End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 05:14:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

US Scholars Back Isolation Of Israel / American anti-semitism

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: US Scholars Back Isolation Of Israel / American anti-semitism  (Read 6710 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2015, 06:28:09 am »

Lena Dunham blasted for 'tasteless' 'Dog or Jewish Boyfriend?' article

Lena Dunham came under fire on Friday for an article published in the New Yorker that Jewish groups are calling “tasteless” and “offensive.”

The piece, a quiz titled “Dog or Jewish Boyfriend?” asks readers to guess which of the two Dunham is referring to in each of 35 descriptive statements.

“He doesn’t tip,” Dunham writes. “And he never brings his wallet anywhere.”

The Anti-Defamation League, the world’s preeminent Jewish advocacy group, said that while humor is subjective, Dunham’s article missed the mark.

“The piece is particularly troubling because it evokes memories of the ‘No Jews or Dogs Allowed’ signs from our own early history in this country, and also because, in a much more sinister way, many in the Muslim world today hatefully refer to Jews as ‘dogs,'” ADL National Director Abraham H. Foxman said in a statement.

“While we understand that humor is its own special brand of expression and always try to give leeway to comedians, we wish that she had chosen another, less insensitive way to publicly reflect on her boyfriend’s virtues and vices,” Foxman added, saying the article “plays with offensive stereotypes” about Jews.

“We are surprised that the New Yorker chose to print it,” he said.

Dunham and the New Yorker were inundated with tweets condemning the article — which appears in the magazine’s Mar. 30 issue — and most of the criticism came from self-proclaimed Dunham fans or longtime New Yorker readers.

“I am so disappointed in both of you,” one Twitter user wrote. As a huge Lena fan and a Jewish woman I am appalled.”

Seriously, @NewYorker? Readers deserve better writers than .@lenadunham.

— gonzo snape (@gonzarro) March 24, 2015

@NewYorker @lenadunham good to see that anti-semitism is still alive and well!!!!

— autumn (@autumnnnnrose) March 24, 2015

This piece is truly awful. MT “@NewYorker: Dog or Jewish Boyfriend? A quiz by @lenadunham http://t.co/7KJvLA29LR pic.twitter.com/AgxFwH7hZr”

— kristen b (@sighclub) March 25, 2015

@NewYorker should be ashamed for publishing this it is incredibly antisemitic, way to keep offensive Jewish stereotypes alive @lenadunham

— brojenny (@brojenny) March 25, 2015

@NewYorker @lenadunham as a serial Jewish boyfriend, I am not amused…could have been written by Goebbels…Or Himmler

— Howard Shuman (@microbe_man) March 26, 2015

@NewYorker @lenadunham been reading this magazine for 25 years. And I am appalled by this.

— TV Mama (@Tarrenn) March 26, 2015

@NewYorker @lenadunham I am so disappointed in both of you. As a huge Lena fan and a Jewish woman I am appalled

— Amy (@AbFabAmy) March 26, 2015

2015 TheWrap news inc. All rights reserved.

http://www.bostonherald.com/inside_track/celebrity_news/2015/03/lena_dunham_blasted_for_tasteless_dog_or_jewish_boyfriend

Lena Dunham Compares Jews to Dogs

Self-proclaimed sexual abuser of her sister Lena Dunham has now turned her rapier wit to the quaint anti-Semitic custom generally reserved for Nazis and radical Muslims of comparing Jews with dogs. Writing in The New Yorker, Dunham penned a piece comparing her dog to her Jewish boyfriend, asking, “Do the following statements refer to (a) my dog or (b) my Jewish boyfriend?”

She then lists a series of descriptions ranging from the silly to the blatantly anti-Jewish. “He’s crazy for cream cheese,” she writes (presumably about her boyfriend). “If it were up to him, every room in our place would be carpeted,” she jokes (presumably about her dog).

Then she gets to the anti-Semitic. “[H]e comes from a culture in which mothers focus every ounce of their attention on their offspring and don’t acknowledge their own need for independence as women. They are sucked by their children, who ultimately leave them as soon as they find suitable mates,” she writes, presumably about her boyfriend (who may be a dog). “As a result of this dynamic, he expects to be waited on hand and foot by the women in his life, and anything less than that makes him whiny and distant.”

Jews are cheap, too, Dunham writes. “He doesn’t tip,” says Dunham. Jews are also Woody Allen-style hypochondriacs: “He has a sensitive stomach and has to take two Dramamine before entering any moving vehicle…Every week it’s some new health issue: urine crystals, sprained foot, beef allergy.” Jews are also hairy! “In fact, he has hair all over his body, like most males who share his background.” And Jews are desperate for hot shikses:

One spring afternoon, we walked to Dumbo to check out a new artisanal-Popsicle stand, when we ran into my friend Jill. Jill is actually more of an acquaintance—I don’t know her well, but I really like her; she curates high-end terrariums and she’s a clog designer on the side. She’s really slim and well dressed, in an all-American, J. Crew-model sort of way. He was immediately all over her, panting and making a fool of himself. It was humiliating. Because here’s the thing: I am not a Jill. I will never be a Jill. And if that’s what he is looking for—some anorexic hipster with a glossy braid and freaking Swedish clog boots she sewed by hand—he should never have set his sights on me in the first place.

The anti-Semitic voice of a generation strikes again.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/lena-dunham-compares-jews-dogs
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: