End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 02:00:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Bible condemns drugs and says use herbs as medicine

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bible condemns drugs and says use herbs as medicine  (Read 480 times)
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2011, 10:35:23 pm »

(NaturalNews) Have you ever noticed the huge surge of desire and longing in people to get back to the natural for our healing and medicine? The FDA combined with the drug industry and the media have almost totally erased this knowledge from our minds, and worse yet from our spirits. The FDA may, someday, take the herbs out of the health food stores but even the FDA will never get rid of the weeds. Yes, believe it our not, the weeds are a gift from God and when God gives us something, no one can take it away.

The Bible condemns the use of poisons for medicine and labels it as sorcery, and very plainly tells us that true medicine is leaves. The common name used for medical leaves is herbs. Ps.104:14 says that He has given us "herbs for the service of man."

Almost prophetically, Thomas Jefferson gave us this warning: "If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Remember, this statement was made about 100 years before there ever even was an FDA!

Do you believe for a minute that the government's healthcare plan (under any administration) is designed to help us live longer healthier lives? Do you know how easy it is for medical universities (funded by pharmaceutical companies) to convince new doctors that "drugs save lives"? Have you ever wondered what The Bible says about all this?

Strong's exhaustive concordance of the Bible, which lists every word in the Bible, lists the word "sorcery" as word #5332 and tells us that it is translated from the original Greek word "pharmakon." It gives the definition as: a drug i.e. a spell-giving potion, a druggist or pharmacist, a poisoner.

A pharmacist today has the same Greek title that he had at the time the New Testament was written 2000 years ago, and he is still doing the same thing: dealing in poisonous drugs!

The Bible says that "sorcery", or the use of poisonous drugs, has deceived all nations. "For by thy sorceries (pharmacea) were all nations deceived. And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth". (Revelation 18:23-24).

All nations practice sorcery through the use of drugs, but they are deceived into thinking that it's right. God condemns the merchandising and use of poisonous drugs along with murder and idolatry. Read it in your own Bible. Study it for yourself. If you don't own a concordance, borrow one from your library and see it with your own eyes.

Look in Webster's 2nd Collegiate Dictionary published in 1980 under the word "pharmaceutical." The definition reads: "pharmaceutical" the practice of witchcraft or the use of poison.

The very first place the word "medicine" is used in the Bible is in Proverbs 17:22 and it says, "A merry heart doeth good, like a medicine." If medicine and drugs are the same thing, this would, at first glance, seem to reveal a contradiction in the Bible. This question is answered in the very next text listed in the concordance under medicine: Ezekiel 47:12, "the fruit thereof shall be for meat and the leaf thereof for medicine." The Bible is telling us that medicine is good and it tells us where to obtain it: from the leaves or what we commonly call "herbs".

Sources:
Revelation 18:23-24
Proverbs 17:22
Psalms 104:14
Ezekiel 47:12
Strong's Exhaustive Concordance Of The Bible
Webster's 2nd Collegiate Dictionary

http://www.naturalnews.com/031584_Bible_drug_use.html
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

akfools
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 11:59:12 pm »

You gotta be careful with this though because marijuana is an herb. And most adults that smoke it habitually will claim they use it for some ailment or another. Even though most of the ailments they claim as a reason for smoking it can be treated equally as well if not better by using other different herbs that do not get you high. People will find a reason for whatever they want to abuse. I would much rather see people using herbs and natural food treatments then drugs anyday. It is more effective. Food heals. That is how God designed it. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 03:12:27 am »

One also must consider the source of info too. I'm not aware that NaturalNews is Christian, so anything they say will be based on the law and not grace. In other words, it's carnal advice to say one food is better than another food.

Some Christians get caught up in the definition trap as well, looking to the Strong's and other sources to define what the scriptures say, when it is the Holy Ghost that teaches us what the scriptures mean.

What is "drugs" anyway? According to whom? Food heals? Not according to the New Testament and what Jesus says.

The topic of what to eat or not is such a common topic that Christians get caught up in the law over, when scripture tells us it's a matter of faith and grace...

14   And when he had called all the people [unto him], he said unto them, Hearken unto me every one [of you], and understand: 
15   There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man. 
16   If any man have ears to hear, let him hear. 
17   And when he was entered into the house from the people, his disciples asked him concerning the parable. 
18   And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, [it] cannot defile him; 
19   Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats? 
20   And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man. 
21   For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, 
22   Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: 
23   All these evil things come from within, and defile the man. 
Matthew 7:14-23 (KJB)

7   [Ye] hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, 
8   This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with [their] lips; but their heart is far from me. 
9   But in vain they do worship me, teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men. 
10   And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand: 
11   Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man. 
12   Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying? 
13   But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up. 
14   Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch. 
15   Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable. 
16   And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding? 
17   Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught? 
18   But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. 
19   For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: 
20   These are [the things] which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man. 
Matthew 15:7-20 (KJB)

14   I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that [there is] nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him [it is] unclean. 
15   But if thy brother be grieved with [thy] meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died. 
16   Let not then your good be evil spoken of: 
17   For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. 
18   For he that in these things serveth Christ [is] acceptable to God, and approved of men. 
19   Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another. 
20   For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed [are] pure; but [it is] evil for that man who eateth with offence. 
21   [It is] good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor [any thing] whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak. 
22   Hast thou faith? have [it] to thyself before God. Happy [is] he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth. 
23   And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because [he eateth] not of faith: for whatsoever [is] not of faith is sin. 
Romans 14:14-23 (KJB)

1   Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth. 
2   And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know. 
3   But if any man love God, the same is known of him. 
4   As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that [there is] none other God but one. 
5   For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) 
6   But to us [there is but] one God, the Father, of whom [are] all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom [are] all things, and we by him. 
7   Howbeit [there is] not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat [it] as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled. 
8   But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse. 
9   But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak. 
10   For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols; 
11   And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died? 
12   But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ. 
13   Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend. 
1 Corinthians 8 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
akfools
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 03:32:21 am »

Yes, proper diet (good food) heals. Real food. So many things we consume these days are not even edible. There are poisons hidden within many foods, that God never intended to be there. Do you not see any wisdom to the levitical dietary laws? Or natural vs laboratory made. Give me a break! Being under grace and not the law does not mean we have to be stupid and ignorant. Should we just eat Mc Donalds all the time and expect for it to not effect our walk in the Spirit? It is carnal advice to speak out and inform others about bad things and poisons they are trying to get us to put into our bodies? I dont think so. I agree that Mike Adams isnt a Christian from what I have heard him say and that he is only picking and choosing parts of God's Word to his advantage, carnally. A lot of people, especially Christians take diet and health too far. There is no such thing as a perfect diet.
 What are drugs? What are you defending about them?  Huh Drugs are bad ehhmm k Grin
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 04:14:27 am by akfools » Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 04:16:08 am »

"Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?" Matthew 15:17 (KJB)

25   And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? 
26   He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? 
27   And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. 
28   And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.
Luke 10:25-28 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
2BeNoticed

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 05:01:00 pm »

99% of all drugs are derived from a plant/botanical  source. Scientist extract different essences from the plant and categorizes each unique molecular signature and slap a name on the unique molecular signature and call it a chemical, basically.  I think God will be mad if you take medicine, but he would be mad if you practice anything without faith.

Romans 14:22-23
"So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves. But the man who has doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin" (Romans 14:22-23) - Everything that Does Not Come from Faith is Sin
Report Spam   Logged
2BeNoticed

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 09:11:21 pm »

99% of all drugs are derived from a plant/botanical  source. Scientist extract different essences from the plant and categorizes each unique molecular signature and slap a name on the unique molecular signature and call it a chemical, basically.  I think God will be mad if you take medicine, but he would be mad if you practice anything without faith.

Romans 14:22-23
"So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves. But the man who has doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin" (Romans 14:22-23) - Everything that Does Not Come from Faith is Sin

I am so sorry I made a typo error I meant to say I do not think God will be angry if you take medicine, but I do believe any practice done without faith is sin.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: