End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 03:28:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Prepare for the End: Focus On Christ

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prepare for the End: Focus On Christ  (Read 213 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2014, 08:07:21 am »

Prepare for the End: Focus On Christ

January 30, 2014

Wally Morris

My undergraduate degree is in political science. I intended to become a lawyer, but repented and went into the ministry instead. I took two classes in communism, where we studied the Soviet Union, China, and Eastern Europe. In a political gaming routine, I role-played the leader of Albania, Enver Hoxha, a ruthless man. In an unsettling way, I actually enjoyed it.

Totalitarianism takes many forms, some obvious and some not so obvious. For example, the totalitarian dictatorships of Mao, Stalin, and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un are well-known for labor camps, re-education camps, purges, and the mysterious (and not-so-mysterious) disappearance of enemies. Alexander Solzhenitsyn’s writings reveal what life was like under this type of political system.

Today in America we do not have the totalitarian dictatorships of the Marxists, but we are developing something which should disturb Christians who value freedom, particularly our freedom to proclaim the gospel.

In order to attain the type of political and economic system which will be dominant under the antichrist, how will our world get there? That system will not arise overnight but will slowly develop over the years before the antichrist. Then the antichrist will simply use for his own purposes what already exists, including a population trained to depend on and accept what government pronounces good for them.

Notice what is happening today regarding our health. Federal and local governments are placing more restrictions on what we can eat, drink, and do. Restrictions on the size of soft drinks, the type of fat we can consume, and where people can use tobacco (I almost feel sorry for smokers) may seem innocent and even medically sound.

Health insurance, i.e., now the government, requires and/or encourages physical exercise. Teachers in some public schools exercise together in order to stay healthy and set a good example. Businesses require and/or encourage workers to exercise and have healthy diets. And people generally accept this as “good for them”.

All of this may actually be physically and medically beneficial, but it reminds me of pictures and video I’ve seen of China and the Soviet Union where citizens were exercising together to maintain healthy bodies in order to serve the state and where government controlled almost every area of personal life for “the good of the people”.

Subtle and inconsistent forms of speech restriction abound today in America. Society frowns upon the use of certain words which contain racial or sexual slurs but applauds the use of profanity and coarse language. Accusations of “hate speech”, a vague and dangerous phrase, quickly silence meaningful debate on controversial topics. The slightest offense quickly demands an apology, and those with weak character quickly offer that apology.

Many have noted that the generation called “Millennial” is quite different from earlier generations. Millennials are often characterized by overvaluing their own importance, expecting high pay for menial work, dependence on others, and expecting society to fulfill their needs.

Revelation 13:15-17 describe some of the power and influence of the political system which exists in the years before Christ’s return. That system controls people with the threat of execution, personal identity markers, and the threat of economic ruin. Today, as we see more people depending on government for at least a partial source of income and food, these controls do not appear unrealistic. In fact, they appear very obtainable.

Imagine someone being told that he will not receive his social security check, food stamp benefit, prescription medicine, or medical benefit unless he accepts the personal identity markers of the political system. For many, the choice will not be hard to make. Today, people are being conditioned to accept such government restrictions and control in preparation for a future time.

Revelation 13:18 describes the “mark of the beast” as the well-known “666”. I find it very interesting that the only other Biblical use of this number describes how much gold Solomon received into his kingdom (2 Chronicles 9:13). Is there a connection between “666” and gold or the economy? I don’t know. But it’s interesting that the number has some monetary/economic connection in its only other Biblical use.

The “soft despotism” of today will lead to the “hard totalitarianism” of the antichrist. Just as the Romans accepted the rule of the worst emperors as long as they received their “bread and circus”, so people today are accepting restrictions on their freedom as long as they have their food, cell phone, and satellite TV.

When I consider the political leadership in the Western democracies, I am left with the disturbing question of “What political leadership?” Disapproval and distrust of politicians on every level of government is very high. Every four years, Presidential candidates make many promises and fulfill very few of them, leading to more cynicism among American citizens.

All of this is setting the stage for a charismatic person to step into world politics and use the chaos created by failed leaders for his own rise to power. However, all of this is also an opportunity for the creative and aggressive giving of the gospel to people disillusioned with the world they see. Since the antichrist is not in power yet, we have the freedom to reach people with the gospel. Focusing of the negatives in our world will not bring people to Christ. But focusing on Christ will give people the answer.

http://www.proclaimanddefend.org/2014/01/30/prepare-for-the-end-focus-on-christ/
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 12:07:03 pm »

Notice what is happening today regarding our health. Federal and local governments are placing more restrictions on what we can eat, drink, and do. Restrictions on the size of soft drinks, the type of fat we can consume, and where people can use tobacco (I almost feel sorry for smokers) may seem innocent and even medically sound.

Health insurance, i.e., now the government, requires and/or encourages physical exercise. Teachers in some public schools exercise together in order to stay healthy and set a good example. Businesses require and/or encourage workers to exercise and have healthy diets. And people generally accept this as “good for them”.

All of this may actually be physically and medically beneficial, but it reminds me of pictures and video I’ve seen of China and the Soviet Union where citizens were exercising together to maintain healthy bodies in order to serve the state and where government controlled almost every area of personal life for “the good of the people”.

And remember the 1980's when poisons in our food/drink supplies like Aspertame, MSG, etc got legalized, ultimately with the intent of creating a sick population. Now it's coming to a point where this same population is literally begging the government to push for more pro-health laws. Now "prominent evangelicals" like Rick Warren have put out "solutions" too with this.

Problem. Reaction. Solution.

Many have noted that the generation called “Millennial” is quite different from earlier generations. Millennials are often characterized by overvaluing their own importance, expecting high pay for menial work, dependence on others, and expecting society to fulfill their needs.

Yeah, read a lot about this too over the last year or 2.

2Timothy 3:1  This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2Ti 3:2  For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2Ti 3:3  Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2Ti 3:4  Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Ti 3:5  Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: