms. Therefore, I strongly suggest that you purchase firearms sufficient to keep you and your family safe, and also that you practice sufficiently to know how to use them.

Now, when it comes to a discussion of which firearms are preferable for self-defense, the suggestions are as varied as the people who proffer them. These are my suggestions:

I believe every man (along with his wife and children of adequate age) should be proficient with the following weapons: a handgun in .38 caliber or above, a .22 rifle, a center-fire bolt-action hunting rifle, a semi-automatic battle rifle, and a shotgun.

My personal preference for a self-defense handgun is either a .45 ACP 1911 (either Colt or Kimber), a Glock .45, or a .40 S&W. In the .40 caliber, my favorite is a Glock 22 or 23. In the 1911, I like the Commander size configuration. I prefer either the Model 21 or the Model 30 in the Glock .45. And I will also admit to sometimes carrying a 9mm Glock 19 or a Smith & Wesson .357 revolver. My two favorites in this caliber are the Model 66 with a 2 ½-inch barrel and the Model 586 with a 4-inch barrel. My wife prefers to carry a Smith & Wesson .38 caliber revolver in the snub-nose, J-frame configuration. But this is primarily due to the reduced weight of these weapons for carry purposes. If needed, she could make a good accounting of herself with the Glock 19. If you are someone who has never owned and seldom fired a handgun, I recommend you buy a Glock. They are as simple as revolvers to operate, reliable, and almost indestructible. Plus, they provide increased magazine capacity, and are safe. They are also very easy to disassemble and clean. Of course, in dangerous game territory, you will need the power of a 10mm (the Glock 20 shines here), .45 Long Colt, .44 Magnum, or even a .454 Casull. These calibers are not for the limp-wristed, but when one is facing a brown bear or mountain lion, it is what one will need to survive. Plus, when your life is on the line, you’ll never feel the recoil.

For a .22 rifle, I really like the Ruger 10/22. A Marlin tube-fed .22 is also very effective. The CZ bolt-action .22 just might be the most accurate .22 on the market. For a hunting rifle, my suggestion is either a .270 or .30-06 caliber bolt-action rifle. I prefer the Remington Model 700 BDL or Browning X-Bolt, but there are several fine weapons in this configuration and caliber by numerous manufacturers. In dangerous game territory, a Marlin .45-70 could be a lifesaver. For a battle rifle, I suggest an AR-15-style weapon in .223 caliber or a .308 Springfield M1A. For a shotgun, I suggest a 12-gauge pump. Here I prefer a Winchester Model 1300, which is not made anymore. So, you’ll probably have to choose between Mossberg and Remington. For ladies, however, a 20-gauge shotgun is probably a better choice, and at “bad breath” range (where a shotgun shines, anyway), it is just as lethal.

Whatever you choose, practice with it to the point that you are able to use it proficiently. And be sure you stock up on ammunition. A gun without ammo is reduced to being either an expensive club or a cumbersome paperweight.

Go to your local independent sporting goods store (I don’t recommend the large national chain stores to do your firearms shopping.) and get to know your hometown firearms dealer. Most of these people are kind and helpful folks who will be more than happy to assist you in finding exactly what type of firearm is suitable for you and your family.

Spiritual Power:

I firmly believe that man is created to have fellowship with his Creator-God. I really don’t know how people can face the uncertain future that we currently face without the spiritual knowledge, wisdom, comfort, and power that is made available through Jesus Christ. I believe the maxim is true: “Wise men still seek Him.” I strongly suggest that you seek to possess a personal relationship with God’s only begotten Son. In truth, spiritual preparation is far and away the most important preparation of all. Accordingly, be sure to pack a copy of God’s Word in your survival gear.

And if you have not been able to find a local church where the pastor isn’t afraid to deal with the kind of issues like I am dealing with in this column, I invite you to worship online with us at Liberty Fellowship. People all over America who are tired of these 501c3, establishment churches--who have no clue as to what is going on and who wouldn’t take a stand if they did--are tuning in to hear my messages at Liberty Fellowship every Sunday afternoon. To tune in this Sunday, click here.

That we are facing challenging days is a certainty. Exactly what that means is yet to be determined. I trust that some of my suggestions will help you be better prepared for what lies before us. Plus, here is an excellent online Survival Blog chock-full of great suggestions and resources for all things survival.

And if you are considering relocation, please check out Joel Skousen’s web site.

And if you think you may want to relocate to the Flathead Valley of Montana, George Hudson, a man at Liberty Fellowship who “escaped” from California to locate here--and who is now helping scores of people from all over the country to resettle in our beautiful valley--may be contacted here.

Please give him a few days to email you back, but he will be happy to try to answer any questions you have about moving here.

I am sure that I have left out several items that others more qualified than me would include. I welcome their suggestions, as I am always desirous to learn from those who are wiser and more experienced. In the meantime, remember your Boy Scout motto: “Be Prepared.”

http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin716.htm
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2012, 05:42:24 am »

Just a quick look at NY and NJ and why it is so important to have basic survival skills and equipment. The so called "natural disasters" are going to get worse and worse, you need to be prepared.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2012, 09:06:49 am »

Just a quick look at NY and NJ and why it is so important to have basic survival skills and equipment. The so called "natural disasters" are going to get worse and worse, you need to be prepared.

Yeah, when I saw the news reports on this, it looked like northeasterners were just not prepared for a disaster like this. At least New Orleaneans and Gulf Coasters have been prepared their entire lives to respond to even the most massive of hurricanes. Yes, the hurricane was pretty devastating, but for the most part, it's been the aftermath of it and how the lack of preparation on part of the citizens was what stood out the most.

These weather disasters can come at a flicker of the moment without much warning - we saw the big tornados that hit Joplin, MO in a heartbeat last year.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2012, 02:06:05 pm »

Hers is a really big reason as to why you need to be ready and prepared.

Sandy Price Gouging Probed: $7 Loaf of Bread, $10 Box of Matches

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Hurricane-Sandy-Price-Gouging-Scams-Investigation-177279531.html
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2012, 02:59:22 pm »

According to a report by YouGov.com, a research and consulting organization, 64 percent of Americans are woefully unprepared for a major natural disaster, even after the events of Hurricane Sandy, Hurricane Katrina, and a series of other major natural disasters smacking us around in recent years.

The report finds that people making disaster-readiness plans has slightly increased from 31 percent to 36 percent since 2011, showing that the majority of Americans have failed to adequately prepare themselves in the event of another major disaster. This is the breakdown of YouGov’s numbers,

Of the 36 percent who said they were equipped for natural disasters, their preparations included the following:

Emergency supplies (for example, flashlights or first-aid kits): 89 percent
        Food stocks: 74 percent
        Creating an evacuation or an emergency plan: 50 percent
        Disaster insurance: 22 percent

Of the 89 percent who had emergency supplies, their supplies included the following:

Flashlights:  97 percent
        Water:  92 percent
        First-aid kits or medicine:  92 percent
        Sleeping bags or blankets:  83 percent
        Face masks: 18 percent
        Iodine pills:  15 percent

While general preparedness is low, concern and fear over another natural disaster has increased, especially across the Northeast, where 31 percent report that they are “very concerned” following Hurricane Sand, doubled from the previous year’s report of 17 percent concern in polling done after Tropical Storm Irene, the highest percentage in the country.

A lot of people have prognosticated in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy that this was finally the storm that got everyone’s attention, and that in the future, people will be more prepared for the advent of another natural catastrophe. I’m not so sure. While Sandy’s devastation was massive and destabilizing, only time will tell how New Yorkers will prepare and respond, both personally, and politically, should another superstorm come to wreck our city.

http://www.sheepsheadbites.com/2012/11/report-majority-of-americans-still-not-prepared-for-a-major-disaster/
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2012, 07:09:28 am »

U.S. Electrical Grid 'Inherently Vulnerable'

With the world focused on the latest Middle East flareup and the increasing prospect for a wider military conflict there, a little-noticed U.S. report has sounded new alarms over the vulnerability of the U.S. electric power-grid system to terrorist attacks, which could cause even more damage than natural disasters. The effect, according to the National Research Council of the National Academy of Sciences, would be blackouts over large regions of the country for weeks and even months, costing billions of dollars to repair. The NRC report warned that the power grid is “inherently vulnerable” physically given the distances it covers, an already overly stressed bulk high-voltage system that can result in multiple failures. In addition, most of the major facilities remain unguarded.

more: http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/u-s-electrical-grid-inherently-vulnerable/

The whole thing is old and outdated and really anything could take down the whole system. Remember a couple of years ago when a transformer in Ohio took down half the US eastern sea board and part of Canada
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2012, 01:46:33 pm »

How To Build Up Food Reserves For An Apocalypse Survival Kit

Whether you’re preparing for the possibility of another hurricane or an impending catastrophe, Judgement Day or even the zombie apocalypse, you can never go wrong with an emergency supply kit stocked with the right foods. Store foods that you eat regularly. Include vitamin, mineral and protein supplements. Store enough foods for two weeks. Make sure to include a manual can opener, disposable utensils and plates. Consider including candle warmers, a fondue pot and portable gas-powered stove for cooking. Keep food in a dry, cool spot out of the sun. Keep sugar, dried fruits and nuts in screw-top jars or airtight cans. Avoid eating canned goods that have become dented, swollen or corroded. Avoid fatty, high-protein or salty foods when your water supply is low. Keep your hands clean with either soap and water or hand sanitisers. If water supplies are low, eat salt-free crackers, whole grain cereals, and canned foods with high liquid content.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/lifestyle/2012/11/28/how-to-build-up-food-reserves-for-an-apocalypse-survival-kit
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2012, 12:05:05 pm »

10 Ways to Prepare Your Community for Economic Collapse

As economic collapse approaches, the only question is whether it will remain in slow motion or take a dramatic turn for the worse. If we're lucky it will remain in slow motion to give people and communities enough time to prepare as much as possible.

We only need to look at the chaos that occurred during the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy where hardly anyone was prepared for weeks without power, and they even had some forewarning. Unfortunately most people are still blind to the coming economic storm. They're frogs in slowly simmering water getting ready to boil.

It's one thing to prep for yourself, but if the economic collapse is sustained for a long period of time, it will take a tribe to survive as comfortably as possible. The bigger your extended survival group the easier it will be, and if you can encourage your greater community to move more toward self-reliance the better off you all will be.

If you're a prepper who understands the severity of the coming events, now is the time to get your community involved. You don't have to convince everyone the sky is falling, only the importance of more self-sufficiency just in case there is an unforeseen emergency.

Here are ten ways to help your community prepare:

Meet Your Tribe: This starts with forming your core group of local prepper friends. These people will share your understanding, have great ideas, and can share the burden of prepping. Then, at the very least, meet all of your immediate neighbors and size them up as to their mindset and ability. Organize fun and educational block parties to demonstrate and encourage the solutions outlined on this list. Finally, take some of your ideas to town hall meetings to seek broader cooperation and more volunteers.

Alternative Water Sources: Water is the most important element for survival. If the grid goes down, public water will be sure to follow. Locate private wells that can be switched to hand pumps or generators, or streams, rivers and ponds that can be piped and stored near your community. Create a map of these resources for everyone in your group of volunteers to keep safe if crisis strikes. Educate your neighbors with flyers or demonstrations at block parties about having back-up water supplies, rainwater and greywater use, and water purification methods. Encourage your neighbors to keep at least 3 days of drinking water stored in their homes.

Garden Projects:  Encourage and help neighbors with their individual gardens and they'll help you with yours. Hold neighborhood workshops with experts on composting, permaculture, aquaponics, small livestock, seed preservation, and canning. Stress the importance to the greater community of gardens in public spaces that are being wasted on grass that must be mowed at the taxpayer's expense. With more of the local landscape turned into an edible landscape, the easier the community will be able to absorb the impact of economic collapse, particularly rapid inflation of food prices.

Local Food Co-Ops: Another very important element to local food self-sufficiency is becoming involved with your local food cooperatives. These typically include many of your local artisan farmers and organic gardeners. You may be surprised by how big the local food movement already is in your area, but it needs to be much bigger when severe economic crisis hits. Support them with your business and whatever skills you can bring to the table. Encourage your neighbors to join and participate as well. Not only will this help expand local commerce and food production, it also helps build a healthier community. A great resource to find local farmers in your area is LocalHarvest.org.

Barter Systems: If the dollar collapses (which most people predict will be the trigger of economic collapse), having a local system of trade will soften the impact tremendously. Even if you just begin with trading services with your neighbors, get the idea barter to spread. You may already have a local grassroots currency or barter exchange in your area. Many food co-ops already have them as well. If they don't, there are plenty of resources that teach you how to start one yourself. The importance of laying the groundwork for such an exchange cannot be understated, and if the collapse miraculously evaporates, the barter system will still encourage local trade so the community flourishes. This is also a great way to identify team players with vital skills needed during collapse situations.

Alternative Energy:  This is perhaps the most challenging issue facing any individual prepper as well as a small community as a whole. Virtually all areas are beholden to large interconnected electric grids and multinational oil companies for their energy. But as we saw recently with Hurricane Sandy, people without fuel or power go crazy after just a few short days. Imagine weeks and months without power or fuel. For personal preparation, it's wise to at least have a generator, and perhaps some solar panels for refrigeration and electronics. Encouraging your neighbors to do the same may be the best you can hope for community involvement, but present ideas like generators for all essential services to prevent a breakdown of law and order. Work on implementing a community or co-op biodiesel refinery for used cooking oil, or a windmill or solar station for the back-up water supply, etc

Neighborhood Watch: All communities are unique and will require different levels of security in times of crisis. As we saw with Katrina and Sandy, the National Guard and the local police were no match for keeping the looters at bay. And, again, these were just temporary setbacks. A sustained economic crisis could bring many desperate people or worse - organized gangs - to your neighborhood. The cops will likely be preoccupied with much bigger concerns than your community assuming the locality can still afford their salaries. Start with a simple neighborhood watch to create a basic plan for deterring invaders. Make note of neighbors who are former military or hunters to recruit should things get dicey enough to require some firepower.

Food Bank:  Everyone should have their own personal supply of survival foods. But you may also consider grouping with your tribe of preppers or a few neighbors to create a food bank where you can combine funds for bulk food storage. This food bank should consist of the most basic of foods like wheat, rice, and beans.  This can serve as an "open only in case of an emergency" cache. Beyond that, helping out with your community food bank or other food programs for the less fortunate is also a way to help keep your community stable during the crisis.

Communications: Don't underestimate the importance of maintaining open communication with your community.  If the power goes off, it may not be long before phones and Internet are gone too. Emergency radios are great to monitor the "official" activity outside the community, but being able to speak to each other is vital to survival.  Back up systems can be as small as your core group using walkie talkies, or as large as creating an alternative Internet connection. You can have one person get satellite Internet and they can beam it with a simple line-of-sight microwave panels to other hubs, perhaps a school.  This sounds complex, but it's not that difficult or expensive. Additionally, you could set up a community intranet that can at least communicate with each other if not the outside world. When meeting neighbors, don't discount their skills if they're a tech geek or working for the phone company, as they will be needed in a collapse situation. Again, having individual solar chargers for laptops and this system would have to be considered as well.

Medical: Big hospitals will likely be overtaxed during a crisis and they'll certainly be a target of drug addicts who have nowhere else to get their fix. It may be unrealistic to form a small clinic in your community prior to a collapse situation, however, identifying the doctors, nurses, EMTs, veterinarians, and holistic healers in your neighborhood will go a long way in preparing. Additionally, encouraging all households in your neighborhood to keep a month or more of essential medications stored in their homes will be crucial to get through difficult times. If you're lucky enough to find a few doctors who share your prepper mindset, creating a bank of strategic medicine (insulin and antibiotics) would be ideal as well. And don't write off the hippie who knows how to grow quality cannabis....

These are all realistic preparations that you can do in your communities. They shouldn't be motivated by fear of some potential apocalypse. Rather, it should be fun and joyful to get to know your neighbors and encourage the strengthening of your community.

Please tell us your ideas for surviving the economic collapse in the comment section below.

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/12/10-ways-to-prepare-your-community-for.html
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2012, 04:12:41 am »

Hey Mark, why don't we start a thread on this from the perspective of what the bible says about "prepping"? For or against it.

I'm not seeing where it makes sense for a Christian to be doing all this prepping stuff, so if we can show scripturally what we are to do, then it would make more sense. Just the topic itself seems like we are no better than the fearing unbelieving world, which of course we are no better, but I think you get the idea, and well, believers have no fear of what's coming, but look forward to it, right?

25   Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 
26   Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? 
27   Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? 
28   And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: 
29   And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 
30   Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, [shall he] not much more [clothe] you, O ye of little faith? 
31   Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 
32   (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 
33   But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 
34   Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day [is] the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:25-34 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2012, 04:23:41 am »

Hey Mark, why don't we start a thread on this from the perspective of what the bible says about "prepping"? For or against it.

I'm not seeing where it makes sense for a Christian to be doing all this prepping stuff, so if we can show scripturally what we are to do, then it would make more sense. Just the topic itself seems like we are no better than the fearing unbelieving world, which of course we are no better, but I think you get the idea, and well, believers have no fear of what's coming, but look forward to it, right?

1Ti 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

We know that before the Lord returns at the Rapture, that there will be wars, earthquakes, and natural disasters. We know this because the Lord told us this would happen. So if we do not prepare for that, how are we taking care of our house and family, knowing in advance what is coming?

I'm quite sure there are Christians living in areas hit by Sandy. Those people should have been prepared for that. There is nothing wrong with preparing for what is coming and is in fact already happening on the Earth. The Lord said it was coming, and we are told to provide for our own, that includes being able to take care of your family in the event of natural disasters.
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2012, 04:35:04 am »

And that is the very reason I suggested that we have a specific thread on it, mainly because while I know that verse well, I disagree with the interpretation.

Remember, we are to walk in the Spirit, by faith, taking no thought for the morrow. If a person is trying to stock up for something that might take place tomorrow, how is that by faith? Wouldn't that be taking thought for tomorrow?

I believe the interpretation for that verse is spiritual, meaning that we are to provide for our household;s spiritual needs, as the Spirit moves us. Man looks on the outward appearence, but we being the sons of God are to look at the spiritual, and not walk according to the flesh.

Besides, you cannot protect a person that doesn't believe, and quite frankly, you can't protect one that is, as Jesus has already done that.

Consider that we are not to fight or resist the world, as it isn't our fight. We are to suffer being defrauded, to take it on the cheek, and not render evil for evil. So why then would we do just the opposite and try to protect ourselves from something that Jesus says we are already protected from?

It just doesn't seem like living by faith to me, and thus is why a seperate thread is on order.

Maybe a closer look at what Jesus told the disciples as He sent them out, firstly to take nothing, then take what they had.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2012, 08:11:02 am »

I have to agree with Kilika here - personally, I'm single, am unemployed due to the worsening job market, and am living with my parents, so obviously my material resources are limited.

No, I'm not offended at all for the posts made here over prepping, and yes, I agree that people need to be aware and not asleep over what is going on in current events now. But nonetheless there are people like myself who's resources are limited, and definitely wouldn't be a good idea to stray away from what scripture says, but to walk in the Spirit, by faith. B/c this is all I can do.

And no, I'm not trying to put out a "BornAgain2 prepper fund" out there, just so you know.

As for the events of Sandy - I'm surprised alot of the residents there didn't evacuate. My heart goes out to them, but nonetheless their biggest mistake was not taking the hurricane seriously and not fleeing at the opportunity.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2012, 08:19:47 am »

Another thing - if anyone plans to stock up on food, you better be VERY careful over the foods you buy, b/c even some of the PREPPER food sites like EFoods have MSG in them.(ie-doesn't Alex Jones promote EFoods?)

FWIW, last week I was reading an article over how the NFL rival New Orleans Saints/Atlanta Falcons has been really heating up in recent years. When the Saints's team plane arrived in Atlanta, the Falcons fans were throwing eggs at them. Seriously, don't these people know that food prices, in particular the ones for eggs, are starting to soar now?(especially after the record drought that hit last summer)

When the fan really hits the ceiling, these people are REALLY going to hit the fan...you ain't seen nothin yet! Either get right with Jesus, or get left.

Matthew 12:29  Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.
Mat 12:30  He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

Report Spam   Logged
tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2012, 10:17:27 am »

I see prepping more as God’s personalized plan for His saints. I do as much as I am financially able. A saint may be called upon in the future to help his neighbors and the head of household is called upon to care for dependents to the best of his ability. It does not indicate weak faith. Staying tight with God is still a higher priority. The saint cannot depend on stockpiles since they can literally vanish in an instant due to unforeseen circumstances.

On the other hand, if a personal situation changes where prepping becomes less feasible, then dependence upon Him becomes more obvious. The former case is still just as dependent as the latter. But, to us, it just seems more obvious. I’m not saying that the saint should fall into the “Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die” mentality as that would indicate a loss of hope.

Personally, I seem to be transitioning from the former to the latter scenario. A fixed income with rising prices has caused financial erosion as the former stockpiles of food deplete. Even though Jesus says not to worry about tomorrow, I still struggle with it.

I see both scenarios as Biblically valid.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2012, 02:54:45 pm »

That's some good input folks. I was praying that a nice coversation would result. I by no means intend to squelch info that is sound, which the survival type stuff presented has been...viable.

On the other hand, if a personal situation changes where prepping becomes less feasible, then dependence upon Him becomes more obvious. The former case is still just as dependent as the latter. But, to us, it just seems more obvious.

Yes, I know exactly what your saying, we all experience that period from time to time that we are caught up inour daily lives that we tend to drift out of the Spirit, and get momentarily distracted by carnal things, and the carnal unbelieving around us. Thank you Jesus, if it wasn't for Him, there are many thigns that I use to do and think that were totally a common thing for a person to do in secular society. It's just how THEY do it. That's a hard thing to break when your raised that way, as it seems by all logic that you'ved learned so far in life it's the way it should be. But it's not in so many cases. It's just that we were taught wrong by our parents and the people around us. That's the blunt truth. It starts with parents not teaching what truth faith in Jesus really is. Instead, they are lukewarm at best, mainly are caught up in the world and many of them are lost and not born-again (...in works deny Him...). God knows.

When we are born-again with the Spirit, we litrally become "a new creature", "all things are become new". We then have the Holy Ghost in us to teach us and direct us by our faith and trust that He will lead us in the right direction. Sometimes our old man ways creep back in due to the corrupted fleshly body we still reside in, and we step out of walking in the Spirit.

Consider the thought one must have in order to prep for some kind of emergency. Your literally taking "thought for the morrow". We who are His are saved, and it's not up to us as to who will be damned, no matter what calamity, people quite literally are on their own with their Maker. You cannot save them with stores of food and water. If our Lord wants them, or you, He WILL take them, lest we be found even to fight against God.

I know it's hard to deal with family that are not spiritually on the same page. We all experience that, which is why Jesus tells us...

35   For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 
36   And a man's foes [shall be] they of his own household.
Matthew 10:35,36 (KJB)

I believe that if we are to provide for our house, it's their spritual needs, feeding them the Word as the Spirit gives to us. Now, does that mean we don't on the sabbath pull the donkey out of the ditch? Of course not, as the Spirit WILL move us to love our neighbor and help as needed. We naturally now have the desire, the Spirit, to be that way towards others, but again we must trust the Spirit to guide us to what is true, and what is of faith. "Examine yourselves whether ye be in the faith..."

I merely am exhorted to keep my brethren in remembrance...

19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 
20   For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected [the same] in hope, 
21   Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 
22   For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. 
23   And not only [they], but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, [to wit], the redemption of our body. 
24   For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? 
25   But if we hope for that we see not, [then] do we with patience wait for [it]. 
26   Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 
27   And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what [is] the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to [the will of] God. 
28   And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose. 
29   For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate [to be] conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 
Romans 8:19-29 (KJB)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 02:57:06 pm by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2012, 06:54:15 pm »

Gen 41:28  This is the thing which I have spoken unto Pharaoh: What God is about to do he sheweth unto Pharaoh.
Gen 41:29  Behold, there come seven years of great plenty throughout all the land of Egypt:
Gen 41:30  And there shall arise after them seven years of famine; and all the plenty shall be forgotten in the land of Egypt; and the famine shall consume the land;
Gen 41:31  And the plenty shall not be known in the land by reason of that famine following; for it shall be very grievous.
Gen 41:32  And for that the dream was doubled unto Pharaoh twice; it is because the thing is established by God, and God will shortly bring it to pass.
Gen 41:33  Now therefore let Pharaoh look out a man discreet and wise, and set him over the land of Egypt.
Gen 41:34  Let Pharaoh do this, and let him appoint officers over the land, and take up the fifth part of the land of Egypt in the seven plenteous years.
Gen 41:35  And let them gather all the food of those good years that come, and lay up corn under the hand of Pharaoh, and let them keep food in the cities.
Gen 41:36  And that food shall be for store to the land against the seven years of famine, which shall be in the land of Egypt; that the land perish not through the famine.
Gen 41:37  And the thing was good in the eyes of Pharaoh, and in the eyes of all his servants.
Gen 41:38  And Pharaoh said unto his servants, Can we find such a one as this is, a man in whom the Spirit of God is?
Gen 41:39  And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Forasmuch as God hath shewed thee all this, there is none so discreet and wise as thou art:
Gen 41:40  Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou.
Gen 41:41  And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, See, I have set thee over all the land of Egypt.
Gen 41:42  And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon Joseph's hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck;
Gen 41:43  And he made him to ride in the second chariot which he had; and they cried before him, Bow the knee: and he made him ruler over all the land of Egypt.
Gen 41:44  And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, I am Pharaoh, and without thee shall no man lift up his hand or foot in all the land of Egypt.
Gen 41:45  And Pharaoh called Joseph's name Zaphnathpaaneah; and he gave him to wife Asenath the daughter of Potipherah priest of On. And Joseph went out over all the land of Egypt.
Gen 41:46  And Joseph was thirty years old when he stood before Pharaoh king of Egypt. And Joseph went out from the presence of Pharaoh, and went throughout all the land of Egypt.
Gen 41:47  And in the seven plenteous years the earth brought forth by handfuls.
Gen 41:48  And he gathered up all the food of the seven years, which were in the land of Egypt, and laid up the food in the cities: the food of the field, which was round about every city, laid he up in the same.
Gen 41:49  And Joseph gathered corn as the sand of the sea, very much, until he left numbering; for it was without number.
Gen 41:50  And unto Joseph were born two sons before the years of famine came, which Asenath the daughter of Potipherah priest of On bare unto him.
Gen 41:51  And Joseph called the name of the firstborn Manasseh: For God, said he, hath made me forget all my toil, and all my father's house.
Gen 41:52  And the name of the second called he Ephraim: For God hath caused me to be fruitful in the land of my affliction.
Gen 41:53  And the seven years of plenteousness, that was in the land of Egypt, were ended.
Gen 41:54  And the seven years of dearth began to come, according as Joseph had said: and the dearth was in all lands; but in all the land of Egypt there was bread.
Gen 41:55  And when all the land of Egypt was famished, the people cried to Pharaoh for bread: and Pharaoh said unto all the Egyptians, Go unto Joseph; what he saith to you, do.
Gen 41:56  And the famine was over all the face of the earth: And Joseph opened all the storehouses, and sold unto the Egyptians; and the famine waxed sore in the land of Egypt.
Gen 41:57  And all countries came into Egypt to Joseph for to buy corn; because that the famine was so sore in all lands.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2012, 07:05:13 pm »

Pro 22:3  A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.

Pro 21:20  There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up.

Mat 7:24  Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Mat 7:25  And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
Mat 7:26  And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
Mat 7:27  And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
Mat 7:28  And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 07:08:42 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2012, 09:00:01 pm »

I agree, this is an excellent discussion here.

I will add this - if anyone has a good bit of resources sitting around in the banks et al, it would not be a bad idea to move it OUT before the banksters eventually get to it, and invest on better things like stocking up on emergency stuff.

But again, OTOH, if you have few resources on you like me, then it would be best to walk in the Spirit by faith.

Ultimately, the 501c3 Churchianity crowd will be in for a shocker in the near future - you walk into these church buildings now, and you get the impression that Christianity is a bunch of peaches and cream. Yeah, the next false flag event, if/when it happens, is going to blind-side them.

Matthew 24:48  But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
Mat 24:49  And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
Mat 24:50  The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
Mat 24:51  And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2012, 11:41:35 am »

http://news.yahoo.com/russians-pay-1-000-doomsday-party-soviet-bunker-183146169.html

MOSCOW (Reuters) - A Cold War-era bunker designed to save Soviet leaders from a nuclear attack will host a 24-hour party for Russians willing to pay $1,000 for a ticket to escape the apocalypse, which, according to New Age prophesies, could come on Friday.

Bunker No. 42, now a tourist attraction full of red alarm lights, is located 56 meters (184 feet) under ground in central Moscow, near the Kremlin, and can accommodate up to 300 people.

"Many people would feel much calmer if they could spend this critical day enjoying maximum comfort and safety," said Alexei Pavlovsky, a tour guide at the bunker, adding there was strong interest in the party which will start at midnight on December 20.

Pavlovsky said the idea of holding a party at the bunker, which has served as a museum since 2006, came from visitors keen to mark the end of an era in the Maya Long Count calendar due at sunrise on December 21 - an event interpreted by some groups as the end of days.

"We don't have control over things such as the end of the world. But we are ready for pretty much everything," he said.

"There'll be a children's room with cartoons, for adults there'll be movies, talks dedicated to the end of the world and tours of the museum. There'll be live broadcasts from other bunkers in other countries."

Upon entering the bunker, built in 1956, visitors will be whisked 18 floors down in an elevator to a warren of rooms where loudspeakers blast out the old Cold war warning: "Attention! Attention! The enemy has carried out a nuclear attack!"

"The bunker is rather big, but everything here is arranged in a way that makes people feel safe. This is a comfortable, cozy place to spend not just a day, but a whole war and even the end of the world," said Anna, a student visiting the bunker on Wednesday.

Other resorts across the world are offering refuge for those fearing the doomsday predictions.

A hotel on the slopes of Mount Rtanj in Serbia is selling itself as the best place to survive the apocalypse, basing its promise on the mystical powers that locals say have flooded the area since the mountain swallowed a castle belonging to a well-to-do sorcerer, trapping him inside [ID:nL5E8NJ96S].

(Writing by Gabriela Baczynska; Editing by Rosalind Russell)
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2013, 11:19:59 pm »

Yeah, from all of the reports I've read, it just came unexpectedly - it seems to have been that way with a lot of natural disasters recently, really not much of a window for warning(and they weren't earthquakes either).

As for preparing ahead of time - just follow the Holy Spirit, and he will guide you into all things.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2013, 06:25:52 am »

This is how people in Morocco survive:

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2013, 09:56:15 am »

Increasing Your Odds of Survival

Today, most Americans believe that the United States is on the verge of a total economic collapse and will soon be entering another Great Depression. The government believes it as well.  However, unlike most Americans, the government is prepared as evidenced by DHS and their recently purchased 2.2 billion rounds of ammunition and 2700 armored personnel carriers.

Only a small percentage of the people are prepared for what is about to happen. Just what does it take to be prepared? How much of this and how much of that, are questions that many preppers ask. Unfortunately, most Americans are not asking any questions at all. Most of these ignorant people will be among the first to die.

There are two major types of crises which could come to our country. We could get lucky and have a soft landing, which will be catastrophic, but survivable. The other possibility is that we will be looking at a complete collapse of everything and this country could become a very dangerous place in which to live. This article examines strategies for dealing with a complete breakdown of our society.   

Economic Collapse

With $200 trillion dollars of unfunded liabilities and corresponding amount in personal debt, it is not a matter of if, but when the economic collapse is coming.

Are you prepared for what could be visited upon in you and your family a moment’s notice, or do you still trust Big Brother to meet your needs?

Here are some things that you and your family might consider stocking up on in order to survive.

Water

Most people can survive for a number of weeks without food, but without water you will die in just a few days. 

Subsequently, where would you procure water if your taps run dry?  If you do not have a plan, this would most likely be the most likely cause of death? Do you have an abundant supply of clean water near your home? Do you have the ability to boil water if you needed to purify it? Gathering water is your number one concern. Do you have a swimming pool? If you are one of the few that has a swimming pool, you need to be able to defend the water because your house will be a target.

Water purification tablets are critical because the water you have access to in a crisis, may not be suitable for drinking. So you may find that water purification tablets and a water filter will prove immeasurably important.

Food

Most families could not last longer than a month on what they have in their house right now. When the economic collapse comes, how long could you survive on what you have? 

You need to start growing food right now. Having your own garden, both in and out of your house is critically important, for if you don’t, when your family runs out of food, you will suddenly find yourselves competing with the desperate mobs of hungry people who are looting the stores and roaming the streets looking for victims in order to steal their food.

Begin to store food, now! Store seeds and plants now. Seeds will be the first item to disappear. So, begin to gather them now. Of course, if you are hungry, the government would be happy to take you to a safe refuge, a FEMA Camp. The question is, will you come out alive?

Avoid Roads Like the Plague

Highways will become death traps as they will be targeted by bad guys, many of who will don military and police uniforms in order lure in unsuspecting people. To a starving and thirsty gang, there is not a better target than a passenger vehicle, a truck or better yet, and RV loaded down with stored food and ammunition.

If you have a bug out location,  plan to leave the very moment that the event happens and get to where you want to be within 72 hours. Once the trouble starts, do not attempt to travel. The government, and the gangsters are equally dangerous during this time.   

Military strategy documents all advise that when governments fail, roads are to be avoided at all costs.

Should You Expatriate?

This is a very controversial question. The world, not just the United States will experience systemic failure. However, America carries a special bulls eye on its collective backs. Why? Well, when President George W. Bush said that “they hate us for our freedoms,” he was half right. The NWO which is using the government to strip America of its civil liberties in the name of fighting terrorists funded by the CIA, do indeed hate us for our freedoms. Therefore, I expect the accompanying political crackdown to much more severe in America than anywhere else.

If expatriation is an option, you better be where you need to be within that 72 hour window, or you are not getting there. My favorite countries that I have considered expatriation to are Norway and Costa Rica.  However, you would be far better off owning a cabin in a remote area, stocked with hidden food, water, guns and lots of ammunition, than attempting to get to a foreign land.

If you come up short on these options, hunker down in your neighborhood. However, you better have a network of like-minded people for community defense against the marauding hordes that will be roaming the streets looking for food and water. And just don’t own a gun, learn how to use it and maintain it.

Prepare Three Day Bug Out Bags

It is possible that you may have to flee your home in order to stay alive. Surviving the first three days in these cases is the first critical challenge. Prepare a bug out bag for each family member and store it in an accessible place.

Some of the items in the bug out bag should contain are sleeping bags, flashlights with extra batteries, guns and ammo, knives, forks, spoons, weather appropriate clothing, toiletries, change of underwear and other clothes, bottled water, snacks, water purification device and tablets, small pot for boiling water, backpacker mini-cook stove with fuel, towel, ability to make fire, flashlight with extra batteries, a first aid kit and medication, fishing line, small fishing hooks, a compass, and your critical papers (ID, birth certificates and bank account books and bank statements.

Prearranged Meeting Place

If you are in your normal 8-5 routine, have a preset place to meet your family. Make sure you coach your children, that under no circumstances, are they get on a school bus that will take them to “safety.”  Schools across America annually practice bus evacuation drills. The problem that I have with these drills is that they never tell the public, or even school authorities what kind of places they will take your children. In a major Denver disaster drill, a couple of years ago, they took busloads of children to Invesco field where the Denver Broncos play football. Does anyone remember the Louisiana Superdome after Hurricane Katrina? And of course, the bus could always head to a FEMA Camp as well.

I have coached my son  onhow to drop out of line to the bus and where to hide until I come and get him. You should practice reuniting both in a vehicle and on foot. I keep a bug out survival bag in my car. Paranoid? Look at the economic numbers that I listed at the top of this article and ask yourself, paranoid, or prepared?

Leave the City

If you are convinced as I am that the collapse is on the near horizon, you should have a bug out location outside of a major metropolitan area and once you see the signs, don’t wait to act, go right away. 

If you cannot get out of the city, you need to give your home a ransacked look and feel.  Throw old clothes and wrappers along with dresser drawers out on the front lawn. Barricade your doors. If you can afford it, by special awnings, now, to go over your windows to prevent easy access. 

Again, if you are departing the city, stay off of the main roads as much as possible. Tray and network and travel in a caravan if possible.

Sanitation

In the third world, the leading cause of death is typically dysentery as water mixes with sewage. In cities, sewers and subsequently toilets will be backing up. If one does not bury excrement properly this too can lead to serious diseases. You will need portable toilets, lots of toilet paper, and bleach to scrub clean the messes.

In major cities, trash disposal will become a major problem as well. It will attract dangerous animals. The disease component will expand exponentially after a week. In these cases, trash should be burned.

Store Medicines

This may be the most difficult aspect of preparation because a lot of life-saving medication (e.g. diabetes, heart pills, asthma inhalers, etc.) are controlled by prescription. First, one should immediately learn about natural remedies and stock up on these products. Secondly, if you can take a tiny bit less of your meds today, without endangering yourself, begin doing so. Ignore the expiration on your medication labels. Medications far outlast the posted dates as Big Pharma wants you to keep coming back. Finally, consider a series of smuggling shopping sprees to Mexico or to Canada.  Empty out old pill bottles and fill them with over the counter medications that you can purchase with medication that matches the labels on the pill boxes. Most immigration officials are not going to challenge something so trivial that appears to be legitimate. Of course, you will have to be judicious in the amount you smuggle back. Keep in mind it is a crime to bring back foreign medication to our country. Oh, I forgot to mention that America is the only country in the world which does not allow its citizens to purchase foreign drugs. Isn’t it nice that your government does such a good job of protecting Big Pharma’s monopoly?

Conclusion

If society experiences a meltdown, the odds for survival are not good. For example, Congress Trent Franks (AZ) produced a video which showed that in the event of an EMP attack, 90% of the people would be dead within two years. Estimates call for a 50% mortality rate in the event of a total economic breakdown. If civil war accompanies a breakdown, the casualty estimates would be impossible to gauge. Either way, the odds are stacked against survival. Preparation does not guarantee survival, but if one does not prepare, they are sealing their own fate. And most of all, do not forget your spirituality, you may need a miracle in the days ahead.

This article, by no means, is meant to represent an exhaustive list for survival needs. Rather the contents listed here are intended to get the reader to reflect on their own preparation and what they could do when disaster strikes.

Part three of this series will look at strategies people may employ in the event of a currency collapse but the country remains relatively intact. There are things that every American should be doing today to prepare for a financial meltdown, for when it starts, no bank account, stock market investment, 401k or pension will be safe from the clutches of the bankster controlled government. 

http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2013/05/29/increasing-your-odds-of-survival/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2013, 12:51:56 pm »

I DISAPPEARED, BUT I AM IN GOOD HANDS

You are welcome to all of this food and water. If you are reading this and I have disappeared, I would like to tell you that I was waiting for the very moment when it happened. I watched for it and longed for it many years before it happened. The news reporters may well be telling you that UFO’s were spotted just before all the Christians disappeared or that radiation caused many people to just disappear. I am sure there will be any number of imaginative ideas, but I assure you that it was neither UFO‘s or radiation etc. Jesus came and took the real Christians to heaven. We had been studying the Bible and expecting it for years and we were ready to go! Unfortunately, it appears that you were not.

First let me assure you that I am fine and so are any of the people you knew (family or friends) that disappeared when I did. We are all in heaven with Jesus taking part in our judgment for the things we tried to accomplish for Jesus while we were on earth. We will come back in about 7 years riding on white horses with Jesus in the lead on his own white horse. You can read about our return in Revelation chapter 19, verses 11 through 14 in the Bible. We will be back, but there are a lot of bad things that are about to happen to the earth in the next few years. You can read about them in the Bible starting in Revelation chapter 6.

I sure wish you had known Jesus before we all left because you could have left the earth with us and been spared the ugly judgments that are about to happen to the people who didn’t know or didn’t care about Jesus. Had you accepted Jesus as your savior before we all disappeared, you would have been raptured with us when we left. Oh, the rapture? You can read about that in 1st Thessalonians chapter 4, verses 13-17 in the Bible. The word ‘rapture’ is actually a Latin word that means “a catching away” and is not a word that is actually used in the Bible, but the meaning is clearly seen in that passage. All of the ‘TRUE’ believers got caught up into the clouds with Jesus when the great trumpet sounded. We are the ’saved’ people spoken of in the Bible. (A lot of religious people either did not really believe the Bible, or they put their faith in some false teaching instead of in the actual words of Jesus in the Bible).

The next few years are going to be real hard for the people on this earth , and most of the people on earth will be killed by catastrophes, diseases, earthquakes, famines and various other dangerous things listed in the book of Revelation in the Bible. The last earthquake listed in Revelation 16:20 will level most of the mountains on this earth. The first one listed in Revelation 6:12 &14 will move every mountain and island out of their places. Let me warn you now that there is a very real possibility that you will not live through the next few years on this earth. God is about to reshape the face of the earth and begin His kingdom, which will last for 1000 years on this earth (Revelation 20:4-7).

I realize that things do not sound good for you, but let me assure you there is hope if you will turn to Jesus now. He was crucified on an old rugged cross many years ago to pay the penalty for your sins, and he wants to save you from the ultimate judgment when you will have to face God at the great white throne judgment (Revelation 20:11-15). The problem is that you have sinned against God, and He is not happy about many of the things you have done in your life when you were disobedient to His laws. Those laws are written in the Bible, and God expects us to find them and obey Him. The size of your sin is not important. To God, stealing a pencil is no different than stealing millions of dollars. He said not to steal (Exodus 20:15). Every sin small or great, and every idle word you have ever spoken (Matthew 12:36), you will have to give account to God for. All sin will be punished in one way or another. Either you accept what Jesus did for you on that old rugged cross when he gave his life a ransom for you, or you will pay for your own sins in the lake of fire for eternity (Revelation 20:11-15). I chose to accept Jesus as my savior! You should too!!! His death on Mount Calvary nearly 2000 years ago paid for the sins of the whole world (1st John 2:2), and the Bible tells us in Isaiah 53:11 that God was satisfied with what Jesus did for us. Romans 10:9-10 and 13 assures us that if you will believe Jesus and call upon him for forgiveness he will forgive you. He wants to save you instead of judge you but it is up to you. All who trust in Jesus will live forever with him, and all who ignore his offer of forgiveness will perish in a lake of fire forever (Revelation 20:15).

You may still choose to believe that there is no God or that you will never have to face Him and answer for your sins, but I assure you that there is and you will! Your only good option is to repent of your sins and ask Jesus to forgive you right now. You may not live through today. Call upon Jesus while you have breath to do so. In the Bible you can learn about what is coming to the earth and about Jesus, the God who became man for thirty-three years and gave his life on that old rugged cross to pay the penalty for your sins. You may die a horrible death in the next few years, but if you will repent of your sins and trust in Jesus now, you will be in heaven with me when you do die. There will be no more tears there! Call upon Jesus while you can. He can hear your prayer right where you are. Now is the day of salvation! Don’t put it off. Tomorrow may not come for you on this earth!

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: