End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 06:45:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Christian University Stands by Decision to Keep Bill Cosby as Speaker at Benefit

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christian University Stands by Decision to Keep Bill Cosby as Speaker at Benefit  (Read 704 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2014, 12:22:46 pm »

http://www.christianpost.com/news/christian-university-stands-by-decision-to-keep-bill-cosby-as-speaker-at-benefit-dinner-despite-outcry-from-sexual-assault-victims-group-130003/
Christian University Stands by Decision to Keep Bill Cosby as Speaker at Benefit Dinner, Despite Outcry From Sexual Assault Victims Group
11/20/14

Officials at a West Tennessee Christian University sparked a fiery debate over Christian values Wednesday for standing by their decision to invite embattled comedian Bill Cosby to serve as keynote speaker for the school's benefit dinner scheduled for next month, despite outcry from an advocacy group for victims of sexual assault.

David Brown, leader of the Memphis Chapter of Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests, charged in a WREG report that if the officials at Freed-Hardeman University — a private Christian institution associated with the churches of Christ — go ahead with plans to host Bill Cosby at their benefit dinner on Dec. 5, he will protest.

Cosby, who declared in a New York Post report in 2013 that, "I am a Christian" is facing mounting allegations of **** from multiple women. The allegations have resulted in him being dropped from projects with NBC, Netflix and TV Land, according to CNN. Freed-Hardeman University, however, is standing by its position, infuriating Brown.

"If he does show up Dec. 5 to the auditorium, I'll be out there protesting, and I won't be alone," Brown threatened, according to WREG.

"I know this is about raising money, but you can raise money more admirably than this," he continued.

Brown explained that he sent a letter to the university, saying, "If you keep him as your keynote speaker, your fine university will hurt so many, and you will never know the harm that you have done."

In a response to his letter, Brown said the university noted: "oh, we are glad you got healed from your problem; however, we are still going to go forward."

In interviews with The Christian Post on Thursday, officials at the university noted that the decision to invite Cosby to speak at the benefit dinner was made in the spring and pointed to a statement on the school's Facebook page as their official response to the fiasco.

"Our 50th FHU Benefit Dinner remains scheduled for Friday, Dec. 5, to focus on our main goal — providing an avenue for donors to invest in the students' lives. We committed to a contract with Bill Cosby many months ago after soliciting input from alumni and friends," began the statement.

"While recent developments have drawn attention to our event because of the speaker, we hope that people will remember: 1.) this dinner is about helping students, and 2.) while we are reading stories in the media, they represent real people whose lives will be affected long after FHU's dinner has passed. Please join us in praying for healing and peace for those involved," it ended.

Frank M. Smith Jr., executive vice president at Simmons College of Kentucky and senior pastor/founder at Christ's Church for Our Community who is also an alumnus of the university, said the school's response was appropriate.

"This is an excellent opportunity for FHU to make a bold, compassionate advance for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. To have open arms and receive one who is undergoing the personal trauma of allegations is consistent with the grace and mercy of our Lord," he noted in a response to the university's statement.

"The criticizing world only knows how to accuse and condemn. Christ presents a gracious alternative that we all find ourselves beneficiaries. Sometimes the providence of the Lord is so timely — all He needs from His redeemed people is to respond in a redemptive manner as a follow-through on whatever His plan and purpose may be. The students need the benefit dinner to proceed, but Bill Cosby needs the healing touch of Christ-followers. This event could prove to be a most pivotal turning point in his life," he said.

Cosby has refused to respond to any of the **** allegations so far. The AP released video footage from an interview it conducted earlier this month in which Cosby was surprised by questions about the allegations and then asked the reporter to "scuttle" the section of the interview declining to address the matter.

"No, no, we don't answer that," Cosby told the AP reporter who continued to push for a response. "There is no comment about that and I'll tell you why. I think you were told, I don't want to compromise your integrity, but I don't talk about it."

With the cameras still rolling at the end of that exchange Cosby asked: "Now can I get something from you? That none of that will be shown? …I would appreciate it if it was scuttled. I think if you want to consider yourself to be serious, that it will not appear anywhere."

Penny Nance, president and CEO of Concerned Women for America, the nation's largest public policy organization for women, said she believes Cosby's decision not to comment on the allegations is based on advice from his lawyers.

"I think that he is listening to his lawyers. Any kind of ongoing investigation, particularly a criminal investigation, people usually don't talk, so it's not surprising," she told CP on Thursday.

"**** is a very serious allegation and it breaks my heart because I grew up watching the 'Cosbys' like many, many Americans; and I have this idyllic view of Bill Cosby and I hope that it's wrong, but it has to be fully and vigorously investigated," Nance said.

"I've only heard one side of the story, but the thing that bothers me is that this isn't just one woman. There has been smoke and innuendo to this effect for a couple of decades and so I don't want to believe that. I think that he has done some beautiful work and he's done some important things in our culture and America loves him. But if he is a rapist he needs to suffer the consequences, these women deserve justice," she said.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: