End Times and Current Events
May 18, 2021, 10:07:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Loneliness of the Christian

Shoutbox
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
September 14, 2017, 04:31:26 am Christian40 says: i have thought that i'm reaping from past sins then my life has been impacted in ways from having non believers in my ancestry.
September 11, 2017, 06:59:33 am Psalm 51:17 says: The law of reaping and sowing. It's amazing how God's mercy and longsuffering has hovered over America so long. (ie, the infrastructure is very bad here b/c for many years, they were grossly underspent on. 1st Tim 6:10, the god of materialism has its roots firmly in the West) And remember once upon a time ago when shacking up b/w straight couples drew shock awe?

Exodus 20:5  Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Loneliness of the Christian  (Read 422 times)
Elijah

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2010, 03:09:48 am »

http://www.worldinvisible.com/library/tozer/5j00.0010/5j00.0010.39.htm

An Excerpt from:

The Loneliness of the Christian

by A. W. Tozer

The loneliness of the Christian results from his walk with God in an ungodly world, a walk that must often take him away from the fellowship of good Christians as well as from that of the unregenerate world. His God-given instincts cry out for companionship with others of his kind, others who can understand his longings, his aspirations, his absorption in the love of Christ; and because within his circle of friends there are so few who share his inner experiences he is forced to walk alone.

The unsatisfied longings of the prophets for human understanding caused them to cry out in their complaint, and even our Lord Himself suffered in the same way.

The man [or woman] who has passed on into the divine Presence in actual inner experience will not find many who understand him. He finds few who care to talk about that which is the supreme object of his interest, so he is often silent and preoccupied in the midst of noisy religious shoptalk. For this he earns the reputation of being dull and over-serious, so he is avoided and the gulf between him and society widens.

He searches for friends upon whose garments he can detect the smell of myrrh and aloes and cassia out of the ivory palaces, and finding few or none he, like Mary of old, keeps these things in his heart.

It is this very loneliness that throws him back upon God. His inability to find human companionship drives him to seek in God what he can find nowhere else."

From Man - The Dwelling Place of God, Chapter 39:  "The Saint Must Walk Alone"

http://www.worldinvisible.com/library/tozer/5j00.0010/5j00.0010.39.htm

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Gabriel
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 07:25:02 am »

Good read and very true. I have lost my old way of life to a more simple and meaningful life. A life of Truth that has been shed upon me. It is a lonely walk when you see how blind people are. There isn't much to talk about anymore because all people want to talk about are things of this world which I lost total interest of. I thank God for that but I will continue this lonely road but in a sense I'm not alone. I have Jesus Christ with me and the time on this world is nothing compared to what He promised me. Smiley     
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 08:14:02 am »

A christian is NEVER alone.

Footprints in the Sand

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
             Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
                  In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
                       Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
                           other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
                                that during the low periods of my life,
                             when I was suffering from
                         anguish, sorrow or defeat,
                     I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
      "You promised me Lord,
         that if I followed you,
             you would walk with me always.
                   But I have noticed that during
                          the most trying periods of my life
                                 there have only been one
                                       set of footprints in the sand.
                                           Why, when I needed you most,
                                          you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
                          "The times when you have
                  seen only one set of footprints,
          is when I carried you."
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
seekingtheanswers

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 09:13:05 am »

i find it that i prefer to be alone actually. everytime i follow man i get disappointed. dr. scott is the only one so far that hasn't done something that has made me run away. though i know no one is perfect.
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 09:32:38 am »

i find it that i prefer to be alone actually. everytime i follow man i get disappointed. dr. scott is the only one so far that hasn't done something that has made me run away. though i know no one is perfect.

The big problem is that even some supposedly good Christians say stuff like, "But times have changed". For example, I tried convincing a couple of people recently how Constantine used astrology to come up with Easter, xmas, and other pagan holidays, and pointed out scripture to them saying how astrology is condemned in the bible. And their response was just that, "But times have changed".

For one, astrology is rooted in witchcraft, which the bible too condemns. And 2, God Word NEVER changes, so why would something evil now be "good" all of a sudden? Haven't they read the book of Daniel, where the astrologers et al couldn't do a darn thing to interpret Nebechenezzer's vision, and they were not taken seriously because of this? And if they want to use this logic how times have changed, so I guess that makes Harry Potter and Twilight "harmless", right?

Another downfall of today's "church" is that they just aren't being decent Boreans and searching out the scriptures and doing the research themselves to start with. The fact that "Easter" falls on a DIFFERENT DATE each year should be a RED FLAG right there - if Jesus did indeed died on Easter day, then why the heck is it on a DIFFERENT day? Shouldn't this be common sense? And same goes for xmas as well - if this is really a Christian holy day, then why is the world celebrating it?
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 08:12:42 pm »

The big problem is that even some supposedly good Christians say stuff like, "But times have changed".

Technology changes but people are still the same in there heart. Though times have changed for those with Modern Bibles, the popular NIV and NKJV are "out of time" with errors. If people's Bibles have changed then they are reading another gospel. As for Authorized King James Readers we can have strong confidence in God's Word. Pastor Mike Hoggard has a series callled "Triple helix - the planned de-evolution of mankind." which you can see at youtube.

Report Spam   Logged
existenchristau

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 11:18:39 pm »

Yes i can relate to this topic also. It appears many church going 5013c types think there is no such thing as an existenial christian they cant seem to get their head round it, to them someone that does not seek fellowship e.g attend church every sunday is NOT christian!
They also seem to consider "born again" christians to be not REAL christians either & some seem to have have an actual pecking order where they think some christians are more preordained thans others e.g theology lecturers, church elders, deacons, Bible college principals some pastors etc. the list goes on yet none of this behaviour seems to correspond with the NT gospels.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 07:29:55 am »

Yes i can relate to this topic also. It appears many church going 5013c types think there is no such thing as an existenial christian they cant seem to get their head round it, to them someone that does not seek fellowship e.g attend church every sunday is NOT christian!
They also seem to consider "born again" christians to be not REAL christians either & some seem to have have an actual pecking order where they think some christians are more preordained thans others e.g theology lecturers, church elders, deacons, Bible college principals some pastors etc. the list goes on yet none of this behaviour seems to correspond with the NT gospels.

Not all, but a growing number of them seem to put "tithing" way too much at the forefront. Alot of messages I hear is how if you give tithe, and at least 10%, all your finances et al will be blessed. And for that matter too, I've also heard nonsense like if you give more than 10%, you will get more blessings. No wonder why these same pastors et al look up to Rick Warren, b/c supposedly Warren gives 90%, so they're like, "He's a man of faith, so there's no need to look into him any further".

As for tithing, I have no problems with churches and ministries needing to raise money(ie-their daily expenses ala $30K a month or so, for example, to pay for the electricity, janitorial, food, etc stuff that needs to be done, as well as other ministry work). But it's come to a point now where pastors and church leaderships are manipulating their pews so that their own wallets can be fattened a bit.
Report Spam   Logged
William
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 10:14:55 pm »

I can say from experience, it would be nice to find fellowship with a fellow brother where I live, however most of the people around here are living in sin. Its a small town, so thankfully its not like the big cities, but even sin here. The people are mostly simple, so this is really the only life they have ever known.

I was told by a friend, that he thinks some Ku Klux Klan members are down here, because after they moved to this city, they got some package or something, and it said KKK on it. I don't know how true it is, however I could believe it, there's not one black person I know of in this town. But its the same everywhere, a guy I kind of know personally, as everyone knows everyone in this town, hes a Mason, though he doesn't go to the lodge anymore, but continues to pay his dues.

He told he was a Mason, this was back when I was a little younger and asked him about it. He told me some things, but I forget most of it. One thing he said that sounded really strange to me was "Well maybe Hitler was right, who knows". Sent off red flags for me even then. He goes to some small Lutheran church outside of town.

Most of the Churches in my town are DEAD. I mean no one even has services in them. That's just extreme cold, its not even lukewarm. He wants us cold or hot though. Better to be hot than cold though! Even the big Catholic Church here is DEAD. That is very surprising for me, but its true.

Though I'm not alone since I have Christ, and the Holy Ghost with me. Still it would be nice to have fellowship around here. Thankfully there is Peace here, that's a Blessing from the Lord.

Most of the people, as someone once told me are on welfare in this town. Which is probably true, so when things get bad they will most likey take off for the city leaving this town like a Ghost-Town. We will see though.

God Bless all.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 10:27:44 pm »

Same here, William - I live in a small, albeit growing and developing city - the big First Baptist is yoked up with Purpose Driven(ie-the pastor of that church 3 years ago on his blog thought the countdown end times was nearing as Bush II was working on a peace deal with the ME, then fast-foreward over 2 years later, he writes on his same blog saying how God revealed to him all the wonderful plans he has for his church for years. Pretty much a 180), and the one I'm attending is decent(ie-it's mostly old folks, which is good b/c old folks are largely conservatives and old-timers in their ways, and this church never did any of the Emergent stuff like PDL nor Bill Hybels). It's not great, but it's better than most churches out there, and I think the pastor may not be great, but he's pretty solid. And there was another Baptist church on the south side of town we first started attended when we first moved, which had an excellent preacher. However, his abuse scandal with a teen girl 20 years ago, which was hidden for so long, finally came out into the open. We were all shocked one morning when my dad read the local paper, and saw his picture and the story on the front page. That was pretty much the clincher not to join the church(and to boot, I found out a couple of years later that this church is yoked up with Bill Hybels - not defending this preacher, but IMHO, maybe they found an excuse to expose him when he kept saying No to yoking up with this heretic?).

As for other churches here, yeah, pretty dead, with the slight exception of them having big, beautiful, albeit very old buildings(ie, the RCC church, the Methodist one, etc). It's as if they advertise more fun and recreation on their web sites than preaching the true gospel. Plus I don't think any of them uses KJV.

We are in the end times, so yeah, I anticipate this loneliness. To boot - it seems like you can't even discuss the wickedness of the Vatican/Jesuits to anyone. It's as if the modern day Baptist/Protestant seminaries have brainwashed their students into thinking the office of the Pope is some influential christian leader. One time I tried warning someone about this issue, and he responded, "If our pastor criticizes the Pope, he should be fired!".
Report Spam   Logged
William
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 10:54:14 pm »

Same here, William - I live in a small, albeit growing and developing city - the big First Baptist is yoked up with Purpose Driven(ie-the pastor of that church 3 years ago on his blog thought the countdown end times was nearing as Bush II was working on a peace deal with the ME, then fast-foreward over 2 years later, he writes on his same blog saying how God revealed to him all the wonderful plans he has for his church for years. Pretty much a 180), and the one I'm attending is decent(ie-it's mostly old folks, which is good b/c old folks are largely conservatives and old-timers in their ways, and this church never did any of the Emergent stuff like PDL nor Bill Hybels). It's not great, but it's better than most churches out there, and I think the pastor may not be great, but he's pretty solid. And there was another Baptist church on the south side of town we first started attended when we first moved, which had an excellent preacher. However, his abuse scandal with a teen girl 20 years ago, which was hidden for so long, finally came out into the open. We were all shocked one morning when my dad read the local paper, and saw his picture and the story on the front page. That was pretty much the clincher not to join the church(and to boot, I found out a couple of years later that this church is yoked up with Bill Hybels - not defending this preacher, but IMHO, maybe they found an excuse to expose him when he kept saying No to yoking up with this heretic?).

As for other churches here, yeah, pretty dead, with the slight exception of them having big, beautiful, albeit very old buildings(ie, the RCC church, the Methodist one, etc). It's as if they advertise more fun and recreation on their web sites than preaching the true gospel. Plus I don't think any of them uses KJV.

We are in the end times, so yeah, I anticipate this loneliness. To boot - it seems like you can't even discuss the wickedness of the Vatican/Jesuits to anyone. It's as if the modern day Baptist/Protestant seminaries have brainwashed their students into thinking the office of the Pope is some influential christian leader. One time I tried warning someone about this issue, and he responded, "If our pastor criticizes the Pope, he should be fired!".

Yeah, I only went to a few churchs as a kid. As it said in my testimony. However the most recent ones that I went to last year, They just had everything messed up. The first one I went to, used the NIV, now while I went there the Pastor would always want me to use the NIV as everyone else, he was like "well I want you to use the same bible as us, so you don't get confused and are able to follow along with our bible study." I only went like twice to there mornnig services, and most of the rest of the time it was youth group.

Now in the youth group, I never budged on my King James. I kept using it even when they all used the NIV. I think I tried reading the NIV once, and man that thing is hard to understand! I was like, I can't understand this at all, I'm going back to my King James Bible. That NIV made no sense at all!

Well I left that church, though I came back a few times later. I have not been back since like Summer of 2010. I can remember the second time I came back that the Pastor was acting distant torwards me, and he appeared like angry at me for leaving or something. I even remember a simaler white van driving through my town as I walked down the main road between our town. The people in the ban looked at me with like a dirty face, I was like wow. Also some kid from the youth group of that church, was following me around the town one day, I mean literally stalking me, and like he was trying to intimidate me or something. I went up one street to try and face him face to face, but he kept walking straigt and headed for the local gas station, so I missed him.

Another Baptist church I went to once in another small town byond ours, I went one day, after that...NO more. We read like one verse, and than we went and played basket ball for hours...while we were playing basket ball, some people byond us got into some fistfights and were fighting each other. Another guy came up and had some whisky and was drinking with a bunch of girls while he watched us play basketball. Those people who got into the fistfights, guess what happen? Yep the cops came and arrested one person. He didn;t take off like the rest of them.

Luckily we werent bothered by the cop, nor did he really ask us anything. So we were left out of them. After that experince I never went back.

The next Church I went to for a couple times, but they thought a great awaking was coming and that Gwen beck was turning this country around...lol
Also they were a 501C3 church, I asked them this and he kind of tried to get out of it, he explained "they are already 501C3 Churches" I left that one for good, also I did not like how they passed an offering plate around.

The last place I went too, and boy was it a mistake...was a Messianic temple. These people were all wrapped into the Law, using the name of "Yahweh" and "Yahshuah" Though even I have to admit I got into it for a little bit, Thank God I got out. The guy I went with kept on saying I was "Chosen" and that I was going to be a prohpet and lead people out, etc. I never went back to that place, plus one guy justified why a verse was missing from the NIV. This guy had been a 1) Catholic 2) Jehovah Witness 3) Amish 4) Now he was Messianic.

It was good experiences for me to learn. Still though, there so perverted or Dead now. Its really sad.

God Bless
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 08:44:17 am »

Just be thankful for the INTERNET, b/c this seems to be by far the best place for fellowship, Praise the Lord!

Sometimes, I keep on thinking Christian persecution is in the physical sense...well, as we both have learned, not so much at all. "Stick and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me"...this statement itself isn't exactly true, b/c yes, insulting words CAN ruin our days at times.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: