End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 03:42:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

US Scholars Back Isolation Of Israel / American anti-semitism

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: US Scholars Back Isolation Of Israel / American anti-semitism  (Read 6725 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2015, 06:35:12 pm »

Anti-Israel Events Skyrocketing on U.S. Campuses
Universities were themselves complicit in the events.

The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) released a new report last week showing a significant increase in anti-Israel activity on American university campuses over the 2014-2015 academic year.

According to Arutz Sheva News, no fewer than 150 explicitly anti-Israel events were held in the fall of this year alone - a marked increase from 105 such events in the same period last year.

Universities were themselves complicit in the anti-Israel events, reports Arutz Sheva: at least 15 of the events were sponsored or co-sponsored by universities such as UC Berkley, Drew University, and John Jay College of Criminal Justice.

At least 10% of the events were co-sponsored by student groups whose primary missions do not include a focus on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Jonathan A. Greenblatt, the CEO of ADL, says:

“Student groups at a number of campuses are sponsoring a range of programs and initiatives designed with one goal: to isolate, defame and delegitimize Israel. Many of these efforts have resulted in increased tension between students and have fostered a hostile atmosphere for pro-Israel and Jewish students. We are particularly concerned by the support these initiatives have received from faculty members.”

“The tactics employed by the BDS movement - along with the continued efforts by anti-Israel student groups seeking to stifle discourse about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and Israel in general through disruption and defamation - is a deeply troubling phenomenon that has contributed to an atmosphere at some institutions where Jewish and pro-Israel students feel uncomfortable voicing their views or even asserting their Jewish identity."

Greenblatt also noted that

"BDS is not an effort designed to engender a peaceful resolution of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. It does not seek to achieve a two-state solution that benefits all parties. Instead, it seeks to undermine the Jewish State of Israel. It’s an agenda of anti-normalization that demonizes Israel and its citizens simply because of their identity."

"This is the antithesis of constructive dialogue that the university should embody. In practice, the BDS movement’s indiscriminate targeting of individuals based solely on their national origin and irrespective of views or actions is inherently anti-Semitic. While most incidents of anti-Semitism on campus are not generated by BDS, anti-Israel activity can often cross the line to anti-Semitism or foster an atmosphere in which anti-Semitic stereotypes are tolerated.”

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/anti-israel-events-skyrocketing-us-campuses
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2015, 08:42:29 pm »

How Hitler-Era Brown Shirts Took Over Hunter College

For the first time in the 21st century and on the American campus, legitimate economic grievances, specific to New York City, specific to the United States, have been tied to Zionism.

Led by a screaming woman in hijab and a man, assisted by the usual outside agitators, students screamed themselves hoarse at Hunter College, a branch of City University of New York not far from where I live just a few days ago.

“Zionism out of CUNY!” “Zionists out of CUNY!” “Intifada, Intifada” was chanted, screamed, roared, over and over again. You may see it here and here.

Their demands for pay parity for adjunct professors is just and long overdue. Their demands for “tuition-free education, the cancellation of all student debt, a minimum wage of $15.00 for campus workers” is, perhaps, more idealistic as well as economically challenging.

However, their demands for “an end to racial and economic segregation in education, racialized college-acceptance practices, work program requirements for students on public assistance, and an end to the rapid gentrification and privatization of public school property” verges on the surreal and smacks of Occupy Wall Street and the Ferguson riots.

The next demand is obscene.

“We demand CUNY divests from Israel, companies that maintain Zionist occupation, private prisons, and prison labor…the Zionist administration invests in Israeli companies, companies that support the Israeli occupation, hosts birthright programs and study abroad programs in occupied Palestine, and reproduces settler-colonial ideology throughout CUNY through Zionist content of education. While CUNY aims to produce the next generation of professional Zionists, SJP (Student for Justice in Palestine) aims to change the university to fight for all people’s liberation.”

What’s Israel got to do with these domestic campus issues? Absolutely nothing—but in the mind of these Muslim Brotherhood indoctrinated students it has come to symbolize every conceivable injustice, both real and imagined; it has come to justify the stabbing, bombing, and car-ramming of Jewish civilians everywhere, especially but not exclusively in Israel or, as we saw on Friday in Paris, against Israelis—and the anti-Israel boycotts undertaken by the EU and by American academic organizations.

I have long referred to CUNY as the Communist University of New York because both the faculty and administration lean far left. If there is indoctrination going on, that indoctrination is anti-Israel and pro-Palestine; it is certainly not pro-Israel and anti-Palestine. But these paranoid ravings, this scapegoating of Jews, Zionists, and Israel for the very crimes being committed by Arab terrorists and their supporters, which include large chunks of the American professoriate, is what the new totalitarianism sounds like.

Should Jews and Christians be allowed to pray on the Temple Mount?

If there is intimidation, bullying and Blood Libels on campus it is anti-Semitism/anti-Zionism, not Islamophobia or anti-Arab-a-phobia, and it is coming from the Muslim-Brotherhood inspired Left; from Islamic-inspired and Christian liberation theology inspired Jew-hatred among angry African-Americans; from the anti-Zionist/anti-Semitic behaviors of the world’s political leaders; and from the silence of our own professoriate—a silence which amounts to complicity as well as to cowardice.

This “million student march” throughout all of CUNY was endorsed by the NYC Students for Justice in Palestine, a creation of the Muslim Brotherhood, a terrorist organization outlawed in Egypt; by their cells at Hunter College, the College of Staten Island (where I taught for nearly 30 years), John Jay College (where I taught for a semester), by the Law School at CUNY, and by St. Joseph’s College and Pace College.

The Students for Justice in Palestine and the Muslim Student Association must be stopped. They are supported by a terrorist organization and should not be allowed on an American campus. They are not a “club.” They are Brown-shirts on the move.

Students who have been taught that is it permissible to shout speakers down, interrupt and heckle them, force out distinguished academics, compel payment for outside non-academic rabble rousers, feel empowered by totalitarian Group Think, conduct angry rallies like this one at Hunter College are no better than Hitler-era Brown-shirts. They are not behaving like college students.

They should be emphatically condemned by the administration, and either expelled or de-programmed, whatever works.

Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/54373/how-hitler-era-brown-shirts-took-over-hunter-college-opinion/#X8oVslOu3PDXVBez.99
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2015, 07:53:48 pm »

Cambridge Professor Refuses to Answer Israeli School Girl's Question About Horses
Because taking out her warped social justice views on an adolescent is the "mature" thing to do.

If you thought you'd heard it all concerning the deplorable anti-Israel behavior of members of academia, think again. Dr. Marsha Levine, a Cambridge University researcher and expert on the domestication of horses, reportedly received a letter from a 13-year-old Israeli girl seeking help with a school assignment about horses. So how did Levine (presumably Jewish) respond?

The exchange, which was posted on Facebook by Shachar Rabinovitch, the Israeli girl's mother, follows below:

Hello!

My name is Shachar Rabinovitch and I'm from Israel.

I'm doing an assessment for school about horses, and it will be great if you can answer a few questions that I will ask.

1. What ancient horses breeds preserved and were a base to the breeds we know today?

2. How did the ancient humens created new breeds or kept the ones who already were existent?

3. What ancient horse breed the ancient humens used the most and what were those uses?

4. Where did the ancient horses breeds lived?

Thank you for reading my questions, Shachar Rabinovitch

Sr. Levine's reply follows:

Dear Shachar Rabinovich:

I'll answer your questions when there is peace and justice for Palestinians in Palestine.

I am a member of Jews for Justice for Palestinians (http://jfjfp.com). I support Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions. You might be a child, but if you are old enough to write to me, you are old enough to learn about Israeli history and how it has impacted on the lives of Palestinian people. Maybe your family has the same views as I do, but I doubt it. So, I suggest that you look at this link: http://jfjfp.com/?page_id=338

yours sincerely

Dr Marsha Levine

Only in the warped mind of someone so self-hating and with a completely broken moral compass would one even fathom to speak to a child this way.

Levine, who is apparently also an amateur photographer, has her own website which can be accessed here. Hopefully she and her "work" will be boycotted too.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/cambridge-professor-refuses-answer-israeli-school-girls-question-about-horses
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2015, 06:46:42 pm »

CNN host equates Jewish terror with Islamic terror

CNN host Ashleigh Banfield equated Jewish terrorists with Islamic terrorists.  On air.  With a straight face.

Her guest was Jeffrey Lord, who had the patience of a saint.  Banfield repeatedly interrupted him in order to make her case, as if having a guest was secondary to the main point of the host being heard.  And she spoke to him in an incredibly patronizing way, managing to sound like a child who knows more than and better than someone as intelligent and distinguished as Lord.

Here’s how part of the exchange went down.  (Of note, right from the get-go, you knew it was going to be a set-up, whereby Banfield would play the role of the innocent, whilst she had unearthed some obscure information to be brought forth at just the right, “Ah-ha, you see!” moment.  And, indeed, that is how it unfolded.)

AB: You know, I gotta ask you. Someone was so clever this morning, Jeffrey. If you supplant the word “Jews” for “Muslims” in a lot of the rhetoric that that we’ve had this morning, I think people would find it sort of cringe-worthy and reminiscent of a really ugly time in our history. Imagine a customs and border patrol agent, Jeffrey, asking someone “Are you a Jew?” How would that go over?

Banfield is unaware or pretending to be unaware that jihadists frequently question the religion of their targets, releasing Muslims and then slaughtering Christians and Jews.  “Are you a Jew?” is understood every day around the world, and particularly in Israel.  An answer in the affirmative will get you killed.

JL: Well, Ashley, look, first of all, there are no Jews that are coming in here to destroy America. They’re coming in here to get away from these people.

AB: Okaaay.

AB: I mean, we have a problem, and saying that we don’t have a problem is suicidal. It brought death to these Americans in California.

Drum roll.  Prepare for Banfield’s revelation of what she was champing at the bit to talk about all along.

AB: Yeah. I gotta, I gotta. You know what? I’m going to tell ya’ something. There’s a guy named John Pistole, who just recently was running the TSA. Uh, real venerable guy. He, before that was with the FBI. He was an executive assistant director for counter terror and counter intelligence and he sat before Congress in 2004 and he testified – and this is to your point about there are no Jews coming to hurt Americans – he testified about, from a period of 1980 to 1985 there were 18 terrorist attacks in the United States committed by Jews. Fifteen of them by members of the Jewish Defense League. The head of the Jewish Defense League was in jail awaiting trial on charges of trying to bomb a mosque in Culver City, trying to bomb Darrell Issa’s office, an Arab American. What are you talking about?! There have been Jewish terrorist attacks! Should we therefore ask no Jews to please apply for a visa?

JL:  Ashley, are you really saying to me that there is an international Jewish conspiracy to take over the world?  I mean, which, radical --

AB: I’m telling you (holds up piece of paper with highlighted information about Jewish terrorism) that there have been that many terrorist attacks committed by Jews and no one’s suggesting for a minute that all Jews should be wiped out of this country from visiting. (Bizarre, disingenuous, grin accompanied by a childish and patronizing tone of voice.) It’s the same thing.

JL: (After repeated attempts to interrupt her seemingly endless ridiculous rant.) No it is not the same thing, Ashley. The motive here is to set up a caliphate to remake the entire world in the image of radical Islam. That’s what’s going on --

AB: The crazies, yes! Not the Muslims! The crazies!

JL: (Attempts to speak, but is talked over.)

AB: There are 1.5 or 1.6 billion Muslims and the majority are not crazy like that. The majority are like everybody.

And on it went.

There is so much one could say about that exchange.  None of it good.  Most of it speaks for itself.

I will simply address Banfield’s final assertion (that she plucked out of thin air) by sharing this video by Ben Shapiro called “The Myth of the Tiny Radical Muslim Minority.”

It’s amazing how much madness leftists can be packed into less than 3 minutes.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/12/cnn_host_equates_jewish_terror_with_islamic_terror.html#ixzz3tsH7zxzU
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2016, 06:53:46 pm »

US church pension board blacklists Israeli banks

Israel issued no response Wednesday to a decision a day earlier by the United Methodist Church to put five Israeli banks on a list of companies it will not invest in, with one official saying the decision could be overturned at the church’s general meeting in May.

The United Methodist Church, a Protestant denomination numbering more than seven million members in the United States and about 12 million worldwide, announced on Tuesday that it would place the banks on its blacklist because of their role in financing settlement activity beyond the Green Line.

The banks are Bank Hapoalim, Bank Leumi, First International Bank of Israel, Israel Discount Bank and Bank Mizrahi-Tefahot. According to The New York Times, they were among 39 companies from a number of countries that were excluded from the pension board’s portfolio for not meeting its Human Rights Investment Policy guideline.

The only two banks in which the fund is actually invested, however, are Hapoalim and Leumi.

Sources in Jerusalem said that this is likely not the last word on the matter, and that there are those within the church opposed to the move who are expected to fight it at the May meeting.

Despite the blacklist, the United Methodist Church remains invested in other Israeli companies. Its membership rejected a prior effort in 2012 to institute a complete divestiture of all companies with ties to Israel.

Israel’s banks remained mum on the issue, with some deferring their silence to the Association of Banks in Israel, which also had nothing to say on the economic, political, or financial implications of the blacklisting.

The fund remains invested in a slew of other Israeli companies, including Teva, Checkpoint, Nice, Israel Chemicals, Israel Corp., Cellcom and Wix.

Thus far, there is little evidence that the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement has succeeded in exacting a price from Israel’s economy, though several studies say that a broad-based effort in Europe could inflict economic pain.

Last year the Episcopal Church in the US, with some 1.8 million members, voted down a divestiture measure, and another church, the Mennonite Church USA, with some 950,000 adherents, delayed a vote on a similar measure for two years.

The United Church of Christ, with a membership of about 1 million, approved a divestment resolution in 2015.

The American Jewish Committee issued a statement criticizing the decision, saying the action was requested by the BDS movement which rejects a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

“Targeting Israeli businesses is precisely what BDS activists seek, though this kind of action does nothing to bring about real Israeli-Palestinian peace,” said Rabbi Noam Marans, AJC director of interreligious and intergroup relations. “The Methodist Pension Board action against Israeli companies is deeply disappointing, and goes against the UMC’s rejection of BDS at its 2012 General Conference.”

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Politics-And-Diplomacy/A-BDS-victory-US-church-pension-board-blacklists-Israeli-banks-441348
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2016, 07:37:41 pm »

Obama Joins Israel Boycott, Labels West Bank Goods

In a step towards joining an Israel boycott, the U.S. is now requiring goods originating from the West Bank (also known as Judea and Samaria) to be labeled separately from products from the rest of Israel, following the European Union’s crackdown on products from the disputed territories.

The U.S. Customs and Border Protection service, which falls under the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), has issued new mandates requiring that West Bank products not be marked “Israel,” citing a notice from the year 1997 that offers such instructions.

The memo from DHS, titled, “West Bank Country of Origin Marking Requirements,” reads: 

“The purpose of this message is to provide guidance to the trade community regarding the country of origin marking requirements for goods that are manufactured in the West Bank.”

According to the instructions, “It is not acceptable to mark” goods from the West Bank as having been from “Israel,” “Made in Israel,” or from “Occupied Territories-Israel.”

In its statement, U.S. Customs threatens, “goods that are erroneously marked as products of Israel will be subject to an enforcement action carried out by U.S. Customs and Border Protection.”

“Goods entering the United States must conform to the U.S. marking statute and regulations promulgated thereunder,” the statement adds.

Groups advocating “boycott, divestment, and sanctions” (BDS) against Israel have demanded separate labeling of Israeli goods from the West Bank and the Golan Heights as a step toward a total boycott of Israeli products.

Israel maintains that under international law, the West Bank is “disputed,” and not “occupied,” since there was no legitimate sovereign in the territory when Israel took control of it in self-defense after Jordan attacked Israel in 1967.

Many of the products that will be affected are made within areas of the West Bank, such as the Etzion bloc, are likely to be part of Israel under any peace agreement.

The new instructions were published by DHS over the weekend, following complaints from Palestinian and fringe leftist outfits that the U.S. was not complying with a 1995 law that calls for the marking of goods from the West Bank, Israel National News reports.

In November, the European Union mandated the labeling of Israeli products from the West Bank and the Golan Heights. Critics, including presidential candidates, have argued the labeling of products only from “Israeli areas” of the West Bank, and not Palestinian-controlled territories, is a discriminatory and anti-Semitic act.

The EU now refuses to allow the label “Made in Israel” on products made anywhere outside of the pre-1967 lines.

Following the implementation of EU labeling mandates, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called the actions an “exceptional and discriminatory step.”

“This will not advance peace; it will certainly not advance truth and justice,” he added.

Last week, the State Department effectively endorsed the anti-Israel labeling measures.

On Wednesday, to mark Holocaust Remembrance day, President Obama pledged to confront worldwide anti-Semitism:

“Here, tonight, we must confront the reality that around the world, anti-Semitism is on the rise. We cannot deny it,” he said from the Israeli Embassy in Washington, D.C.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/28/report-obama-joins-israel-boycott/
Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2016, 07:41:57 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2016, 01:46:25 am »

Boycott Israel movement now facing … surging boycott
Colorado lawmakers approve plan to divest funds from companies that target Middle East ally

For more than a decade, there’s been a worldwide campaign on behalf of Palestinians telling companies, universities and others who handle large amounts of cash to avoid doing any business that would in any way help Israel.

It’s called the BDS movement – for boycott, divestment and sanctions – against Israel until some point at which the Middle East democracy would give up enough land, power or rights to satisfy the Palestinians.

The activists apply pressure wherever they think there might be a response.

For example, the “Palestinian BDS National Committee” recently issued a statement calling on Oscar award nominees to reject an “Israel propaganda trip.”

The trip involved travel vouchers supplied by the Israeli government “as part of the gift bag” given to nominees in some categories.

But those institutions and organizations that have given in to boycott demands now are facing a boycott themselves – for participating in the boycott.

The most recent move came in Colorado, where the Business Journal reports investors for more than half a million retired Colorado workers soon probably will have to pull money from companies that divested from Israel.

That’s after the state Senate approved a bill that would require the state pension funds to take that action.

It’s a bipartisan move, sponsored by Reps. Dominick Moreno, D-Commerce City, and Dan Nordberg, R-Colorado Springs.

It requires that the state’s Public Employees’ Retirement Association first identify companies that prohibit business with Israel and then to divest all direct holdings from that company.

It puts the BDS movement in bad company, since the state earlier required in the law the withdrawal of funds from companies that support the Sudanese government. The pension fund board has its own policy against doing business with companies that interact with Iran.

According to a report from JTA.org, Colorado is among the leaders of the boycott-the-boycotters movement, but far from alone.

“California, Florida, Illinois, New York, Pennsylvania and Tennessee have passed or are considering bills or resolutions taking action against the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement against Israel,” the report said.

Reports say that Colorado’s governor, John Hickenlooper, supports the legislation, and the Senate vote was 25-9.

The Colorado House previously has approved the idea, 54-10, and the bill now is heading to a conference committee for the last details to be agreed.

Colorado’s state pension fund has $47 billion in assets.

The Journal report said a minority of Democrats opposes the plan because, as Sen. Linda Newell, D-Littleton, claimed, “It’s a deliberate poke in the eye to those trying to achieve peace.”

The pension fund board also has said it doesn’t want any limits on what it can do.

But the Journal said, “Legislators argued differently, saying companies that try to undermine the economic stability of America’s top ally in the Middle East should not be supported by public funding.”

“My concern is how sanctions are being used against Israel to raise expectations of ‘conflict resolution,'” Sen. Kent Lambert, a Colorado Springs Republican, told the Journal.

“Boycotting Israel economically is an act of war. It is not conflict resolution,” he said.

There have been several other recent controversies involving the movement, too.

The Jerusalem Post reported earlier this week a Methodist pension fund divestment of $21 billion from five Israeli banks “to appease” the Untied Methodist Kairos Response may have been in violation of the fund’s own rules.

“When the decision to divest from Israeli banks was finalized, UMKR and other BDS organizations were ecstatic, but complaints from pension holders poured in. Even senior executives at the pension have been brave enough to voice their outrage. Rhys Read, the controller and treasurer of the Methodist pension, believes the Israeli divestment decision ‘has now resulted in grave reputational and potential financial risks. The decision to divest is not in accordance with our investment policy,'” the Post report said.

The report said a contractor used to identify companies was biased, and the “pension board has not been able to come up with any objective criteria to explain their decision.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/03/boycott-israel-movement-now-facing-surging-boycott/#5VMW9Z0g4FEF8VvT.99
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2016, 06:58:23 pm »

Univ. of California Approves 'Softer' Anti-Semitism Statement
"Anti-Semitic forms of anti-Zionism"

The University of California Board of Regents unanimously approved a watered-down statement condemning anti-Semitism on campus. The statement says the university would not tolerate anti-Semitism "but rejected a proposal to equate anti-Zionism with religious bigotry."

Pro-Palestinian campus activists, however, say they are simply voicing legitimate criticism of Israel, which, they say, is being misconstrued, creating a pretext for pro-Israeli activists to squelch the Arab side of the Mideast debate.

The regents rebuffed draft language that would have broadly defined opposition to Israel as anti-Jewish bigotry, with the board instead voting to disapprove "anti-Semitic forms of anti-Zionism."

Critics of the proposed statement said that "a blanket condemnation of anti-Zionism as anti-Semitism, as contained in the original draft, would have trampled academic freedom and opened the university to costly litigation."

The Pro-Palestinian movement said the latest statement was merely and attempt to silence political criticism of Israel, including the BDS movement to withdraw investment from Israel.

One student cited an example of such "criticism" when the phrase "Zionists should be sent to the gas chamber" was painted on a building at UC Berkeley "after a student senate campaign calling for university divestment from U.S. companies doing business with Israel."

Some students felt the amended language of the statement still confused Israel as a political issue and anti-Jewish bias.

"Anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism have very little to do with each other," said Tallie Ben Daniel, an academic advisory council coordinator for the group Jewish Voice for Peace.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/univ-california-approves-softer-anti-semitism-statement
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2016, 02:29:36 pm »

Video Exposes Anti-Israel Indoctrination Happening in American High Schools
"Masquerading as 'Critical Thinking.'"

A new video has been released by Americans for Peace and Tolerance (APT) that exposes an alarming new trend of anti-Israel indoctrination happening in American high schools and middle schools.

The pattern of bias and bigotry against Jews and Israel is most noted at Newton South High School, found in an affluent suburb west of Boston. Concerned parents there are meeting resistance from school officials that defend the curriculum which APT has discovered comes from very suspect sources.

A statement accompanies the film's release, detailing its many findings:

Newton's high schools have used Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) maps that falsify the history of the Arab-Israeli conflict. Newton students were not told that the maps were created by the PLO's propaganda unit.
    Newton's schools presented students with a falsified version of the Hamas Charter. In Newton's doctored version the word "Jews" – as a target of hatred -- is replaced with the word "Zionists."
    In one lesson, Newton students are asked to consider the Jewish state's right to exist. (The legitimacy of no other nation-state's existence is questioned.) The lesson included "expert" opinions, which are drawn overwhelmingly from anti-Israel academics and anti-Semitic activists.
    A book used in Newton high schools has a recommended reading list that includes the extremist writings by Muslim Brotherhood leaders including Sayyid Qutb, and Yusuf Qaradawi, whose sermons call for the murder of Jews and homosexuals.
    Newton schools officials are shown to continuously refuse to make school curricula and teaching materials available to the Newton residents. 

APT President Charles Jacobs said:

The video also shows that Saudi, Palestinian, and other Arab-funded teaching materials have been inserted into the curriculum, much of it containing anti-Israel bias.

Newton's mission statement includes the promise of "celebrat[ing] the dignity of all people." Yet, it's clear from the 20-minute film that that's not the case when it comes to Jews. Once the school used a Saudi-funded Arab World Studies Notebook which described Palestinian women being murdered by Israeli soldiers. Newton's school superintendent praised the text as helping to develop students' "critical thinking skills." Public pressure finally forced the school's hand in removing the material from its curriculum, according to the statement.

However, the damage was done. Instead of critical thinking and turning to discussion about difficult topics, the students resorted to painting swastikas and scrawling "Burn the Jews" around campus, even at a nearby middle school. What's worse, Newton school officials failed to report any of these incidents to authorities as required.

Newton still has trouble in this area as they continue to shield the public from learning what materials are being taught to children. This documentary is hoping to bring awareness and action from the public to demand better from the district.

Watch below:

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/video-exposes-anti-israel-indoctrination-happening-american-high-schools
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2016, 10:23:34 pm »

Harvard Students Hurl Anti-Semitic Slurs at Liberal Israeli MK
“A question about the odor of Ms. Tzipi Livni, she’s very smelly, and I was just wondering.”

Just when you think once-prestigious Harvard could fall further from grace, Harvard students hurled anti-Semitic epithets at Israel's former Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni during her recent talk at the University.

Last Thursday, Harvard Law School hosted a panel discussion with guest speakers Dennis Ross and former Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni.

During a question and answer session a president of a student organization mocked the Israeli leader, asking her, “How is it that you are so smelly?”

When his question drew stunned silence, he clarified his "question."

“A question about the odor of Ms. Tzipi Livni, she’s very smelly, and I was just wondering.”

This is the kind of discourse an Ivy League education gets you.

The Harvard Law Record blasted the anti-Semitic an incident Monday, but failed to identify the student perpetrator.

The paper found the insult a clear reference to Livni’s ethnicity and nationality, noting that the comments “revived the antiquated and offensive notion of the ‘smelly Jew’ – a term reeking of anti-Semitism – in order to insult her.”

You think?

“Discussions about Israel cannot devolve into ad hominem attacks against Jews. A quick Internet search will show that the stereotype of 'the Jew' as 'smelly' or 'dirty' has been around since at least the 1800s," the paper notes.

"The Nazis promoted the idea that Jews 'smell' to propagandize Jews as an inferior people. The idea that Jews can be identified by a malodor is patently offensive and stereotypes Jews as an 'other' which incites further acts of discrimination. The fact that such a hate-filled and outdated stereotype reemerged at Harvard Law School is nothing short of revolting."

The ironic part is that Livni is known for her liberal, multiculti-policies which actually favors Palestinians in many regards and endanger Israelis.

The fact that even she would be subject to such slurs elicits memories of the horrific saying used by anti-Semites: "The only good Jew is a dead Jew."

Indeed, as the school's law journal states, "Anti-Semitism is still very real today, and it just showed itself in our community at Harvard Law School."

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/harvard-students-hurl-anti-semitic-slurs-liberal-israeli-mk
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2016, 06:10:35 pm »

Iowa And New Jersey Join Wave of Anti-BDS Legislation

New Jersey and Iowa join the growing list of states passing legislation combating the anti-Israel boycott movement. Though the Boycott Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement seems to have taken hold in many college campuses, the battle is far from over as the slow wheels of state legislature pick up momentum.

21 states have taken up anti-BDS legislation, including, Indiana, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, California, Massachusetts, Indiana, and Ohio. In seven of the states, the bills have been signed into law: Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, South Carolina, and recently, Iowa. In March, Virginia passed two anti-BDS resolutions, officially condemning and outlawed the anti-Israel boycott, divestment and sanctions movement. In some states, the legislation requires the state’s pension fund to create a blacklist of for-profit entities that boycott Israel and to divest from blacklisted entities. In most states, the legislation excludes humanitarian organizations from being affected.

On Monday, the New Jersey Senate unanimously approved a bill that would require the state’s public worker pension fund to divest from companies that boycott Israel. The bill bars the state Division of Investments from investing the public workers’ $68.6 billion pension fund in any company “that boycotts the goods, products, or businesses of Israel, boycotts those doing business with Israel, or boycotts companies operating in Israel or Israeli-controlled territory.” New Jersey trades more than $1.3 billion in goods each year with Israel, according to NewJersey.com. If the Assembly passes the bill, it will go to Gov. Chris Christie for his signature.

On Tuesday, Iowa Governor Terry Branstad signed a similar bill that prohibits state funds from being directly invested in companies that boycott Israel.

“I just think this is the right thing to do,” Branstad said to the Des Moines Register, after a bill-signing ceremony. “I think it sends an important and very clear signal that we are not going to do business with people who boycott Israel. We think that is wrong, and we think that is a prejudicial position that some countries and some companies have taken and we will take a stand on the side of what  is right and good.”

NO to BDS and YES to Israel

Last week, the Iowa Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church sent a letter to Branstad asking him to veto the anti-boycott legislation. The church claimed boycotts for social, political, and economic change are political speech protected by the First Amendment.  Apparently, the governor disagreed with that assessment.

Critics of the wave of anti-BDS bills make this claim, while not relating to the rights of their opponents to express their opinions.  Palestine Legal, a pro-BDS legal organization, warns that people, “should all be alarmed that a foreign government, Israel, is lobbying U.S. politicians to restrict our rights”, while neglecting to address concerns that  Palestine is also a foreign government affecting US internal policies.

In an interview with Haaretz, Eugene Kontorovich, a law professor at Northwestern University who has consulted with groups advancing anti-BDS legislation, explained why this is not a first amendment issue.

“Those states see what they’re doing now as a follow-up, as a successor,” Kontorovich said. “They’re implementing laws that use state contracting power to fight back against racism.”

Read more at http://www.breakingisraelnews.com/67593/iowa-new-jersey-join-wave-anti-bds-legislation/#vGyiPO8gV9CPYlbW.99
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2016, 09:02:57 pm »

New course at Berkeley University: How to get rid of Israel*
By MICHAEL LAITMAN \

This week I learned that beginning this year, the prestigious UC Berkeley will be offering a course on “settler colonialism” in Israel, meaning Jews as colonialists.* “Drawing upon literature on decolonization, [the course] will explore the possibilities of a decolonized Palestine.” In other words, let’s talk about how to eradicate Israel altogether. But not only the course facilitator will explore these possibilities, students will be required to “research, formulate, and present decolonial alternatives to the current situation.”

Hearing about this course reminded me of one dismal evening that I spent in 2004 at the UC Berkeley Hillel. That evening, I went there to give a lecture about the wisdom of Kabbalah and what it says about Jewish unity and the role of the Jewish people in the world. It was a cold evening, and a cold welcome. However I tried, I could not get through to the students; they would not accept that the Jewish people has a role and a commitment to the world.

Immediately following the lecture, a man approached me and said that Hillel was not the place to talk about the role of the Jewish people, that people here have everything they need. I tried to tell him that being Jewish is not about what we need, but about what others need, what the rest of the world needs. I tried to explain that we need to unite not for our own sake, but for the sake of the world, which is desperately looking for a way to do so in our hyper egotistical society, and that we are meant to be the role model it will follow. He couldn’t hear me. The message simply could not sink in.

I left. Without connection to their nation and its role in the process that the world is undergoing, without understanding how much the future of the world depends on the correction that Israel must perform, I knew that there is no future for the Jews in San Francisco.

This course is only the beginning of the next wave of anti-Semitism that has spread throughout US campuses. Soon, campuses will not even attempt to put on a façade of academic integrity. The sole purpose of such courses will be to advance the Palestinian cause and delegitimize Israel.

Jewish students already feel very uncomfortable on campuses, and sometimes threatened. Many of them are already afraid to wear Jewish symbols such as star-of-David necklaces and yarmulkes. Can we imagine how they will feel when such courses become ubiquitous? And if we think we can distinguish between anti-Israel sentiments and anti-Jewish sentiments, we can learn otherwise by looking at what is happening in Europe.

The Moratorium Has Ended

Until a few years ago, it seemed as though US Jews had found some secret formula to dissolve anti-Semitism. At the beginning of the 20th century, and even in the 1950s, anti-Semitism, overt or covert, was still quite rampant and Jews were often excluded from universities, clubs, and certain occupations. But after the Holocaust and subsequent establishment of the State of Israel, it seemed as though a new era had begun and along with Hitler, anti-Semitism passed away.

But now the wind has changed. Liel Leibovitz wrote on Tablet Magazine, and I concur, that for American Jews, whoever wins this election, “politics will change in ways we cannot even begin to comprehend, but it will spell, in nontrivial ways, the end of a more than half-a-century-long American Jewish bloom.” While I believe that a Clinton victory will induce a much faster and much more sinister decline, the trend will be similar regardless of the winner.

The moratorium on overt Jew-hatred is quickly coming to a close. If we want to avoid another tragedy in the seemingly endless string of persecutions, extinctions, and expulsions, we have to act now, and in the only way we have been instructed by our forefathers.

Unity, Our Prime Defense

“The prime defense against calamity is love and unity. When there are love, unity, and friendship between each other in Israel, no calamity can come over them” (Maor Vashemesh

). “We are commanded at each generation to strengthen the unity among us so our enemies do not rule over us” (The Book of Consciousness

). “When unity restores Israel as before, Satan will have no place in which to place error. When they are as one man with one heart, they are as a fortified wall against the forces of evil” (Shem Mishmuel

).

“This is the mutual guarantee on which Moses worked so hard before his death, to unite the children of Israel. All of Israel are each other’s guarantors, meaning that when all are together, they see only good” (Broadcasting Voice

).

Before the ruin of the Temple, our forefathers developed a unique method of connection. They did not suppress one another’s character or talents, nor did they exploit one another. They used their individual skills for the common good, thereby creating a society that both supported everyone’s personal fulfillment, and strengthened the social fabric that kept it together.

Our forefathers did not suppress their differences or downplay them. They only changed the aim for which they worked. Instead of seeking to advance themselves, they sought to advance the whole of society, creating a win-win situation where everyone gains.

This seemingly small difference creates a profound transformation. It creates a common interest in realizing the full personal potential of each member of the community. Moreover, it makes every member of the community personally interested in realizing the full potential of every other member in the community, since this advances the prosperity of all the other members of the community. In a word, this change of aim turns “love your neighbor as yourself” from theory into practice.

Today that simple-yet-effective connection method that our forefathers had perfected and committed to sharing with the nations is imperative to the survival of our society. Now, as our sages have been telling us, we have to implement it for our own sake, and for the sake of all of humanity.

Our Only Asset

Deep down, each Jew carries a latent memory of this connection and our obligation to pass it on. Deep down, every non-Jew feels that Jews somehow stick together and look after each other. Many non-Jews know that the unity of Jews is a powerful thing, but many of them misinterpret it and think we want to take over the world. It is hard coded in nature that we will be the bearers of the message of peace and unity by setting an example, so as long as we avoid it, people consider us harm-doers. We need to reignite our unity and share it with the world. As anti-Semite Henry Ford wrote, “Modern reformers, who are constructing model social systems, would do well to look into the social system under which the early Jews were organized.”

In the eyes of the world, only if we give the world the peace and happiness it deserves, our existence will be justified. As long as we are disunited, we are not spreading unity. Rather than being “a light unto nations,” we spread the opposite, and the world rightly rejects us.

We have only ourselves to blame for the hatred toward us. As long as we are mean to one another, the world will be mean to us, since we cannot spread goodness. But if we use that special asset, the unique connection method that teaches how to realize one’s personal potential while solidifying the society, our example will clarify to the world why there are Jews and why Jews are imperative to their happiness.

The legitimacy of university courses like the one mentioned at the beginning of this column exists only as long as we do not know why we are here and what is our purpose in life. But when we realize who we are, and what a great gift of unity we have to give to the world, humankind will embrace us for the first time, and forever.

---------------------------------------------------

*Today (Thursday the 15th), I learned that following criticism, UC Berkeley cancelled the course. As much as I am pleased with this development, it does not change the evident trend of intensifying anti-Semitism. The emotions that engendered this abomination are very present on all US campuses, so it is my hope that we will do what we must, as detailed in this column, and spare ourselves a painful ordeal.

Michael Laitman is a Professor of Ontology, a PhD in Philosophy and Kabbalah, an MSc in Medical Bio-Cybernetics, and was the prime disciple of Kabbalist, Rav Baruch Shalom Ashlag (the RABASH). He has written over 40 books, which have been translated into dozens of languages. Click Here to visit his author page.

Think others should know about this? Please share

http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/New-course-at-Berkeley-University-How-to-get-rid-of-Israel-467718
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2016, 05:37:56 pm »

The Top Ten Schools Supporting Terrorists:San Francisco State University
The campus is notorious for its glorification of anti-Israel terrorism.

Last night, the David Horowitz Freedom Center brought its Stop the Jew Hatred on Campus poster campaign to San Francisco State University, a campus that is notorious for its glorification of anti-Israel terrorism and anti-Semitism.

San Francisco State University (SFSU) has repeatedly enabled the most extreme actions of its General Union of Palestinian Students (GUPS), a group closely resembling Students for Justice in Palestine, once led by SJP founder Hatem Bazian. This past April, GUPS disrupted a speech by the Mayor of Jerusalem, Nir Barkat, by shouting exhortations to terrorist violence and succeeded in curtailing his address. The demonstrators shouted “Intifada,” a call for terrorism against Israel, and chanted “From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free!” a call for the obliteration of the Jewish state. The former president of GUPS wrote dozens of social media posts threatening violence to pro-Israel students, Israelis, the IDF and others. He also praised Hamas and the violent Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP).

GUPS holds annual Israeli Apartheid Weeks which demonize Israel as an apartheid state and commemorate the founding of Israel as “al-Nakba” or “the catastrophe.” The faculty advisor for GUPS, Prof. Rabab Abdulhadi, met with terrorists Leila Khaled and Sheikh Raed Salah during a university-funded trip to the Middle East. (Khaled is a convicted hijacker and a member of the terrorist organization, the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, and Sheikh Raed Salah has been repeatedly jailed on charges of incitement to terrorist violence.) When questioned about the trip, San Francisco State administrators denied that Abdulhadi’s trip was an improper use of university funds. Abdulhadi also helped to broker a formal collaboration between SFSU and An-Najah National University in Palestine, which is known for its recruitment of students as cadre for Hamas and as suicide bombers.

The Freedom Center’s poster operation plastered the campus with posters identifying the organization Students for Justice in Palestine as a campus front for Hamas terrorists and the Hamas intermediary American Muslims for Palestine (AMP). AMP was revealed in recent congressional testimony to be funneling terrorist dollars to Students for Justice in Palestine to support the Hamas-sponsored, anti-Israel Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) campaign in America.

One of the posters depicts SFSU Professor Rabab Abdulhadi, the faculty advisor for the General Union of Palestinian Students (GUPS), an SJP clone. Text on the poster describes Abdulhadi as “A leader of the Hamas BDS Campaign” and a “Collaborator with Terrorists.”

A second poster depicts a gun-toting Hamas terrorist holding the strings of a puppet labeled “American Muslims for Palestine” which in turn controls a marionette labeled “Students for Justice in Palestine.” Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP) is described as “The chief sponsor of anti-Israel and anti-Jewish activities on campus.” Hamas is identified as “A terror organization pledged to wipe out Israel” (a goal explicitly stated in the Hamas charter) while AMP is the “Hamas-created chief organizer and funder of SJP.” The poster also depicts shadowed bodies lying in pools of blood, illustrating the bloody deeds of Hamas’s campaign of terror against the Jews. The poster contains the hashtag #JewHatred and the Freedom Center’s website, www.HorowitzFreedomCenter.org.

A third poster created by the Freedom Center asks sardonically, “Do you want to show your support for Hamas terrorists whose stated goal is the elimination of the Jewish people and the Jewish state?” and answers the question with “Join us! Students for Justice in Palestine.” The poster then lists the names of student and faculty leaders on campus who promote the genocidal Boycott Divest and Sanctions movement against Israel.

The posters are part of a larger Freedom Center campaign titled Stop the Jew Hatred on Campus which seeks to confront the agents of campus anti-Semitism and expose the financial and organizational relationship between the terror group Hamas and Hamas support groups such as Students for Justice in Palestine. As part of the campaign, the Freedom Center has placed posters on several campuses including San Diego State University, the University of California-Irvine and the University of California-Los Angeles. The campaign also recently released a report on the “Top Ten Schools Supporting Terrorists” which may be found on the campaign website, www.StoptheJewHatredonCampus.org. San Francisco State University is among the campuses listed in the Top Ten report. The section of the report demonstrating SFSU’s support of anti-Israel terrorists follows below.

Supporting Evidence:

April 12, 2016: SFSU hosted a tour created by National SJP called “Right 2 Education,” featuring two speakers from Birzeit University in Palestine.  Birzeit is well known for hosting Hamas rallies and Hamas recently beat out rival party Fatah in student elections there. During the event, the student speakers defended terrorism claiming that acts such as knife attacks on unarmed civilians were merely efforts to “bring attention” to the alleged plight of Palestinians. The speakers praised the genocidal BDS campaign against Israel, and attempted to delegitimize the Israeli state by falsely claiming that Jews “fabricate our history to make it look like they have a right to exist in our country” and that “Israel was built to be a racist state.”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D1Qn0-WWgkhttps://www.facebook.com/events/1046150668762908/http://www.amchainitiative.org/campusmonitor/campusmonitor-sfsu/

April 06, 2016: The SFSU General Union of Palestinian Students (GUPS) disrupted a speech by the Mayor of Jerusalem, Nir Barkat, by shouting exhortations to terrorist violence and succeeded in curtailing his address. SFSU students involved in the protest entered the auditorium carrying Palestinian flags and wearing checkered kaffiyehs which are associated with anti-Israel terrorism. The demonstrators then proceeded to shout “Intifada,” and chanted “From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free!” a slogan falsely claiming that Israel is Palestine (Israel is bounded by the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea) and should be destroyed.

When SFSU President Wong called for an investigation into the protestors who shut down Barkat’s speech, GUPS responded by calling Wong’s request an “attack on pro-Palestine protestors” that “criminalize[s ] anti-racist speech on campus.”

http://www.amchainitiative.org/campusmonitor/campusmonitor-sfsu/

https://www.facebook.com/GeneralUnionofPalestineStudents/photos/pcb.1062598990465938/1062585853800585/?type=3&theater

February 23, 2016: GUPS at SFSU held a rally in solidarity with Mohammed Al-Qeeq, a Palestinian journalist who was arrested and detained by Israel.  According to the Associated Press, “Israel’s Shin Bet security service says al-Qeeq is involved in terrorism activities linked to the militant Hamas movement.”
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_al-Qiqhttps://www.facebook.com/GeneralUnionofPalestineStudents/photos/a.427821270610383.99022.419960624729781/1023459584379879/?type=3

October 14, 2015: GUPS at SFSU promoted a community protest on its Facebook page supporting terrorism and the Hamas goal of destroying Israel. GUPS’s endorsement stated in part: “The General Union of Palestine Students – GUPS-SFSU supports the uprisings in Palestine! We Stand with our Brothers and Sisters in the streets, and we will find victory! …  End to the Zionist State! End to the killings of our Men, Women and Children in cold blood! End to the colonist empire! We will not be silenced!”
https://www.facebook.com/GeneralUnionofPalestineStudents/photos/a.427821270610383.99022.419960624729781/960183580707480/?type=3&theater

September 21, 2015: GUPS at SFSU held a protest and die-in called “From Sabra to Syria: My Homeland is not a Suitcase.” One student lay on the ground holding a mock Israeli flag with “Stop Settler Colonialism” scrawled across it, an echo of the Hamas claim that the Jews have “colonized” Palestine, a blatant historical falsehood, since the land on which Israel was created belonged to the Turks (who are neither Arabs nor Palestinians) for 400 years previously.
https://www.facebook.com/GeneralUnionofPalestineStudents/photos/a.673419969383844.1073741826.419960624729781/953487938043711/?type=3&theater

May 8, 2015: GUPS at SFSU held an event to commemorate the “Nakba,” an Arabic word meaning “catastrophe” that Hamas and its supporters use to describe the creation of Israel. A poster for the event stated “67 years later al-nakba continues. Join GUPS in honoring Palestinian resilience.”
https://www.facebook.com/GeneralUnionofPalestineStudents/photos/a.673419969383844.1073741826.419960624729781/878140425578463/?type=1

April 17, 2015: GUPS at SFSU held “Israeli Apartheid Week” on campus. The poster for the event stated, “Together we rise against colonialism,” repeating Hamas’s mendacious position that the Arab nation of “Palestine” was colonized by Jews. The event included the display of a mock “apartheid wall” painted with anti-Israel propaganda.
https://www.facebook.com/GeneralUnionofPalestineStudents/photos/a.427821270610383.99022.419960624729781/862369367155569/?type=1

http://goldengatexpress.org/2015/04/21/gups-israeli-apartheid-week/

Fall 2014: SFSU Professor Rabab Abdulhadi, faculty advisor to GUPS who took a university- sponsored trip to the Middle East where she met with terrorists Leila Khaled and Sheikh Raed Salah, posted on her Facebook page, “Today San Francisco State University’s All University Committee on International Programs unanimously voted to recommend that SF State formally collaborate with An-Najah National University in Nablus, Palestine. This is the first time that SFSU will collaborate with any university in a Palestinian, Arab or Muslim community.” The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) has written of An-Najah University, “Today the student council of An-Najah is known for its advocacy of anti-Israel violence and its recruitment of Palestinian college students into terrorist groups. The council, almost completely controlled by factions loyal to Hamas, Islamic Jihad and Fatah, glorifies suicide bombings and propagandizes for jihad against Israel. Hamas has described An-Najah as a ‘greenhouse for martyrs.’”
http://elderofziyon.blogspot.com/2015/04/sfsu-partnering-with-terror-supporting.html#.VehwqPlVikp
http://archive.adl.org/terrorism/symbols/islamic_palestine_block.htmlhttp://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/05/statefunded_university_promoting_alliances_with_hamasdominated_palestinian_universities.html

November 5, 2014: GUPS at SFSU held the 7th Annual Edward Said Mural Celebration. Among the event’s speakers was UC Berkeley professor Hatem Bazian, a former leader of GUPS and co-founder of Students for Justice in Palestine, who, during speech at an anti-war rally in San Francisco in 2004, called for an “Intifada” in America: “Well, we’ve been watching [an] Intifada in Palestine, we've been watching an uprising in Iraq [against the United States], and the question is what are we doing? How come we don't have an Intifada in this country? Because it seem[s ] to me, that we are comfortable in where we are, watching CNN, ABC, NBC, Fox, and all these mainstream ... giving us a window to the world while the world is being managed from Washington, from New York, from every other place in here in San Francisco: Chevron, Bechtel, Carlyle Group, Halliburton; every one of those lying, cheating, stealing, deceiving individuals are in our country and we’re sitting here and watching the world pass by, people being bombed, and it’s about time that we have an Intifada in this country that changes fundamentally the political dynamics in here. And we know ... they're gonna say some Palestinian [is] being too radical. Well, you haven’t seen radicalism yet!”
https://www.facebook.com/GeneralUnionofPalestineStudents/photos/pcb.776612295731277/776612195731287/?type=1&theater
http://www.campus-watch.org/article/id/11850
http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individualProfile.asp?indid=2173

February 2014: SFSU General Union of Palestinian Students (GUPS) President Mohammad G. Hammad was exposed as having written a number of threatening social media posts describing his wish to attack students, teachers and Israeli soldiers and to ally himself with anti-Israel terrorists including the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP). Hammad’s posts include: A photo of himself holding a large knife with the caption: “I seriously cannot get over how much I love this blade. It is the sharpest thing I own and cuts through everything like butter and just holding it makes me want to stab an Israeli soldier…” “I think about killing a lot.  And some of you are usually the targets of my daydreams J.” “You know what?  Israelis ARE colonizers, there is literally no way around it. And you know what else?  My heroes have always killed colonizers. I literally see nothing wrong with this. And my only regret is that not all colonizers were killed.”

In response to a poster that asked “how can I help actively support Palestine,” Hammad responded “Buy a keffieyh. Learn to tie it around your head…get in touch with some PFLP militants or arms dealers in the West Bank. Learn IDF patrol routes…BOOM.” “Let’s play a game. Objective: Kill U.S. Soldiers. Goal: world peace.” “The number of times I have legitimately considered flying back to the Middle East and joining the armed wing of the PFLP or something is surprisingly high.” “I think about the time I tried to be - moderate - and advocate for non-violence and honestly I just want to go back in time and slit my own throat/and then the throats of all my enemies before they grow up into the shits they are today.” “Oh/And tomorrow is [hopefully] the day that I find out if I will be the President of the General Union of Palestine at my school/...Hopefully I'll be able to radicalize half of our population and bring them back with me as fighters.”

After Jewish groups and the media exposed his postings, Hammad eventually left campus and was placed under investigation by the Joint Terrorism Task Force and the FBI.
http://www.antisemitismatsfsu.blogspot.com/2014/02/from-ktvu-sfsu-student-under-fire-for.html
http://www.amchainitiative.org/mohammad-h-hammads-tumblr-postings-5713-111013/
http://www.antisemitismatsfsu.blogspot.com/2014/02/documentation-of-mohammad-g-hammads.html
http://www.antisemitismatsfsu.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-nightmare-is-over-at-san-francisco.html

December 5, 2013: During an “emergency rally” held by GUPS at SFSU, the phrase “My Heroes Have Always Killed Colonizers” was written with chalk on the concrete stage at Malcolm X Plaza. The same phrase, referring to the Hamas assertion that Jews have colonized Arab Palestine and must be exterminated, is also written on a sign at a display table during the “Edward Said Mural Celebration.” Said was a Columbia professor who was a member of the Palestinian Liberation Organization’s Palestinian National Council until 1991 when he resigned because he thought the terrorist Yasser Arafat’s policies were too moderate towards Israel.
http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individualProfile.asp?indid=634
http://goldengatexpress.org/2013/12/11/non-student-groups-force-president-wong-to-address-student-rights-of-free-speech/

http://www.truthrevolt.org/commentary/top-ten-schools-supporting-terroristssan-francisco-state-university
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 08:06:35 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2017, 08:05:20 pm »

ABC’s Terry Moran: Donald Trump’s Inauguration Speech Had ‘Anti-Semitic’ ‘Overtones from the 1930s’

Talk about FAKE NEWS!  Roll Eyes

ABC News’ Chief Foreign Correspondent Terry Moran criticized Donald Trump’s use of the phrase “America First” in his inaugural address on Friday, saying the term contained “anti-Semitic” “overtones from the 1930s.”

Speaking on ABC after Trump delivered his speech on the steps of the Capitol building, Moran seized upon the new president use of “America First,” a phrase he deployed through the Republican primary and general election campaign against Hillary Clinton, who attended the ceremony in a white smock.

“It’s a loaded term in American history. Now, he defined it here as total allegiance to the United States of America,” Moran said, adding than many of his voters were drawn to the message. “However, it carries with it overtones from the 1930s, when an anti-Semitic movement saying we don’t want to get involved in Europe’s war, it’s the Jews’ fault in Germany. Charles Lindbergh led them. He defined it his way, but the words themselves carry very ugly echoes in our history.”

The outspoken Moran is no stranger to putting his foot in his mouth. He’s most notable for having suggested, in 2010, that Farrah Fawcett, who died from anal cancer, “most likely died as a result of acquiring a sexually transmitted disease.”

http://heatst.com/politics/abc-terry-moran-trump/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2017, 05:47:55 pm »

Watch: Anti-Israel students at Columbia University disrupt Israeli ambassador’s speech

On Monday night, an event put on by the Columbia University chapter of Students Supporting Israel (SSI) was disrupted repeatedly by anti-Israel attendees. The event centered around Israeli Ambassador Danny Danon giving a lecture to a crowd of 300 students.

Originally, the crowd was going to have invited pro-Israel students and alumni who wanted to hear Danon speak, but the university would not allow this.

According to The Algemeiner, Columbia University forced SSI to slash the number of invited student, faculty, and alumni attendees down to 20, including the ambassador’s security detail. They also forced SSI to submit the list of attendees for pre-approval. This left only 10 spots open.

Event co-sponsor Victor Muslin of Columbia Alums for Campus Fairness was also disappointed and lamented that “quite a few seats remained empty that could have been filled by those who…truly wanted to hear the ambassador but were turned away.”

The reason is that anti-Israel protesters planned an event on Facebook called “Racists Not Welcome” by the groups Students for Justice in Palestine, Jewish Voice for Peace, and Columbia University Apartheid Divest to disrupt Danon’s speech. According to event’s Facebook page, they planned to protest Danon for various reasons, among those that he “cheers the murder of activists delivering aid to Gaza,” and that he “is a cheerleader for Trump and the Republican right.”

The aggressive feelings by anti-Israel students toward those who support Israel has created an atmosphere on campus that SSI Columbia chapter President Rudy Rochman described as feeling like a “war zone.”  According to him, this is typical for anyone who supports Israel at the Columbia University campus.

“You can survive here if you stick to yourself and don’t express your opinions. If you stand up for Israel, you are viciously shamed, targeted and slandered by these terrorist sympathizers who call Hamas a ‘liberation organization.’ This is the life we activists live here on campus,” said Rochman.

It was this “war zone” rhetoric that reportedly caused the university to take action in limiting the amount of pro-Israel guests attending the lecture, in an attempt to lessen any violence that may erupt due to the publicly planned protests.

When the time for Danon’s speech came, the anti-Israel protesters made good on their plan as footage captured from various people shows. Protesters planted themselves in the audience, or barged into the room only to erupt in chants such as “racists not welcome,” and “one, two, three, four, occupation no more.”

video: http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/02/14/watch-anti-israel-students-at-columbia-university-disrupt-israeli-ambassadors-speech/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2017, 04:56:02 pm »

Texas-Muslim Pre-School Teacher Removed For Tweeting ‘Kill Some Jews’

Texas-A Muslim pre-school teacher was removed from the classroom after she tweeted out ‘kill some jews’ and ‘how many Jews died in the Holocaust? Not enough hahaha’. She has not been fired yet; this case is still pending investigation.

A pre-school teacher in Texas has been suspended from the classroom pending an investigation into her encouraging social media followers to “kill some Jews,” The Algemeiner has learned.

Nancy Salem, who teaches at The Children’s Courtyard in South Arlington, as The Algemeiner first reported, was among 24 anti-Israel activists at the University of Texas, Arlington (UTA), exposed by covert campus watchdog group Canary Mission for expressing racist and violent thoughts online.

Salem — a member of the UTA chapter of Students for Justice in Palestine and a supporter of the anti-Israel Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement — used her now-disabled Twitter account to post such remarks as: “How many Jews died in the Holocaust? Not enough…HAHAHAHA.”

Of course if this teacher tweeted out ‘Kill some Muslims’ they would have been fired immediately. Since Muslims are now at the top of the Marxist ladder of privileged people, they can virtually do and say anything they want including ****, murder or call for the murder of non-Muslims while escaping the consequences and backlash that non-Muslims would face in a similar circumstance.

This woman wears a hijab which means she is committed to Sharia law. Hatred for Jews and Christians is straight out of the Quran. When Muslims are the minority in a country, they are taught to hide their hatred for non-Muslims in order to hide their intentions. It looks like the mask slipped off of this Muslima. She should be fired and stripped of any and all teaching credentials. She is a danger to Americans and should never be allowed to teach children.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/02/texas-muslim-pre-school-teacher-removed-tweeting-kill-jews/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2017, 10:18:03 pm »

Nearly 100 Headstones Vandalized at a Jewish Cemetery in Philadelphia

In another act of vandalism to the Jewish community, as many as 100 headstones at a Jewish cemetery in Philadelphia were toppled and broken over the weekend. Police are now investigating the incident at the Mount Carmel Cemetery in the city’s Wissinoming section. This comes one week after vandals toppled more than 170 headstones in a Jewish cemetery in a St. Louis suburb. Vice President Mike Pence visited the cemetery later in the week to help clean up the damage, following widespread criticism of the silence from the White House following a wave of threats to the Jewish community. “We condemn this vile act of vandalism and those who perpetrated it in the strongest possible terms,” he said. Pence was joined by 1,000 volunteers who showed up to help restore the Chesed Shel Emeth Society Cemetery in University City, Missouri. Dozens of Jewish community centers across the country have received bomb threats since the election of President Trump, who after several weeks of pressure from Jewish leaders and the media said “anti-Semitism is horrible.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/liveblogs/2017/02/news-today/517878/14877/?utm_source=atlfb
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2017, 08:51:34 pm »

Wave of threats at Jewish centers across the US sends police scrambling

Jewish community centers and synagogues across the United States received another series of phoned-in threats Sunday, prompting another round of police response. No suspicious items were found…”We do believe that this is part of, as I mentioned on Tuesday, a larger picture – a national trend. That’s why I did mention that the FBI was involved. They are assisting us. The state police has taken a lead role from a New York state perspective,” Brighton Police Chief Mark Henderson said.

http://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/Wave-of-threats-at-Jewish-centers-across-the-US-sends-police-scrambling-484041
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2017, 06:41:58 pm »

Report: Global antisemitism drops 12%, but surges by 45% on US campuses

While violent incidents of antisemitism dropped 12% worldwide in 2016, US campuses saw a surge of 45% in antisemitism, according to data released Sunday…One of the most startling findings is a 45% increase in antisemitism on US campuses, which the report stated have become a hot-bed for antisemitism, often under the guise of anti-Zionism and due to increased pro-Palestinian movements, such as BDS on campuses.

http://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/Report-Global-antisemitism-drops-12-percent-but-surges-by-45-percent-on-US-campuses-488709
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2017, 08:07:01 pm »

Sears and Walmart sell ‘Free Palestine’ paraphernalia

Sears and Walmart are selling clothes and accessories calling for the liberation of Palestine and an end to “the Israeli occupation.” The web stores of both American retail giants offer a variety of clothing options, including tank tops, short-sleeve shirts and long-sleeve shirts. The shirts feature a fist with the colors of the Palestinian flag above the text, “Free Palestine. End Israeli occupation.”

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4972599,00.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2017, 09:21:15 pm »

Democratic Socialists Vote to Boycott Israel at National Convention -- Then Chant for Israel's Elimination (VIDEO)

On Saturday, in Chicago, the Democratic Socialists of America voted to approve a motion endorsing the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement against Israel.
Immediately after the motion passed, those attending the convention enthusiastically took part in a chant calling for the elimination of the Jewish State (an action which would of course make boycott, divestment and sanctions redundant).

The Democrat Socialists of America did not approve, or even vote on, on any motions to support “Boycott, Divestment and and Sanctions” against any other country.

What the crowd chanted, as can be seen from the Twitter video immediately above, was: ”From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free.” The “river” refers to the Jordan River, the eastern boundary, for the most part, of Israel. The “sea” refers to the Mediterranean Sea, the western boundary, for the most part, of Israel. The longstanding chant implies the geographic erasure of Israel and its replacement with an entity called “Palestine” (a country that has never actually existed in the history of the world).

A copy of this statement from the resolution was tweeted by an attendee and provided by Legal Insurrection:

Also courtesy of Legal Insurrection:

Israel is hated not just because it is Jewish, but also because it is viewed as an outpost of American-led oppression of non-whites, colonialism and imperialism. Under the now-fashionable doctrine of intersectionality, Israel is held out as the unique connecting force among capitalist and American-imperialist evils, much as the Jew has been held out in history through anti-Semitic conspiracy theories.

For radical leftists in the U.S. this intersectionality agenda manifests itself in a desire to replace capitalism with socialism or communism, and in the Middle East to promote an Islamist supremacist agenda which denies the Jews any rightful claim to self-determination in the historical homeland of the Jews. This creates very strange alliances, such as LGBT leftists aligning with Islamists who suppress LGBT persons in every country where Islamists rule.

The BDS movement, embodying this intersectionality through boycotts against Israeli academics, artists and businesses, exploits and stokes racial tension to turn racial issues, such at the Ferguson riots and Black Lives Matter, into anti-Israel movements. One of the most egregious examples of anti-Semitic intersectionality is the Deadly Exchange Campaign by the anti-Israel group Jewish Voice for Peace, which falsely blames Israel and American Jewish organizations for U.S. police shootings of blacks.

Israel’s i24News noted, in its coverage of this story, that the vote took place “on the Jewish Sabbath, meaning religious Jews could not take part.” The reality, however, is that there were probably few, and more likely zero, religious Jews at the Democrat Socialists’ convention. Religious Jews tend to have much more right-of-center views than their secular, “culturally Jewish” co-ethnics.

One reason that Israel might be other than panicked about potential economic losses stemming from the Democratic Socialists’ convention is the group’s past endorsement of lifelong sponge Bernie Sanders as favored candidate for the presidency in the 2016 presidential elections, suggesting the organization itself appeals to personal-economic-activity-challenged individuals. Sanders in 1971 was asked to leave a hippie commune in 1971 due to a personal work /”sitting around talking about politics” ratio too insufficient even to meet the commune’s inevitably very low standard.

video: http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/08/democratic-socialists-titillatedly-thinking-theyre-sticking-jewish-state-chant-israels-elimination-convention/
Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2017, 08:23:47 pm »

Anti-Israel Curricula Used in World History Courses Across the Country
"Teachers are pulling things off the Internet, and a lot of it is fine, but a lot of it not"

BY: Rachel Frommer
August 12, 2017 5:00 am

A monograph published late last month of anti-Israel curriculum used in Newton, Mass., public high schools has led to revelations of similar materials in circulation at other school districts in the country, the report's researcher told the Washington Free Beacon on Thursday.

Steven Stotsky of the Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America (CAMERA) said that since the release of his findings in "Indoctrinating Our Youth: How a U.S. Public School Curriculum Skews the Arab-Israeli Conflict and Islam," he has received phone calls alerting him to disquieting curricula being used in Michigan and California.

"We turned over a rock and discovered a significant problem," said Stotsky, about his deep dive into textbooks, articles, timelines, and maps used from at least 2011 to 2015—some possibly still in use—for World History course sections on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and Islam in Newton's two public high schools, which are among the most prestigious in the country.

The materials included the Arab World Studies Notebook, a textbook the American Jewish Committee has previously condemned as filled with "factually inaccuracies," "overt bias," and "unabashed propagandizing"; a timeline of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict that almost entirely omitted instances of Palestinian terrorism; and a misrepresentative translation of the Hamas charter.

Stotsky said procedures must be established for vetting all materials brought into the classroom.

"Teachers are pulling things off the Internet, and a lot of it is fine, but a lot of it not. They can't just be giving this stuff to students," said Stotsky.

He questioned the decision to teach the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in a history class at all.

"History is complicated enough when you are studying issues that are 100, 200 years old," he said. "You further complicate things when you add current events, and the Israeli-Palestinian issue is still politically and ideologically active."

Stotsky's report was the first comprehensive study of these materials, which were only obtained after a years-long battle with Newton administrators by an ad-hoc group of parents and concerned citizens.

Questions about the Newton curriculum were first raised in 2011, but the school district delayed turning over the documents until the summer of 2016. They only complied with those demands after Judicial Watch submitted a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request in October 2014, and even then dragged their feet for another two-and-a-half years.

"The obstruction, the failure to respond to citizens' concerned, the lack of transparency was shocking," said Stotsky. "The fact that it had to go all the way to a FOIA request is outrageous."

An easy fix to the transparency issue, said Stotsky, would be simply throwing all curricula up on the Internet as a matter of policy.

Inaccurate, misleading, and radical Israel education is an ongoing problem at area schools, Stotsky said, pointing to a May 2017 "Middle East History Day" program at Newton North High School, at which he described a speaker as giving an "anti-Israel rant" to 150 students.

According to Stotsky, all the members of the Newton School Committee were sent copies of the CAMERA monograph weeks ago, and were asked to respond. Stotsky has been met with silence.

Ruth Goldman, the chair of the Newton School Committee—one of whose roles she said is "transparent communication with parents"—said all of the committee members received the CAMERA monograph and that a few had skimmed through it.

"You have to understand, we receive a lot of materials, and we can't look through everything. We proactively seek out things that are agenda items for the committee. We don't take up every thing that comes across our email," said Goldman.

Goldman also said she couldn't speak to the details of the case because "all that happened before my time on the committee." She has served as the committee chair since 2013, a year before the FOIA was first submitted.

"It really had all been taken care of by the time I got here. It's an old subject at this point," Goldman said. "We communicate regularly with parents. We have a transparent process at the school committee."

She wouldn't speak to specific school curriculum, but said the district adheres to state guidelines and that "history is a tricky subject" taught in a "narrative and critical framework."

Other school committee members told the Washington Free Beacon that they had not received the monograph and were not familiar with the case.

The mayor of Newton, who also sits on the school committee, was "too busy" to comment.

The superintendent did not respond to the Free Beacon‘s inquiry.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/anti-israel-curricula-used-in-world-history-courses-across-the-country/
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2018, 08:49:15 pm »

Jewish Leaders In Brooklyn Express Concern Over Bias Atttacks

Some leaders in Brooklyn’s Jewish community say bias attacks are happening more frequently.

The most recent incident left a man badly bruised. It was captured on camera and now police are searching for the attacker.

Police are keeping watch at the scene of the latest attack on Rutland Road near Schenectady Avenue.

Many Jewish leaders say this is happening too frequently to be a coincidence, CBS2’s Janelle Burrell reported.

“People are very, very nervous about what is going  on,” said Assemblyman Dov Hikind.

Jewish leaders including Hikind told Burrell they believe the recent attacks in Brooklyn aren’t isolated.

“They’re not anomalies?” Burrell asked.

“No, not at all. In between these two incidents, there are so many others. Many of them don’t get reported,” Hikind said.

The latest victim is a 52-year-old orthodox Jewish man who asked that CBS2 not share his name.

Police are looking for the man who went after him Saturday afternoon as he was walking home from synagogue.

“I greeted him and I go, continue. Next thing I know, he said ‘I don’t like Jews, who were you talking to. I don’t talk to Jews.’ He put me in a headlock and I’m trying to maneuver out of him. In the meantime, I’m screaming ‘Help, help.’ He said ‘You don’t need help, I’m going to kill you right here.'”

The assault went on for five minutes before two people walking by pulled the man off and held him down. The 52-year-old was left with a black eye, broken rib and scratches.

A week earlier, police said a 42-year-old man, identified as Ari Ellis, was attacked on Eastern Parkway, punched in the face repeatedly. He suffered a broken nose and broken ribs.

“I don’t understand why they had to pick me,” Ellis told CBS2’s Reena Roy. “I wonder, do people realize this is anti-Semitism?”

“I don’t know if there’s a connection, but there’s a lot of concern there has been tremendous growth of anti-Semitism,” said Hikind.

According to the Anti-Defamation League, last year there were 11 anti-Semitic assaults in New York state. Seven of them were in Brooklyn.

Leaders of New York’s Jewish Leadership Council have written to the NYPD, questioning the timing of the attacks. Both happened on the Jewish sabbath – when there are fewer Jewish volunteer safety officers on patrol.

“We would like people to help us locate the person who committed this horrible attack on an innocent person,” Crown Heights Jewish Community Council Executive Director Rabbi Eli Cohen said. “Being able to walk down the street without being hurt is a civil right that every person has.”

“Unfortunately there are people out there who want to kill us for one reason: Because we are a Jew,” the victim’s wife said.

The ADL is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to a conviction.

“I am disgusted and saddened by the vicious attack that occurred on Saturday in Crown Heights, which is being investigated as a potential hate crime,” said City Council Speaker Corey Johnson. “This is not what our city is about, and my heart breaks that New Yorkers have endured this kind of abuse and violence. Hate has no place here, and I pray those responsible are quickly brought to justice.”

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/04/23/anti-semitic-bias-attacks-in-brooklyn/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2018, 09:44:40 am »

Episcopalian Bishops Apologize for False Israel Atrocity Stories

The Episcopal Diocese of Massachusetts recently apologized for spreading false atrocity stories about the Jewish state at the denomination’s convention in July.

Bishop Gayle Harris alleged that she was on the scene when Israeli soldiers shot a Palestinian teenager 10 times in the back. She also claimed that she was on the Temple Mount when Israeli soldiers tried to handcuff a 3-year-old boy for letting his toy ball “roll over” the Western Wall.

Harris apparently made the comments to win congregational approval for an anti-Israel resolution.

Dexter Van Zile from the watchdog group CAMERA proved that neither claim was true, and that the bishop could not have been a witness to the non-existent atrocities.

“She made it sound like she was an eyewitness to two terrible acts of villainy by Israeli soldiers that never happened,” Van Zile said.

“After reviewing my words in the House of Bishops from a transcription, I now acknowledge that I reported stories which I had heard and unintentionally framed them as though I had personally witnessed the alleged events,” said Harris. “I sincerely apologize.”

“I was ill-advised to repeat the stories without verification, and I apologize for doing so,” she added.

“We recognize that for Christian leaders to relate unsubstantiated accounts of Israeli violence awakens traumatic memory of a deep history of inciting hostility and violence against Jews,” said Bishop Alan Gates, who heads the Episcopal Diocese of Massachusetts. “We grieve damage done to our relationships with Jewish friends and colleagues in Massachusetts, and rededicate ourselves to those partnerships, in which we are grateful to face complexities together.”

Van Zile said he hopes the apology causes the denomination to reflect on its sources of information.

“Reading between the lines, I think that Bishop Harris realizes that whoever told her these stories badly misinformed her,” said Van Zile. “On my trips to the West Bank, I see a fair number of well-meaning Christians believing everything they are told by Palestinian activists—lock, stock and barrel. Christians need to listen to what they are told with a very critical ear.”

https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/112531/bishops-false-israel-atrocity-stories/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2018, 08:40:21 am »

Democratic Socialists Of America Vote To Join Anti-Israel Boycott, Divestment And Sanctions Movement, Call For Israel's Destruction

America’s largest socialist organization overwhelmingly voted to support the anti-Israel Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement at its biannual convention in Chicago on Saturday

What is truly on the ballot for the November midterm elections? Socialism is what’s on the ballot this November. The Democrat Party has taken a very hard turn to the Left, with many of the major candidates like Andrew Gillum and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez being **** Progressives and Democratic Socialists. Wanna know the worst thing about all that besides the obvious? They hate Israel and the Jewish people with a passion.

“Let them all be confounded and turned back that hate Zion.” Psalm 129:5 (KJV)

Recently, the Democratic Socialists of America, the largest Socialist group in the United States, voted to join a movement dedicated to the financial ruin of the state of Israel, that they hope will lead to it’s complete and total collapse. The Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement, or BDS, is dedicated to the establishment of a Palestinian state by destroying the Jewish state. Think about that when voting on November 6th.

FROM BREAKING ISRAELI NEWS: The Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) conveniently held its convention on the Jewish Sabbath, when no observant Jews would be able to appear or protest.

IF YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST BOYCOTT ISRAEL, YOU BETTER READ THIS FIRST

BDS aims at crippling Israel’s economy as political protest against the “oppressive” state. It has been very successful in destroying employment opportunities for thousands of Palestinians who worked for Israeli companies that BDS targeted.

After the vote, which passed by 90 percent, was met with wild applause, the Democratic Socialists of America attendees began to chant a popular genocidal slogan of the pro-Palestinian movement, “From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free.”

The slogan calls for the establishment of a Palestinian state from the Jordan River to the Mediterranean Sea, where Israel currently sits, suggesting that the Jewish state will vanish from the map and be replaced entirely by “Palestine.” It is commonly heard at left-wing anti-Israel campus protests.

“Democratic Socialists of America declares itself in solidarity with Palestinian civil society’s nonviolent struggle against apartheid, colonialism, military occupation and for equality, human rights, and self-determination,” reads the BDS motion.

What a Palestinian “nonviolent struggle” might look like is not made quite clear by the DSA.

The DSA claims to be the largest socialist organization in the US, with 25,000 dues-paying members. As the organization admits that America is “unlikely to see an immediate end to capitalism tomorrow”, it does its best to fight the capitalist system by working to achieve “equitable distribution of resources…a healthy environment…gender and racial equality, and non-oppressive relationships”, among other goals.

Perhaps the DSA is unaware that wiping an entire country and people off the map, a vision they seem particularly excited about, could be defined by some as an “oppressive” move. READ MORE

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/democratic-socialists-of-america-vote-to-join-anti-israel-boycott-divestment-and-sanctions-movement-call-for-israels-destruction/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2018, 04:15:52 am »

Nancy Pelosi Tries to Reassure Jews After Incoming Democrats Back Anti-Israel BDS

Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), the likely next Speaker of the House, is trying to reassure Jewish groups after several newly-elected Democrats have vowed openly to support “boycott, divestment, and sanctions” (BDS) against Israel.

Pelosi told the Israeli-American Council on Sunday, as quoted by the Jerusalem Post: “Remove all doubt in your mind. It’s just a question of not paying attention to a few people who may want to go their own way.”

However, Pelosi’s task will be difficult, given the increasingly anti-Israel drift of her party as a whole. Not a single Democrat — herself included — traveled to Israel to attend the opening of the U.S. embassy in Jerusalem in May, nor the Israeli embassy’s party to celebrate that event in Washington, DC.

rest: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/12/04/bds-nancy-pelosi-tries-to-reassure-jews-after-new-democrats-back-boycott-of-israel/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2019, 08:22:54 am »

Pompeo, in testimony to Senate, refuses to back two-state solution

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Tuesday refused to reaffirm American support for a Palestinian state after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu pledged to extend Israeli sovereignty over West Bank settlements. “Ultimately, the Israelis and Palestinians will decide how to resolve this,” Pompeo replied.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/pompeo-in-testimony-to-senate-refuses-to-back-two-state-solution/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2019, 06:19:36 am »

Canadian court rules West Bank wines can’t be labeled as ‘Made in Israel’

In a dramatic ruling, sure to anger Jerusalem, Canada’s Federal Court rules that Israeli wines produced in West Bank settlements can no longer be labeled “Made in Israel.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog-july-29-2019/
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: