End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 07:32:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Answer Book by Samuel C. Gipp

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Answer Book by Samuel C. Gipp  (Read 282 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2014, 11:55:21 am »

The Answer Book by Samuel C. Gipp

Dr. Samuel C. Gipp, author of An Understandable History of the Bible, answers 62 common questions about the King James Bible.

The reason for this book is two-fold. First, it was written to answer the raft of questions used by critics of the King James Bible to attack and destroy the faith of anyone who really BELIEVES that the Bible is infallible. The style is such that its arguments can be understood and advanced by one who has NOT had the benefit (or curse) of a Bible college education. This brings us to the second reason for its existence. Some time ago a leader of a large fundamental movement made the statement, "What really fires me is... these guys with a High School education debating textual criticism."

That is the second purpose of this book. For years those faithful folk who have not been to college have been bullied around for their lack of formal education by an arm load of D.D.'s who seek to keep them "in the dark." Many of these people have done more serious study of the Bible issue in the privacy of their homes than the honorarily doctored critics have in college classrooms. Yet the common man is often intimidated by the "trick" questions asked by his "educated" foe. The critic feels invincible in his armor of education.

This book is written so that the ordinary Christian will be properly equipped to defend him or herself from the fiery darts of their pompous foes. In fact, they may even punch a few holes in their armor.

Questions

Shouldn't We Be Loyal to the Originals?
    Isn't "Easter" a Mistranslation?
    Was King James a Homosexual?
    What About the Archaic Words?
    Hasn't the King James Bible Been Revised?
    Don't the Best Manuscripts Support the New Versions?
    Don't We Need Perfect Bibles in Other Languages?
    Where Do Bible Manuscripts Come From?
    What is the LXX?
    Was the King James Bible Good Enough for Paul?
    What About the Italicized Words?
    Aren't There Great Men Who Use Other Versions?
    Where Was the Bible Before 1611?
    Did the A.V. Translators Claim to be Inspired?
    Aren't Today's Scholars Better Equipped to Translate?
    How Did King James Authorize His Translation?
    Who Was the King James Bible Translated For?
    Is the King James Bible the Word of God Because I Got Saved Through It?
    Are King James Bible Believers Church Splitters?
    Aren't All King James Bible Believers Name Callers?
    Do King James Bible Believers Worship the Bible?
    Aren't King James Bible Believers a Cult?
    Is it Heresy to Believe the King James Bible is Perfect?
    Who Was Dean Burgon?
    What is Different Between a 'TR Man' and 'KJV Man?'
    Will a Bible Education Help Clear Up the Issue?
    Do People Who Use Other Versions Hate God?
    Is the King James Bible Inspired or Preserved?
    Can a Translation be Inspired?
    Can a Translation be as Good as the Originals?
    Can't We Find the Fundamentals in Other Bibles?
    How Can So Many People be Wrong About the KJV?
    Is it Wrong to Call the Holy Spirit "it?"
    Didn't the KJV Contain the Apocrypha at First?
    Can Someone Get Saved Using Another Version?
    What About the Testimony of the Dead Sea Scrolls?
    What About All the "Thees" and "Thous?"
    Is the New King James Version an Improvement?
    Is the New Scofield Bible a King James Bible?
    Is the New International Version Trustworthy?
    Do New Manuscripts Support the King James Bible?
    Aren't Modem Translations Easier to Understand?
    Is the Devil Behind the Confusion of Bible Versions?
    Who Were Wescott and Hort?
    Can a Person of Greek Ethnic Origin Understand the Greek New Testament and English Bible Better?
    What is a Ruckmanite?
    What About the Nuggets Found Only in the Greek?
    Wasn't the Textus Receptus Named After 1611?
    Were the KJV Translators Baby Sprinklers?
    If Believing the King James Bible is Contrary to the Stand My Alma Mater Takes What Should I Do?
    What is Progressive Revelation?
    Is Believing the KJV the Historic Position?
    Should We Make An Issue Out of Bible Translations?
    Shouldn't We Respect the Education of the Many Drs. in the Issue of the Bible?
    Shouldn't We Emphasize the Love of Jesus?
    What About When My Lexicon and Bible Contradict?
    Was Erasmus a Good Roman Catholic?
    How Many Mistakes Are in the King James Bible?
    What About My Friends and Future If I Stand for the King James Bible?
    What About a Contradiction That Can't be Explained?
    What If There Really Are Mistakes in the King James Bible?
    I'm Convinced That the King James Bible is the Infallible Word of God. Now What Should I Do?

Appendix #1
    Appendix #2

http://samgipp.com/answerbook/
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 12:09:50 pm »

That is the second purpose of this book. For years those faithful folk who have not been to college have been bullied around for their lack of formal education by an arm load of D.D.'s who seek to keep them "in the dark." Many of these people have done more serious study of the Bible issue in the privacy of their homes than the honorarily doctored critics have in college classrooms. Yet the common man is often intimidated by the "trick" questions asked by his "educated" foe. The critic feels invincible in his armor of education.

Yeah - and these D.D.'s are going to find out sooner or later that their "diploma" is nothing but just that...A PIECE OF PAPER that will get burned up when the time of Jacob's trouble hits. If they choose to be ignorant, then let them be.

Was King James a Homosexual?

Odd how the same people who promote this, also have no qualms when over how Wescott and Hort were sodomites.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 01:10:10 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 12:10:23 pm »

QUESTION #10:
What does this statement mean? "The King James Bible was good enough for the Apostle Paul, so it's good enough for me."

ANSWER:
This statement is usually made in a sarcastic manner in order to embarrass Bible believers in their belief. The FACT is, the King James Bible WAS good enough for Paul. (See Question #11) But for now I'd like you to see that it was the only Bible that Luke would use.

EXPLANATION:
In Acts 1: 1,2 Luke makes the following statement: "The former treatise have I made, 0 Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:"

"The former treatise" is of course the Gospel of Luke which Luke wrote to a believer named Theophilus. Theophilus was apparently an early Christian who had never personally met the Lord while He was on this earth. Considering, though, that he was the recipient of both the Gospel of Luke and the Acts of the Apostles, he was most certainly one of the best informed.

Luke, in what may have been a passing comment, in the second verse of Acts chapter one, rings the death blow to the famous Nestle's Greek New Testament and also the New American Standard Version. Luke states that his "former treatise" told of all that Jesus began to do, and continued, "until the day in which he was taken up." The things which Jesus began to do are first recorded in Luke 2:41-52 in which He was left behind in Jerusalem when Joseph and His mother left to return to Nazareth. This correlates with Acts 1:1. Luke's gospel is the only one of the four gospels which records any of Christ's actions prior to His baptism at the age of thirty years old. (Matthew 3:16, Mark 1:9 and John 1:29-34)

Luke's gospel ends with Christ being "carried up into heaven " in Luke 24:51. This correlates with Acts 1:2 "Until the day in which he was taken up."

Thus, Luke states that his gospel begins with the earliest acts of Christ and ends with His ascension. Therefore, any Greek manuscript or manuscripts, no matter what their age, containing the Gospel of Luke which omits either of these accounts is not authentic. In an examination of the 23rd Edition of Nestle's Greek Text we find that the Greek words, "Kai anepheroto eis ton huranon," "and was carried up into the heaven" are not found in this text.

The footnote in the critical apparatus indicates that the authority for removing this phrase is no more than manuscript (MS) Sinaiticus, D, one majuscule MS known as number 52 and one 5th century palimpsect (a MS which has been erased and written over top of). The phrase "and carried up into heaven" is found in B, C, E, F, G, H, L, S, T, V, Y, Z, Delta, Theta, Psi, and Omega plus papyrus p75, and most remaining witnesses. Yet on the basis of only two MSS the conservative scholars of the secret Lockman Foundation have omitted this phrase from Luke 24:51 in the New American Standard Version (NASV). Hence, the NASV is not truly a reliable translation. In fact, of most modern versions, only the "liberal" scholars of the Revised Standard Version (RSV) agreed with the "conservative" scholars of the NASV in omitting the phrase. Thus the known Communistic liberals of the RSV and the conservatives of the NASV are in full agreement that Christ did not ascend bodily into heaven.

So we see that if Luke, the writer of the Gospel of Luke and the book of the Acts of the Apostles, could examine a King James Bible and a New American Standard Version he would declare the New American Standard Version a fraud and promptly proclaim the King James Bible as authentic.

Well, quite frankly, if it's good enough for Luke, it's good enough for me.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 12:23:05 pm »

QUESTION #10:
What does this statement mean? "The King James Bible was good enough for the Apostle Paul, so it's good enough for me."

ANSWER:
This statement is usually made in a sarcastic manner in order to embarrass Bible believers in their belief. The FACT is, the King James Bible WAS good enough for Paul. (See Question #11) But for now I'd like you to see that it was the only Bible that Luke would use.

Yes, when I was in "church" the Sunday before Xmas, there was a guest pastor from the metroplex. He started out saying how it doesn't matter what bible version we used, THEN he made this VERY *joke*, how the KJB was "good enough" for Paul(or something like that).

It was quite obvious he hated the KJB, but nonetheless it got laughs from the pews(the person next to me looked at me bewildered why I didn't laugh).

In fact, of most modern versions, only the "liberal" scholars of the Revised Standard Version (RSV) agreed with the "conservative" scholars of the NASV in omitting the phrase. Thus the known Communistic liberals of the RSV and the conservatives of the NASV are in full agreement that Christ did not ascend bodily into heaven.

It seems like the word "conservative" is an oxymoron of itself - it's as if people think they're a "conservative" if they're a Republican, or even a Reaganite. Roll Eyes

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: