End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 09:31:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Christian author: Glenn Beck actually New Age 'anti-Christ'

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christian author: Glenn Beck actually New Age 'anti-Christ'  (Read 1069 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2011, 04:00:49 am »

Christian author: Glenn Beck actually New Age 'anti-Christ'

A  Christian author and national speaker has just released a video in which he flays radio and TV commentator Glenn Beck as a pagan, New Age "anti-Christ" who is deluding many believers away from the Bible's teachings and leading them toward Eastern mysticism.

Brannon Howse of Worldview Weekend in Collierville, Tenn., who was once a defender of Beck, is now blasting the popular Fox News host based on content of Beck's new book, "Seven Wonders That Will Change Your Life," co-authored by psychiatrist Dr. Keith Ablow.

"Back in August of 2010, I tried warning folks that Glenn Beck was a pagan, New Age, universalistic Mormon, and indeed, he now has revealed his hand," Howse says in the video, which is based on a column he wrote earlier this year. "Beck's book is nothing less than a promotion of universalism, postmodernism and pagan spirituality, also known as the New Age movement." 

He continued: "I hate to say it, but through testing Glenn's doctrinal fruit, he is not a Christian. In fact indeed, he is a false teacher. He is proclaiming another Jesus and another gospel. ... Nowhere in Beck's new book does he mention the biblical Gospel. In fact, what he mentions is anti-Christ. He's denying the exclusivity of Jesus Christ. What Glenn is promoting is the same lie promoted by Satan in Genesis 3, verses 1–5. And I'm fearful that the spiritual poison Beck is promoting is not seven wonders that will change your life, but in fact lies that will condemn the souls of millions for eternity."

VIDEO: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=272893

He says Beck is a very committed and knowledgeable Mormon, which is the common term for a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Beck himself writes in his book, "I questioned everything I could think to question about the faith. I went over my doubts again and again with the church bishop. I read everything there was to read on their website and every word of Mormon Doctrine ... I went to anti-Mormon literature for hints, but I found most of it to be unfair or just plain wrong. I tried every trick I could think of to find a contradiction. The problem was that I couldn't. Mormonism seemed to explain the world and my place in it better than any other faith I had looked at." (page 149-150)

(Story continues below)

In his new video, Howse, who has authored nine books, most of which deal with a Christian worldview, methodically goes through a series of pages from Beck's book, quoting the media giant on points he thinks don't agree with the Bible.

According to Howse, "Beck does not believe in hell, original sin or that Jesus in the only way [to salvation]:

Latter-day Saints do not believe that your chances ever cease, even with death. They end only with the full understanding and denial of truth by your own exercise of real free will. And even then there is no 'lake of fire.' (page 149)
As Keith likes to say, 'There's no original sin left in the world. Everyone's just recycling pain now.' (page 154)
There is no infant delivered evil, out of the womb. There never has been. Not even one ... Charles Manson was not born evil. Ted Bundy wasn't. The BTK killer wasn't. Hitler wasn't. (page 162)
Howse continued: "The Bible says that all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God. (Romans 3:23) The Bible says that even babies are born with a sin nature and that we are all conceived in sin. Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. (Psalm 51:5) ...

"Beck's book promotes the New Age idea that you need to tap into a positive energy for a successful and happy life: (10 times). Some examples include:

You have a polestar inside you. It is connected with all the energy in the universe. When you begin to follow that star you align yourself with immeasurable, inexplicable forces that will actually help you manifest your best intentions. (page 79)
The current energy that flows in your favor when you stop denying what you have lived through and how it has shaped you and how you must change is the immeasurable force that you can tap into to dramatically improve your existence. (page 113)
 ... you will elicit the same positive energy from others. When you stop pretending to be just fine and start admitting that you have struggled, just as we all have, then spiritual energy will fill you. (page 117)
Beck did not comment on Howse's report, and Jessica Moody, a spokeswoman for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints told WND, "Glenn Beck is a public figure who does not speak for the Church and we are unfamiliar with his latest book. Because of this, it would be difficult for us to respond to this issue."

She said those wishing to get familiar with the core beliefs of Latter-day Saints can see them online.
http://mormon.org/articles-of-faith/

It's ironic that Howse is verbally thrashing Beck now, since he explains, "As I have written before, I have been a supporter of Glenn Beck for a long time and I started KeepGlennBeck.com to support Glenn when the radicals wanted his advertisers to stop advertising in his program, because at the time he was not promoting spirituality but simply providing excellent information about what was happening in the arena of civil government and law. However, Glenn has moved into an area where we must draw a clear line theologically, doctrinally, and spiritually and despite what Mr. Beck thinks, that does not make us bigots ... ."

There are some Christian pastors who during the past year have been staunch defenders of Beck and his beliefs.

Evangelical megachurch pastor Jim Garlow of the Skyline Wesleyan Church in La Mesa, Calif., told the Christian Post, "I have listened and watched very carefully regarding clues to Glenn's spiritual condition. ... I have interviewed several people who have been with him and have talked very specifically with him regarding his own personal salvation."

Garlow noted that Beck has said "unequivocally" that he relies on the atonement of Jesus on the cross for forgiveness for his sins.

"[A]nd those are almost the exact words," Garlow said. "Few people use the term atonement. Glenn did."

Garlow also credited Beck for laying out "the clearest explanation of the crucifixion and the resurrection that I have ever heard on national TV."

"I have interviewed persons who have talked specifically with Glenn about his personal salvation – persons extremely well known in Christianity – and they have affirmed (using language evangelicals understand), 'Glenn is saved,'" Garlow added. "He understands receiving Christ as Savior."

Texas-based evangelist James Robison also has high praise for Beck's beliefs, and has appeared on Beck's radio show to share his thoughts: "Glenn, you are one of the clearest voices on this planet for truth, and I want you to know as an evangelical Christian and church leader with one of the most watched television programs live today on the planet, you are a voice crying in the wilderness. I thank God for you."

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=272953
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 11:33:14 am »

Glenn Beck: Ben Carson is a 'Lunatic,' Career is Over for Saying Homosexuality is a Choice

Conservative TV and radio personality Glenn Beck has labelled Dr. Ben Carson a “lunatic” after Carson’s comments defending his belief that homosexuality is a choice.

The Christian Post reports that Carson said in a CNN interview last week that he believed homosexuality was a choice and used a prison analogy to demonstrate his point.

"A lot of people who go into prison go into prison straight — and when they come out, they're gay…So, did something happen while they were in there?" Carson said in the interview.

He later apologized for the comment.

Beck said that Carson’s prison analogy would end his presidential run before it had even begun.

“Goodbye to his presidential career. It's over. It's over. There is no way to recover from that. That just sounds like a lunatic…That is just a ridiculous statement on a million fronts. A ridiculous statement,” Beck said on his radio show.

He continued, "It's not just that he didn't see [the question] coming. It's that he just thought that was a good answer. That was good enough for him. Just [imagine] I'm at a cocktail party and I'm talking to a friend and they say 'well yeah, you know, you go to prison and you're straight, you get out and you're gay,' don't you look at your friend — I don't care if he's the guy who works at the 7-Eleven and he's not running for president ever — don't you go, 'That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard'?"

A spokesman for Carson said he will not be deterred by the interview question.

"Dr. Carson has a very deep well of support across this country, and he's in the process of gauging its strength and potential. We recognize there are many challenges, and one comment cannot and will not derail Ben Carson from answering the many American voices desperate for real leadership," the spokesman said.

http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/glenn-beck-ben-carson-is-a-lunatic-career-is-over-for-saying-homosexuality-is-a-choice.html
Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 12:24:14 pm »

FYI, Carson is a 7th Day Adventist.

No, I'm not saying Carson is wrong for exposing sodomy marriage - but point being that please BEWARE of all of this Hegelian Dialectic game going on(where the enemy is playing both sides). Carson also endorses vaccinations as well.

And the MSM is portraying him as this "America's favorite conservative, Christian medical doctor". Again, please beware.

With that being said - more "conservatives" are jumping on the sodomy bandwagon the last couple of years. Pretty soon, it'll be a big army of "conservatives" and "liberals", like it was in the days of Lot.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 08:05:30 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/glenn-becks-staff-deserts-him-as-the-blaze-burn-to-the-ground/
GLENN BECK’S STAFF DESERTING HIM AS ‘THE BLAZE’ BURNS TO THE GROUND
At a staff meeting in New York last February, Glenn Beck exhorted his employees to pinch pennies and said the company’s debt was too high at $3 million—a figure sources said later grew to $5 million or more.

1/30/16

IN WHAT KNOWLEDGEABLE OBSERVERS SAY IS A SIGN OF INCREASING TURMOIL IN GLENN BECK’S TROUBLED MEDIA EMPIRE, BECK’S LONGTIME MENTOR AND CORPORATE EXECUTIVE, KRAIG KITCHIN, HAS QUIT AS CEO OF THE BLAZE.

EDITOR’S NOTE: REMEMBER HOW COOL IT WAS THE FIRST TIME YOU LISTENED TO GLENN BECK? HE HAD THAT MAGIC CHALKBOARD AND HE SEEMED TO KNOW JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING RELATED TO THE DEEP AND DARK INTRICACIES OF AMERICAN HISTORY. HE REPEATED THE WORD “PROGRESSIVES” SO OFTEN  THAT AFTER AWHILE YOU COULD SPOT ONE FROM A MILE AWAY IN THE FOG WITH YOUR EYES CLOSED.  THEN HE LEFT FOX, STARTED HIS OWN COMPANY, AND SLOWLY DRIFTED INTO WHAT CAN ONLY BE DESCRIBED AS A COMBINATION OF FIRST MENTAL ILLNESS, THEN PARANOIA AND FINALLY NOW WE SEE HIM IN THE DEATH THROES OF  IRRELEVANCE.

Kraig Kitchin’s replacement, Stewart Padveen, a digital startup entrepreneur who joined Beck’s company last summer, will be the fourth leader of The Blaze since late 2014.

Kitchin, 54, who took over operations of Beck’s conservative-leaning subscription digital and cable television enterprise last June—after two previous CEOs abruptly left in the space of six months—is resigning along with two other senior executives: Jeremy Price, director of advertising sales, and Liz Julis, director of marketing…. Several other key employees, including at least two senior producers based in The Blaze’s shrinking New York operation, are expected to follow them out the door.

IT ALL MADE SO MUCH SENSE, AND THEN ONE DAY, IT DIDN’T:

Yes, I know this video was created by the uber-Far Left group Media Matters, but since it only contains Glenn Beck talking with no commentary we decided to use it.

A source close to the situation predicted a “mass exodus” from the New York studios, which are housed in a largely unoccupied 35,000 square-foot space at Midtown Manhattan’s Bryant Park, previously rented by Yahoo, under a 10-year lease costing Beck’s privately held company an estimated $2 million a year.

At a staff meeting in New York last February, Beck exhorted his employees to pinch pennies and said the company’s debt was too high at $3 million—a figure sources said later grew to $5 million or more.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 08:24:34 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Boldhunter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 12:46:04 am »

Wow. Pot calling the kettle...! Just sayin.... Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 01:34:50 am »

Pretty much the whole "truth" movement has been infiltrated from day 1 - a lot of their lies they push are to do just that...war against Christianity. They're soft on sodomy, they hate Israel, they push the lie that Solomon was a Satanist who pushed esoteric writings like the so-called "Key of Solomon".

Solomon may have made many mistakes and fell into grave sins at the end of his life, but he did NOT get into witchcraft and Satanism like the whole "truth" movement leads you to believe.

1 Kings 11:1  But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites;
1Ki 11:2  Of the nations concerning which the LORD said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love.
1Ki 11:3  And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart.
1Ki 11:4  For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father.
1Ki 11:5  For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.
1Ki 11:6  And Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as did David his father.
1Ki 11:7  Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon.
1Ki 11:8  And likewise did he for all his strange wives, which burnt incense and sacrificed unto their gods.
1Ki 11:9  And the LORD was angry with Solomon, because his heart was turned from the LORD God of Israel, which had appeared unto him twice,
1Ki 11:10  And had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods: but he kept not that which the LORD commanded.

Again, no record of Solomon being a "Satanist" who practiced witchcraft, and what not. The book of Eccl is his REPENTANCE (where he says NOTHING about his worship of Satanism).

Eccl 2:4  I made me great works; I builded me houses; I planted me vineyards:
Ecc 2:5  I made me gardens and orchards, and I planted trees in them of all kind of fruits:
Ecc 2:6  I made me pools of water, to water therewith the wood that bringeth forth trees:
Ecc 2:7  I got me servants and maidens, and had servants born in my house; also I had great possessions of great and small cattle above all that were in Jerusalem before me:
Ecc 2:8  I gathered me also silver and gold, and the peculiar treasure of kings and of the provinces: I gat me men singers and women singers, and the delights of the sons of men, as musical instruments, and that of all sorts.
Ecc 2:9  So I was great, and increased more than all that were before me in Jerusalem: also my wisdom remained with me.
Ecc 2:10  And whatsoever mine eyes desired I kept not from them, I withheld not my heart from any joy; for my heart rejoiced in all my labour: and this was my portion of all my labour.
Ecc 2:11  Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, and on the labour that I had laboured to do: and, behold, all was vanity and vexation of spirit, and there was no profit under the sun.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 01:59:30 am »

Solomon may have made many mistakes and fell into grave sins at the end of his life, but he did NOT get into witchcraft and Satanism like the whole "truth" movement leads you to believe.

You so sure of that?

1Ki 11:3  And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart.

You have immoral lust and sexual deviancy right there.

1Ki 11:4  For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods:

Those other gods are demons, so what do you think he was doing? Just where do you think magic and witchcraft come from?

1Ki 11:5  For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites
1Ki 11:7  Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon.

Look up just what "worshiping" these demons meant?

1Ki 11:9  And the LORD was angry with Solomon

yep and rightly so. Sorry but these books of magic were probably written by him. There are stories about Solomon that go back thousands of years in other countries, like India. He did way more than "fall into grave sins", he sacrificed children! Burned them alive in magical ceremonies to Molech. 

The book of Eccl is his REPENTANCE

There is no proof of when this was written, but for it to be in the Bible i would say it was written before his fall. Solomon never repented.

1Ki 11:33
Because that they have forsaken me, and have worshipped Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, Chemosh the god of the Moabites, and Milcom the god of the children of Ammon, and have not walked in my ways, to do that which is right in mine eyes, and to keep my statutes and my judgments, as did David his father.

No repentance there. Just a lot of demon worship. The Lord is calling him out for that. This isnt something some truth movement people are making up. God took the kingdom from him for what he did.

1Ki 11:40 Solomon sought therefore to kill Jeroboam. And Jeroboam arose, and fled into Egypt, unto Shishak king of Egypt, and was in Egypt until the death of Solomon.

Does that sound like Solomon is repenting of his sins? Nope..

« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 02:07:02 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 02:12:32 am »

So Solomon is likely not in heaven? But in hell? He's not in the Hebrews 11 hall of faith. (or whatever you want to call it) Charles Lawson preached on Solomon recently, but he really gave no clear explanation.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 02:16:29 am »

So Solomon is likely not in heaven? But in hell? He's not in the Hebrews 11 hall of faith. (or whatever you want to call it) Charles Lawson preached on Solomon recently, but he really gave no clear explanation.

I believe Lawson did. But yes Solomon is not in Heaven, he did not repent. He is purposely left out of Heb 11 because of that.

If he did he would be mentioned here

Heb 11:32 And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:

and he isnt.
Report Spam   Logged

Boldhunter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2016, 04:52:18 pm »

The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
Proverbs 8:13 KJV

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Proverbs 1:7 KJV
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: